PDA

View Full Version : Most inconsistent team so far this season!!!

fairandbalanced
12-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I have noticed that several teams play like the Celtics some nights and then play like the Nets other nights. Teams like Chicago, Miami, Toronto, San Antonio and New-York are all tricky to rank, they can surprise people any given night and disappoint the next game. Which team is the most inconsistent in the NBA?

#1Mavericksfan
12-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Spurs....everybody was putting them right up there with the Lakers when the Spurs are nowhere near the Lakers, Nuggets, Mavs or Suns level.

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Heat :(

DirkIsTheBest
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Mavericks. they won in LA but lost to warriors at home.

ManRam
12-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd say the Magic are the most inconsistent elite team so far. Our record is great and all, but we started off with a great offense and no defense, to a terrible offense with great defense, now we're back to terrible offense. There has been very little consistency.

I voted for th Spurs though for this poll. But they've been beating all the bad teams, and losing to all the good teams. Not sure if that's inconsistency or not.

Raph12
12-16-2009, 01:17 PM
All of those teams seem to be in the same boat (except maybe Denver), but I voted for San Antonio because they have TimmyD and Pop, so they shouldn't be in this predicament.

Ryan328
12-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Gotta be the Spurs. 12-10 record is very disappointing when you look at the talent on that roster.

clutchski
12-16-2009, 01:40 PM
The question was which team is most inconsistent, not which team was the most promising but hasn't delivered so far.

I think it's the Raps. We've beaten Cleveland in our opener, then lost to Memphis. We've also had a lot of 2-3 wins in a row, followed by consecutive losses. That's based on our inconsistent offense. Our defense is consistently bad.

JordansBulls
12-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I have noticed that several teams play like the Celtics some nights and then play like the Nets other nights. Teams like Chicago, Miami, Toronto, San Antonio and New-York are all tricky to rank, they can surprise people any given night and disappoint the next game. Which team is the most inconsistent in the NBA?

It's not the Bulls, we are just bad. Denver is inconsistent. Beat the Lakers but lose to the Twolves at home.

Miami beats Orlando and gets beat by some bad team.

Frantico
12-16-2009, 02:13 PM
The word is inconsistent - not constantly bad or suprisingly dissapointing. The most inconsistent team in the NBA is the Utah Jazz - it plays to the level of the team they are playing. They beat LA, Orlando, and San Antonio but lose to the Wolves TWICE and other bad teams.

b_russ
12-16-2009, 02:23 PM
The word is inconsistent - not constantly bad or suprisingly dissapointing. The most inconsistent team in the NBA is the Utah Jazz - it plays to the level of the team they are playing. They beat LA, Orlando, and San Antonio but lose to the Wolves TWICE and other bad teams.

Agreed. I don't know how they were overlooked to not even be on the poll.

Hitman21
12-16-2009, 02:28 PM
The Wizards

Tom81
12-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Spurs

bkmikeyy
12-16-2009, 02:53 PM
gotta be the knicks...
key wins this year: NO, @NO, @ATL, PHO, POR, lost to celtics in overtime, in denver by 3, utah by 2
awful losses: Philly, Indiana, GS, @ Char twice

never know what team you are going to get, sometimes it seems like they play down to competition even though they are not that good.

all that including, the worst start in franchise history to longest winning streak in 3 years a few weeks later.

Toenail Clipper
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
I voted for the Spurs, their record is just terrible

JayW_1023
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
The Spurs...it's been frustrating to see how we are underachieving with all our depth, talent and basketball IQ. We've been playing soft and scared.

MJ-BULLS
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
the spurs, going in to the season they were one of the favs to compete in the west and haven't been able to put it together.

PLAYERS FAN
12-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Denver and Dallas

Mavrix
12-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Spurs

Kohaku
12-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Nuggets....beats the Jazz, Blazers, Lakers, and Suns but lose to the Bucks, Clippers, Pistons and Timberwolves ...

Raps18-19 Champ
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Spurs with Raps and Denver behind.

eugene
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Jazz!!!

asandhu23
12-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Warriors... but then we are plagued by injuries. We lost Mikki Moore today.:(

ManRam
12-16-2009, 05:53 PM

I agree. The Spurs haven't been inconsistent, they just aren't good. Look at the teams they've beaten, and the teams they've lost to. They beat the bad teams, and lose to the good ones. That is NOT inconsistency.

I change my vote to the Jazz (lost to Minny twice, get killed by LA then beat them, lost to Sacramento, but beaten some good team) or Denver (some of their losses are terrible.

I'll say that a vote for San Antonio is flat out wrong.

macc
12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd say the Magic are the most inconsistent elite team so far. Our record is great and all, but we started off with a great offense and no defense, to a terrible offense with great defense, now we're back to terrible offense. There has been very little consistency.

I voted for th Spurs though for this poll. But they've been beating all the bad teams, and losing to all the good teams. Not sure if that's inconsistency or not.

How did I know you would go out of your way to call out the Magic in this. Granted they haven't been the most consistant but are nowhere near as inconsistant as the teams listed above. You don't have the bash our team EVERY chance you get, even when it's not even the logical choice

Plus its tough to be consistant when everyone has been injuried at some point.

JayW_1023
12-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I agree. The Spurs haven't been inconsistent, they just aren't good. Look at the teams they've beaten, and the teams they've lost to. They beat the bad teams, and lose to the good ones. That is NOT inconsistency.

I change my vote to the Jazz (lost to Minny twice, get killed by LA then beat them, lost to Sacramento, but beaten some good team) or Denver (some of their losses are terrible.

I'll say that a vote for San Antonio is flat out wrong.

On paper The Spurs are supposed to be a better team.They have unselfish players and a good coach...no way they should be where they are now. I call that underachieving.

Vinny642
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
All of the teams on the poll are inconsistent, im going Spurs also as the most inconsistent.

randomness
12-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Spurs with Raps and Denver behind.

this

azkarraga
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Raps and Denver. Spurs are basically underachieving, not incosistent.

ManRam
12-16-2009, 07:32 PM
How did I know you would go out of your way to call out the Magic in this. Granted they haven't been the most consistant but are nowhere near as inconsistant as the teams listed above. You don't have the bash our team EVERY chance you get, even when it's not even the logical choice

Plus its tough to be consistant when everyone has been injuried at some point.

Exactly. It's a good thing we've been so inconsistent, yet are still the second best team in the East. I'm not calling them out...I'm just pointing out how we are only going to get better. It's not bashing, it's being realistic.

On paper The Spurs are supposed to be a better team.They have unselfish players and a good coach...no way they should be where they are now. I call that underachieving.

It is underachieving, not being inconsistent. That's my point. They are two different things. They haven't been inconsistent at all.

VCaintdead17
12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Pacers have been pretty damn inconsistent. We go on a six game win streak, then an 8 game losing streak...

blastmasta26
12-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Knicks definitely. Also the Bobcats should be up there, they beat the Cavs and Nuggets but gave the Nets their first win.

INeedMyJays
12-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Spurs. Everyone thought that they were gonna be a beast of a team...HAH

macc
12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Spurs. Everyone thought that they were gonna be a beast of a team...HAH

That's not being inconsistant though. They've been consistantly mediocre. Now you can maybe call them underachieving but not inconsistant.

Frantico
12-17-2009, 02:54 PM
I can't believe some of the teams you guys are picking!

The Magic?? Are you serious?? How can you be inconsistent when you have a record like that, and your the 3rd best team in the league??

And the Knicks?? They aren't inconsistent - they are flat-out bad.

And the Spurs?? They are underachieving, yes, but they are not as good as people thought they would be.

The real question is... do people really know what inconsistent means?

It's clearly the Jazz.