PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce thinks the Grizzlies would be a top 4 seed if in the Eastern Conference

JordansBulls
12-16-2009, 01:39 AM
Source: ESPN (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291214029)

"They're right on our heels, man," Pierce said. "If they grow together and continue to play together, they'll be right there.

"It's unfortunate that they're in the Western Conference. If they were in the East, they would probably be a top-four seed right now."

Ragun
12-16-2009, 01:40 AM
uh...no.

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 01:40 AM
nope

mjt20mik
12-16-2009, 01:41 AM
LMAO @ the Boston fan that commented on the "Who can beat Boston" thread, saying that the Celtics were just screwing with them until the fourth quarter. Obviously the Grizz had them on their heels.

:facepalm: @ Homers

ManRam
12-16-2009, 01:42 AM
I love Paul Pierce, but he's giving a average team way too much credit just because they gave the Celtics a good game. Top 8, not top 4.

what54!?
12-16-2009, 01:45 AM
uh in a couple of years maybe but this year........they might have crackes the playoffs in the east in if they keep it up

brandt
12-16-2009, 02:06 AM
lol!!! What was he smoking? At best they are an 8th seed team in the East, but even that will fade quickly.

zambo4president
12-16-2009, 02:18 AM
No way in hell would they be a top 4 team. No way.

Raph12
12-16-2009, 02:19 AM
Pierce just seems to get dumber and dumber each year.

J$mo0th_3o5
12-16-2009, 02:22 AM
uh...no.

:laugh: Funny *** sig!

J$mo0th_3o5
12-16-2009, 02:23 AM
They have a good young squad but he took it too far by saying 4th seed.

GoatMilk
12-16-2009, 02:32 AM
yeah someone up there said it

just giving them credit because they gave the C's a good game

b_rad23
12-16-2009, 02:43 AM
I'd give them 6th seed.

SeoulBeatz
12-16-2009, 02:56 AM
I dunno, ive watched the grizz and they play very solid ball for having soooo many scorers and shoot-first players

they make it work, cant hate on them for that.

who would expect them to be playing as well as they have at this point in the season?

certainly not me.

4th seed in the east is logical considering when u look at the rest of the east.....

ko8e24
12-16-2009, 03:22 AM
If the great Paul Pierce said this....then it must be true :rolleyes:

HeirCanada
12-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Paul Pierce could probably teach a course on speaking before you think. But then again, the course would just end up being mostly random facts he would make up on the spot.

Toenail Clipper
12-16-2009, 03:27 AM
lmao. didn't he say once he was the best player in the planet
lol

iggypop123
12-16-2009, 03:29 AM
pierce must love hyperbolic statements. just like when he said he was the best player in the world.

J4KOP99
12-16-2009, 04:31 AM
those stabbings are finally starting to affect his thought process...

SchyGuy11
12-16-2009, 04:54 AM
paul pierce is an idiot i wish he would just shut up

Hellcrooner
12-16-2009, 05:05 AM
why not? i mean gay and marc gasol woudl have a more than fair chance to make allstar for the east, while their chances in wesst are 0.

lakerboy
12-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Memphis is underrated. Maybe not the 4th seed, but they can be better Miami or Milwaukee.

TheWatcher34
12-16-2009, 07:28 AM
people need to take it with a pinch of salt when players give a statement to the media. in this case, PP is just being a good sportsman as he encourages the young grizzlies that they're on the right path, continue their effort to get W's in a tough western conference, and that they have talent climb up the rankings. who cares what they could be in what conference, that's not something anyone could predict and PP knows this himself aswell...
some people in here are not able to understand professionalism in sports, in general. i m not bothering facepalming most of you but nevertheless the ignorance on PSD is widely spread...it's time to acknowledge "the truth".

Strumpy
12-16-2009, 07:44 AM
Oh Paul..... :facepalm:

magichatnumber9
12-16-2009, 07:52 AM
I don't find what Pierce said quite as bad as the overreaction to it. There athletes not scholars you numb nuts.

TheWatcher34
12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
..or in other words PP criticizes the EasternConference for its weakness, using the grizzlies as a comparison to express the difference of general team quality between the two conferences. furthermore it means that the celtics have the best record because the eastern conference is not as competitive as the west. it's always good to see a champion being humble.

Mr.ATLHawks
12-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Well Paul I cant say your wrong but isnt it ironic they are playing the "potential" 4th seed in the East tonight in Phillips Arena. Lets see how the Griz fair against the athletic Hawks. If they win then I will co-sign his statement. As of right now I agree on the 6th seed or somewhere in that area. The "think" East has a better record against the West (couldnt find this stat) this year the conferences are a little more balanced now.

Carey
12-16-2009, 09:20 AM
No....The Grizz arent even better then my Thunder and we would not even be a 4th seed in the East, not even close, the Grizz are on their way tho.

todu82
12-16-2009, 10:47 AM
The East is weak but not that weak.

sep11ie
12-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Ummm, way to support how strong your conference is...

GodsSon
12-16-2009, 11:26 AM
the east is weak but not that weak.

+1

BkOriginalOne
12-16-2009, 11:27 AM
The griz have been playing well since their bad start.
They might catch a berth if they played how they have over the last 10-15 games or so for the whole season, but not better than a Hawks team or even the Heat.

HoopsDrive
12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
He's the Truth so he's right.

/thread

NickyNick
12-16-2009, 12:03 PM
hahaha figures this comes from jordanbulls...the most sour person on PSD against the celtics, face it the bulls blow

and if PP said anything negative about the grizz you would crush him for that as well, have you EVER made a thread that wasnt boston hate??

RaiderLakersA's
12-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Paul Pierce conceding that the Eastern Conference is a joke compared to the Western Conference?

Cubs Win
12-16-2009, 12:22 PM
hahaha figures this comes from jordanbulls...the most sour person on PSD against the celtics, face it the bulls blow

and if PP said anything negative about the grizz you would crush him for that as well, have you EVER made a thread that wasnt boston hate??

By posting a story that came from ESPN? There's no need for Celtics fans to bash JB every time he makes a Celtics related thread. After all, they are title contenders so they will be in the news more. Then you have Pierce spewing out things like this. If you don't like threads that mention the Celtics maybe you should tell them to be a slightly below average and keep their mouths shut or just don't post here.

ManRam
12-16-2009, 12:31 PM
By posting a story that came from ESPN? There's no need for Celtics fans to bash JB every time he makes a Celtics related thread. After all, they are title contenders so they will be in the news more. Then you have Pierce spewing out things like this. If you don't like threads that mention the Celtics maybe you should tell them to be a slightly below average and keep their mouths shut or just don't post here.

I agree. It's an interesting comment. Why not post it? I'm sure if another star said something similarly stupid, JB would be on it as well.

delfinko
12-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Paul Pierce conceding that the Eastern Conference is a joke compared to the Western Conference?

As if it's some secret?

Storch
12-16-2009, 12:47 PM
this is the same guy that said he's better than kobe

Nighthawk
12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
i clearly agree....Grizzlies have a young an deep squad. There bench has promising players. Thabeet, Carroll, Arthur, Young. Not to mention Gasol is a beast. Randolph is a consistant double double. Gay is about to break out an be a superstar. Mayo's the real deal. And Conley has actually showed promise. No doubt in the east there a top 5 team.

NickyNick
12-16-2009, 02:12 PM

are you new around here? JB ONLY post threads that relate to the celtics, he's obsessed with it. And how is Paul Pierce complementing a young and upcoming team stupid? please explain

pebloemer
12-16-2009, 02:15 PM
i clearly agree....Grizzlies have a young an deep squad. There bench has promising players. Thabeet, Carroll, Arthur, Young. Not to mention Gasol is a beast. Randolph is a consistant double double. Gay is about to break out an be a superstar. Mayo's the real deal. And Conley has actually showed promise. No doubt in the east there a top 5 team.

Big gap between agreeing that they are top 4 and claiming you think they are top 5.

I dunno, ive watched the grizz and they play very solid ball for having soooo many scorers and shoot-first players

they make it work, cant hate on them for that.

who would expect them to be playing as well as they have at this point in the season?

certainly not me.

4th seed in the east is logical considering when u look at the rest of the east.....

Which team are they better than? Cleveland, Orlando, Boston or Atlanta?

I'd say 5th seed could be arguable. People need to start respecting the Hawks more I think...

SB75
12-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Another back hand slap at the Hawks. Can't wait till we play again.

Shaddix
12-16-2009, 02:32 PM
I thought the Grizz were good when they signed AI, apparently that didn't work out but the young core these guys have has playoffs written all over them in 2-3 years

JordansBulls
12-16-2009, 02:34 PM
are you new around here? JB ONLY post threads that relate to the celtics, he's obsessed with it. And how is Paul Pierce complementing a young and upcoming team stupid? please explain

:confused:

You have 75 posts and you say every thread is about me disliking the Celtics.

In case you haven't notice, I post on a variety of topics. And I'm not sure how this is even hatred for the Celtics. If I started a thread on a Celtics player asking if so or so was overrated then that could be considered me disliking them or something, but not something that is article related.

Super.
12-16-2009, 02:37 PM

In case you haven't notice, I post on a variety of topics. And I'm not sure how this is even hatred for the Celtics. If I started a thread on a Celtics player asking if so or so was overrated then that could be considered me disliking them or something, but not something that is article related.

Yet why is it every time you post something about the Celtics, you put it in a negative light, or something like this that will bring out the haters.

Every.Single.Time

your ridiculous. :pity: always letting the bias come out

Mr. Fluffi
12-16-2009, 03:00 PM
Source: ESPN (http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291214029)

"They're right on our heels, man," Pierce said. "If they grow together and continue to play together, they'll be right there.

"It's unfortunate that they're in the Western Conference. If they were in the East, they would probably be a top-four seed right now."

Thread title: "Paul Pierce thinks the Grizzlies would be a top 4 seed in the Eastern Conference"

I honestly don't know how you could post this more neutral.

Anyways I think top 5 is arguable (although I don't agree) but no way in hell would they be higher than orlando, boston, cleveland or atlanta.

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
paul pierce is an idiot i wish he would just shut up

He's an idiot for complementing and encouraging a young and up and coming team? You're the one that should shut up you damn reject....I'm not even a Celtics fan but damn...haters can be so stupid...

MJ-BULLS
12-16-2009, 03:18 PM
nah maybe more like top 7 or 6 team

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2009, 03:19 PM
people need to take it with a pinch of salt when players give a statement to the media. in this case, PP is just being a good sportsman as he encourages the young grizzlies that they're on the right path, continue their effort to get W's in a tough western conference, and that they have talent climb up the rankings. who cares what they could be in what conference, that's not something anyone could predict and PP knows this himself aswell...
some people in here are not able to understand professionalism in sports, in general. i m not bothering facepalming most of you but nevertheless the ignorance on PSD is widely spread...it's time to acknowledge "the truth".

100% agree...people on here are so stupid saying that paul pierce is an idiot... the guy is encouraging a young team and showing them respect, and rejects just wanna bash him...some ppl need to get lives...seriously.

Double_R
12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Paul Pierce shouldn't talk and neither should you

mjt20mik
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Yet why is it every time you post something about the Celtics, you put it in a negative light, or something like this that will bring out the haters.

Every.Single.Time

your ridiculous. :pity: always letting the bias come out

I don't understand how your finding it negative at all. He just stated that the Grizz were a good match for them, and that they are a solid team that has a bright future.

I don't get why people bash JB honestly. Maybe if the thread was named "Paul Pierce opens his big mouth again" or something like that it would make sense, but it isn't that. So just read the article, and discuss that.

Double_R
12-16-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't understand how your finding it negative at all. He just stated that the Grizz were a good match for them, and that they are a solid team that has a bright future.

I don't get why people bash JB honestly. Maybe if the thread was named "Paul Pierce opens his big mouth again" or something like that it would make sense, but it isn't that. So just read the article, and discuss that.

Listen Boss, it's one thing to say that they are a good team on the rise, it's another thing to diss the rest of the teams in your conference, since there are 9 teams in the east with a better record than them, so no if they were in the east they would be in the lottery.

pebloemer
12-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Listen Boss, it's one thing to say that they are a good team on the rise, it's another thing to diss the rest of the teams in your conference, since there are 9 teams in the east with a better record than them, so no if they were in the east they would be in the lottery.

Would you agree that the Western Conference is stronger? That the competition they play the majority of games against is stronger? If you do your logic is flawed. If you don't I'd love to hear your case.

pebloemer
12-16-2009, 03:50 PM

I find it funny that the vast majority of people thinking your biased have quite low post counts, while the ones defending you have much higher post counts. You'd think the ones that have been posting beside you for years and years would know you better :).

I think some people just come on here because they like creating beef.

Lakersho
12-16-2009, 03:53 PM
well if you think,about half the east playoff teams have .500 or losing records. east kinda get a pass,not like the west. sad to say he is probably right lol... top 4 seeds have a pass in 1 st round...

mjt20mik
12-16-2009, 03:55 PM

If they diss the rest of the conference, they are dissing themselves as well. People are reading too much into it. The Grizz under Hollins have been playing well. They would probably have a better seed in the East, as compared to a tougher Western Conference. They are right now 3 spots from the bottom, as compared to them being 9th in the East with the same record.

Double_R
12-16-2009, 03:57 PM
PistonsPistons L:74-96
RaptorsRaptors W:115-107
NuggetsNuggets L:133-123
KingsKings L:127-116
WarriorsWarriors L:113-105
LakersLakers L:114-98
ClippersClippers L:113-110
Trail BlazersTrail Blazers L:79-93
RocketsRockets L:104-79
TimberwolvesTimberwolves W:97-87
ClippersClippers W:106-91
76ers76ers W:97-102
BucksBucks L:98-103 4-9
KingsKings W:116-105 5-9
SunsSuns L:126-111 5-10
Trail BlazersTrail Blazers W:96-106
ClippersClippers L:98-88
Jazz L:120-93
TimberwolvesTimberwolves W:95-97
MavericksMavericks W:98-82
CavaliersCavaliers W:111-109
ThunderThunder L:94-102
HeatHeat W:90-118
CelticsCeltics L:105-110

Yea it's been real rough for them, look at their games played, they are not good, let alone in the top 4 in the east.or anywhere near close to being in the top 4 teams in the east.
They have a .508 SOS, that is nothing crazy, Yea the west is deeper, but the east has a better top 3

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2009, 04:02 PM

lol wtf? how the hell is he dissing the eastern conference? he simply said they would probably be in the top 4 if they were in the east. and you cant compare their record to the records of teams in the east because they would have a completely different schedule if they were in the east...idiot...do i agree that they would be in the top 4? obviously not because boston, cleveland, atlanta and orlando are all better, but they could possibly be 5th, seeing as they handled my raps earlier in the year, and they dumped all over miami couple days ago...but all that isn't the point, the point is that pierce is saying if they stick together and continue to play well, they can be a very scary team...you people read wayyyyyy too far into this...

Sadds The Gr8
12-16-2009, 04:04 PM

Yea it's been real rough for them, look at their games played, they are not good, let alone in the top 4 in the east.or anywhere near close to being in the top 4 teams in the east.
They have a .508 SOS, that is nothing crazy, Yea the west is deeper, but the east has a better top 3

lol...and because the east is less deep, therefore the grizzlies would have a better chance of being in the top 4 right?

nipo10847
12-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Pierce doesn't want to face the athletic hawks anymore!

pebloemer
12-16-2009, 04:11 PM

I can certainly respect this post. My comment was simply that comparing records and then saying "since there are 9 teams in the east with a better record than them, so no if they were in the east they would be in the lottery." Your current argument is certainly much better and stronger.

That being said, they've beaten some exceptional teams: Cavs, Mavs, Blazers and have shown lots of potential. They'll have many more tough games in the New Year to really show what they have.

tonyd3b54
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
theres way too much hate for paul pierce on this site... if the guy said cancer was bad everyone would hate on him and be like wat a friggen ****** i love cancer....

the grizz are a good team and theyre the youngest team in the nba... notice pierce said if they continue to grow together.... most of the people on this site dont have have the iq of pierce...its all biased and stupid comments...

sp1derm00
12-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Well, at least Pierce acknowledges that the West is a tougher conference than the East.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-16-2009, 05:12 PM
If they had to face a lot of East teams, they can be the 5th seed.

mikantsass
12-16-2009, 05:29 PM

I been sayin this for months bro. Its not just JordanBulls, its every Bulls fan period.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
This is the same idiot that thought he was the best player in the world. He should just stop saying things publicly.

ElMarroAfamado
12-16-2009, 05:44 PM
ugh yes.....the east sucks but for like 3 teams or 4 teams

pebloemer
12-16-2009, 11:40 PM

Could you or any of the other JB bashers explain how any words he has stated in this thread "crushes" Paul Pierce or represents Boston hate. Because the JB haters are out but I can't see how any of them are making any sense.

SB75
12-17-2009, 12:16 AM
Paul question who the top 4 in the east is again. I really would love to see us end up 3rd and Boston end up 2nd so we can meet in the 2nd round.

mzgrizz
12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Well, I'm happy he thinks so highly of my team, but I wouldn't think we were top 4 in an East conference; maybe top 5 by end of season; top 6 for sure.
If they stay healthy( and Thabeet can keep his jaw intact) and continue to share the ball; they will most likely lose their lowly image of the past 3 years.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-17-2009, 05:10 AM
can someone tell me who is paul pierce? hahahahahhahaha

Raph12
12-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Paul question who the top 4 in the east is again. I really would love to see us end up 3rd and Boston end up 2nd so we can meet in the 2nd round.

If you're an Atlanta fan, then as long as you guys finish 4th and Boston finishes 1st, you can play them in the second round anyways.

Funnily enough, I think Atlanta may be the only team besides Orlando that could beat Boston in the East.

Jays Claw
12-17-2009, 02:24 PM
May someone please tell me what Paul Pierce is smoking!? :facepalm:

retropit
12-17-2009, 04:12 PM
wow, jordansbulls... did you ******* every girl in boston? it seems like every boston fan got a vendetta against you. but don't worry, they are just insecure to the point that they feel bitter against any team that really pushes the celtics.

pebloemer
12-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Could you or any of the other JB bashers explain how any words he has stated in this thread "crushes" Paul Pierce or represents Boston hate. Because the JB haters are out but I can't see how any of them are making any sense.

Still waiting for a response. Many fans have ripped JB for this thread - still haven't heard how what he said was biased.... just sayin....

NickyNick
12-17-2009, 04:45 PM

first off Paul Pierce saying he thinks highly of the grizz is NOT news or thread worthy....JB put it here so everyone can "facepalm" and rip on pierce....read what everyone is writing, you'll understand

and maybe your new here but have you ever seen a thread from JB about the celtics that was positive? dont think so....its always garnett, rondo or celtics bashing

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/
(this is just a good blog from pirece) someone has to stick up for him

Tony_Starks
12-17-2009, 04:53 PM
I hate the Celtics. I respect Paul Pierce game.

That being said, he's right. Grizzlies are playing respectable ball in a tougher conference. In the East they'd be playoff bound for sure!

pebloemer
12-17-2009, 05:08 PM
first off Paul Pierce saying he thinks highly of the grizz is NOT news or thread worthy....JB put it here so everyone can "facepalm" and rip on pierce....read what everyone is writing, you'll understand

and maybe your new here but have you ever seen a thread from JB about the celtics that was positive? dont think so....its always garnett, rondo or celtics bashing

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/
(this is just a good blog from pirece) someone has to stick up for him

Jordanbulls starts more threads than any other person on PSD in general. Celtics get lots of media attention. So yes,he post many threads that relate to the Celtics.

This thread is about Memphis. This thread is to discuss a consistently bad team that is finally showing some promise. To me that is both newsworthy and discussion worthy.

The only reason the Celtics are even relevant is that Paul Pierce is the source. Maybe YOUR new here and don't realize that when people start threads they are supposed to state who said it and who reported it. How people react is more PSD hate towards the Celtics than anything JordanBulls said. There is no way any words he said in this thread were Garnett, Rondo or Celtics bashing. So yes, I have seen it many times where he has started threads that didn't bash the Celtics... like this one. In the 2 years (note: not new here....) I've had this account I've posted in many of his threads. When you are a top tier team you get more media attention. When you are a physical, rough team, cocky team, you open yourself up to more controversy.

JordanBulls is just posting what's in the media. He doesn't control the reactions and he has remained neutral. You can't blame him for the ignorance of other posters.

Also to add: All the people defending JB here are people who have been on PSD for years and have been posting in his threads for years with thousands of posts each. I find it hilarious that someone with 75 posts thinks he knows JB better.

ugafan
12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
I just heard on Jim Rome is Burning that Paul Pierce thinks he's faster than Chris Johnson :laugh2:

CityofTreez
12-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Good Laugh.

NickyNick
12-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Jordanbulls starts more threads than any other person on PSD in general. Celtics get lots of media attention. So yes,he post many threads that relate to the Celtics.

This thread is about Memphis. This thread is to discuss a consistently bad team that is finally showing some promise. To me that is both newsworthy and discussion worthy.

The only reason the Celtics are even relevant is that Paul Pierce is the source. Maybe YOUR new here and don't realize that when people start threads they are supposed to state who said it and who reported it. How people react is more PSD hate towards the Celtics than anything JordanBulls said. There is no way any words he said in this thread were Garnett, Rondo or Celtics bashing. So yes, I have seen it many times where he has started threads that didn't bash the Celtics... like this one. In the 2 years (note: not new here....) I've had this account I've posted in many of his threads. When you are a top tier team you get more media attention. When you are a physical, rough team, cocky team, you open yourself up to more controversy.

JordanBulls is just posting what's in the media. He doesn't control the reactions and he has remained neutral. You can't blame him for the ignorance of other posters.

Also to add: All the people defending JB here are people who have been on PSD for years and have been posting in his threads for years with thousands of posts each. I find it hilarious that someone with 75 posts thinks he knows JB better.

whatver man your an idiot if you dont realize that he (and all the other bulls fans) is still butthurt from last years series..they never said anything before then, and if you cant figure that out then your just ignorant

and i come here to read rumors and good topics, i rarely comment, but i will if i see someone bash a team because they are still butthurt.....and bragging that you have thousands od post kind of makes you sound like a loser....go outside , maybe meet a girl, get away from the computer!:D

pebloemer
12-17-2009, 08:43 PM
whatver man your an idiot if you dont realize that he (and all the other bulls fans) is still butthurt from last years series..they never said anything before then, and if you cant figure that out then your just ignorant

and i come here to read rumors and good topics, i rarely comment, but i will if i see someone bash a team because they are still butthurt.....and bragging that you have thousands od post kind of makes you sound like a loser....go outside , maybe meet a girl, get away from the computer!:D

Wow.... I'm not sure how I warranted so many verbal attacks.

I'm also not sure how stating a common trend among the time that posters have been on PSD and the contributions they've made is some how bragging. Many of the people who defended him have far more posts than I and I did not draw any attention too myself. Simply stating that those who've been around him longest, posted along with him longest, debated topics with him longest, probably have a more informed opinion of the guy then people who have had minimal contact with the guy.

You still didn't actually respond to my post. You deflected it by personal insults about my character (which you know nothing about). You call me "ignorant, a loser, tell me to go outside and meet a girl." It actually doesn't take a large portion of my life to post on this website. I'll break it down for you - been on the site for 2 years. 1900 posts. So that's about 950 posts a year which is between 2 and 3 posts a day. An average post probably takes me about 2-3 minutes. Some longer, some shorter. That's about a fraction of a percent of my day spent posting. Certainly sounds like this is my life.... In fact (not that it is any of your business), I have a full time job, friends and family that I love to spend time with, many hobbies, a woman that I am unbelievably crazy about child on the way. But yet I don' find that the fraction of a percent of my day posting really gets in the way of any of it. Crazy concept.

So ignorant? Well you're pretty ignorant if you assume all that about me. Clearly you don't have an idea what you are talking abot and make plenty of assumptions about me and my life (it's amazing, that's two people you've done that too in this thread... - I sense another trend).

Need a girlfriend? - check - couldn't be happier.

Need a life? Check - the pieces are falling into place just fine.

Loser because I'm bragging? Well I guess now I'm bragging so maybe I'll give you that, but I couldn't resist. Whenever someone has the audacity to make such horrible assumptions about other human beings, it's alright to squash the assumptions by bragging I think.

Get back to me when you actually want to respond to what I said in my post and get past the verbal attack stage.

BlondeBomber41
12-17-2009, 08:47 PM
They arent better than Boston, Cleveland, Orlando or Atlanta so not top 4 but other than that there isn't a EC team that you can say is definently better than them.

Kakaroach
12-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Not top 4, but they could make the playoffs for sure. You have to remember they wouldn't have to play WC teams as much and would play EC teams more.

Bishnoff
12-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Coming from the guy (Pierce) who thinks he's the best player in the NBA. Put down the crack pipe Paul.

Super.
12-17-2009, 09:33 PM

Why is it that EVERY SINGLE post that he makes that have to do with the Celtics, ALWAYS end up just being a giant flame fest against the Celtics and their players.

It's not just him. It's your entire fanbase. Ive only met a few Bulls fans who dont think Rose isnt the second coming of Jesus, and who still arent bitter about last years playoff series and who dont take every opportunity they can to bash them.

Super.
12-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Still waiting for a response. Many fans have ripped JB for this thread - still haven't heard how what he said was biased.... just sayin....

Because every post he makes, he knows will turn into a flame fest. I posted a story this offseason that belonged in the Celtics forum, because i KNEW if i posted it in the NBA forum it would turn into a flame fest. What does he do? takes my story and posts in the NBA forum. Why couldn't he report on how the Celtics are the #1 team in the NBA or how they have a nice winning streak? Why not something about the slumping Spurs? Nope, gotta let that bias, and anger left from the last 2 beatings we left Chicago with get to him.

:pity:

pebloemer
12-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Because every post he makes, he knows will turn into a flame fest. I posted a story this offseason that belonged in the Celtics forum, because i KNEW if i posted it in the NBA forum it would turn into a flame fest. What does he do? takes my story and posts in the NBA forum. Why couldn't he report on how the Celtics are the #1 team in the NBA or how they have a nice winning streak? Why not something about the slumping Spurs? Nope, gotta let that bias, and anger left from the last 2 beatings we left Chicago with get to him.

:pity:

You are welcome to post those threads if they are thread worthy. But this thread has nothing to do with the Celtics. It is about Memphis. Paul Pierce was commenting on how far they've come and how challenging they are to play. It was ignorant PSD posters that flamed. He did none of the flaming. The aggression is so misplaced. As many others have stated, we don't see how he could have been any more neutral with what he said. What has he said in THIS thread putting a negative light on the Celtics. They have a negative light because so many people dislike them for a variety of reason (some justified, many not). Just because he starts more threads than anyone else doesn't mean they are all negative abot the Celtics. This was supposed to be abotu Memphis...

dodie53
12-17-2009, 10:34 PM
4th seed?

no.

CowboysKB24
12-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I agree in a sense. They are a great team. They are growing and have all young talent. If O.J. can become the star and lead that team, they'll be dangerous. I don't think they will be a true threat until Lakers (Kobe), Celtics (big 3) are out of the picture for good. When all of the older guys retire is pretty much is what I am trying to say.. so 3-4 years. They will be a real threat IMO for titles.

MrFastBreak
12-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Memphis has been playing some good basketball as of late, but saying they'd be the 4th seed if they were in the East is just going a little too far. I understand that the West is a tougher conference and they'd be a higher seed in the East, but being 4th is too high. I don't even think they're better than Miami. I'd say they would be the 6th seed at best.

kozelkid
12-18-2009, 12:29 AM
I love how Celtics use excuses if a team plays well against them. They said the same **** about the Bulls following the playoff series? :rolleyes:

ldc62
12-18-2009, 12:41 AM
1 decent game against the celtics and Pierce says this? What would happen if those "avg" teams were to somehow beat them?

b_rad23
12-18-2009, 12:44 AM
I love how Celtics use excuses if a team plays well against them. They said the same **** about the Bulls following the playoff series? :rolleyes:

and we know how wrong that was:p