PDA

View Full Version : The Grizz are pretty good...

shep33
12-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Have people been watching them play lately, i know they lost tonight against the celts, but i mean if Pierce and Allen don't come up super clutch they win that game most likely. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs this year, but they'll get close i think, around .500 IMO. Now outta Portland, OKC, and Memphis, I think the Grizz can be that next great team 2-3 years down the road, they have unreal young talent.

Conley 22
Mayo 22
Gay 23
Randolph 28
Gasol 24

Darell Arhur 21
Thabeet 22
Sam Young 24
Demarre Carrol 23
Haddidi 24
Marcus Williams 24

Do the Grizz have more potential than any other team now? What do you guys think... and how well do you see them doing this year and next year?

Sox Pundit
12-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Their young guards need to learn some defense.

But yes, they have great potential.

Hellcrooner
12-15-2009, 01:33 AM
that there is only one thing needed and its a gay for BETTER PG + defensive minded sf and some picks for them to start rolling.

kEviN21
12-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Gay their best player is going to leave this summer.

Hellcrooner
12-15-2009, 01:36 AM
^1 gya is NOT their best player its the mos HYPED and i will go nd say it OVZERHYPED.

in fact eh is their third bet player to OJ 1 and MArc 2.

2 yes he will either LEAVE or force them to sign him a max contract and i ASSURE you he is not MAX contract deserving guy,

Hellcrooner
12-15-2009, 01:37 AM
thats hy i said they shold trade him

Tha Truth
12-15-2009, 01:38 AM
It's all about that boy Mayo.

He's clutch. Late in games this dude is WET.

Toenail Clipper
12-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I like their squad, it's just their bench I don't like that much with the exception of Thabeet. They can be great as long as they have a great coach with a great leader

bahama0811
12-15-2009, 01:40 AM
The Grizz are decent. That's as much as I can say for them.

Preuss-is-right
12-15-2009, 01:41 AM
^1 gya is NOT their best player its the mos HYPED and i will go nd say it OVZERHYPED.

in fact eh is their third bet player to OJ 1 and MArc 2.

2 yes he will either LEAVE or force them to sign him a max contract and i ASSURE you he is not MAX contract deserving guy,

The Wolves will probably offer more money than the Grizzlies do.

Hellcrooner
12-15-2009, 01:43 AM
wolves can offer 6 year and 8%increase grizz can offer 7 years and 12,5% increase, so grizz cn oofer the max to him and shoot themselves inthe foot in the process.

that dude is all bout himself .

B.JenningsMVP
12-15-2009, 01:47 AM
I can see them making the playoffs....

shep33
12-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I actually think they have more potential than Portland, especially with Oden continually getting injured (hopefully he gets better). Only other team that really looks loaded in the next few is OKC. If they can hold Westbrook, Harden, Durant, and Green.. they'll be pretty tough to beat. The Grizz could actually make the playoffs this year, but i think they just miss out.. too many good teams in the west.

NYKnickFanatic
12-15-2009, 02:31 AM
I can see them making the playoffs....

Sarcasm?

Chronz
12-15-2009, 02:42 AM
HC Should they trade Gay for Battier?

Hellcrooner
12-15-2009, 03:29 AM
^not straight up because battier is older now. something more shoudl be added.

but here is an itresting fact.

verybody in these boards ( except me of course, ut you all knwo im crazy) woudl say gays is better than battier.

well 2005-6, grizz with battier made playoffs for thid straight year.

folowing year they trade battier for gays rights hte rest of the team is basically the same grizzz to the lottery.

it may mean soemthign..

kblo247
12-15-2009, 03:42 AM
^not straight up because battier is older now. something more shoudl be added.

but here is an itresting fact.

verybody in these boards ( except me of course, ut you all knwo im crazy) woudl say gays is better than battier.

well 2005-6, grizz with battier made playoffs for thid straight year.

folowing year they trade battier for gays rights hte rest of the team is basically the same grizzz to the lottery.

it may mean soemthign..

It means Pau misses the majority of Rudy's time in Memphis because of injury :facepalm:

As for the Griz, Zach Randolph deserves credit. Face facts, he may have been a problem in Portland because he knew they didn't want him anyway but he has not been the problem on any of his last 3 teams.

If New York keeps him, they make the playoffs last year but the Knicks didn't want to win as they went for a lotto pick since they knew they wouldn't have one this year.

The Clippers got better with him and fell off when he got hurt. Baron was the poison of that team because he transformed back into his old, fat, lazy, injured self.

There has been nothing bad said about him in Memphis and Mayo and Gay have both said that he was the one encouraging them through the losing and the voice during the AI problem.

The boy could always score and rebound, and although his D is subpar the fact is that he has tried to help the team and they have let him. The end result is a good team.

Hellcrooner
12-15-2009, 03:46 AM
yes zach is doing it good.

memphis is failign in distributing the ball, conleys fault and is having troubel because they have TOO many scoring optins with ok, gay, zach and marc.

thats why i say they should try and trade gay ( who is an expiring tha twill lead them to trouble or overpay matching an offer) for a GOOD DISTRIBUTOR for pg and a DEFENSIVE MINDED SF then have three clear scoring options 1 oj, 2 marc third Zach in that order.

SteveNash
12-15-2009, 08:23 AM
AI leaves and the team gets better overnight, wonder if it's a coincidence...

All Memphis needs to do is trade Gasol a defensive center.

Carey
12-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Yea they are coming along very well, they are really responding to Hollins coaching. I think keeping Gay will be key but as long as some of the guys buckle down on defense and guys dont mind being role players then they should be ok.

TheWatcher34
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
combine the best players of OKC and the GRIZZLIES...that would be stacked with young talent, a real contender in a few years....

Ray_R
12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Griz n Thunder are super promising.