PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James steals ball, Thunder fan's french fries

MDfootball36
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-LeBron-James-steals-ball-Thunder-fan-s-f?urn=nba,208503

LeBron James(notes) put on quite the show Sunday night in Oklahoma City, scoring a season-high 44 points, stuffing the rest of box score with seven rebounds, six assists and four steals, helping the Cavs to a big road win, and even stopping for some quick drive-thru fast food during a break in the first half action.
After stealing the ball and stumbling through a foul to convert a layup, the hungry superstar stopped along the baseline to snag some french fries from a boy seated in the front row wearing a Durant jersey. Yoink!

Now, obviously, the LeBron haters are having a field day with this.
Take, for example, Hardwood Houdini: "The immaturity of 'The King' is one of the reasons why he has yet to win a championship. He is much too focused on gaining attention for himself, and not focused enough on the fact that his team is far from reaching greatness."
Over some french fries? Please. I tend to side with Larry Brown Sports' level-headed take: LeBron was just messing around. It's pretty clear there was no disrespect involved. He probably made that kid's year.
And besides, shouldn't we be impressed with LeBron's ability to hit the ensuing free throw with grease on his hands? That Spalding had to have been slippery, right?

video in the link

Gators123
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
It was pretty funny actually. But who wants LeBrons sweaty hands in their fries

NYKnickFanatic
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM
:pity:

ManRam
12-14-2009, 04:00 PM
KILL HIM.

I think it's hilarious, and awesome and every other synonym out there. He gave the kid a high five. Probably made his life. It was all in the flow of the game. There's nothing wrong with what he did. He's having fun, not showing anyone up. It's great.

But again...if anyone else did this, no one would care.

Highlight
12-14-2009, 04:03 PM
KILL HIM.

I think it's hilarious, and awesome and every other synonym out there. He gave the kid a high five. Probably made his life. It was all in the flow of the game. There's nothing wrong with what he did. He's having fun, not showing anyone up. It's great.

But again...if anyone else did this, no one would care.

Agreed.

Not a big deal.

But you are wrong. If this was any other superstar it would be made big regardless. If CP3 did it, everyone would love it because I don't think CP3 has too many haters. If Kobe did it, he would get the same attention as Lebron. The haters would hate, and the people that like him, would say exactly what you said.

Regardless, I don't think it was a big deal. The guys an entertainer just as Shaq was. He likes the spotlight and there's nothing wrong with that.

*Superman*
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Can he sue LeBron for stealing his fries?

That was pretty cool, I wish he had my fries.

albertc86
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this other than he put his sweaty hands in the kid's fries.

topdog
12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
The kid was happy an all but I'm kinda tired of guys messing around an' all that. He should have gotten a delay of game for that. lol Seriously though, Stern should have a talk with him because there are petty people out there who will take any chance at interaction and turn it into a lawsuit - such as when Big Baby bumped that kid on the sidelines.

Play the game! Once you win, celebrate however you want. During the game, play like it means something and don't act like a friggin' harlem globetrotter (the current ones not the pioneer group that revolutionized b-ball).

My fries are salty enough w/o Lebron James sweat on them, thank you very much.

ManRam
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Agreed.

Not a big deal.

But you are wrong. If this was any other superstar it would be made big regardless. If CP3 did it, everyone would love it because I don't think CP3 has too many haters. If Kobe did it, he would get the same attention as Lebron. The haters would hate, and the people that like him, would say exactly what you said.

Regardless, I don't think it was a big deal. The guys an entertainer just as Shaq was. He likes the spotlight and there's nothing wrong with that.

No. You are right. If it was anyone else (besides Kobe or someone like KG), there would not be one negative post in this thread.

ko8e24
12-14-2009, 04:15 PM
we had a thread on this late last night, and it was closed. So of course it will be closed again

Go_NUGGETS
12-14-2009, 04:15 PM
The kid was happy an all but I'm kinda tired of guys messing around an' all that. He should have gotten a delay of game for that. lol Seriously though, Stern should have a talk with him because there are petty people out there who will take any chance at interaction and turn it into a lawsuit - such as when Big Baby bumped that kid on the sidelines.

Play the game! Once you win, celebrate however you want. During the game, play like it means something and don't act like a friggin' harlem globetrotter (the current ones not the pioneer group that revolutionized b-ball).

My fries are salty enough w/o Lebron James sweat on them, thank you very much.

What makes you so worried about it???

And to all of you criticized Lebron for dancing...What makes yall so worried about it???

MDfootball36
12-14-2009, 04:20 PM
we had a thread on this late last night, and it was closed. So of course it will be closed again

well the old thread wasn't really about lebron, everyone got off topic

CrazyCrackar
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Sure but when mark sanchez eats a hog on the sideline its bad...But lebron could eat french fries in the middle of a game.:rolleyes:

ko8e24
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
well the old thread wasn't really about lebron, everyone got off topic

well, that's true, at least there's an actual link/story this time

ManRam
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
Sure but when mark sanchez eats a hog on the sideline its bad...But lebron could eat french fries in the middle of a game.:rolleyes:

There's a difference between making sure you get a hot dog during a game then taking a french fry or two in a spur of the moment, comedical situation. It's not like he sets out to eat french fries mid game.

Either way, I don't actually think it's a big deal. Athletes can eat what they want. Mark eating a hot dog isn't what makes his suck. His suckiness is the reason.

MDfootball36
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
yea i dont really think its a big deal but i love lebron, if tom brady did something like this i would say thats unsporting

Raoul Duke
12-14-2009, 04:55 PM
I just bought those fries on ebay for 10 beeeeelyun dollarz.

TheKing23
12-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Haha, there's nothing wrong with it and anyone who says different is a hater.

That kid will remember that for the rest of his life and it was in the flow of the game and didn't disrupt it. Just a funny moment from a guy that loves to entertain.

ZebraCity916
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Like other people pointed out, I wouldn't want sweaty hands in my fries. Other than that, it was pretty funny. The kid even high-fived him. :laugh2:

ILLN355
12-14-2009, 05:10 PM
I'd be honoured to have LeBrons hand in my fries... :P
ha ha

TheWatcher34
12-14-2009, 05:15 PM
I just bought those fries on ebay for 10 beeeeelyun dollarz.

so it was you who outbet me, damn.....

TheWatcher34
12-14-2009, 05:17 PM
would have been hilarious if the kids had stood up for HIS fries, imagine....

ElMarroAfamado
12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
i hate Lebron James
but this was actually kinda cool
and i give him props

BoltLakerPadre
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm sure it was funny, and if they were my fries it would make for a great story. But if I were a Cleveland fan I think I would be getting tired of the shenanigans. Winning needs to come before clowning around. Having fun is important, this is a game after all, but the Cavs aren't looking so hot this year, so it might be time to take a break from the foolin', and start schoolin' Lebron.

arkanian215
12-14-2009, 08:27 PM
lol thunder fan high fives james while wearing a durant jersey.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Ew.

I wouldn't want sweat on my fries.

But that was cool though.

Vinny642
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
This is a good Lebron moment, funny

SA5195
12-14-2009, 09:53 PM
No fast food during games!! :pity:

lol jk

ManRam
12-14-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm sure it was funny, and if they were my fries it would make for a great story. But if I were a Cleveland fan I think I would be getting tired of the shenanigans. Winning needs to come before clowning around. Having fun is important, this is a game after all, but the Cavs aren't looking so hot this year, so it might be time to take a break from the foolin', and start schoolin' Lebron.

I don't get how stealing a fry, giving a high-five after you ran out of bounds gets in the way of winning.

Maybe I'm missing something??

philab
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I don't get how stealing a fry, giving a high-five after you ran out of bounds gets in the way of winning.

Maybe I'm missing something??

Yeah, and the Cavs won. And LeBron scored a season-high 44 points.

Some people try way too hard to talk **** about LeBron.

nipo10847
12-14-2009, 10:21 PM
OMG!!!...I dont think Lebron has many haters except the laker fans. Ask the kid if that made his life or not. Silly laker fans! God bless them. Lebron is the King regardless of everything.

Gators123
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
People love to hate on LeBron.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-14-2009, 10:32 PM
omg there's a thread for every little thing that Lebron does. I mean holy **** who cares if he is dancing in the middle of a game or eating fries. Let him be

jim51990
12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
hi-lar-rious

Bashna
12-15-2009, 01:44 AM

hahha...Your post is funny and all, and while i think it also proves how stupid you are, I think your signature does that very thing to a further extent. I mean, leave it to a lakers/kobe fan to have a quote from a fascist prime minister. Sorry, but i just found this funny

back on topic, This would MAKE, MY, DAY, if that happened and i bet that kid will have a great month telling it to all his friends, I'd buy Lebron a cheeseburger just to watch him eat it, folks.

Toenail Clipper
12-15-2009, 02:10 AM
OMG!!!...I dont think Lebron has many haters except the laker fans. Ask the kid if that made his life or not. Silly laker fans! God bless them. Lebron is the King regardless of everything.

10 year old

Boozerguy47
12-15-2009, 05:09 AM
I can't stand the guy. Yes, he is a great player... But, he is so immature and all about himself. He just wants the camera on him. Look at his dancing, his full court shots (after Dwight Howard did one a couple days earlier), going off at Madison Square Garden the game after Kobe lit it up in NY. Now this, wanting to get on TV and talked about even more. The only thing I like about him being in the NBA is that it gives me a team to dislike.

You don't see KG, Wade, Kobe, Carmelo or any of those guys doing this stuff.

JJ_JKidd
12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
It was pretty funny actually. But who wants LeBrons sweaty hands in their fries

LBJ also eats his fingernails. Yikes

JPHX
12-15-2009, 11:50 AM
It would be even better if LeBron still had his flu.

pelmen84
12-15-2009, 11:52 AM
LBJ also eats his fingernails. Yikes

Yea lol

Actually last time i watched the game they gave him a nail clipper... So he was sitting on the bench clipping nails... :facepalm:

koreancabbage
12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
lebron is an entertainer. that is why he gets paid millions and millions

you play to entertain- sorry, but what's the reason why we go to games? to be entertained duh!

that kid even gave Lebron a high five- made the kid's day for sure.

ManRam
12-15-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't get how anyone is spinning this into a negative. I think it's actually a huge positive. It is great that he is having fun, smiling, high fiving a kid. The NBA is a game. It's all about entertaining and pleasing the crowd. What he did didn't hurt his team, his team's chances of winning, or show up anyone else. It was just a great, natural, happy reaction he had. Call it childish if you want. I call it awesome. I also don't get how people are saying this is all about him being obsessed with attention. It was a split second reaction thing. He didn't stop, think to himself how much attention he could get, and then do it. He just did it. It was awesome. I wish more athletes were more down to Earth, and would enjoy what they are doing.

Bullsfan22
12-15-2009, 12:15 PM
lebron>

TheKing23
12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I can't stand the guy. Yes, he is a great player... But, he is so immature and all about himself. He just wants the camera on him. Look at his dancing, his full court shots (after Dwight Howard did one a couple days earlier), going off at Madison Square Garden the game after Kobe lit it up in NY. Now this, wanting to get on TV and talked about even more. The only thing I like about him being in the NBA is that it gives me a team to dislike.

You don't see KG, Wade, Kobe, Carmelo or any of those guys doing this stuff.

Haha, seriously... You are a hater.

Full court shots? How many players throw up full court shots before a game? Soooo many, LeBron just has a habit of making a lot of them so they get shown on highlights before the game, nothing wrong there, just entertaining the fans. If you could throw up 50 footers in front of 20,000 people and make them on a fairly consistent basis, wouldn't you?

Lighting up MSG? So Kobe does it and it isn't attention seeking then LeBron does it and it is? Dude, put the haterade down... Both players did what they did to get there team the win, and if that means dropping 50 in the mecca of basketball, then so be it.

"The only thing I like about him being in the NBA is that it gives me a team to dislike" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AK-50
12-15-2009, 12:27 PM
gotta love the NBA lol

Glenn Davis pushing fat kids and LeBron taking kids fries

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-15-2009, 12:33 PM
bEAST!

Punkindrublic03
12-15-2009, 01:00 PM
The real tragedy of this story is that it happened in OKC and not Seattle. It should have been a little Sonics fan rocking a Durant Sonics jersey that got his french fry stolen from LeBron :cool:

Ray_R
12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
i dont see the big deal the kid was excited and he even got to :hi5: LeBron noharm done.

NJrockPD
12-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Little does he know that I rubbed that kids fries on my private parts a few minutes before that happened.

simonrsca
12-16-2009, 08:00 AM
LeBron James-Cleveland Cavaliers Eats a Fan's Fries!!
LeBron James has taken heat recently for his casual attitude on the floor. Just a week ago, Joakim Noah called LeBron out for dancing during the game. It seems to me that opposing players arenít happy with LeBronís cavalier attitude, feeling that his teamís success doesnít give him the right to play around as much as he does. That brings me to what happened on Sunday night. During Sundayís game with the Thunder, LeBronís momentum following a layup carried him into the stands behind the basket. While he was there, he decided to help himself to a few fries of the fan. Check out thevideo of LeBron James eating a fanís food on Sunday night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZLAs24xiYU

TheWatcher34
12-16-2009, 08:10 AM
we got a similar thread already, MODS, shut it down please!!!

simonrsca
12-16-2009, 10:28 AM
we got a similar thread already

where?

TheKing23
12-16-2009, 10:51 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436006

bigsams50
12-16-2009, 10:53 AM
where?

everywhere

Brew Crew
12-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Holy ****. This is SUCH big news! I think the world needs to just stop for a minute and let everyone realize the biggest news to end a decade, EVER. Lebron James has eaten a fan's french fries. oh. my. god.

Lebron needs to take lessons from Chad Hachi Go Ochocinco Johnson, because he is getting annoying.

GodsSon
12-16-2009, 11:23 AM
this is the 3rd thread now about lebron taking the fry...seriously, this makes Westerners look so pathetic that "celebrities" get attention for doing anything...BREAKING NEWS: LEBRON JUST WENT TO TAKE A ****!:speechless:

ManRam
12-16-2009, 11:38 AM
:facepalm:

I've used it once. Make it twice now.

Who. Gives. A. ****?

Let the man have some fun. He didn't do anything wrong. It was awesome.

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
:facepalm:

Zefflin
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
^^

macc
12-16-2009, 11:51 AM
For some reason I just knew somone would make a thread about this on psd. Just lame. Who cares if he ate somones fries. I can't believe I'm wasting part of my day to just post in here. Fail

Zefflin
12-16-2009, 11:52 AM
There should have only been one thread for Lebron taking a fans fry. The only reason there should be a third being made is if he shoved the ****ing thing up his own ***.

prodigy
12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
He ate 1 fry. lol. OMG LEBRON!!!!! AHHHHHH YOU FRY EATER NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KnicksorBust
12-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Don Mattingly Popcorn > LeBron James fries

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Lebron is the Antichrist, who steals fries ? seriously, send this dude to jail!

JayAllDay
12-16-2009, 12:32 PM
MUUUUTTTTIIIIINNNNNYYYYY

DOWN WITH THE KING!

Actually,

no. Not at all. This was frigging funny.

Storch
12-16-2009, 12:46 PM
I wouldnt give him my fries. Those are like 5 bucks at the staple center. :pity:

Brew Crew
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM
He ate 1 fry. lol. OMG LEBRON!!!!! AHHHHHH YOU FRY EATER NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UM NO. Can't you take a second or two to actually watch part of our great American History take place? Lebron took one and a half, count em, one and a half fries! Clearly this goes down in history along the names of Christopher Columbus, George Washington, and the almighty American savior, Barack Obama.

sep11ie
12-16-2009, 01:03 PM
I ate a whole medium order of my friends fries once, wheres my publicity?

sep11ie
12-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Should this be in the Fastfood forum anyways?

Raph12
12-16-2009, 01:23 PM
The kid seemed thrilled, so no biggie.

Man I wish I had video of him stealing my fries.

CrazyCrackar
12-16-2009, 01:28 PM
i like french fries.

Zefflin
12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
This just in...Lebron James wipes with his left hand!!

Raph12
12-16-2009, 01:56 PM
This just in...Lebron James wipes with his left hand!!

OMG!!! Where did you hear that!!! LINK?!?!?!?!?!?! :speechless:

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 01:57 PM
OMG!!! Where did you hear that!!! LINK?!?!?!?!?!?! :speechless:

ESPN just reported it as breaking news.

sep11ie
12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
You should make a thread about it

simonrsca
12-16-2009, 02:21 PM

Are you a NBA-player?

cwilson21
12-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Who gives a **** about him eating fries? How about that huge *** travel on the steal?

JayW_1023
12-16-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm getting sick of Lebrons showboating antics and yearning for the spotlight. Shut up and play basketball.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-17-2009, 04:55 AM
lebron showboats toooo much. when he wins a championship he cud do all the clownin he wants until then. jss play. dangggg.

sep11ie
12-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Are you a NBA-player?

Yea, I'm badass at NBA2k7

Raph12
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM

I had a large, Lebron can't touch me!