PDA

View Full Version : Paulie Malignaggi defeats Juan Diaz in unanimous decision.

NYKnickFanatic
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
:clap:

Anyone see the fight?

Congrats to Paulie, definitely thought he won the first fight between them, and just proved it yesterday.

Yung N Fly
12-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah I was real happy Paulie won, especially since it won me $50 lol, and he def. won both of these fights.

He said he wants Hatton or Marquez next and I think he could beat both of those guys if he just uses his boxing and fight's smart. I know alot of people dont like Paulie but he's my favorite jr Welterweight right now, Brooklyn!

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd rather see Marquez vs Hatton than Malignaggi vs Hatton/Marquez.

2009mvp
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Nice performance by Malignaggi, but I don't understand why he's gotta go after JMM/Hatton (Well, I do. $$$). There's a handful of young, exciting Jr. Welterweights that are established enough to do nice numbers with Paulie. Tim Bradley is the best 140 pounder in the world, yet these guys are all about calling out the big named veterans instead of a champion. It's gonna be really interesting to see how that division shakes out next year.

And for the record, Hatton/JMM has already been agreed on, and I'll tell you right now it's gonna be dreadful.

AddiX
12-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Nice performance by Malignaggi, but I don't understand why he's gotta go after JMM/Hatton (Well, I do. $$$). There's a handful of young, exciting Jr. Welterweights that are established enough to do nice numbers with Paulie. Tim Bradley is the best 140 pounder in the world, yet these guys are all about calling out the big named veterans instead of a champion. It's gonna be really interesting to see how that division shakes out next year.

And for the record, Hatton/JMM has already been agreed on, and I'll tell you right now it's gonna be dreadful.

I can understand Hatton because of money and its a rematch he probably wants since he looked so bad that fight.

But I agree there is to many top caliber jr welters to be asking for Marquez (how bad of a fight would that bad?)

Rumors are Bradley is making a move for Kahn. I think thats way to early for Kahn. Bradley is a complete beast and is one of the few fighters who is cleaning his division out.

I actually think Quez Hatton could turn to be a good fight. Ricky will come right to Marquez and Marquez can counter punch all he wants, and they are both probably to far in their careers to make it a boring fight.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-14-2009, 12:13 AM
Hatton and Marquez will be exciting only because both want to prove that they still have it in them so they will give it their all to win.

NYKnickFanatic
12-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I can understand Hatton because of money and its a rematch he probably wants since he looked so bad that fight.

A rematch with JMM? They never fought...:confused:

NYKnickFanatic
12-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Hatton and Marquez will be exciting only because both want to prove that they still have it in them so they will give it their all to win.

IMHO, it will be far from exciting.

2009mvp
12-14-2009, 01:48 AM

But I agree there is to many top caliber jr welters to be asking for Marquez (how bad of a fight would that bad?)

Rumors are Bradley is making a move for Kahn. I think thats way to early for Kahn. Bradley is a complete beast and is one of the few fighters who is cleaning his division out.

I actually think Quez Hatton could turn to be a good fight. Ricky will come right to Marquez and Marquez can counter punch all he wants, and they are both probably to far in their careers to make it a boring fight.

I'm good with pretty much any combination of Bradley/Khan/Paulie/Alexander/Ortiz/Maidana/Holt. Hell if Peterson continues to look anything like he did last night he'll be right up there in the near future too. It should be a great 2010 for Jr. Welterweights.

As for JMM/Hatton if it happens it's gonna be round after round of JMM turning Ricky's face into hamburger meat. Not a boring fight per say, just a very one-sided fight of little consequence at this point in their careers, and somewhat disappointing if only because I think JMM's still got enough left in the tank to do more than beating a shot fighter like Hatton. It wasn't that long ago he dropped a hungry Diaz after all.

A rematch with JMM? They never fought...:confused:

He was talking about Malignaggi.

NYKnickFanatic
12-14-2009, 03:09 AM
He was talking about Malignaggi.

:o Now it makes sense. Lol

jetsforever
12-14-2009, 04:11 PM
I like Pauli but i dont think he will beat Hatton. He already lost to him and it wont be much of fight. But then again, who is there really for Hatton to fight? hes no longer among the elite and Mallinagi is in the mid range.

2009mvp
12-15-2009, 04:58 AM
^^Hatton IS fighting JMM. Malignaggi wants the winner but that's unlikely. Also unlikely that he fights (or has the ability to hang with) the top 4 or 5 guys in the division. The idea has been floated out there for him to fight Juan Urango next for whatever alphabet he's holding at the moment, which sounds like a reasonable proposition.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2009, 04:56 PM
IMHO, it will be far from exciting.

Marquez and Hatton are always in the front lines battling.

There will be lots of punching and both fighters will give their all to prove they still belong.

ULT WARRIOR408
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm happy for Paulie because I felt he got robbed the last time they fought.But like 2009mvp said I would like to see him mix it up with my boy Timothy Bradley or some other good young fighter at 140lbs.

ELO
12-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Marquez will destroy Paulie

Ray_R
12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Honestly when Hatton Marquez happens they both Should retire. Since fighting some boxers in the U.S he hasnt really been any good. Marquez is good but he is past his prime I believe he will wanna retire on aW after this fight.

Jr. Welterweights have alot of good up and comers why not fight them against each other?