PDA

View Full Version : Gasol: I dont get many looks offensively

Basel
12-13-2009, 12:13 PM
Pau Gasol: "I don't get many looks offensively, so I've got to get my offensive rebounds. Otherwise, I'll get five shots during the game."

Saw this on Lakersground.net

I love Kobe but im really sick of him trying to be a hero. He shot 7/24 Last night (1-9 3FG) thats 29%.

The rest of the starting lineup was shooting %60

Gasol 6/11
Artest 6/10
Bynum 5/8
Fisher 6/8

Why the hell was Kobe shooting that much when

He has an injured finger, has a stomach illness and his teammates are on fire. Im tired of Kobe trying to take the game over all the time when its visibly clear his teammates can take that load.

JasonJohnHorn
12-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Because he is a selfish player and a glory hound.

Basel
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Because he is a selfish player and a glory hound.

I would'nt call him selfish, but Kobe can be glory hound at times. Its a blessing and a curse. At this point, you would think Kobe would at least know that winning a game by yourself is not the brightest idea especially when you have teammates that can help you win games.

dudeonthemoon
12-13-2009, 12:36 PM
kobe has always been a ball hog, its just been a nonfactor cuz the lakers have been winning

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
..... five minutes till you get bashed like hell.

Good to see im not the only one with eyes on his face.

IT must be a family curse too Little brother is getting like 14 points a game with 5 or 6 shots and still mayo , gay and randolph wont pass him the ball and shoot brick after brick to overscore him and be " the hero"

Gators123
12-13-2009, 12:37 PM
This thread wont end well...

MrFastBreak
12-13-2009, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't call him selfish but he sure is a glory hound. When you're already struggling you should not be taking any more shots especially if you're not feeling well and you have an injured finger. You should be getting your teammates more involved

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Gasols numbers in the last 3 games

19 points 12 rebounds(4 offensive 8 defensive) 4 assists
17 points 20 rebounds(8 offensive 12 defensive) 7 assists
16 points 20 rebounds(9 offensive 11 defensive) 5 assists

Dude is a monster, and most of his shots are coming from offensive rebounds(putbacks)

Kobe was just trying to be a hero, but he was so ill and the broken finger didn't help to do it!

And the refs screwed us all over, it was just ridicilous because everyone who saw the game, saw that in the 4th quarter one of the referees looked at the boxscore and realised that Lakers had 3x more fouls than Jazz!

And then they started to call phantom calls on Utah to even out the number of fouls!

NBA IS RIGGED!

Basel
12-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I supported Kobe all the time, and this is not a bait/troll thread. But I just dont see why Kobe is voted as the player with the best IQ by coaches or GM's. He's very capable of demoralizing a team or opponent by using his god given talent, but somehow he thinks "scoring" is the only way. He's too stubborn.

He could easily end up with 15 assists and 12 points last night and probably gave his team a better chance of winning. The man is so enamored with his offensive skillset it can be disgusting at times.

Gasol can easily be Option 1B to Kobe's 1A because of his similar offensive skillset and efficiency, but Kobe just refuse to let Gasol get the shine. At least Shaq allowed Kobe to get his points during their time together.

I can't believe im defending Shaq but Kobe is really ticking me off sometimes.

mjt20mik
12-13-2009, 12:50 PM
And then they started to call phantom calls on Utah to even out the number of fouls!

NBA IS RIGGED!

When things are not going the Lakers way then the NBA is rigged. Otherwise all the calls are perfectly fine. Kobe should learn that he has 3 All-Star like players on his team, and should learn he doesn't need to be the hero all the time.

kevy1451
12-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Kobe needa get his dam surgeries and sit out for 5-6 weeks so he can be healthy for the playoff! we'll win 50+ games either with or with him.

Basel
12-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Gasols numbers in the last 3 games

19 points 12 rebounds(4 offensive 8 defensive) 4 assists
17 points 20 rebounds(8 offensive 12 defensive) 7 assists
16 points 20 rebounds(9 offensive 11 defensive) 5 assists

Dude is a monster, and most of his shots are coming from offensive rebounds(putbacks)

Kobe was just trying to be a hero, but he was so ill and the broken finger didn't help to do it!

Im glad Im not the only Laker fan who sees it that way. Gasol has been a warrior out there helping LA for its 11th straight win. I think in times like that Kobe should acknowledge Gasol's strength and let him take over while he's not feeling well.

Utah was freaking undermanned down low. Gasol and Bynum would easily crush Boozer, Millsap and Okur. I dont know why this was never taken into consideration because the Lakers (not just Kobe) took a LOT of shots beyond the arc.

domz248
12-13-2009, 12:56 PM
who gives a **** ... he's are our best player he has helped us win 4 rings... i don't see any one crying when we he wins us another ring ?? but you want to talk about his shooting the night he does bad yea he does shoot a lot but who gives a fu$$ he's kobe ... it seems like anytime we lose a game or kobe shoots a lot people wanna cry ... were tied for the best record overall and coming off a championship what more can you want ???

Lakerfan8032
12-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I couldn't agree more. He needs to set up his teammates more since he clearly has very good ones to play with. Gasol is an extremely gifted player and the only thing I don't like about the story is his grumbling to the media. The media will turn almost any story into something much more then it was originally meant to be. Keep the grumblings in house and I would hope that Phil Jackson would inform Kobe of his selfish ways.

Basel
12-13-2009, 01:04 PM
who gives a **** ... he's are our best player he has helped us win 4 rings... i don't see any one crying when we he wins us another ring ?? but you want to talk about his shooting the night he does bad yea he does shoot a lot but who gives a fu$$ he's kobe ... it seems like anytime we lose a game or kobe shoots a lot people wanna cry ... were tied for the best record overall and coming off a championship what more can you want ???

Laker fans cares. Kobe fans obviously does'nt...

Lakerfan8032
12-13-2009, 01:06 PM

For you to pull your head out of Kobe's *** and learn something about basketball and how much easier everything could be if Kobe didn't have games and moments like this.

Basel
12-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I couldn't agree more. He needs to set up his teammates more since he clearly has very good ones to play with. Gasol is an extremely gifted player and the only thing I don't like about the story is his grumbling to the media. The media will turn almost any story into something much more then it was originally meant to be. Keep the grumblings in house and I would hope that Phil Jackson would inform Kobe of his selfish ways.

Thank you and I agree with your post very much about airing frustrations out there, I think this is the 3rd or 2nd time Gasol came out with this, I dont blame him. If I was playing on a team where I know we can win the game as a whole, I would be upset too if our best player is disregarding us.

Might I emphasize that althought its only "1 loss" it means a whole lot if the Lakers are going to fight for that HCA. Boston and Orlando are nec in neck with the Lakers fighting for that #1 overall record, so, as a Laker fan I want to win every winnable game possible.

The game last night against Utah was winnable. They were within 6 points at halftime. So yeah it bothered me.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Im glad Im not the only Laker fan who sees it that way. Gasol has been a warrior out there helping LA for its 11th straight win. I think in times like that Kobe should acknowledge Gasol's strength and let him take over while he's not feeling well.

Utah was freaking undermanned down low. Gasol and Bynum would easily crush Boozer, Millsap and Okur. I dont know why this was never taken into consideration because the Lakers (not just Kobe) took a LOT of shots beyond the arc.

Bynum was spectator in this game!I don't know what the **** is wrong with him!Looks like he doesn't want to play the game of basketball anymore.

Kobe needa get his dam surgeries and sit out for 5-6 weeks so he can be healthy for the playoff! we'll win 50+ games either with or with him.

NO, didn't you look yesterdays game, when kobe was out the players on the court were like headless chickens.
Only one who was trying to do something were Ron and Pau.
Lamar was Houdini 2.0 again

When things are not going the Lakers way then the NBA is rigged. Otherwise all the calls are perfectly fine. Kobe should learn that he has 3 All-Star like players on his team, and should learn he doesn't need to be the hero all the time.

It's phil's fault, he just stares and looks kobe brick shot after shot.I remember one possession where kobe doesn't even got back to defense, and then i tought this is it, phil takes him out, but what the hell he just stares on his high *** chair.
Phil has a man-crush on kobe like d'antoni has on duhon.

Iodine
12-13-2009, 01:11 PM
Im sorry even I wont make a smart comment because of how ****** this thread is.

PSD finally won

mjt20mik
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
It's phil's fault, he just stares and looks kobe brick shot after shot.I remember one possession where kobe doesn't even got back to defense, and then i tought this is it, phil takes him out, but what the hell he just stares on his high *** chair.
Phil has a man-crush on kobe like d'antoni has on duhon.

That made me smile a bit on the inside. :)

TheWatcher34
12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
in LA, Gasol will never be get the respect he desires....Kobe's team, Kobe's decisions, Kobe's will, Kobe's shots.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM

Fouls at the half

lakers 15
jazz 6

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 01:25 PM
yes they looked by headless chicken but thats what happens when for seasons and seasons the orders are, look for kobe.

no kobe and they say, wtf what do we do know.

kobe could have rested the game team lookf for pau first and artest second and they wodl win the game.

and as for the if kobe takes surgery we dont get 50 wins

well

i think gasol can get 50 wins with this team with kobe the whole year out i mean.

if he could take jason williams, mike miller, battier and stromilw swift to 50 wins...

i guess he can do so with artest, odom and bynum????

mzgrizz
12-13-2009, 01:34 PM
..... five minutes till you get bashed like hell.

Good to see im not the only one with eyes on his face.

IT must be a family curse too Little brother is getting like 14 points a game with 5 or 6 shots and still mayo , gay and randolph wont pass him the ball and shoot brick after brick to overscore him and be " the hero"

I'm telling you Marc is getting the touches, he just passes the ball out too much instead of taking the shot. Yes, maybe they should pass it back more than they do, but I SEE the game because I am there! He needs to be more assertive on offense IMO.

domz248
12-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Laker fans cares. Kobe fans obviously does'nt...

yea to bad if you read all my posts you can see i am a die hard laker fan ... i was just saying why all the crying when we just won a ring ?

domz248
12-13-2009, 01:57 PM
For you to pull your head out of Kobe's *** and learn something about basketball and how much easier everything could be if Kobe didn't have games and moments like this.

your the type of laker fan that cry's when we lose one game ... i didn't see you talking ish about kobe when he hit that game winner against the heat ... but we lose to utah after a 11 game win streak so now it's kobe's fault for not shooting good but when he takes over in the 4th you don't complain... it's just sad that people want to complain after one loss

domz248
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM

you are one of those laker fans that wanted shaq over kobe

Shady66
12-13-2009, 02:10 PM

He said he cant beleive he was defending shaq in an earlier post, so obviously he not.

You are one of those laker fans whos not actualy a laker fan.

And I agree with the Thread creator, if your shots off, yoour sick, and hurt, and you decide to play, atleest set up your team mates, and dont try to be a hero, It will not end well as we saw last night. I expect Kobe to comeback strong in the next game, and not force too many shots though.

HoopsDrive
12-13-2009, 02:13 PM

Oh yeah

:clap:

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 02:16 PM
if you are hurt you should rest in home and not try to be like mike.

who yes had fever but it was the friggin finals not some random reg season game.

and by the way kobe trying to be the hero is waht costed us the 04 and 08 finals.

we were very lucky that orlando didnt have a **** to throw at him in d in the finals or it would have happen all over again, he tryes to be the hero they lock him down he keeps on shooting and we lose.

jimbobjarree
12-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Fouls at the half

lakers 15
jazz 6

yet at the half you had more free throws than us

in the end LA had 24 fouls to Utah's 23, and LA shot 24 free throws to Utah's 18 despite shooting a hell of a lot of threes.

whereas in LA you shot 31 free throws to our 19...getting 13 more than us in the 4th quarter (15-2).

it wasnt rigged against the lakers, it was just less rigged for the lakers. You guys are used to such bent officiating that when its about fair its obviously rigged against you :pity:

Lakerfan8032
12-13-2009, 02:29 PM
your the type of laker fan that cry's when we lose one game ... i didn't see you talking ish about kobe when he hit that game winner against the heat ... but we lose to utah after a 11 game win streak so now it's kobe's fault for not shooting good but when he takes over in the 4th you don't complain... it's just sad that people want to complain after one loss

I didn't start this thread and wasn't going to comment until I read your stupid post gushing about Kobe. Why do I need to comment on Kobe's game winning shot, everything was already said and for me to add "Wow. What an amazing shot. Kobe's the best." would have been very redundent. Teams lose games, I totally understand that and accept that. When one man who just broke his finger and was sick tries to dominate a game and it's not working, then I have a problem. He has very capable teammates that can ease his workload and he should have been a facilitator. Kobe needs to do a better job of picking his spots and he should know better. Now go ahead and put your head back in Kobe's ***.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2009, 02:34 PM

in the end LA had 24 fouls to Utah's 23, and LA shot 24 free throws to Utah's 18 despite shooting a hell of a lot of threes.

whereas in LA you shot 31 free throws to our 19...getting 13 more than us in the 4th quarter (15-2).

it wasnt rigged against the lakers, it was just less rigged for the lakers. You guys are used to such bent officiating that when its about fair its obviously rigged against you :pity:

i'm not gonna argue about the amount of the calls, but the inconsistency of the foul calls!

first half the refs favoured the jazz and in the second they favoured the lakers!

that's why NBA is rigged!

Lakerfan8032
12-13-2009, 02:34 PM

I was? I didn't know that. I can't stand fans like you who care more about a player then the team. Go jump on LeBron's wagon and troll your ******** in the Cavs forum. Real Laker fans don't need to ever read your excrement.

mjt20mik
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Fouls at the half

lakers 15
jazz 6

Toronto 13
Houston 6

At the half. Welcome to the rest of the NBA.

+1

madiaz3
12-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Read like two posts into that thread.

"Pau is reffering to the double-teams that teams are sending to Drew and himself. Teams aren't letting Drew or Pau score and forcing our perimeter guys to shoot. Pau knows that if he's going to score, the offensive boards are where he needs to go."

Seriously all about context, it's about double teams not his touches. And do you really think Gasol would make a comment to the media first with a shot at Kobe before talking about it with the team?

JordansBulls
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Gasol is very productive as a star. Kobe is the best on the team, but doesn't need to be the best all the time on the team when he has someone that is as productive as Gasol that can score down low and get other teams big men in foul trouble.

Honestly for the Lakers to beat teams like Boston, Orlando, etc, Gasol and Bynum should get the ball a lot to get guys like KG and Dwight in foul trouble.

nipo10847
12-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Laker's forum please. This doesn't belong here.

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
everything belongs everywhere in cosmos we are one, like galactic milkshake

mrmike101
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM
everything belongs everywhere in cosmos we are one, like galactic milkshake

LOL I see you :clap:

Raph12
12-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Well playing on a team with Kobe, Artest, Odom and Bynum, obviously he won't be getting 15-20 shots per game.

On a team like this, people should overlook the individual stats, the only stat that should be important is in the W/L column.

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
^that should be applied to kobe too.

Raph12
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
^that should be applied to kobe too.

That's different, this is Kobe's team, he has the freedom to do what he wants.

He wasn't traded to Memphis, Gasol was traded to LA.

GspLAL
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM
It's a hit and miss. When he tries to take over and it works you guys suck his dick but when it doesn't work, you guys bash the **** out of him.

The_Ocho_24
12-13-2009, 04:27 PM

good man... i totally agree with u.... i was at the game... the bigs didnt look all that good... ya pau had tons of rebounds and shot well from the field... they looked waaaaaay worse with kobe out of the game... bynum odom and pau struggled without 24 on the floor... people gotta chill...

tr4shb0t
12-13-2009, 04:31 PM
Some time in the 3rd it was clear the Lakers weren't gonna win. You could tell by the body language. At this point Kobe tried to take over. I think it's because he's the only one that didn't give up and he wanted to win that bad. It was a bad night, but I am satisfied with how the Lakers played. The nba where jazz home games happen. Move on.

domz248
12-13-2009, 04:33 PM
I didn't start this thread and wasn't going to comment until I read your stupid post gushing about Kobe. Why do I need to comment on Kobe's game winning shot, everything was already said and for me to add "Wow. What an amazing shot. Kobe's the best." would have been very redundent. Teams lose games, I totally understand that and accept that. When one man who just broke his finger and was sick tries to dominate a game and it's not working, then I have a problem. He has very capable teammates that can ease his workload and he should have been a facilitator. Kobe needs to do a better job of picking his spots and he should know better. Now go ahead and put your head back in Kobe's ***.

I am a laker fan not a kobe fan ... i wasn't gushing about him everything i said is true people want to question kobe for one bad game when he has given us 4 rings .... kobe does know how to pick his spots he managed to pick 4 championships... when did you become a laker fan last year or what ?

domz248
12-13-2009, 04:35 PM
I was? I didn't know that. I can't stand fans like you who care more about a player then the team. Go jump on LeBron's wagon and troll your ******** in the Cavs forum. Real Laker fans don't need to ever read your excrement.

read all my post and see what type of laker fan i am ...real laker fans don't cry when we lose 1 game coming off a 11 game win streak ... when it's all said and done we will have the number 1 seed and that will be because of who ???

heathonater
12-13-2009, 04:44 PM
i think kobe deserves the benefit of the doubt here for one bad game. He did help gasol become recognized as an nba star, so i wouldn't gasol should be complaining too much considering kobe has made him a much better player.

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
gasol is the SAME player he was

the fact that some egocentric moron that do not care to look further than the big market teams does not mean he was no one before.

GOON MUSIC
12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Thats Real Talk Playboy

ko8e24
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Kobe made stupid boneheaded decisions, was a glory-hound, and screwed up the lakers offensive flow last night. Maybe they could've made it a more competitive game. So this was Kobe's BAD game.

Now this guy Pau Gasol.............I am very very happy to have this guy on this ball club because he catapulted us into elitism.

HOWEVER, Pau has had his shares of really really bad games ( some in the regular seaosn where he'll go like 4/12 FG 11 points and 6 rebounds and let point guards get to the cup without contest a single shot a whole game) where he's looked and has been labeled as "soft and a P-U-S-S-Y"

If we really wanna go back in time, Pau played like a P-U-S-S-Y in the 2008 finals against the Celtics. Kobe may have f'ed up a regular season game, and so has Pau. And just like how Kobe f'ed up the 04 finals against Detroit....Pau f'ed up the 08 finals against Boston.

A tit-for-tat...everyone messes up...even pau gasol....and that too, in the biggest moments (NBA FINALS)

It's just one loss, we're gonna repeat, calm down lakers fans

ko8e24
12-13-2009, 04:51 PM
read all my post and see what type of laker fan i am ...real laker fans don't cry when we lose 1 game coming off a 11 game win streak ... when it's all said and done we will have the number 1 seed and that will be because of who ???

:nod:

Hellcrooner
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Kobe made stupid boneheaded decisions, was a glory-hound, and screwed up the lakers offensive flow last night. Maybe they could've made it a more competitive game. So this was Kobe's BAD game.

Now this guy Pau Gasol.............I am very very happy to have this guy on this ball club because he catapulted us into elitism.

HOWEVER, Pau has had his shares of really really bad games ( some in the regular seaosn where he'll go like 4/12 FG 11 points and 6 rebounds and let point guards get to the cup without contest a single shot a whole game) where he's looked and has been labeled as "soft and a P-U-S-S-Y"

If we really wanna go back in time, Pau played like a P-U-S-S-Y in the 2008 finals against the Celtics. Kobe may have f'ed up a regular season game, and so has Pau. And just like how Kobe f'ed up the 04 finals against Detroit....Pau f'ed up the 08 finals against Boston.

A tit-for-tat...everyone messes up...even pau gasol....and that too, in the biggest moments (NBA FINALS)

It's just one loss, we're gonna repeat, calm down lakers fans pau messed it up on 08 but it was not only him kobe did not play a lick of defnse against rayray and wheelchair kid and did take shot after shot even if they were not falling down and even wheelchier wimpy and rposey whad him doubled .