PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland’s salary cap situation?

Ty Fast
12-12-2009, 09:29 PM
I am not sure, that is why I am asking this, but at the end of the year Cleveland will have Shaq’s 20 million coming off the books, so would they be in position to sign somebody? They probably wouldn’t have enough for a Bosh or Wade, but maybe a Joe Johnson or Carlos Boozer (yes I know the history). This is obviously depending on Lebron signing and extension, but does anyone know?

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 09:49 PM
We're already over the cap by a large amount so Shaq (and Big Z's) expiring doesn't give us much roster flexibility. If LeBron didn't re-sign then we'd have about $20 million to use on free agents. Until he re-signs (or signs with another team) his player option still counts towards our cap room which would leave the Cavs at $50.3 million, about $2 million under the expected cap for 2010.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah they won't have alot of flexibility assuming they resign Lebron. Thats why the Varejao contract was totally ******** to me. Nobody was knocking down the door for him and they gave him a ridiculous and lengthy contract to basically be a hustle player. Also I would've probably signed either Moon or Parker, not both. But then again they had to show that they're doing all they can to win so hey......

Ty Fast
12-12-2009, 10:04 PM
thanks for letting me know

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah they won't have alot of flexibility assuming they resign Lebron. Thats why the Varejao contract was totally ******** to me. Nobody was knocking down the door for him and they gave him a ridiculous and lengthy contract to basically be a hustle player. Also I would've probably signed either Moon or Parker, not both. But then again they had to show that they're doing all they can to win so hey......

Yeah, i'm still scratching my head about the size and length of Andy's contract, but he is an integral part in keeping LeBron in Cleveland. They are real close and he is an underrated player because of his hustle style of play... Just overrated by the Cavs front office. Mid level exception guy at best.