PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of New York getting nobody?

Ty Fast
12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I see Lebron staying in Cleveland, and Wade will stay in Miami. Kobe will most likely stay in L.A. Bosh will most likely leave Toronto, and either go to Miami or Chicago. Amare will probably resign with the Suns, but if he does leave I think it will be to either Miami or Chicago, depending on what Bosh does. Now this is just my personal opinion and I have been wrong before. What do you think?

Flamarlins21
12-12-2009, 05:32 PM
lol, I've thought about that too. That would suck for the Knicks and their fans would probably go crazy.

mudvayne387
12-12-2009, 05:48 PM
You only name a handful of players , there are still other impact FA's that could land in NY. Besides, what makes you so sure he will stay in Cleveland ? He doesn't exactly have a loyal history.

abe_froman
12-12-2009, 05:52 PM
good enough were it has to be contemplated as a realistic possibility.but i dont think they will go away completely empty handed(just maybe not with the guy they want)

Toenail Clipper
12-12-2009, 05:53 PM
You only name a handful of players , there are still other impact FA's that could land in NY. Besides, what makes you so sure he will stay in Cleveland ? He doesn't exactly have a loyal history.

Because it's not a contender team.

nihon10s
12-12-2009, 05:54 PM
They will throw money at JoeJohnson if they miss everyone else.

29$JerZ
12-12-2009, 06:01 PM
LeBron coming to New York is 1/3 imo
If he sees a future in us and wants to take the NY challenge then cool. But he has to want to come here.

Wade is staying in Miami. The only other team I see him going too is Chicago but I think he would rather stay in Miami as the man and try to lure someone instead of making the transition to another team.

Chris Bosh is going to leave Toronto only if he doesn't get a Max contract from Miami(Wade) or NY. I don't see the Nets giving Bosh an offer for some reason, I think he'd like to go to Houston or maybe even Dallas in a S/T/

Joe Johnson has it good in Atlanta but NY could pretty much give him everything else he wants. 50/50, no chance he comes if Atlanta goes far in the playoffs though.

Ton of FA's but those are the big 4.
Others I would like are Amar'e and Dirk but their future looks like they are staying in Phoenix/Dallas.

Going to be an interesting 2010 FA

Iodine
12-12-2009, 06:21 PM
They will only get Rudy gay and I will laugh my *** off

Hawkeye15
12-12-2009, 06:21 PM
slim to none. If and when NY misses out on LeBron (I am guessing they will, so don't jump me), they will panic and throw a ton of money at Bosh.

Hustla23
12-12-2009, 06:25 PM
What the **** is wrong with you bastards.

Iodine
12-12-2009, 06:27 PM
slim to none. If and when NY misses out on LeBron (I am guessing they will, so don't jump me), they will panic and throw a ton of money at Bosh.

Why waste money on bosh when popeye jones will be out of jail?

shep33
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
They'll get someone, and honestly if they don't its win-win for the Knicks. Donnie Walsh has actually made it so that the knicks have money to spend in the future. If Cleveland doesn't make the finals this year, I see Lebron bolting, 65% chance he goes to the Knicks. Wade will likely stay, slim chance he goes to the Bulls. But I think the Wild Card is Bosh or Amare. I think New York will try and sign Bron and one of those two, to solidfy their franchise for the next decade. Plus cause my beloved knicks suck, they'll probably get a good player in the draft too. Either way, even if they don't get Bron, the Knicks actually have money to spend in the future for the first time in a decade. Could you imagine if this team somehow won the lottery and got John Wall too...

Wall
Chandler
Bron
Bosh
Me... who cares

that team would be a dynasty.

abe_froman
12-12-2009, 06:32 PM
They'll get someone, and honestly if they don't its win-win for the Knicks. Donnie Walsh has actually made it so that the knicks have money to spend in the future. If Cleveland doesn't make the finals this year, I see Lebron bolting, 65% chance he goes to the Knicks. Wade will likely stay, slim chance he goes to the Bulls. But I think the Wild Card is Bosh or Amare. I think New York will try and sign Bron and one of those two, to solidfy their franchise for the next decade. Plus cause my beloved knicks suck, they'll probably get a good player in the draft too. Either way, even if they don't get Bron, the Knicks actually have money to spend in the future for the first time in a decade. Could you imagine if this team somehow won the lottery and got John Wall too...

Wall
Chandler
Bron
Bosh
Me... who cares

jazz have their draft pick,not you.thought all nyers knew this...

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Wall
Chandler
Bron
Bosh
Me... who cares

When will Knicks fans get it into their heads they don't have enough money for two max contracts... If a miracle happens and they somehow manage to get rid of Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries for expirings (something tells me this won't happen...) then yes, but for otherwise NO.

As the OP said and i've said before I can see LeBron and Wade staying put and Bosh going to Miami or Chicago. Amar'e is the most likely out of the top free agents to go to New York because of the system and D'Antoni, but even that looks unlikely.

In all honesty I can see them settling on maybe Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay. Sorry Knicks fans.

Young and Stupid
12-12-2009, 06:53 PM

Wall
Chandler
Bron
Bosh
Me... who cares

:clap: An educated Knick fan.

shep33
12-12-2009, 07:14 PM

Ahhh shoot, I totally forgot about that. My bad everyone i screwed up! Okay so scratch the Wall idea... but i still think the Knicks goal is to get LBJ and Bosh/Amare. Don't know if Lee or Robinson will be back though.

shep33
12-12-2009, 07:20 PM
When will Knicks fans get it into their heads they don't have enough money for two max contracts... If a miracle happens and they somehow manage to get rid of Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries for expirings (something tells me this won't happen...) then yes, but for otherwise NO.

As the OP said and i've said before I can see LeBron and Wade staying put and Bosh going to Miami or Chicago. Amar'e is the most likely out of the top free agents to go to New York because of the system and D'Antoni, but even that looks unlikely.

In all honesty I can see them settling on maybe Carlos Boozer, Joe Johnson or Rudy Gay. Sorry Knicks fans.

Well considering that they're trying desperately to get rid of Curry, it might just happen, and Walsh knows that he has to get rid of Curry, likely Lee and Robinson too. It could happen, and its obvious that Walsh is trying to pull the strings so he can attempt to get 2 stars. And when it comes to trades in the NBA, i think anything is possible... just ask the Grizzlies

IRUAM #21
12-12-2009, 07:23 PM

:laugh:

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Well considering that they're trying desperately to get rid of Curry, it might just happen, and Walsh knows that he has to get rid of Curry, likely Lee and Robinson too. It could happen, and its obvious that Walsh is trying to pull the strings so he can attempt to get 2 stars. And when it comes to trades in the NBA, i think anything is possible... just ask the Grizzlies

Seriously though... Who the hell is going to give up an expiring contract for Eddy Curry's fat ***?? Especially in this economic climate...

blackjack_119
12-12-2009, 07:28 PM

Wall
Chandler
Bron
Bosh
Me... who cares

PG: No One
SG: Chandler
SF: No One
PF: No One
C: No One

That team won't.

static_inferno
12-12-2009, 07:34 PM
i think the chances are pretty high. the free agents NY wants (LeBron, Bosh, Wade, Amare, etc.) are looking to be part of title contenders and IMO that's impossible to happen in NY. for one there's no talent to surround these players with. if they do find talent it'll take time for the team to mesh. D'Antoni's system is not meant for a championship run. yeah it's fun getting fastbreak points and shooting without any regard, but he puts no emphasis on defense, something you need to win a championship.

shep33
12-12-2009, 07:44 PM
People forget that just by playing in New York, great players are gonna a ridiculous amount of money off court. Look how big LBJ is now, if he goes to New York his image will be unprecedented. Same goes for Bosh or Amare if they wanna come ot NYC, the money is gonna pile up in endorsements in comparison to playing in Phoenix or Cleveland. New York has really only had one superstar in the past 20 years. Pat Ewing, imagine how hyped that city would be if LBJ went there. I bet he'd make an extra 20 mill just off sponsorships pertaining to New York city.

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2009, 07:48 PM
The Knicks will pick up somebody. I think it is a strong possibility that Wade, Johnson, LBJ and several other players will stay with their respective teams, but New York will be throwing money around and will be able to draw somebody over. Bosh and Amare are most likely to change teams, and Boozer may very likely jump teams as well.

Will New York end up with nobdoy? No. They will sign at least two major free agents, for sure. There are enough free agents out there who are young and are looking to be franchise players and make a big pay-check. Winning a ring may be a top priority for LBJ and will likely play a big role in his choice, but Wade already has one and may want to go home to Chi-town, and LBJ may want to play where his hero played, so Chi-town may be home to LBJ as well (I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more talk about that possibility).

Lots of guys are going to to be looking for big contracts, so New York will be home to soem new faces next season for sure!

daleja424
12-12-2009, 07:52 PM
I think they will def get someone....it just will likely be one of the second tier guys like a boozer or a rudy gay...probably not one of the top 5-6 guys...

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Well there's no way in hell any of the top tier guys come but they will get a couple of solid 2nd tier guys. Such as the Rudy Gays of the world, and the like. So they will get a couple of solid players but no superstar.

It's kinda poetic justice since they've basically tanked two seasons just for a (long) shot at Lebron.

Boozerguy47
12-12-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm pretty sure between Wade, Amare and LeBron that at least two of the three will be on new teams come the start of 2010's season. Knicks will get at least one big name in the FA class. I wouldn't be surprised if it's LeBron. That guy is all about himself and probably would rather get paid than go to a winning team.

commonsense12
12-12-2009, 07:57 PM
None. They are getting someone and i wouldnt be surprised if it is Lebron.

BTW i think Jeffries will be traded this year and depending on what the salary cap goes to, it could open up enough room for 2 max contracts.

bigsams50
12-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Joe Johnson and Boozer

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 08:06 PM
None. They are getting someone and i wouldnt be surprised if it is Lebron.

BTW i think Jeffries will be traded this year and depending on what the salary cap goes to, it could open up enough room for 2 max contracts.

That would be very shocking if nothing else for the fact he has a horrible contract and even worse next year is HIS option so you'd be stuck with him. Too high a price tag for a offensively limited role player IMO.

Evolution23
12-12-2009, 08:17 PM
From a guy that watches every single Knicks game, I can tell you Jared jeffries is playing really good. Hes pretty much playing all-star level def.. He can guard players from 1-4 and even some smaller centers. He is also taking charges better than most players in the league. Another player that could be traded is Eddy Curry, the guy just lost 60 pounds and looks like a beast. He just came back from an injury and could help a lot of teams that are lacking a post presence. Lets not forget 2 years ago he was averging 20 ppg and 6 rebounds. A team like the Rockets could use him so saying that Knicks can't get 1 superstar is not smart because more than likely the Knicks will get atleast 1 superstar and 1 allstar...

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 08:18 PM
People forget that just by playing in New York, great players are gonna a ridiculous amount of money off court. Look how big LBJ is now, if he goes to New York his image will be unprecedented. Same goes for Bosh or Amare if they wanna come ot NYC, the money is gonna pile up in endorsements in comparison to playing in Phoenix or Cleveland. New York has really only had one superstar in the past 20 years. Pat Ewing, imagine how hyped that city would be if LBJ went there. I bet he'd make an extra 20 mill just off sponsorships pertaining to New York city.

You hit the nail on the head... "Look how big he is now". He doesn't need a big market to get his million dollar endorsement deals. After the whole Tiger Woods fiasco, he's Nike's biggest star and will get the same ridiculous amounts of money wherever he goes.

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm pretty sure between Wade, Amare and LeBron that at least two of the three will be on new teams come the start of 2010's season. Knicks will get at least one big name in the FA class. I wouldn't be surprised if it's LeBron. That guy is all about himself and probably would rather get paid than go to a winning team.

Well if he stays in Cleveland, he gets paid and gets to play on a 60 win team. They can offer him the biggest contract and by quite a distance.

Boozerguy47
12-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Well if he stays in Cleveland, he gets paid and gets to play on a 60 win team. They can offer him the biggest contract and by quite a distance.

Ah, well I still see him wanting a change of scenery. I was unaware of the fact Cleveland has the ability to offer him the largest contract, you can blame Clay Bennett for taking my Sonics away from me.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I wonder if people are aware the Knicks will lose half their team next year? Being positive lets say they sign a Chris Bosh for example. Do you seriously think Lebron or D Wade would come their to play with Bosh, Gallo, Jeffries and Tony Douglas? I mean foreal lets at least be realistic.

King Koopa
12-12-2009, 09:15 PM
The Knicks can't even afford two star players next year, so they'll have to settle for one and then use the rest for other role players.

Lebron is going to Miami.

Bosh is going to the Knicks.

Amare is staying.

Wade is staying.

Boozer is going to Chicago.

The1ronHorse
12-12-2009, 09:23 PM
U bet ur *** kobe ain't goin newhere.

calibird707
12-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry knick haters and my apologies to the whole Cleveland-akron area but the writing is on the wall.bron will b lighting up the garden 41 times a year or more....

Ty Fast
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
how big of an effect will c.c sabathia play in lebrons decision?

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry knick haters and my apologies to the whole Cleveland-akron area but the writing is on the wall.bron will b lighting up the garden 41 times a year or more....

You signed up to give us that pearl of wisdom... :clap:

bkmikeyy
12-12-2009, 09:46 PM
LOVE all the knicks hate... a lot of posters are going to be very upset when they get nice

madiaz3
12-12-2009, 09:50 PM
psd still thinks the nets are better than the knicks, eddy curry is still 350 lbs, and isiah is coaching

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
psd still thinks the nets are better than the knicks, eddy curry is still 350 lbs, and isiah is coaching

Hey thats not fair! We know Curry is down to a slim and trim 300lbs!

coolmo
12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
From a guy that watches every single Knicks game, I can tell you Jared jeffries is playing really good. Hes pretty much playing all-star level def.. He can guard players from 1-4 and even some smaller centers. He is also taking charges better than most players in the league. Another player that could be traded is Eddy Curry, the guy just lost 60 pounds and looks like a beast. He just came back from an injury and could help a lot of teams that are lacking a post presence. Lets not forget 2 years ago he was averging 20 ppg and 6 rebounds. A team like the Rockets could use him so saying that Knicks can't get 1 superstar is not smart because more than likely the Knicks will get atleast 1 superstar and 1 allstar...

then keep your all star level jared jeffrie and beast eddy curry if you are so proud of those two players

Iodine
12-12-2009, 10:10 PM
The Knicks can't even afford two star players next year, so they'll have to settle for one and then use the rest for other role players.

Lebron is going to Miami.

Bosh is going to the Knicks.

Amare is staying.

Wade is staying.

Boozer is going to Chicago.

I havnt been calling you ****ing ******** enough recently and no one else has apparently

Hawkeye15
12-12-2009, 10:42 PM

The Nets, as currently constructed, have a brighter future, yes. They have more talent and youth, regardless of their record.

commonsense12
12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
That would be very shocking if nothing else for the fact he has a horrible contract and even worse next year is HIS option so you'd be stuck with him. Too high a price tag for a offensively limited role player IMO.

He is playing much better recently and the Knicks have too many expirings that are going to draw interest. He is going to be included in one of the deals. Maybe nate and JJ for someone or Dlee and JJ for someone.

Hellcrooner
12-12-2009, 11:14 PM
well if they are nto stupid they will keep the money for the CPAUL, ANTHONY, HOWARD ,GASOL, DIRK, KOBE free agency?

Iodine
12-12-2009, 11:16 PM
All I got from that is CAPS LOCK RULEZ

MSG34
12-12-2009, 11:16 PM
The knicks will sign someone. Although it may not be a marquee FA. People also seem to forget that 2011 has plenty of options as well with Carmelo. Curry and Jeffries will expire and the knicks will have even more money to throw at FAs. There young core will also have more time to develop and they will only need to make a small aquisition in 2010.

Yes, 2010 has a backup plan. It's not all in for the knicks.

toppdawg2009
12-12-2009, 11:17 PM
I think lebron is as go as gone in cle,dwade is still up in the air but hope he stays c.bosh is going to join one of two where ever they land

toppdawg2009
12-12-2009, 11:18 PM
the knicks will sign someone. Although it may not be a marquee fa. People also seem to forget that 2011 has plenty of options as well with carmelo. Curry and jeffries will expire and the knicks will have even more money to throw at fas. There young core will also have more time to develop and they will only need to make a small aquisition in 2010.

Yes, 2010 has a backup plan. It's not all in for the knicks.

carmelo is not a free agent till 2012

IBleedPurple
12-12-2009, 11:59 PM
It'd be kinda funny if they didn't get anyone considering they've been deconstructing their team the last 2 1/2 years planning for this free agency.

bkmikeyy
12-13-2009, 12:27 AM
It'd be kinda funny if they didn't get anyone considering they've been deconstructing their team the last 2 1/2 years planning for this free agency.

a year buddy. people are so ignorant and dumb its absurd. the whole point was to get under the cap in general, not for lebron. the media and lebron himself makes knicks and knick fans look like retards throwing everything at one person. Someone will come...

and guess what noone blew anything up, because the year before the trade the knicks had 23 wins. give the management a break they are doing a good job cleaning up what a few *******s did to the franchise. but i cant wait till the knicks get nice again and the whole nba is going to be on their nuts even though they have an unbelievable amount of haters. theres dozens of teams trying to get someone this free agency but only the knicks get a thread, i think its fear because people know they wont be able to make fun of the knicks soon.

calibird707
12-13-2009, 12:35 AM
All the knick haters make me laugh...the nets r like the knicks little brothers....and as far as the cavs go...take bron off that team and they r a bunch of stiffs..despite our horrible record we have been very competitive.add lebron to the mix and a capable point guard we might b able to get to a 7 or 8 seed.then the next year add another star which we can afford and be in the mix for the conference title.bron is still a youngster we got time to build around him.I def think he's comin and I don't care who I piss off.

albertc86
12-13-2009, 12:40 AM
I seriously doubt that New York will land any of the elites. I think the elites rather go into New York and put on a legendary performance than actually play for the team.

nipo10847
12-13-2009, 12:44 AM
The Knicks will pick up somebody. I think it is a strong possibility that Wade, Johnson, LBJ and several other players will stay with their respective teams, but New York will be throwing money around and will be able to draw somebody over. Bosh and Amare are most likely to change teams, and Boozer may very likely jump teams as well.

Will New York end up with nobdoy? No. They will sign at least two major free agents, for sure. There are enough free agents out there who are young and are looking to be franchise players and make a big pay-check. Winning a ring may be a top priority for LBJ and will likely play a big role in his choice, but Wade already has one and may want to go home to Chi-town, and LBJ may want to play where his hero played, so Chi-town may be home to LBJ as well (I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more talk about that possibility).

Lots of guys are going to to be looking for big contracts, so New York will be home to soem new faces next season for sure!

To play with who???? Derrick Rose?????...lmfao!!! Yeah, superstar derrick rose is taking the bulls to a championship...King James and Wade gooo to Chi-town.
On a serious note: Chicago haven't had an allstar after MJ and they won't have one in next couple of years. Pretty simple.

JnasD
12-13-2009, 12:56 AM
As a Knicks Fan im enjoying all the haters here who want the knicks to fail. Hopefully 2010 is our year to shine.

albertc86
12-13-2009, 12:58 AM
As a Knicks Fan im enjoying all the haters here who want the knicks to fail. Hopefully 2010 is our year to shine.

Dude, New York isn't going to acquire the elite players. New York is a magical place but players (specifically the elites) love putting on legendary performances there. I don't think they actually want to play for the Knicks.

Giaps
12-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Knicks threads in the NBA forum are always a mess. It honestly seems like they're the most disliked team in the NBA for whatever reason

calibird707
12-13-2009, 01:41 AM
I can't wait for the hate when we actually do sign lebron.

knicks09
12-13-2009, 01:52 AM
I <333333 Knick haters ! U guys can talk all the $h!t u wanna RIGHT NOW, but in 2010 well see who gets the last laugh. Plus u guys saying the knicks are a pathetic team have obviously not seen how we've played latley

JayAllDay
12-13-2009, 01:54 AM
It will be funny to some people with a juvenile sense of humor, but you have a better chance of dodging rain than a NY team not signing anybody.

oak2455
12-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Its funny these thread are too funny and painful... lets see in the summer of 2010...... thats a while a ways, enjoy the holidays:confused:

Giaps
12-13-2009, 02:23 AM
I rather all NYK threads get locked to be honest.

NYKnicks4511
12-13-2009, 02:30 AM
Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anthony Parker, JJ Hickson, Shaq
vs.
Chris Duhon, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Al Harrington, David Lee

LeBron can take his pick, but New York has more promising young players.

The Cavs team is absolute SCRUB NATION without LBJ. The Knicks have been playing VERY well despite their record because Mike D'Antoni has shortened his rotation and given the players a general idea of what their role is.

Add LeBron to the Knicks with their promising youth (Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Jordan Hill) and you've got an instant contender, I'll say a 3 seed in the East.

If LeBron can carry that group of scrubs to the Finals, I'm sure with a little help he can grab a 'Ship in New York.

Iodine
12-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I rather all NYK threads get locked to be honest.

Then how would this forum be active?

29$JerZ
12-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Then how would this forum be active?

Everyone should just be Knick fans

Iodine
12-13-2009, 03:38 AM
Everyone should just be Knick fans
Most people dont have a suck threshold that high

29$JerZ
12-13-2009, 03:43 AM
Most people dont have a suck threshold that high

That's an irrelevant thing to say, sucking has nothing to do with NY.

Iodine
12-13-2009, 03:48 AM
That's an irrelevant thing to say, sucking has nothing to do with NY.

Mets, jets, knicks, and when nets move to brooklyn them

it is very relevent as is this

http://www.rocketqueen.net/

29$JerZ
12-13-2009, 03:53 AM
Mets, jets, knicks, and when nets move to brooklyn them

it is very relevent as is this

http://www.rocketqueen.net/

NY has the Yankees and Giants

California has the Lakers/Dodgers but Raiders/Chargers/Clippers/Giants/Warrior's/Kings are there
Every state has some rough times

NY doesn't suck, but I don't expect anyone outside NY to really give a damn about us.

Iodine
12-13-2009, 03:56 AM
lol getting defensive are we?

29$JerZ
12-13-2009, 03:58 AM
lol getting defensive are we?

I don't get mad :p

I'm a Met and Knicks fan so I'm use to the bashing,jokes,hate,etc

Ty Fast
12-13-2009, 04:06 AM
The Nets, as currently constructed, have a brighter future, yes. They have more talent and youth, regardless of their record.

if the nets get a good pick, and have lopez, harris, courtney lee, and have money to throw at a free agent they could be a power house for years to come

Ty Fast
12-13-2009, 04:13 AM
Mo Williams, Delonte West, Anthony Parker, JJ Hickson, Shaq
vs.
Chris Duhon, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Al Harrington, David Lee

LeBron can take his pick, but New York has more promising young players.

The Cavs team is absolute SCRUB NATION without LBJ. The Knicks have been playing VERY well despite their record because Mike D'Antoni has shortened his rotation and given the players a general idea of what their role is.

Add LeBron to the Knicks with their promising youth (Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, Jordan Hill) and you've got an instant contender, I'll say a 3 seed in the East.

If LeBron can carry that group of scrubs to the Finals, I'm sure with a little help he can grab a 'Ship in New York.

Nice picture of Lebron in the knicks jersey. I have now seen him in bulls, heat, and knicks jersey and I have them all saved on my computer. If you have any pictures of lebron wearing your favourite teams jersey please put them on the net. They are kind of cool to see. My fave of course is him in the bulls

JOSKOMANG4
12-13-2009, 07:00 AM
1. . LeBron James, SF (26 years-old)

- Resigns with Cavaliers. Similar contract to Kobe.

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

- Signs with Chicago Bulls; Similar contract to Rashard Lewis.

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

- If Chicago finds a way to either relinquish the contract of either Hinrich or Deng.. Bosh will be signing with the Bulls to join Wade( 5yr 80mill; similar to Elton Brand's contract).

Sidenote: Picture if both Bosh & Wade land in chicago
Lineup:
C: Joakim Noah/Aaron Gray
PF: Chris Bosh/James Johnson/Taj Gibson
SF: Luol Deng
SG: Dwayne Wade
PG: Derrick Rose

4. Amare Stoudemire, FC (28)

- Resign with Phoenix Suns; Similar contract to Rashard Lewis.

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

Signs with NY Knicks; Contract similar to Elton Brand.

6. Dirk Nowitzki, PF (32)

- Resigns with Mavericks(contract similar to Kobe)

7. Carlos Boozer, PF (27)

- Signs with NJ Nets; Contract similar to Elton Brand.

8. Carlos Boozer, PF (27)

- Resigns with Boston.

9. Manu Ginobili, SG (32)

- Resigns w/Spurs 4yr 52mill.

10. David Lee, PF (27)

- Signs with OKC Thunder; THE SLEEPER!

sintaks12
12-13-2009, 09:47 AM
Seriously though... Who the hell is going to give up an expiring contract for Eddy Curry's fat ***?? Especially in this economic climate...

You're absolutely right. Sad, but true. NY's best hope is to package Jeffries and Nate. Jeffries' value as a defender and someone who can provide the intangibles is pretty high right now... and will only get better. My only fear is that we may be close enough to the playoffs that Donnie won't pull the trigger... kinda like last year and the Robinson-to-Sacramento situation.

sintaks12
12-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Well there's no way in hell any of the top tier guys come but they will get a couple of solid 2nd tier guys. Such as the Rudy Gays of the world, and the like. So they will get a couple of solid players but no superstar.

It's kinda poetic justice since they've basically tanked two seasons just for a (long) shot at Lebron.

1. They haven't tanked, they just suck. Trading away zbo and craw does not equal tanking. They traded virtually untradeable contracts off of a team that was going no where.
2. They've aligned themselves to have TONS of cap space for chance to be apart of the biggest free agent year in history... and perhaps a few years after. How, in any way, does that not make sense? Poetic justice? Please.

WSU Tony
12-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Knicks will get Bosh imo. Most of the others will flat out stay.... Too bad!

b_rad23
12-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm thinking

Amare/Gay/Johnson

WSU Tony
12-13-2009, 12:59 PM
One of them, yes. Or Bosh.

They'll get their star but what support will he have?

cheetos185
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM

yea the talent that got them what 3 wins ...knicks are getting more wins without a real PG or C or all-star player on their team

cheetos185
12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
and for those calling jeffries a bum the guy played great defense against leagues 2 best PG paul and nash he is nice role player on a contending team

DetroitRipCity
12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
No one will be able to sign two max contracts get it through your heads ppls

TheWatcher34
12-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Three team trade between NY, CHI and MIA that will send Aaron Gray to the Knicks !!!!!

TheWatcher34
12-13-2009, 01:46 PM
1. . Lebron james, sf (26 years-old)

- resigns with cavaliers. Similar contract to kobe.

2. Dwyane wade, sg (28)

- signs with chicago bulls; similar contract to rashard lewis.

3. Chris bosh, fc (26)

- if chicago finds a way to either relinquish the contract of either hinrich or deng.. Bosh will be signing with the bulls to join wade( 5yr 80mill; similar to elton brand's contract).

sidenote: Picture if both bosh & wade land in chicago
lineup:
C: Joakim noah/aaron gray
pf: Chris bosh/james johnson/taj gibson
sf: Luol deng
sg: Dwayne wade
pg: Derrick rose

4. Amare stoudemire, fc (28)

- resign with phoenix suns; similar contract to rashard lewis.

5. Joe johnson, sg (29)

signs with ny knicks; contract similar to elton brand.

6. Dirk nowitzki, pf (32)

- resigns with mavericks(contract similar to kobe)

7. Carlos boozer, pf (27)

- signs with nj nets; contract similar to elton brand.

8. Carlos boozer, pf (27)

- resigns with boston.

9. Manu ginobili, sg (32)

- resigns w/spurs 4yr 52mill.

10. David lee, pf (27)

- signs with okc thunder; the sleeper!

no waay!!

runforrestrunx9
12-13-2009, 01:51 PM

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

- If Chicago finds a way to either relinquish the contract of either Hinrich or Deng.. Bosh will be signing with the Bulls to join Wade( 5yr 80mill; similar to Elton Brand's contract).

Lineup:

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

- Resigns with Boston.

10. David Lee, PF (27)

that could be the best team in nba history haha

Ty Fast
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
that could be the best team in nba history haha

it wouldn't even be the best team in bulls history

Ty Fast
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM

2. Dwyane Wade, SG (28)

3. Chris Bosh, FC (26)

Lineup:

5. Joe Johnson, SG (29)

- Resigns with Boston.

10. David Lee, PF (27)

i love the way this guy thinks

THE MTL
12-13-2009, 04:40 PM
New York WILL GET SOMEONE!

THE MTL
12-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I just hope Lebron knows that this is as good as Cleveland will get. I really dont see them putting together anything significantly better than this team they have now. They are full of pieces. If they dont win or at least dont make the Finals, Lebron could really be on his way out.

JayAllDay
12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
The Nets are a bottom rung franchise and all their players are overrated. Their youth don't want to play there (Terrence Williams? Sean Williams?), they can't fill their arena, and is losing their lease.

Nets have NEVER been a powerhouse for a good reason. Even when they had Kidd, Carter, RJ, K-Mart, Kittles, Kendall Gill, they failed to bring in marquee players or sell out games. Money can buy land but money can't make a half a billion dollar building project finish in less than a year. In Brooklyn nonetheless.

Enjoy your new Newark Nets

nunofwhat
12-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Sh1t, I'd be happy with Rudy Gay and a legit point guard coming to NY

colinskik
12-15-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow, some of you have absolutely no idea what's really good.

If you paid any attention at all, you'd see the Knicks are playing good ball recently and why? DEFENSE!! D'antoni has been preaching defense this year, and now that he's trimmed the rotation to 8, everything is starting to click. Hell, even DLee is showing some heart on the defensive end.

Lebron is a Knick in 2010. All the signs are there. And even if for some reason that doesn't happen, NY will for sure sign someone of all star caliber who can help this young team to be really quite competitive.

Hell, don't be shocked if the Knicks make the playoffs this year.

Big Game Son
12-15-2009, 02:54 PM
The Knicks have to realize that this is a HUGE gamble. Odds are higher of them ending up with nothing then something. Best of luck to em.....but alot of teams prepared, they just prepared to the extreme. lol!

arkanian215
12-15-2009, 02:58 PM

Wall
Chandler
Bron
Bosh
Me... who cares

your beloved knicks dont even have their lottery pick at this point.

Salt Lake City – Utah Jazz Vice President of Basketball Operations, Kevin O’Connor, announced today that the team has acquired forward Tom Gugliotta, two conditional first-round draft picks, a 2005 second-round draft pick and an undisclosed sum of cash in exchange for forward Keon Clark and forward Ben Handlogten.

Utah will receive the least favorable of Phoenix’s two first-round picks in the 2004 NBA Draft, either Phoenix's or New York’s selection, which was acquired from the Knicks in a trade on January 5. The second conditional first-round pick was also acquired from New York and is protected through 2010.

Gugliotta has appeared in 30 games for the Suns this season and averaged 2.3 points and 1.9 rebounds per game. The 6-10 forward out of North Carolina State has appeared in 691 career games and averaged 13.8 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.

The Jazz acquired Clark from the Sacramento Kings on August 5, 2003. He appeared in two games for the Jazz this season and averaged 2.0 points and 3.5 rebounds prior to having surgery on his right ankle to remove a bone spur.

Handlogten joined the Jazz this season as a free agent and appeared in 17 games and averaged 4.0 points and 3.2 rebounds prior to tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

http://www.nba.com/jazz/news/gugliotta_021904.html

arkanian215
12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Ahhh shoot, I totally forgot about that. My bad everyone i screwed up! Okay so scratch the Wall idea... but i still think the Knicks goal is to get LBJ and Bosh/Amare. Don't know if Lee or Robinson will be back though.

if the knicks want to have the chance to sign a max contract, they have to renounce their bird rights. that way they wont have the lee, nate, harrington, etc cap holds. any dream of having lebron, bosh etc would have to exclude harrington, lee, nate and any other expiring on the current roster.

arkanian215
12-15-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow, some of you have absolutely no idea what's really good.

If you paid any attention at all, you'd see the Knicks are playing good ball recently and why? DEFENSE!! D'antoni has been preaching defense this year, and now that he's trimmed the rotation to 8, everything is starting to click. Hell, even DLee is showing some heart on the defensive end.

Lebron is a Knick in 2010. All the signs are there. And even if for some reason that doesn't happen, NY will for sure sign someone of all star caliber who can help this young team to be really quite competitive.

Hell, don't be shocked if the Knicks make the playoffs this year.

the knicks will have something around 23-27 mil in cap space next year depending on what the new salary cap is. on top of that a max contract is around 16.5 mil. much of the knicks' success this year depends on potential FA's next year. guys like lee, harrington, and even hughes are chipping in a ton. the knicks will have to lose one or possibly both harrington and lee (they'll have to renounce their bird rights) in order to remove the cap hold that the league assigns to the knicks team salary.

i wouldnt be shocked if the knicks made it this year. philly is a mess just like jersey. toronto is decent but they know they have some issues. and boston could break down eventually. doc rivers really has to watch those minutes now.

arkanian215
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
The Knicks have to realize that this is a HUGE gamble. Odds are higher of them ending up with nothing then something. Best of luck to em.....but alot of teams prepared, they just prepared to the extreme. lol!

i wouldnt say nothing. they could get a greedy guy like carlos boozer or other star players. this is a deep year. they could easily outbid anyone for rudy gay if memphis fails to sign him long term (or scare them off with a large offer). in the end they'll still have a lot of cap space and they could sign some good players.

aNYer
12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
the knicks will have something around 23-27 mil in cap space next year depending on what the new salary cap is. on top of that a max contract is around 16.5 mil. much of the knicks' success this year depends on potential FA's next year. guys like lee, harrington, and even hughes are chipping in a ton. the knicks will have to lose one or possibly both harrington and lee (they'll have to renounce their bird rights) in order to remove the cap hold that the league assigns to the knicks team salary.

i wouldnt be shocked if the knicks made it this year. philly is a mess just like jersey. toronto is decent but they know they have some issues. and boston could break down eventually. doc rivers really has to watch those minutes now.

Your right about having to renounce the bird rights but I would take Lebron, Wade, Joe J, Dirk, or another big name to replace Harrington's scoring cause they would bring more then just the scoring. I love how Al is starting to play for the first time but any of the big FA can score and add more to the team. Then we do have enough to keep Lee if we want to. If we don't we can use him to trade JJ, trading JJ alone gives us enough for a max, and the numbers Lee is putting up or Harrington for that matter, should help facilitate a trade. Nate looks like he is about to be traded so no worries about bird rights there. Its not guarantied but 2 max stars are closer then some would like to admit.

arkanian215
12-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Your right about having to renounce the bird rights but I would take Lebron, Wade, Joe J, Dirk, or another big name to replace Harrington's scoring cause they would bring more then just the scoring. I love how Al is starting to play for the first time but any of the big FA can score and add more to the team. Then we do have enough to keep Lee if we want to. If we don't we can use him to trade JJ, trading JJ alone gives us enough for a max, and the numbers Lee is putting up or Harrington for that matter, should help facilitate a trade. Nate looks like he is about to be traded so no worries about bird rights there. Its not guarantied but 2 max stars are closer then some would like to admit.

2 max's is far fetched imo since it's highly unlikely that the league will increase the salary cap. it's even less likely that the knicks manage to trade eddy curry or jared jeffries to afford the two max's. and depending on the salary cap next year it'd probably have to be curry would have to leave.

skyhibballpj87
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Lebron has no reason to go to NY the guy is already the face of the NBA more or less besides kobe. Hes in every big comerical already and makes tons of money. What Lebron wants is a ring. And hes not going to get that ring on the knicks. The knicks are probably gonna loose there youth by giving up lee nate and the rest of the team which means Bron will have. chandler gallo, harrington and some more scrubs please that is not gonna win you a title. Lebron has a good thing going with cleveland and his team might not be much without him because that whole team is based around him. Cleveland has deep bench and even if the knicks sign bosh or amare that still leaves them with no one else but 2 stars. Its highly unlikely that bron and bosh will carry a whole team.

I think NY will sign someone dk who but if they likely will not get lebron they will get somone. Dont know if it will change there franchise at all but we will see what happens in 2010

BkNets13088
12-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I think the knicks will land someone in 2010. Whoever said jared jeffries is playing at an all star level is shot though. They have a good chance of getting rid of curry if they can somehow trade for tmac.. works well for both teams. I think Lebron will end up in NY. Bosh is leaving too. Amare and D wade stays. There is no reason for Joe Johnson to leave either because his team is gonna be good for the next 3-5 yrs. As much as it hurts me to say it I think Lebron to Knicks is a 70% chance

AddiX
12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
If you do the Math its pretty much impossible for us not to get at one major FA. We have the money, and that flat out makes the biggest difference.

Not only that but were one of the few teams who can go to any player and say hey we want to sign you, what other FA would you like to play with and well bring them over too?

As for people saying we cant move JJ or Curry, Walsh got rid of Crawford, Randolph, QRich, James, so his history speaks for itself. No one would of thought of trading for those guys at the beginning of last year. Also If a team wants Harrington, Lee, Nate, Hughes, or even Chandler, fine, but you gotta take Curry or JJ too.

A lot of GM's and coaches have their jobs on the line and eventually someone is going to bite on a trade this year. I'm confident we will have enough for 2 Max next year. BTW no one is signing with the Nets, they have tickets for about $3, nuff said.

thedfactor
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
The chances are real. It would be very unfortunate for NY.

mavwar53
12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
I love NY fans they think they can get anyone. Who would really want to go to that team, if LeBron goes he will be the only good player on the team, what does he have to look foward to. I'm sure LBJ is thinking "I cant wait for this season to get over so I can go play with Wilson chandler, me and chandler =Championship"

Get real

IRUAM #21
12-15-2009, 06:31 PM
I love NY fans they think they can get anyone. Who would really want to go to that team, if LeBron goes he will be the only good player on the team, what does he have to look foward to. I'm sure LBJ is thinking "I cant wait for this season to get over so I can go play with Wilson chandler, me and chandler =Championship"

Get real

you forgot to mention that Gallinari's the next Bird ;)

Pierzynski4Prez
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I feel sorry for most of the intelligent Knicks fans on here. There are a lot of those, but seriously, Your guys fan base takes a large hit with a lot of people on here not knowing a thing they are talking about.

You got the ones early on who talk about their pick next year. (Utah's Pick)
Then you got the ones who think that another team will actually take Curry or Jeffries contract off their hands for an expiring contract with the 2 biggest FA periods ever approaching, because their gut tells them so.
Then there are the ones who have no idea about max contracts or what they are, or that the Cavs can offer Lebron the most money actually.
And also the group of people who act like their young players (gallo, Chandler, etc.) are the only good young talent in the NBA.

I'm not saying Lebron is coming, or staying in cleveland. But don't act like its automatic. I heard one person say that NY hasn't had a star since Ewing, but then go say that they can attract top FA's like its an easy thing to do. Yep, that's why over the last 2 decades, outside of Ewing, there really hasn't been one premier player.

Some people, just need to know a little bit about certain subjects before they go screaming to the world that Lebron is coming to NYC.

Vinny642
12-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I dont think they get Lebron, Wade or Bosh, then they are beat.

29$JerZ
12-15-2009, 06:45 PM
I see Joe Johnson and Amar'e as our most realistic options.

Bosh will likely go to either LeBron or Wade.

Either way 2010 Knicks > any Knicks team this decade

BGeer091
12-15-2009, 06:51 PM

Im in full agreement with you. I actually could see a Jeffries, Curry and Nate Rob to houston for McGraday and Kyle Lowrie

Trouble87
12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Why waste money on bosh when popeye jones will be out of jail?

:laugh2:

that made my afternoon

Trouble87
12-15-2009, 06:59 PM

Get real

NY haters just crawl out of every hole just looking for a chance to talk ****

maybe Wilson Chandler is the only young fella on the knicks you've paid attention to but we have a solid young core

AddiX
12-15-2009, 07:06 PM

Get real

This coming from a GS fan? Is there a player on your team that hasn't asked for a trade?

madiaz3
12-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Get real

John Hollinger says that Gallinari on the Cavs would make them the best team in the league.

NyCsPoRtS1
12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
What the **** is wrong with you bastards.

exactly but on a lighter note theyd get johnsonand lets just say they missed out on everybody lol we got melo and paul and a bunch of other dudes in 2011

NyCsPoRtS1
12-15-2009, 07:38 PM
John Hollinger says that Gallinari on the Cavs would make them the best team in the league.

lmao i heard that, i like it lol

NyCsPoRtS1
12-15-2009, 07:40 PM

Get real

dont you realise its not the players but the place and arena hell play in hed be a god in ny even moreso then he is already. that goes to show you how much better of a city ny is than your **** towm lmao:clap:

Giaps
12-15-2009, 07:55 PM
This is why I prefer all Knicks threads to be locked immediately. Always a damn flame war...

Kakaroach
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I highly doubt they get any big names, but they might get a lot of the more minor free agents. We'll never know until it happens though.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Regardless the Knicks will be a respectable team next year because they have to get better players. I honestly doubt they get a superstar, but they will get 2-3 solid players that will help out there improving team. Again, i doubt the Knicks get a superstar so knick fans get ready to feel vastly disappointed.

blastmasta26
12-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I have no idea of whether the Knicks will get a superstar or not, but they don't necessarily need a top 5 player to turn things around. The Knicks don't lack talent, this team can ball as evidenced by our recent win streak. Our major problem is the lack of a go to guy. We also lack defense, but we've stepped it up recently so that may not be as much of a problem. Al Harrington can score, but he makes bad plays often and that hurts us. Chandler and Galinari have nice potential and can be very good complementary players. If we can sign two guys at the level of Bosh/Amare/Joe Johnson we could be a very competitive team. All we need to do is get rid of either Jared Jeffries or Eddy Curry's contract. Curry I doubt we can move, although we could package him with Lee or Nate. Jeffries has been playing very nice defensively and is looking tradeable. So we have a chance for success in 2010, although no one knows what is going to happen yet.

aNYer
12-16-2009, 01:23 AM
2 max's is far fetched imo since it's highly unlikely that the league will increase the salary cap. it's even less likely that the knicks manage to trade eddy curry or jared jeffries to afford the two max's. and depending on the salary cap next year it'd probably have to be curry would have to leave.

Not true. Knicks have just over $27 mill on the books so if the cap was dropped to the bottom level the league said it would they would have $23 million. In this case a max would be $15 million. This means the knicks would have $12 million. Jeffries makes over $6. So even if the cap goes up and they could still affford 2 max's by trading him. If you have watched him play in this recent span where the Knicks have won 5 out of 7 he is playing really well, and as I said the fact that they can't keep their players means players are tradable. If Jeffries is playing at this level consistently and you throw in Lee or Nate or Harringtion its not a bad deal, specially for a team looking for a little help in a playoff push because the cap room won't matter and they would probably be over the cap as well.

Point 2
Every thinks that every team in the league is in on 2010. Not really, a lot of teams are using it as a smoke screen to excuse them sucking. In reality as many articles and threads have shown there are a handful of teams that can afford a max deal. This is big for the knicks cause it means they have a very good shot at getting players that can help. If we have enough money for 2 Max guys then we are the only team that can do that, it also makes us a better option for FAs and with such a large list you have to assume we at least make ourselves a very solid team.

b_rad23
12-16-2009, 02:01 AM
even if you trade jeffries you only have 29 in room, which is enough for 2 stars but not two maxes

zambo4president
12-16-2009, 02:27 AM
:laugh: That would happen too.

aNYer
12-16-2009, 02:32 AM
even if you trade jeffries you only have 29 in room, which is enough for 2 stars but not two maxes

Well I wasn't using exact numbers but we would have just over 20 mil on the books, so it would be over $29 million to spend. This is just for the sake of argument so please don't focus on this part but, if the knicks do sign Lebron, you really think someone is going to say, well I am not going to sign for over
$14 million because I can make a couple hundred thousand more somewhere else? Maybe, but I don't think so. And thats only if the cap drops to that bottom line level, other wise thats more cap room for the Knicks to use.
Of coarse this is all just conjecture so, who knows what happens.

Raph12
12-16-2009, 02:53 AM
They might get Amare, he seems to have a man-crush on coach D'Antoni.

madiaz3
12-16-2009, 02:56 AM

unless you're wade/lebron/kobe/cp3 you dont deserve a max. this means bosh and amare dont either

MaHaRaJaH
12-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Money talks.

arkanian215
12-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Not true. Knicks have just over $27 mill on the books so if the cap was dropped to the bottom level the league said it would they would have $23 million. In this case a max would be $15 million. This means the knicks would have $12 million. Jeffries makes over $6. So even if the cap goes up and they could still affford 2 max's by trading him. If you have watched him play in this recent span where the Knicks have won 5 out of 7 he is playing really well, and as I said the fact that they can't keep their players means players are tradable. If Jeffries is playing at this level consistently and you throw in Lee or Nate or Harringtion its not a bad deal, specially for a team looking for a little help in a playoff push because the cap room won't matter and they would probably be over the cap as well.

Point 2
Every thinks that every team in the league is in on 2010. Not really, a lot of teams are using it as a smoke screen to excuse them sucking. In reality as many articles and threads have shown there are a handful of teams that can afford a max deal. This is big for the knicks cause it means they have a very good shot at getting players that can help. If we have enough money for 2 Max guys then we are the only team that can do that, it also makes us a better option for FAs and with such a large list you have to assume we at least make ourselves a very solid team.

true unless the cap falls below 51.5 million, the knicks could afford two max vets (7 years of experience or more). if they were to sign gay and a vet they could do it under 51.5. i doubt it'll drop below that or anywhere close to it. i could see someone taking the bait if offered lee/harrington and curry/jeffries. not sure where there's a good trade. they'd have to find somewhere around 13.4 to 20.5 million in expiring contracts depending on the package. that's hard to find on any team much less a contender.

possibilities:
boston: 20 mil - i dont see it happening since they have something nice going with that group. but if injuries set in who knows.

chicago: 32mil - not happening. they're looking to be players in 2010. i dont see them moving for good players while they're struggling. better for them to tank but who knows they might get it going again.

cleveland - 29 mil - do the knicks want to help out a team that has one of the star FA's? it could solidify lebron in cleveland.

golden state - 13.6 mil - harrington back with donnie? it's possible but i dont see golden state looking to contend although lee and harrington are nice fits.

houston - 30.4 mil - they could trade tmac. definitely a possiblity there. if they can continue to contend, houston could be a potential trading partner.

lac - 19.4 mil - they may want to hang on to that cap space to at least add a guy or two. doubt they'd trade for lee and curry since they got bigs but harrington is a possibility if they could manage to contend. but i dont see how moving camby for harrington or lee would help them despite kaman beasting. they have a nice youth movement going.

miami - 43.8 mil - once again i dont see the knicks trying to help out a team that has one of the star FA's they want.

milwaukee - 16,6 mil - why did they trade RJ? looks like they're trying to save money. i dont see them taking a large contract for another year to help them contend one year.

minny - 24 mil - it's about the youth movement. doubt they'd move for them.

jersey - 30.9 mil - dont think they'd take on curry or jeffries after all those trades to get expirings.

sacramento - 14.2 mil - it could work. if they get hot again they could use a guy like harrington or a more consistent player than hawes.

san antonio - 23.7 mil - it's possible. they dont need to part with manu to make it happen.

utah - 24 mil - i dont think harrington or lee is what sloan wants but they could use some wing scoring.

washington - 26.6 mil - caron shouldve kept drinking that dew. harrington makes some sense here. i havent watched washington enough to know what's wrong with that team but if they could get it together they'll be solid.

feedback welcome. all salaries are from http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/09-10salaries.htm

aNYer
12-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Very nice post. We have been through most of those in the knicks forum by now. Actually if Jeffries keeps playing as well as he has, and trust me I didn't expect this it would open up a lot of possibilities we didn't consider.
Problem with Boston and Miami is that they are in the division and you know how teams hate taking a chance on making a divisional opponent better. Its one thing to lose on a trade, its another to help a team your competing against directly. And thats not just us giving them a good player its also them not wanting to help us have a shot at improving our team that much.
Knicks trade a good amount with Chicago but as you said with both teams in the hunt for 2010 FAs its hard to work anything out that can help cap wise.
Not going to get into all of them right now but there is some interesting possibilities depending on injuries and who needs what and expectations etc etc etc.

davg31
12-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Riot in NY. Well they always have Curry...

Raoul Duke
12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
There are way too many good free agents available next summer for NY not to get anybody. I think theres a legitimate chance, though, that they don't get any of the top three guys (Bosh/Wade/James).

Theres also a really good chance that NY, along with a few other teams, end up paying max money for players what will eventually make them regret it.

Tqafg96
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM

We have Bird rights to them i think we will resign lee.

Ty Fast
12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
when does curry come off the books? they could sign amare this year, wait another year and clear more money and then go after chris paul. cp3 to amare in that system would be scary good

Ty Fast
12-16-2009, 04:38 PM
why do i keep seeing joe johnson? he isn't going anywhere

justheboss
12-16-2009, 05:15 PM
If they don't get anyone at least were moving in the right direction and freeing up cap space instead of getting washed up players for big contracts. we're going to need a few years of building thru the draft and signing young players, unless we get lunky with wade or lebron

justheboss
12-16-2009, 05:17 PM
why do i keep seeing joe johnson? he isn't going anywhere

he is going leave the hawks do sell out home games. ive been to three games this year and not one has sold out. the city isnt behind them. hes going to want to be in a bigger market and be on a time that can win a championship, which atl can offer neither

Ty Fast
12-16-2009, 06:15 PM
he is going leave the hawks do sell out home games. ive been to three games this year and not one has sold out. the city isnt behind them. hes going to want to be in a bigger market and be on a time that can win a championship, which atl can offer neither

they dont sell out? that is strange

IRUAM #21
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
New York
New Jersey
Atlanta
Miami
Chicago

Probably the only teams who can afford Johnson. I'd say Atlanta is the best one. Unless Dallas finds a way to get him.

NYman15
12-16-2009, 06:50 PM
johnson said when he was in ny that he would love to come to ny and play for the knicks

Tony_Starks
12-16-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't see Johnson leaving ATL. They're one low post player away from being legit contenders and most of their key players are still young. He held out for more money, and Im sure they after a nice playoff run this year they'll be more than happy to max him out.

justheboss
12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
they dont sell out? that is strange

i know it is, they have a good team too. i guess its just the weak fan base

ldc62
12-18-2009, 03:25 AM
johnson said when he was in ny that he would love to come to ny and play for the knicks

NY is a great city... too bad the teams a mess. JJ fits the system, but do you seriously think that he can take the Knicks somewhere? Im sure most knicks fans are in hunger for a championship, not just a playoff birth.

heathonater
12-18-2009, 05:56 AM
great, considering the knicks are awful this year. if lebron wants money, he goes to new york. but if he wants rings new york is the last place to go. im sorry but a pathetic nba franchise such as the knicks wastes 2 years just so they hope to get lebron is a joke. i hope they dont get him so they have to rebuild like every other team in the league.

heathonater
12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
the only dynasty new york gets is in nba 2k10. in real life, nba teams actually draft their players and develop them. im sure the knicks have a fallback option if their 2010 plan fails. oops, they don't. i guess they are screwed if lebron, wade, bosh, and all sixteen other nba allstars dont sign with new york.

bkmikeyy
12-18-2009, 07:11 AM
great, considering the knicks are awful this year. if lebron wants money, he goes to new york. but if he wants rings new york is the last place to go. im sorry but a pathetic nba franchise such as the knicks wastes 2 years just so they hope to get lebron is a joke. i hope they dont get him so they have to rebuild like every other team in the league.

you know whats more pathetic? unintelligent NBA fans regurgitating some crap they heard on espn and thinking they are smart. They did not waste anything for lebron, if you knew anything you would know they were a 23 win team the year before they made the trades to clear cap space. They did not get any worse in the process and have actually been improving, however free agency is a very common way to get better, not only the knicks have done it. If anyone is completely tanking and selling everything it is actually the nets, who made 3 lopsided trades to get under the cap while they were still contenders.
Also people fail to realize how unlucky the knicks have been with the lottery drafting. No it was not poor drafting because they always do decent enough not to get the star and pick right when the stars are gone. prime example is this year, picking 8th in a 7 player draft, and dont tell me about brandon jennings because noone knew about him and scouts everywhere were negative about him (so negative the day before the draft he was projected to go 17th by many and his agent told him to stay home).
The only way out of the mess that previous knick GMs have put this team in was to get under the cap. Another thing uneducated fans don;t understand because they don't think and just swallow garbage from the media is that the knicks didn't clear cap for Lebron. Yes they would love him, but the point is to get under the cap to have an opportunity in the next upcoming years to have a chance at a player that can actually make a difference.
My point is, if you are an educated fan of course, how can you be upset at a team for cleaning up house when they had 100 million dollar payroll and 23 wins the season before. If thats your business wouldnt it be smart to clean up a little and try to start over. Unfortunately for the knicks the NBA makes you pay for some of the critical mistakes they made in the past, however what walsh did was the ONLY way to get back to relevance this decade and is not about putting all your eggs in one basket for lebron.

People hate on the knicks franchise but forget how miserable the cavs were before they got lucky and won the lottery. Or how lucky the Bulls got jumping up 8 spots to select Rose. Imagine that team without Rose right now. Its easy to just hate and call teams dumb, but how about you stop being dumb and think for a second?

As for never winning in New York, put lebron on both the cavs roster and the knciks roster and tell me who wins a 7 game playoff series. Its not even close. And on top of that which city in the whole world has pull as strong as NYC? Once one star comes here, you honestly believe that another one wont be dying to come in 2011 when the knicks magically have 20 million dollars of cap room once again? Id love to see people tell say the same thing about carmelo not being able to win in NY a year from now if the knicks sign one of lebron/wade/bosh/amare/johnson this summer.

arkanian215
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
you know whats more pathetic? unintelligent NBA fans regurgitating some crap they heard on espn and thinking they are smart. They did not waste anything for lebron, if you knew anything you would know they were a 23 win team the year before they made the trades to clear cap space. They did not get any worse in the process and have actually been improving, however free agency is a very common way to get better, not only the knicks have done it. If anyone is completely tanking and selling everything it is actually the nets, who made 3 lopsided trades to get under the cap while they were still contenders.
Also people fail to realize how unlucky the knicks have been with the lottery drafting. No it was not poor drafting because they always do decent enough not to get the star and pick right when the stars are gone. prime example is this year, picking 8th in a 7 player draft, and dont tell me about brandon jennings because noone knew about him and scouts everywhere were negative about him (so negative the day before the draft he was projected to go 17th by many and his agent told him to stay home).
The only way out of the mess that previous knick GMs have put this team in was to get under the cap. Another thing uneducated fans don;t understand because they don't think and just swallow garbage from the media is that the knicks didn't clear cap for Lebron. Yes they would love him, but the point is to get under the cap to have an opportunity in the next upcoming years to have a chance at a player that can actually make a difference.
My point is, if you are an educated fan of course, how can you be upset at a team for cleaning up house when they had 100 million dollar payroll and 23 wins the season before. If thats your business wouldnt it be smart to clean up a little and try to start over. Unfortunately for the knicks the NBA makes you pay for some of the critical mistakes they made in the past, however what walsh did was the ONLY way to get back to relevance this decade and is not about putting all your eggs in one basket for lebron.

People hate on the knicks franchise but forget how miserable the cavs were before they got lucky and won the lottery. Or how lucky the Bulls got jumping up 8 spots to select Rose. Imagine that team without Rose right now. Its easy to just hate and call teams dumb, but how about you stop being dumb and think for a second?

As for never winning in New York, put lebron on both the cavs roster and the knciks roster and tell me who wins a 7 game playoff series. Its not even close. And on top of that which city in the whole world has pull as strong as NYC? Once one star comes here, you honestly believe that another one wont be dying to come in 2011 when the knicks magically have 20 million dollars of cap room once again? Id love to see people tell say the same thing about carmelo not being able to win in NY a year from now if the knicks sign one of lebron/wade/bosh/amare/johnson this summer.

wasn't jennings one of the most highly recruited players out of high school. i wouldn't say no one knew about him. i think it's tougher for scouts to judge talent from europe when the rest of the guys played against similar comeptition at home. some of the worries were about his personality, not his game.

imagine the knicks without ewing. that was lucky as well.

sturge
12-18-2009, 09:57 AM
If we didnt land anyone then theres only one thing to do...

Bring on the summer of Carmelo haha

Na seriously i would think Rudy Gay would be a backup target for us too...Someone will definately come but i dont see it being Lebron or Wade

KnicksorBust
12-18-2009, 10:11 AM
I understand to some people the Knicks plan looks ridiculous but even if miss on LeBron and Wade, whoever we get I can guarantee I will like more than Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph. With them we had no cap and were a 20-30 win team. With whoever we get in free agency and maybe if we get lucky and one of our young guys like Gallo or Hill pan out then we can actually start competing again. It's been a long painful process but at least we'll have a SHOT at a star and have a plan again instead of just signing/trading for cap killers like Stephon Marbury, Eddy Curry, Mo Taylor, Malik Rose, Antonio Davis, Jalen Rose, Steve Francis, etc., etc.

faridk89
12-18-2009, 10:35 AM
trade bosh to NY for LEE and your 1st pick!

sturge
12-18-2009, 11:05 AM
trade bosh to NY for LEE and your 1st pick!

what a 2nd rounder?

Da Knicks
12-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Bosh for Hughes and Jared Jeffries would be the ideal thing if Toronto wanted to get something in return for Bosh. I read most of the negative comments and some fans in here just dont understand the Knicks are not just going after Lebron. It would be nice to get him but he is not the only target and if we miss this year on our projected free agents next year Jeffries and Curry come off the book anyways. If we just sign a star free agent this summer and see how Gallo and Hill develop we could be pretty good and next year we would be monsters getting two max players.

As for the comment of New York should rebuild just like everyone else? You serious dude Ron artest was drafted by L.A. how about Gasol, Odom what about the Celtics K.G., Allen, heck they had Sam Cassel wanting to go there for free. The Cavs went after Moon, Parker, O'neal, Mo Williams and Delonte. So don't give me that b.s. when every team has to trade or sign free agents to make a good team.

The drafting has been tough for the Knicks but I think free agents would take a chance on Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas and Lee if he is retained.

Gibby23
12-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Bosh for Hughes and Jared Jeffries would be the ideal thing if Toronto wanted to get something in return for Bosh. I read most of the negative comments and some fans in here just dont understand the Knicks are not just going after Lebron. It would be nice to get him but he is not the only target and if we miss this year on our projected free agents next year Jeffries and Curry come off the book anyways. If we just sign a star free agent this summer and see how Gallo and Hill develop we could be pretty good and next year we would be monsters getting two max players.

As for the comment of New York should rebuild just like everyone else? You serious dude Ron artest was drafted by L.A. how about Gasol, Odom what about the Celtics K.G., Allen, heck they had Sam Cassel wanting to go there for free. The Cavs went after Moon, Parker, O'neal, Mo Williams and Delonte. So don't give me that b.s. when every team has to trade or sign free agents to make a good team.

The drafting has been tough for the Knicks but I think free agents would take a chance on Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas and Lee if he is retained.

I don't think they want trash in return. Jeffries has a player option next year at over 6 million and he is going to pick it up. They are better off letting Bosh walk and getting Cap savings instead of letting Hughes walk and paying Jeffries over 6 million next year.

DaBUU
12-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Not sure who the knicks are getting, but i do know we both need a star. After watching last nights battle of suck between the Bulls and Knicks, both teams need a savior.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-18-2009, 03:19 PM

I've read a lot of stupid **** on here before, even posted probably some stupid ****. But that statement by FAR, is the worst comment I have ever seen.

Just to get it straight, you are saying Chris Bosh for Jared Jeffries and Larry Hughes? Can you maybe add NY's 1st round pick for the next 8 years to that.

Miami fans are talking about packages centered around Beasley, and having Toronto fans laugh it off. And you think Jeffries and hughes. Oh man.

heathonater
12-18-2009, 05:20 PM
look, i agree the knicks are doing the right thing. they have done the right thing in getting rid of some ugly contracts. and if they manage to get lebron and another star, that would be a very successful offseason for them. i was just stating that this has to happen for them to be a playoff team again. However, if they are able to get john wall and no one else, that is a solid start towards rebuilding that team.

madiaz3
12-18-2009, 05:33 PM
look, i agree the knicks are doing the right thing. they have done the right thing in getting rid of some ugly contracts. and if they manage to get lebron and another star, that would be a very successful offseason for them. i was just stating that this has to happen for them to be a playoff team again. However, if they are able to get john wall and no one else, that is a solid start towards rebuilding that team.

we dont have the pick, nor would we be in contention for first overall because we're not that bad.

Even if the 5% chance happens and we don't get ANYONE of current all-star or better talent, we still will sign some player that fits better than the ugly contracts we got rid of, forcing our youth to take on bigger roles and develop faster.

If not 2010, there's also the following year where Jeffries and Eddy will naturally come off the books, and there's just as good of talent available as well. The odds of NY not signing anyone of worth for two consecutive offseasons, the second one having even more available money is even more unlikely than me getting struck by lightning.

Tony_Starks
12-18-2009, 05:58 PM
The only chance NY has of doing anything next year is getting a decent player or two back from a Nate or David Lee package this year. Perhaps a sign and trade for Boozer or Bosh. Curry and Jeffries aren't going anywhere, let's just be real. Nobody is giving up a allstar/superstar for junk. But a package around one of those two guys might be attractive and also would be smart since they probably wont re-sign both anyway.

But Nate's in the doghouse so his trade value is going down, down, down..... really smart management huh?