PDA

View Full Version : Should the 76ers Try To Move Brand and Daelmbert

JasonJohnHorn
12-12-2009, 11:43 AM
II'm not a 76ers fan exactly, I'm more a fan of the game. But there is always a part of me who wants to see them do well because I was a huge Barkley fan as a kid.

Both recently and during the offseason I've heard rumours of the 76ers trying to move both Dalembert and Brand. Though I would agree with anybody who states Brand has grossly underachieved, I believe he can still return to near 20/10 numbers and that Dalembert, because of his rebounding and defensive presence and his limited interest in offence, seems like a perfect fit for the 76ers who already have scorers in the backcourt and on the wing. This past offseason the 76ers let Miller go, which I thought was a mistake, and now they are looking to move Brand and Dalemebrt? For a team that seemed on the cusp of contending the last two seasons, moving that many players seems like a mistake to me, but what do fans in Philly think?

If Brand does return to his former self (or even something close to it) and Dalember continues to rebound and defend as he does while letting Young, Brand, AI and AI 2.0 do the scoring, the 76ers could be a real contender. Sometimes the trades you don't make are your best moves and sometimes its better to stay pat and wait.

To Philly fans think the 76ers should stick with their current front court? Or do you guys want to see Dalembert and Brand moved?

jdricks
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Both Brand and Dalembert were handed way too much money before thinking about the age factor and the performance factor. You cant just add a post player in Brand and stick him next to a 7 footer who is offensively ******** and just sets up shop in the paint and a team that likes to run the ball up and down the court to use the athletic youth. They signed them to long term deals that have tied there hands behind there backs for a long time, and teams arent willing to take the chance if they are underachieving and injured all the time. They will probaly get less value for them than what there worth but thats what happens when you just sign player who are "great" but dont fit with your team.

_Supreme_
12-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Of course they should, but at this point I doubt anyone will want to take on those contracts.

Brand just has one fugly huge contract.

Dalembert could become an attractive trading piece next year when he is expiring, or maybe even during the offseason if the Sixers are lucky. But I think not yet this season.

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 12:23 PM
I would happily take Brand off the 76ers, Danny Ferry and the front office know they have to spend to keep LeBron and in a slower, half court offense, like the Cavs, he could produce close to 20/10 again.

His jumpshot spreads the floor so he could play alongside Shaq. Big Z's expiring and a first rounder for Elton Brand. Add in a sign and trade with Wally Szczerbiak to make the numbers work and I think that would be a fair deal. Huge cap relief and a late first rounder for a guy that is restricting the team's run and gun offense.

PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Elton Brand/Leon Powe/JJ Hickson
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Anderson Varejao

runforrestrunx9
12-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I would happily take Brand off the 76ers, Danny Ferry and the front office know they have to spend to keep LeBron and in a slower, half court offense, like the Cavs, he could produce close to 20/10 again.

His jumpshot spreads the floor so he could play alongside Shaq. Big Z's expiring and a first rounder for Elton Brand. Add in a sign and trade with Wally Szczerbiak to make the numbers work and I think that would be a fair deal. Huge cap relief and a late first rounder for a guy that is restricting the team's run and gun offense.

PG: Mo Williams/Delonte West
SG: Anthony Parker/Daniel Gibson
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: Elton Brand/Leon Powe/JJ Hickson
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Anderson Varejao

i would do anything for that deal as a sixers fan!!!
a big expiring contract and a 1st freakin rounder!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

runforrestrunx9
12-12-2009, 12:33 PM
hell, i do big z for brand straight up but do u think u guys would also give up a 1st?

boms-4
12-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Brand contract is to big what what he is doing right now

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 01:37 PM
hell, i do big z for brand straight up but do u think u guys would also give up a 1st?

Maybe a second rounder then... :cool:

The 76ers would more than likely buy out Big Z's contract (due to his lack of athleticism and inability to play in an uptempo offense) and let him come back to Cleveland for the vet minimum.

Elton Brand could be that piece we're missing and if we could get him for that I think it would be worth it.

Clutch6
12-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Cavs wont do that, I would be on board with that in 2 seconds!!

Chronz
12-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Brand is finished bro, if he were 20-10 able, hed be showing us.

YankeeLove2
12-12-2009, 03:00 PM
would you take felton and diaw?

gould fit since felton plays the 1 can move iverson to 2 until lou comes back and diaw is extremely versatile

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-12-2009, 03:05 PM

gould fit since felton plays the 1 can move iverson to 2 until lou comes back and diaw is extremely versatile

Haha midgets on the backcourt!

Alwaysballin247
12-12-2009, 03:12 PM

You know that really isn't that bad of an idea....they have tyson chandler who is all right but is not a strong post player so having someone there that can post would work out for them and put wallace back to the sf spot where he can over power people. and also they have that young pg that can fill in and start and jackson needs the ball a lot so that would make him better as well...

Diaw would do well in that offence and get more open looks and this way iverson can be moving more with out the ball to get some more open looks.. good idea man

YankeeLove2
12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
You know that really isn't that bad of an idea....they have tyson chandler who is all right but is not a strong post player so having someone there that can post would work out for them and put wallace back to the sf spot where he can over power people. and also they have that young pg that can fill in and start and jackson needs the ball a lot so that would make him better as well...

Diaw would do well in that offence and get more open looks and this way iverson can be moving more with out the ball to get some more open looks.. good idea man
yeah i believe would work very well for both teams
augustin would flourish more as a starter with more minutes as he showed in spurts last year, this year hes just not getting the time