PDA

View Full Version : Magic says LeBron will come to New York

4real
12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/magic_king_dom_tfZtmYakE1aDUb5hBcTkTK

Magic Johnson said he believes LeBron James will decide to leave Cleveland to play for the Knicks -- but urges Knicks team president Donnie Walsh to lure "The King" by first signing a marquee free agent such as Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire.

The Hall of Fame point guard/businessman, asked by The Post for his gut feeling on LeBron in 2010, said: "I think he's going to go to New York.

"They're in the lead, they just have to make it [attractive] for him. LeBron will come to New York if he knows they're gonna win. . . . So, if they sign a free agent first, that would probably seal the deal, I believe. They should have somebody else on their radar to make him want to come."

Someone not named Dwyane Wade.

"Him and Wade can't play together, I don't care what they say, because they both dominate that ball," Magic said. "You want somebody like a Chris Bosh. . . . You want somebody like Stoudemire to go along with LeBron. You got Yao Ming, if he's healthy, I'd take a look at him as well."

Knicks fans should hope LeBron seeks out Magic's opinion -- just as Alex Rodriguez did when he was contemplating signing with the Yankees, and re-signing with them as well.

"I wouldn't say, 'Go to one place or another,' " Magic said.

But one place is the one and only place.

"He could really be a 'King' if he could revitalize the Knicks," Johnson said. "You got some of the best basketball fans in the world, and now you could be responsible for bringing a championship back to New York. Now, it's gonna take a few years, because you still gotta add more pieces. He's got more talent in Cleveland, but he can do more incredible things in New York.

"When Alex Rodriguez called me to meet with me, he flew out to Los Angeles, the first time making a decision between Boston and New York. I told him, 'This is a no-brainer, you gotta go to the Yankees. Just imagine if you win as a Yankee.' "

Then A-Rod opted out. But he quickly opted back in after another West Coast sitdown with Magic.

"I told him again, 'Can you imagine when you break the home run record as a Yankee?' " Johnson said. " 'When you're 80, people will know you as a Yankee.' "

Stoudemire would welcome a reunion with Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, his former coach in Phoenix.

"I would say for [LeBron], and knowing what he wants to accomplish, if he said he wants to be a billionaire, or close to it, you gotta go to New York," Magic said. "And I would tell him this: 'Wherever you go, sign for three or four years, and then look at the situation.'

"If you don't like it, you could go somewhere else. I think he's looking at the Knicks very, very hard. He really probably wants to go to New York, but I think he's gonna see what both teams end up doing, who has the most talent."

Evolution23
12-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Magic is one of the smartest businessmen, so I respect his opinion. As for 2010 lets wait and see...

Raoul Duke
12-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Well, gee, let's take stock here.

New York is a pathetic team, and has been for several years. They have no quality players signed beyond this season. They have no first round draft pick next year.

So, yeah, obviously that's where Lebron will go since he is more interested in winning rings than anything else.

The speculation is pointless. But I will admit that I don't see NY getting him. Miami has a boatload of cap space even after they resign Wade and NJ has a *****in' new arena coming not to mention a core of young players that actually has promise. Those are both better options for Lebron than NY. In fact, Cleveland is a much better option for him than NY.

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Magic giving the Knicks fans something to hold on to... They'll come back to reality when the best player they can sign is Tracy McGrady...

Slimsim
12-12-2009, 11:45 AM
I see LBJ going to Chicago. They have more talent and he can continue his ideal legacy.

I prefer Joe Johnson.

_Supreme_
12-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Lol, I have just commented on this gak article in the Knicks forum.

Bottom line is that it is full of incorrect assumptions, it does not make any sense at all, and that Magic is talking straight out of his arse.

But hey, it is the NY Post, so what can we expect? They probably put half of these words in his mouth and misquoted the other half. Even Magic can not be this stupid.

oak2455
12-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Magic giving the Knicks fans something to hold on to... They'll come back to reality when the best player they can sign is Tracy McGrady...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: you smoke pot focker??????

caddiemaster
12-12-2009, 12:00 PM
No hes going to golden state!
Best young team....best fans......best weather.....best coach.......best golf........lots of muffin........teah hes coming to golden state!

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 12:31 PM

Who, out of the marquee free agents of 2010 is going to want to play on 25 win Knicks team???

LeBron James - No
Chris Bosh - No
Dwyane Wade - No
Amare Stoudemire - No, but the most likely
Carlos Boozer - No
Joe Johnson - No

The Nets, Heat and Chicago all have the cap room to offer a max deal and the players I mentioned would all rather play on one of those teams, because they actually have a future. Take into account the fact that LeBron and Wade are probably gonna re-sign with their teams and you see there is a massive chance that Knicks fans are gonna be disappointed... Again.

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 12:32 PM
No hes going to golden state!
Best young team....best fans......best weather.....best coach.......best golf........lots of muffin........teah hes coming to golden state!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Those two bits cracked me up.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
12-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Who, out of the marquee free agents of 2010 is going to want to play on 25 win Knicks team???

LeBron James - No
Chris Bosh - No
Dwyane Wade - No
Carlos Boozer - No
Joe Johnson - No

The Nets, Heat and Chicago all have the cap room to offer a max deal and the players I mentioned would all rather play on one of those teams, because they actually have a future. Take into account the fact that LeBron and Wade are probably gonna re-sign with their teams and you see there is a massive chance that Knicks fans are gonna be disappointed... Again.

so he would rather go to the 2 win nets than the 8 win knick team and any argument that the the cavs are more talented than the knicks without lebron is ridiculous

clutchski
12-12-2009, 12:56 PM
I personally think Amare would be better suited playing alongside Lebron over Bosh, I'm not just saying that as a Raps fan. I think they'd be more dominant.

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 01:01 PM
so he would rather go to the 2 win nets than the 8 win knick team and any argument that the the cavs are more talented than the knicks without lebron is ridiculous

You didn't fully understand my post... The other teams actually have a future. If LeBron was to leave i'm sure the Nets would be his first option. They have Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, potentially John Wall (if they get the first pick), Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts and Terrence Williams. If they were to sign LeBron to a max contract they would still have about $9 million in cap room, enough to sign someone like Carlos Boozer.

You can't tell me LeBron would rather play with Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Toney Douglas...

Hellcrooner
12-12-2009, 01:04 PM
what i dont get is why no one ever mentions THE CLIPPERs

Big market

good CLimate

Davis, Gordon, Thontorn, GRiffin and KAMAN.

Add lebron or wade to that

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM

Big market

good CLimate

Probably because of the cap room... The Clips will only have $11.1 million to offer, and can you see LeBron, Wade or Bosh taking that?

29$JerZ
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM

New York is a pathetic team, and has been for several years. They have no quality players signed beyond this season. They have no first round draft pick next year.

So, yeah, obviously that's where Lebron will go since he is more interested in winning rings than anything else.

The speculation is pointless. But I will admit that I don't see NY getting him. Miami has a boatload of cap space even after they resign Wade and NJ has a *****in' new arena coming not to mention a core of young players that actually has promise. Those are both better options for Lebron than NY. In fact, Cleveland is a much better option for him than NY.

That is such an ignorant statement to make I won't even attempt to dissect it, especially because you believe a team that went 0-17 is a better fit for a potential championship.

Knicks are in a great position to sign one of the top Free agents, we have the money and the stage. Just because you dislike the team don't mean you know who the hell we won't be getting.

LeBron James - No
Chris Bosh - No
Dwyane Wade - No
Carlos Boozer - No
Joe Johnson - No

Outside of Devin Harris and Brook Lopez the Nets have a bunch of rooks and young guys who aren't even locks to be resigned when their contracts are up. LBJ and Wade can't coexist as the best players on their team, each need a PF, another position NJ/Miami/Chicago lack compared to NY.

You didn't fully understand my post... The other teams actually have a future. If LeBron was to leave i'm sure the Nets would be his first option. They have Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, potentially John Wall (if they get the first pick), Courtney Lee, Chris Douglas-Roberts and Terrence Williams. If they were to sign LeBron to a max contract they would still have about $9 million in cap room, enough to sign someone like Carlos Boozer.

You can't tell me LeBron would rather play with Eddy Curry, Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari and Toney Douglas...

Once again you are down playing NY's talent for no reason.
Danilo/Wilson/Jordan/Toney/Max/All-star and a Max in 2011 isn't appealing?
If the goal is a championship why the hell would he go to NJ then?
Besides attendance issues they still don't have a legit PF and veteran experience to get them far. So whatever you say about NY goes for pretty much NJ.

Doesn't matter since LBJ will go where the money is good and the team who will do everything to appease him will happen.

Hellcrooner
12-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Probably because of the cap room... The Clips will only have $11.1 million to offer, and can you see LeBron, Wade or Bosh taking that?
mmm i think they hav more, but they can probably move some minor piece ofr a expirig if needed.

29$JerZ
12-12-2009, 01:17 PM
mmm i think they hav more, but they can probably move some minor piece ofr a expirig if needed.

Well LBJ could ask for a S/T if he really wanted to go to LA where they could send back Blake pretty easily and a filler :shrug:

But I don't see him wanting to take away any talent from whatever team he plans on going too.

YANKSJETSKNICKS
12-12-2009, 01:26 PM

but what im trying to say is that lebron actually makes the team if clev doesnt have lebron theres a chance the cavs would have the worst record in the league and if lebron leaves shaq wont want to be their either and the cavs would be where they were back in 03

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 01:27 PM
Just because you dislike the team don't mean you know who the hell we won't be getting.

I don't dislike New York, it's the delusional fans that annoy me... I like what they've done this year and I really wanted them to draft Brandon Jennings because I knew how well he would've fitted with you guys.

Outside of Devin Harris and Brook Lopez the Nets have a bunch of rooks and young guys who aren't even locks to be resigned when their contracts are up. LBJ and Wade can't coexist as the best players on their team, each need a PF, another position NJ/Miami/Chicago lack compared to NY.

Sorry, who is this PF you speak of on New York?

Once again you are down playing NY's talent for no reason.
Danilo/Wilson/Jordan/Toney/Max/All-star and a Max in 2011 isn't appealing?
If the goal is a championship why the hell would he go to NJ then?
Besides attendance issues they still don't have a legit PF and veteran experience to get them far. So whatever you say about NY goes for pretty much NJ.

As I said (but you clearly missed it), if the Nets signed LeBron they could still go out and get a Carlos Boozer type player. They would have one of the best front courts in the league if they managed to do that.

PG: Devin Harris
SG: John Wall (If they get the first pick)
SF: LeBron James
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Brook Lopez

or

PG: Toney Douglas
SG: Danilo Gallinari
SF: LeBron James
PF: Jared Jeffries
C: Eddy Curry

Tough one... :eyebrow:

Doesn't matter since LBJ will go where the money is good and the team who will do everything to appease him will happen.

So he'll stay in Cleveland then :D

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 01:30 PM
but what im trying to say is that lebron actually makes the team if clev doesnt have lebron theres a chance the cavs would have the worst record in the league and if lebron leaves shaq wont want to be their either and the cavs would be where they were back in 03

You make it sound as if Shaq can still carry a team...

If LeBron was to leave (god forbid), the Cavs have Big Z and Shaq expiring. That's $31 million off the books and would leave Cleveland with about $18 million in cap room to play with... Enough for a max contract or a nice few players to rebuild around.

Raoul Duke
12-12-2009, 02:09 PM
That is such an ignorant statement to make I won't even attempt to dissect it, especially because you believe a team that went 0-17 is a better fit for a potential championship.

Dude, NJ is going to have Harris, Lee, Lopez, and whoever they draft next summer (possibly the 1st pick, if not then damn close) for Lebron to play with. And they have more money than NY. And they're going to be in NY themselves in two years.

What advantage do the Knicks have in terms of bargaining power? I'm sick of the speculation about 2010, but I'm even more sick of the people who assume that Lebron is going to go play for the Knicks simply because they're in New York and they're the Knicks.

Toenail Clipper
12-12-2009, 02:15 PM

He's not, who wants to go to a non-contender team?

knicks09
12-12-2009, 02:34 PM

Of course, cause he definatley wants to go to a team thats won 2 games compared to the knicks who actually are much improved on a 4 game winning streak. ok then......:facepalm:

YANKSJETSKNICKS
12-12-2009, 03:01 PM
You make it sound as if Shaq can still carry a team...

If LeBron was to leave (god forbid), the Cavs have Big Z and Shaq expiring. That's $31 million off the books and would leave Cleveland with about $18 million in cap room to play with... Enough for a max contract or a nice few players to rebuild around.

then staying with your point who would want to go to cle with no lebron...plz tell me what talent they have

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 03:15 PM
then staying with your point who would want to go to cle with no lebron...plz tell me what talent they have

They have built their team around LeBron... He is accustomed to it and he makes use of what talent they have. They have two great trading chips in Big Z and Shaq (although Shaq was bought in for the playoffs, so he won't be going anywhere). Ask the question after the trade deadline, because I have a feeling the story could be different.

Teammates aren't the only reason for LeBron staying in Cleveland. It's his hometown, they can offer him the most money etc. but being a Knick fan you're probably sick of hearing all this.

At the end of the day, I don't see him leaving Cleveland, but if he was to New Jersey (or shall we say Brooklyn) would be his best destination.

Raoul Duke
12-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Of course, cause he definatley wants to go to a team thats won 2 games compared to the knicks who actually are much improved on a 4 game winning streak. ok then......

You're missing my point. It doesn't matter what the Knicks do this year, because they won't have the same team next year. They lose every decent player they have besides Gallinari and they don't even have a 1st round pick to re-up on talent.

Compare what NY has to offer next summer's free agents to what a few other teams have to offer them...

NY- max contract, Gallinari, great coach, big media market

Miami- Chalmers, Beasley, (maybe) D-Wade, max contract, south beach, great young coach, big media market

Chicago- Rose, Deng, Noah, max contract, big media market

NJ- Harris, Lopez, Lee, Douglas-Roberts, Williams, a top pick in next year's draft, max contract, big media market

lorenz00
12-12-2009, 03:34 PM
wtf u guys talkin about king james is goin to toronto raptors!

bkmikeyy
12-12-2009, 03:37 PM
im not saying lebron is coming to new york, but the knicks have a lot more to offer than people who are just haters are saying...

young players like danilo, chandler, hill and douglas
danilo would be a PERFECT compliment to Lebron, he is the ideal sidekick for him its not even close, a guy that can space the floor for lebron and hit practically every open jumper when lebron is double teamed, not to mention a really underrated passer and defender,
hill - give the man some time and he can be a great player in this league.

lee will most likely be back
if walsh doesnt find a second good player to sign you can bet that al harrington will be back for a paycut. al is very underrated and has played incredibly well for us.

knicks will buy a late first round pick

even if they cant trade jared and eddy they will be one of the few teams with 20 million dollars of cap space again next summer. WIth another good free agency class, which free agent would not consider a knick team with lebron.

Great market, a coach that every player loves.

Make lebron an ICON if he wins here, not just a one of the best of his generation but one of the greatest to touch a basketball.

J4KOP99
12-12-2009, 03:38 PM
It's as simple as this...

LeBron is not going to NJ as long as they stay in NJ. If they somehow manage to secure that deal to build in Brooklyn, then he may possibly sign with them but honestly, there is no chance he is going. The Nets are like a minor league team. They may have some solid young talent but the location sucks, they can't sell out half of the stadium(They couldn't even sell-out when they were in the NBA finals and playoffs with Kidd, K-Mart and R-Jeff) and they can't offer his more $$ than any other team.

You guys have to understand, any team he is going to will have good talent. That is not the issue.

The main concerns:
1) Money
2)Location
3)Can the team bring in another all-star type player?(All the teams mentioned can)
4)In a business sense, what can he do financially?(This is where NY or possibly LA come up huge.)But I don't see him going to LA.

Let's say he is definitely leaving...which i don't believe to be true...

If the teams being argued are the Bulls, Heat, Knicks and Nets, I would see them ranked like this.

1)Knicks-Major City, huge media and a lot of business opportunities. People call it the greatest stage on earth for a reason. New York like none of the other cities can turn you into a hero. Winning a title in NYC is like nothing else. If he were to win a title there, people would forget he even played on the Cavs. Magic is right when he said people would remember him as a Knick for the rest of his career. Also, they can pick-up another all-star this off season.

2) Bulls- If LeBron wants to show he is the GOAT, this is the stage to do it on. Although this will always be considered MJ's town, IMO, LeBron could play on a solid roster in a great city. The thing I think that hold's him back is the earlier point about Chicago always being MJ's city. LeBron wont want to live in his shadow. I think this is Wade's destination.

3- Nets- They do have young talent and NJ, as we all know, is close to NYC. They can sign another Free-Agent to surround LeBron with talent but when it comes down to it, what does it mean to be on the New Jersey Nets? If you ask me, I would say nothing.

4- Heat- Shaq went there, won a title and yet, when you ask people about what team first comes to mind when they hear the name Shaq, they will most likely say LA. Miami is just not that big of a city, media wise and population wise, compared to NY(IMO his top choice). The Heat can surroung him with good talent, and a chance to win but so can all those other teams. Other than nice weather, what else does Miami bring to the table?

tbomlad
12-12-2009, 03:54 PM
As pathetic as the Knicks have been they're still more appealing than the city of Cleveland. Nobody wants to play in Cleveland.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I doubt Lebron will leave. They'll probably (finally) fire Mike Brown after this year and get a big time coach, make a roster move here and there, and max him out.

That being said if by some miracle he were to leave it'd defenitely be the Nets over the Knicks. They have a better squad, will have a high lottery pick, a new owner, and once they make the move to Brooklyn him and JayZ would have a marketing dream.

sintaks12
12-12-2009, 04:39 PM
They have built their team around LeBron... He is accustomed to it and he makes use of what talent they have.

You just shattered your argument for why Lebron wouldn't come to the Knicks. Don't you think Lebron knows that he would carry pretty much any team he'd play on? The bottom line is NY has more talent than a Lebron-less Cavs team. Those who disagree are either Cavs fans, stoned or just incorrect. Everyone seems to discount that NY is one trade away from letting Lebron pick any other FA he wants to join him. And the people who don't think the stage of MSG isnt alluring are just plain crazy. Lebron is an egomaniac... he LOVES the limelight. James' vanity will be the reason he goes to NY, plain and simple.

"Vanity - definitely my favorite sin." - Al Pacino

Sure... it's about the rings. Yeah, ok.

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 05:03 PM
You just shattered your argument for why Lebron wouldn't come to the Knicks. Don't you think Lebron knows that he would carry pretty much any team he'd play on? The bottom line is NY has more talent than a Lebron-less Cavs team. Those who disagree are either Cavs fans, stoned or just incorrect. Everyone seems to discount that NY is one trade away from letting Lebron pick any other FA he wants to join him. And the people who don't think the stage of MSG isnt alluring are just plain crazy. Lebron is an egomaniac... he LOVES the limelight. James' vanity will be the reason he goes to NY, plain and simple.

"Vanity - definitely my favorite sin." - Al Pacino

Sure... it's about the rings. Yeah, ok.

You're thinking is flawed. For one thing half of NY's "talent" that you speak of won't be there next year. Thats the reason they're able to afford him in the first place. Secondly he already has the most endorcemnts, limelight, in all basketball, if not all of sports so it's not like he'll all of the sudden be a big star in NY because he already is one..... So yeah, at this point, its about the rings.

But you can dream....

Lindystud36
12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I doubt Lebron will leave. They'll probably (finally) fire Mike Brown after this year and get a big time coach, make a roster move here and there, and max him out.

That being said if by some miracle he were to leave it'd defenitely be the Nets over the Knicks. They have a better squad, will have a high lottery pick, a new owner, and once they make the move to Brooklyn him and JayZ would have a marketing dream.

And Jay-Z and Lebron and A-rod could make millions together

ko8e24
12-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Lil Dez: LeBron Lebron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron

That wut 90% of PSD members here have become, and its sad :pity:

sintaks12
12-12-2009, 05:23 PM
You're thinking is flawed. For one thing half of NY's "talent" that you speak of won't be there next year. Thats the reason they're able to afford him in the first place. Secondly he already has the most endorcemnts, limelight, in all basketball, if not all of sports so it's not like he'll all of the sudden be a big star in NY because he already is one..... So yeah, at this point, its about the rings.

But you can dream....

I don't have to dream... i can't stand the guy and could care less if he joins the knicks. I'm just happy that we have flexibility. I just think it's funny that people think it's just about the rings with Lebron. I'm sure it plays a part, but certainly not the majority when it comes to a personality like his. And if you think playing at the Q is ANYTHING like playing at MSG, you're kidding yourself dude.

Hawkeye15
12-12-2009, 06:23 PM

Big market

good CLimate

cause its the CLIPPERS. No offense Clip fans, but god hates you for some reason. LeBron would tear his ACL in training camp if he signed with them

Hawkeye15
12-12-2009, 06:25 PM
of the two teams that have max salary space, NJ or NY, NJ has a much more attractive roster. I still think he stays in Cleveland

abe_froman
12-12-2009, 06:28 PM

Big market

good CLimate

because they are the clippers.they are best known for being perennial losers and injuries(sorry clip fans,but you know your history),not exactly an organizational climate players are clamoring to go to(unless they want to focus on their hollywood stuff and cant get on the lakers)

TheKing23
12-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Lil Dez: LeBron Lebron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron LeBron

That wut 90% of PSD members here have become, and its sad :pity:

Nah man, sorry but these forums are still populated by Kobe nuthuggers...

vash9
12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
i'm not saying Lebron will have a 10000000% chance of being in NJ, but think about it.

Where was Cleveland without the dude? Nowhere right?

Well, the same is going for NJ right now. We're obviously not going to the playoffs and nowhere being contenders. Add Lebron James, by the way (we just need a great sf and pf and we're good to go), and we have a chance to make the playoffs again. Knowing we have the worst record in the NBA history, Lebron gets signed to the Nets, and he'll be the savior of the team and be literally treated like a god or some sort. I think he wants that sort of icon under his belt or anything like that.

I'm not gonna bash on the Knicks, because i don't really watch them or keep up with them unless it's a Nets vs Knicks game, but yeah.

NJ, NY, and Cleveland are the places to lure Lebron.

abe_froman
12-12-2009, 06:58 PM
i'm not saying Lebron will have a 10000000% chance of being in NJ, but think about it.

Where was Cleveland without the dude? Nowhere right?

Well, the same is going for NJ right now. We're obviously not going to the playoffs and nowhere being contenders. Add Lebron James, by the way (we just need a great sf and pf and we're good to go), and we have a chance to make the playoffs again.

I'm not gonna bash on the Knicks, because i don't really watch them or keep up with them unless it's a Nets vs Knicks game, but yeah.

NJ, NY, and Cleveland are the places to lure Lebron.
but thats the thing,what would be the incentive to leave ,if the selling point is a redo of what you already went through. so yeah i dont see him coming if thats the case(what you stated).he wants a progression of that..to win rings.which means have something better then he's had and not to do it all over again

vash9
12-12-2009, 07:04 PM
but thats the thing,what would be the incentive to leave ,if the selling point is a redo of what you already went through. so yeah i dont see him coming if thats the case(what you stated).he wants a progression of that..to win rings.which means have something better then he's had and not to do it all over again

New billionaire owner. Brooklyn Stadium in 2 years. Jay-Z. Young surrounding cast.

Drunk Kosar 19
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
how about the seattle supersonics?

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 07:46 PM
New billionaire owner. Brooklyn Stadium in 2 years. Jay-Z. Young surrounding cast.

Pretty much.

Toenail Clipper
12-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Irrelevant question but who owns the Nets?
Is it Jay Z or that Russian Billionaire?

Tony_Starks
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Irrelevant question but who owns the Nets?
Is it Jay Z or that Russian Billionaire?

Russian Billionaire. Jay has a minority share. Its well documented that him and Lebron are good friends though so its not a big stretch.

Apophis
12-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Technically Ratner still owns the nets... The sale hasnt been approved by three-quarters of the NBA's 30 teams yet...

heathonater
12-13-2009, 04:23 AM
if he wants to win a title tho, not sure new york is the place unless another big name follows him there. but if he just wants to make $ from endorsements, new york is great for him then.

NYKnicks4511
12-13-2009, 04:45 AM

But you can dream....

Talent:
Gallinari - will be back
Chandler - will be back
Harrington - wants to come back, we'll see.
Douglas - will be back
Hill - will be back
Lee - will be back if his agent doesn't skyrocket his value

Cleveland's scrubs can't match up with those players without LeBron.