View Full Version : The all Overated Team

jerseykidd88
12-11-2009, 04:13 PM
in your opinion state the all overated team

pg Jameer Nelson or Rondo
sg anthony parker
sf Lamar Odom
pf Yi Jianlian
C Dwight - to me he is not the best C in the league he cant score and many people think he is the best

ManRam
12-11-2009, 04:31 PM
sg anthony parker
sf Lamar Odom
pf Yi Jianlian
C Dwight - to me he is not the best C in the league he cant score and many people think he is the best

I disagree with Rondo and Odom. I think because of the hate they get, they are actually underrated. Rondo is absolutely elite: best defensive PG in the game, amazing play maker, best penetrating PG in the game. Odom has all the talent in the world, doesn't always apply it, but when he does, he's unstoppable. I think Parker is a bum, and don't think many people will say otherwise. I understand Dwight is offensively challenged, but to say he can't score is ridiculous, and if he isn't the best, who is?

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Kevin Martin
SF: Ron Artest
PF: David West
C: David Lee (love him, but he plays absolutely ZERO defense)

Hawkeye15
12-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Rondo
K. Martin
Stephen Jackson
David West
Zach Randolph

ILLN355
12-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Andrew Bynum

ChiSox219
12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
in your opinion state the all overated team

sg anthony parker
sf Lamar Odom
pf Yi Jianlian

I disagree with Rondo and Odom. I think because of the hate they get, they are actually underrated. Rondo is absolutely elite: best defensive PG in the game, amazing play maker, best penetrating PG in the game. Odom has all the talent in the world, doesn't always apply it, but when he does, he's unstoppable. I think Parker is a bum, and don't think many people will say otherwise. I understand Dwight is offensively challenged, but to say he can't score is ridiculous, and if he isn't the best, who is?

PG: Gilbert Arenas
SG: Kevin Martin
C: David Lee (love him, but he plays absolutely ZERO defense)

Looks good, I would replace Artest with Durant.

Odom is one of the most underrated players in the NBA.

Rondo isn't underrated or overrated, he's a tremendous player that is still learning. PG's that play better defense:

Hinrich
Kidd
CP3
Westbrook
Lowry

And there are probably a couple more I'm forgetting. Rondo is a great rebounder and gets a bunch of steals but struggles at times to keep opposing PGs in front of him. Down the road he'll be better, but he's not there yet.

fairandbalanced
12-11-2009, 04:43 PM
PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Michael Redd
PF: Udonis Haslem
C: David Lee

black1605
12-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Calderon
Harris
Turkoglu
West
Jefferson

yanks19791024
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Rondo is to good to be on this list

chicago lulz
12-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Derrick Rose
John Salmons
Luol Deng
Taj Gibson
Joakim Noah

bigsams50
12-11-2009, 04:55 PM
PG Rose
SG Lee
SF Turkoglu
PF David West
C Tyson Chandler

Lakersho
12-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Andrew Bynum

and your mom...

black1605
12-11-2009, 04:56 PM
chandler overrated? everyone knows chandler blows!

BigEric
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
You people are killing me with this "Kevin Martin overrated" crap. What has he won? MIP, no. Was he ever an all star? No. Is a "known" prolific player? No. He's a scorer, and we all know it. One of the best in the league ,yes, but a scorer. No one thinks of him as a star, and no one is thinking he is. He is what he is, not overrated.

J$mo0th_3o5
12-11-2009, 04:57 PM
SG: Michael Redd
PF: Udonis Haslem

:crazy:Wtf?!

JasonJohnHorn
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
How is anthony parker overrated? I've never even heard any talk about him being great and he's never even come close to an all-star team? And Yi? Nobody's gone on about him either. Nelson I agree with, Odom I think is as good as people say and you sir, are 100% right about Howard. No offensive game or passing game, but his interior dominance still makes him an impact player on the floor, but many do give him more credit than he deserves.

PG: Kidd: was great, but he hasn't had it for a couple years now
SG: Vince Carter: never followed through on the great start he had to his career in Toronto and he's never developed his defence.
SF: Tracey McGrady: Has never lead a team out of the first round, is injury prone and while he's got game, he's just not on the level of the top tier players. And anybody whose leading voting for his position for the All-Star game without having stepped on the court yet this season is overrated.
PF: Dirk; I love Dirk, but he's just not the franchise player that Cuban and many analysts think he is.
C: Yao: For a guy his size he should be a dominant rebounder and interior defender, but he just isn't. He is still great and still an impact player, but he is injury prone, and not as dominant as the great centers before him, but people often talk as though he were.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-11-2009, 05:00 PM
SG: Andre Igaudala
SF: Hidayet Turkoglu

ChiSox219
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
SG: Andre Igaudala
SF: Hidayet Turkoglu

Wow, really?

randomness
12-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Shaquille O'Neal
David West
Hedo Turkoglu
Tracy McGrady
Jason Kidd

49ERS LEGACY530
12-11-2009, 05:10 PM
about a year ago everyone was saying kevin martin was underated, now hes overated? the guy is clearly one of the best scores in the nba, not players but scorers. he gets 25 ppg on about 15 shots and is one of the best in the leauge at getting to the foul line... hes solid on D, a good rebounder, can get to the hole. his problem is he cant stay healthy, but that doesnt make him overated

also how is rondo overated? the guy almost gets a triple double every game?

bynum has the same problem martin has, cant stay healthy. if he can then he will be one of the best centers in the leauge... just cause he cant stay healthy doesnt make him over R, when hes healthy he gets the job done. this year is his break out year

my list

david west, ray allen, shaq,

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Wow, really?

YES, the guy can only dunk and throw bricks all night long!

mikantsass
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
My all overrated team:

PG- Tie between Rose and Mo Williams
SG- Jason Terry
SF- Hedo Turkoglu
PF- Lamar Odom
C- Bogut

Agent008
12-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I think that all of these players are good, but they're overrated. But I guess that you have to be pretty good in the first place to get called overrated.

PG - Mo Williams (Lebron made him an all-star)
SG - Michael Redd (A good shooter, but little else)
SF - Rudy Gay (Scores a lot on a bad team)
PF - David Lee (Can rebound, but scoring is a product of D'Antoni's system)
C - Andrew Bynum (gets way too much love just because he plays on LA)

TheKing23
12-11-2009, 05:26 PM
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Danilo Gallinari
SF: Hedo Turkoglu
PF: Andrea Bargnani
C: Andrew Bynum

I'm interested to know why people think David West is overrated. I understand there were maybe more deserving players when he got an all-star call up last year (hardly his fault, voted in by the coaches), but this guy is a 20/10 threat every night, with ine of the best mid range jumpers in the league.

TheKing23
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
How is anthony parker overrated? I've never even heard any talk about him being great and he's never even come close to an all-star team? And Yi? Nobody's gone on about him either. Nelson I agree with, Odom I think is as good as people say and you sir, are 100% right about Howard. No offensive game or passing game, but his interior dominance still makes him an impact player on the floor, but many do give him more credit than he deserves.

PG: Kidd: was great, but he hasn't had it for a couple years now
SG: Vince Carter: never followed through on the great start he had to his career in Toronto and he's never developed his defence.
SF: Tracey McGrady: Has never lead a team out of the first round, is injury prone and while he's got game, he's just not on the level of the top tier players. And anybody whose leading voting for his position for the All-Star game without having stepped on the court yet this season is overrated.
PF: Dirk; I love Dirk, but he's just not the franchise player that Cuban and many analysts think he is.
C: Yao: For a guy his size he should be a dominant rebounder and interior defender, but he just isn't. He is still great and still an impact player, but he is injury prone, and not as dominant as the great centers before him, but people often talk as though he were.

Shaquille O'Neal
David West
Hedo Turkoglu
Tracy McGrady
Jason Kidd

Why? Because he's only averaging 8.5 points a game? He's never been a scorer so that's not a problem. He's still averaging 9 assists a game and that's what he's there for... One of the greatest passers of all time.

Vidball
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I remember when a thread like this was started this past summer and just about every other poster was saying Andrew Bynum....most actually realize he's good now

PG Nate Robinson
SG Vince Carter
SF Shawn Marion
PF David West
C Marcus Camby

MTone8788
12-11-2009, 05:34 PM
YES, the guy can only dunk and throw bricks all night long!

I'm a huge Sixers fan and an Iguodala fan and I'm surprised the other guy would say "wow really". I agree with Kobe24, Iguodala flatout cannot shoot the ball. He averages 19.5, 7, and 6.. but those stats feel a little empty with only five wins.

I think iguodala is at his best when he sticks to attacking the rim and drawing attention and creating off opportunities, or finishing.

Raoul Duke
12-11-2009, 05:34 PM
sg anthony parker
sf Lamar Odom
pf Yi Jianlian

That has to be the worst list of overrated players ever concieved. Great work!

ChiSox219
12-11-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm a huge Sixers fan and an Iguodala fan and I'm surprised the other guy would say "wow really". I agree with Kobe24, Iguodala flatout cannot shoot the ball. He averages 19.5, 7, and 6.. but those stats feel a little empty with only five wins.

I think iguodala is at his best when he sticks to attacking the rim and drawing attention and creating off opportunities, or finishing.

In addition to his offensive contributions, Iggy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. If you don't want him because his jump shot is inconsistent, we've got some expirings for you in Chicago.

I think if he had to, Iguodala could play PG better than half of the current PGs in the league. He's a fantastic player and he's more underrated than overrated.

Someone else listed Andrew Bogut, another player that is extremely underrated.

kvrnm
12-11-2009, 05:53 PM
lol at some of these lists... just terrible

Lakerfan In NY
Some of these guys have to had been "rated" to be considered "overrated" some of the players that are being selected onto this list have never been rated as anything more than a good players. but my list is:

PG (3)- M. Bibby/K. Hinrich/J. Calderon- where have they gone since they signed their deals?
SG-V. Carter-the most overrated superstar in NBA History.
SF- H. Turkoglu-Contract yr gold. but went right back to his old ways
PF-D. West-had a spark but it's gone now. time to re-invite yourself West.
C-A. Jefferson-I personally think he is top three center right now, but it's time for him to grow-up & lead his team, I've been hearing that he is a top young center for like 5yr now, how long should we wait for him to make his teammates better. Until than all that talent is making him overrated b/c no one including himself is getting better.

ShockerArt
That has to be the worst list of overrated players ever concieved. Great work!

I was thinking that too. Howard, Odom and Rondo are all excellent players, and who the hell is hyping up Parker or Yi to the point that they are overrated?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Who ever says Lamar Odom is overrated are fools?

When he starts he can average 15+points 10+rebounds 5+assists 1 steal 1 block!

mikantsass
12-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Who ever says Lamar Odom is overrated are fools?

When he starts he can average 15+points 10+rebounds 5+assists 1 steal 1 block!

This is why he is overrated, he can average these stats while playing for a 20win Clippers team. On a championship contending team he is nothing more than a bench player.

sp1derm00
12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
I do not understand why Andrew Bynum is overrated.

To say this last year, fine. He was having a good year, got injured, and people were anticipating his return to be great... it wasn't.

This year however, he has shown to be a consistent 20/10 guy in the absence of Pau, and when Pau returned, his numbers dropped, as to be expected... the guy is still a solid 20/11 guy that plays defense.

This is three consecutive years Bynum has shown that he can be an explosive player when he's healthy, and though he had freak accidents in the first two years, him coming back this year and putting up 20/11 while Pau was gone pretty much cements that the kid's got tremendous game.

What is up with all the LA hate?

Odom, Artest, and Bynum are all overrated?

Odom is one of the NBA's most unselfish players. He was great for us last year as a starter and has agreed to come off the bench... how many stars of his caliber would do that? Odom is a 15/9/4 player when starting and he's NOT EVEN AN ALL-STAR. I do not get any part of how he's underrated.

Artest... c'mon, REALLY? No one ever mentioned Artest being overrated before he became a Laker. Now that he's a Laker, he's getting all sorts of hate. Artest is a guy that everyone thought would create problems for the Lakers off the court. He hasn't done anything of the sort, and has actually made LA one of the best defensive teams in the league. LA is leading the league in opponent FG% and opponent 3-FG% despite being criticized as a "soft defensive team" last season. Artest hasn't demanded the ball at ALL. This is a guy that was "the man" on his previous two teams, and he's deferring to Kobe, Pau, AND Bynum on this team. His dedication to winning and the defense he brings alone keeps him off the list. He's making the MLE, he's gone from #1 option to #4 and fine with it, he's showing why he's one of the top defenders in the league... and HE'S OVERRATED? Btw, he's a 1-time all-star...

There is no justification for hating on these players...

At SF there's Hedo Turkoglu who is worse than both Artest and Odom. Why is he not on every list in this thread with the ridiculous salary and hype surrounding this guy in recent years? No idea. If not just on recent hype and purely on salary alone... AK47 is ridiculous. He's getting paid 3 times what Artest is, was a 1-time all star just like Artest, and Artest is hands down a better player.

At PF, Odom as a starter is a 15/9/4 guy who has never made the all-star team. Odom as a bench player is putting up 9/9/4, still not an all-star, and is a 5th option on his team. I do not understand how he's overrated as he can start on a lot of teams right now and put up 15/9/4 and still not come close to getting an all-star bid. The guy is unselfish and doesn't demand the spotlight in anything he does. He sets up his team mates for the spotlight. I would agree that Odom could be viewed as overrated if he were even considered a dominant player or a starter and putting up the numbers he is now (off the bench). He's not.

At C, REALLY?! Andrew Bynum? Currently putting up 18/9 on a championship caliber team playing alongside Pau who also puts up 17/11? Never been an all-star and has put up good numbers for 3 consecutive years while healthy? Put up 20/11 as the main starting C while Pau was out. Are you guys sure you don't wanna put someone else like, hrmmm, Andrea Bargnani here?

kvrnm
12-11-2009, 06:08 PM
the only player i felt was overrated was jose calderon, not so much this year, but in previous years raps fans were hyping him up big time on psd anyways.

GoatMilk
12-11-2009, 06:11 PM
This is why he is overrated, he can average these stats while playing for a 20win Clippers team. On a championship contending team he is nothing more than a bench player.

have you seen the lakers starting line-up?

pf289
12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I remember when a thread like this was started this past summer and just about every other poster was saying Andrew Bynum....most actually realize he's good now

PG Nate Robinson
SG Vince Carter
SF Shawn Marion
PF David West
C Marcus Camby

Thank you. Finally a good list.

pd7631
12-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Agreed.

Andre Iguodala is just the best player on a horrible team. Send him off to a good team and he fades away(unfortunately not his contract though). He was much more valuable during AI's first stint in Philly. He was a better shooter, and defender back then. Now all he does is take heavily contested turnaround jumpers, or awkward shots when he drives because he cannot create a shot for himself...period. His numbers have only gone up by default. He's overpaid, and all that money has gone to his head.

Very few Sixer fans would be sad to see him and his contract go for an expiring and a 1st round pick.

Now if only we could move EB's fat contract with him....

sp1derm00
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM

No, but not like you've been following Laker basketball or anything to understand Odom's role.

Two years ago, we were championship contending with Pau... Odom put up 14/10/4.

Odom can put up those numbers on a contending team, but he's our most unselfish player. He knows that our team is more effective if he comes off the bench. Bynum is younger and wouldn't react as well as Odom has to coming off the bench.

He's never been an all-star, but puts up solid numbers consistently as a starter. He isn't viewed as a dominant player or even regarded as an all-star type player, he's just viewed as a solid player, which he is. He's also invaluable on a championship caliber team because of his unselfishness... I mean, he's coming off the bench when he could start for almost any other team in the NBA. Put a value on that.

LALakersKC
12-11-2009, 06:14 PM
SG- Paul Pierce
SF- Hedo Turkoglu
PF- David West
C- Bogut

kvrnm
12-11-2009, 06:17 PM
SG- Paul Pierce
SF- Hedo Turkoglu
PF- David West
C- Bogut

i knew we would get a bitter laker fan that would say paul pierce haha

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM

:facepalm:

OPEN YOUR EYES HATER!

Odom is one of the NBA's most unselfish players. He was great for us last year as a starter and has agreed to come off the bench... how many stars of his caliber would do that? Odom is a 15/9/4 player when starting and he's NOT EVEN AN ALL-STAR. I do not get any part of how he's underrated.

At PF, Odom as a starter is a 15/9/4 guy who has never made the all-star team. Odom as a bench player is putting up 9/9/4, still not an all-star, and is a 5th option on his team. I do not understand how he's overrated as he can start on a lot of teams right now and put up 15/9/4 and still not come close to getting an all-star bid. The guy is unselfish and doesn't demand the spotlight in anything he does. He sets up his team mates for the spotlight. I would agree that Odom could be viewed as overrated if he were even considered a dominant player or a starter and putting up the numbers he is now (off the bench). He's not.

JordansBulls
12-11-2009, 06:18 PM
The intentions behind the thread were good, I just don't see how this wont upset fans of a certain player or team by listing them as the topic states.