PDA

View Full Version : LA Lakers, Boston Celtics, Orlando Magic - Upcoming Games and Schedule

JordansBulls
12-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Upcoming games for the 3 powerhouse teams.

As we all know, the top 3 teams in the league at the moment according to their records are the Lakers (17-3), Celtics (17-4), and Magic (17-4). Let's take a look at their upcoming schedules for a moment.

Los Angeles
Has only played 4 road games so far. Until they face Cleveland on Christmas, their next games are against:

Minnesota
@Utah
@Chicago
@Milwaukee
@New Jersey
@Detroit
Oklahoma City

...5 games on the road but these 7 teams have a combined record of 54-94 (0.365). They could conceivably win every single one of these games, stretching their current 10-game win streak to 16 before they meet the Cavs.

Boston
Has played a more balanced schedule, with 11 games at home and 10 away so far. Until they face Orlando on Christmas, their next games are against:

@Washington
@Chicago
@Memphis
Philadelphia
Minnesota
Indiana
...teams with a combined record of 37-94 (0.282). Here's another team that should win each of these games leading up to Christmas day. That would stretch their win-streak to 14 games before they face the Magic.

Orlando
Has played 12 road games versus 9 at home. Let's take a look at who they face before playing Boston on December 25:

@Utah
@Phoenix
Indiana
Toronto
@Miami
Portland
Utah
Houston
...noticeably more difficult opponents than LA and Boston will face, these teams share a combined record of 92-79 (0.538) and Orlando will be squeezing in 2 more games in the same time-span than their league-leading rivals.

Wilson
12-10-2009, 09:48 AM
The Lakers' schedule will heat up eventually :p

We have a road trip in January which starts in Cleveland and has a stop in Boston near the end. We play Philly as well who could be rocking and rolling by then. That should tell us where the Lakers are.

Magic25
12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
i can't wait play La Lakers and rematch against the Cavs.

Raph12
12-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Damn Orlando has some tough opponents, plus two extra games, compared to the other two "Top 3" teams. Both LA and Boston seem to have extremely light schedules ahead of them before X-Mas. But never count Orlando out; with Howard, Carter, Lewis and Nelson healthy, this is the team to beat in the East IMO.

Raidaz4Life
12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
It will be interesting to see how these three are doing by Christmas

ManRam
12-10-2009, 12:57 PM
At least LA finally gets on the road...even if it's against poor teams. Orlando is going to show what it's made of over this upcoming stretch. Every game is vs. a quality team. I'm excited.

JordansBulls
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I think that Orlando vs Boston and Cleveland vs LA game on Christmas will be hyped up.

ko8e24
12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I think the Orlando Boston game on Christmas day is gonna be much better than the Lakers Cavs game. Lakers will blowout the Cavs while Boston-Orlando will be a close contest.

Mavrix
12-10-2009, 06:00 PM
NBA obviously wants to see a Lakers/Celtics finals matchup.

Rigged *** NBA

MTar786
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
i have a feeling the lakers will win every game and then lose to cleveland (which will have the cavs end the streak at 16 or so).. If im correct then i really believe the nba is rigged.

Remember last year boston had a HUGE win streak snapped on christmas to LA

tr4shb0t
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM

Rigged *** NBA

no, that's just what most people want to see on christmas. everyone said a similar thing last year: "stern wants lakers/cavs finals obviously." it was mainly because of the hype. i don't see how that is rigged. lakers were #1 in west and cavs were #1 in east. it didn't happen but it would make the most sense actually. its just a lame excuse for teams that dont make it

ko8e24
12-10-2009, 07:53 PM
i have a feeling the lakers will win every game and then lose to cleveland (which will have the cavs end the streak at 16 or so).. If im correct then i really believe the nba is rigged.

Remember last year boston had a HUGE win streak snapped on christmas to LA

but the game will be in LA, so I don't see the streak ending at home

JordansBulls
12-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Hopefully the Bulls take care of LA like in 2002.:D

Wilson
12-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Rigged *** NBA

Since when do teams win championships in December?

If the NBA wanted a Lakers/Celtics finals enough to rig their schedules, wouldn't the easy stretch come at the end so they could get healthy and rested? :eyebrow:

Kakaroach
12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I think that Orlando vs Boston and Cleveland vs LA game on Christmas will be hyped up. Eh Christmas games are always hyped, and last year the Spurs-Suns game was really good. :shrug:

theimortalone
12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I think the Orlando Boston game on Christmas day is gonna be much better than the Lakers Cavs game. Lakers will blowout the Cavs while Boston-Orlando will be a close contest.

:rolleyes:
Of course leave it to a Laker fan to say something like that.

Raph12
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Since when do teams win championships in December?

If the NBA wanted a Lakers/Celtics finals enough to rig their schedules, wouldn't the easy stretch come at the end so they could get healthy and rested? :eyebrow:

If the NBA didn't want the Lakers and Celtics in the Finals, there wouldn't be such a long easy stretch to begin with, now would it? :eyebrow:

I'm just playing, who cares what the schedule looks like, it all works out to be the same.

JordansBulls
12-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Eh Christmas games are always hyped, and last year the Spurs-Suns game was really good. :shrug:

It is because nothing is open other than the movie theatres on Christmas day.

KeithLBC
12-11-2009, 01:58 AM

:rolleyes:
Of course leave it to a Laker fan to say something like that.

Quit whining, he said it's his opinion.

_KB24_
12-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Damn, I hope we don't take these upcoming games lightly.....We are the odds on favorite to win every remaining game in the schedule minus maybe a couple..........Continue to play how your playing boys!

JordansBulls
12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Damn, I hope we don't take these upcoming games lightly.....We are the odds on favorite to win every remaining game in the schedule minus maybe a couple..........Continue to play how your playing boys!

You can take the Chicago game off if you like.:)

JordansBulls
12-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Orlando already 0-2 on their road trip.

Raph12
12-12-2009, 04:48 PM
Orlando already 0-2 on their road trip.

3-2 to finish the 5-game road trip, to be exact.

Up 18 in Utah and comeback from 19 down in Phoenix, only to lose both.

JordansBulls
12-12-2009, 07:30 PM
3-2 to finish the 5-game road trip, to be exact.

Up 18 in Utah and comeback from 19 down in Phoenix, only to lose both.

Yeah that is not good, but I wouldn't worry about it especially with Jameer out and also the fact Dwight only had 1 FGA.