PDA

View Full Version : How big of a blunder was New York's draft this year?

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 10:51 PM
They took Jordan Hill instead of Jennings? are you kidding me?

FlakeyFool
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
your team drafted 2 point guards and neither of them were jennings :facepalm:

Evolution23
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM

How big of a blunder was every team in the NBA that didn't draft Brandon Jennings?

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
People gotta look past Jennings 55 point night....what has he been shooting since? 33%?

sofargone
12-08-2009, 10:57 PM
your team drafted 2 point guards and neither of them were jennings :facepalm:

No one knew Jennings would have been as good as he is. That's why he was drafted so late. This thread is unnecessary, but i agree with it! :D

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:57 PM
We did get TD who is playing well in limited mins.

Gallo is starting to show his talent.

Jordan Hill still a ? but he showed Flashes with his athleticism and mid range jump shot.

Evolution23
12-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Why do people love to hate on the Knicks so much?

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 11:01 PM

this is just a response thread from a knicks fan hating on the wolves

sofargone
12-08-2009, 11:02 PM
This is gonna get ugly.

FlakeyFool
No one knew Jennings would have been as good as he is. That's why he was drafted so late. This thread is unnecessary, but i agree with it! :D

he could very well end up being the brandon roy of the draft.

jetsfan89
obvious baiting is obvious.

Evolution23
12-08-2009, 11:04 PM
this is just a response thread from a knicks fan hating on the wolves

lol like who? most of us knick fans keep it classy, lets not start a little e-fight over draft night.:)

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 11:07 PM
lol like who? most of us knick fans keep it classy, lets not start a little e-fight over draft night.:)

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433294

Evolution23
12-08-2009, 11:12 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433294

Firstlly just because his name is Tony Starks doesn't mean he's a Knicks fan... 2nd just because he made a thread about the Wolves messing up the draft doesn't mean you go back and retaliate like a child.

GodsSon
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
dont forget passing up on DeMar :D

sofargone
12-08-2009, 11:26 PM
dont forget passing up on DeMar :D

he played sick tonight! he's getting good

BigEric
12-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Stop making Jennings this great god of the 09 class. Give all of these guys a few years before we start judging.

Giaps
12-08-2009, 11:36 PM
LOL @ a Minny fan hating on the Knicks draft. Lots of people passed on Jennings and Hill is a project. Lots of people were saying the same **** about Gallinari last year. Stop hating.

reemy
12-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Stop making Jennings this great god of the 09 class. Give all of these guys a few years before we start judging.

evans<<<jennings

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 11:38 PM
LOL @ a Minny fan hating on the Knicks draft. Lots of people passed on Jennings and Hill is a project. Lots of people were saying the same **** about Gallinari last year. Stop hating.

for some reason all I can think about now is rainbows

NYKnicks4511
12-08-2009, 11:39 PM

Dudes just mad that his GM has an IQ lower than Minny's win total ;P

Also, Einstein Kahn drafted 3 PG's....none of which were Brandon Jennings.
This thread = GENIUS! Flynn has been less than spectacular, Rubio arguably will never suit up for you guys, and he traded Lawson who has been better than Flynn.

Stop hating on the kid when the most minutes he's played in a single game has been 16. He's shown flashes, he can hit the jumper, defend pretty well, and block shots. We'll take his development into discussion when he actually gets some legitimate playing time.

Kakaroach
12-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Toney Douglas excels in the run-n-gun, should be interesting to see how he turns out, but the real question is Jordan Hill. This guy was supposedly a top 5 pick but can't get on the court.

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 11:41 PM
its ok, I realize that this draft was not the Knicks focus as they will obviously have Lebron, Wade and Bosh all playing for them next year

NYKnicks4511
12-08-2009, 11:42 PM
evans<<<jennings

I think you might have to reverse the signs there bud. I'm a big Jennings fan and I wanted him to get drafted by NYK, but if I had a choice between the two I'd take Evans. Guy is a freak athlete, his potential matches that of Jennings and he's got a big body + size and speed combo.

IrespectNumber3
12-08-2009, 11:43 PM
First of All...lets actually go back to the draft... 1 2 were good pick ups any team in the NBA wouldve made those moves

1 Blake Griffin, 2 Thabeet,3 Tyreke Evans *Shouldve went here* 4 Rubio *still shouldve went here Who knew he was gonna be unavailable, 5 James Harden 6 Johnny Flynn 7 Stephen Curry

So the Knicks had

Jordan Hill
Derozan
Jennings on the board

Considering the fact that they Gallinari, Al Harrington, David Lee, Jared Jeffries and considering the fact how bad they wanted Lebron James

Yes, this was a very stupid decision. Even trading the pick at the time wouldve been a better Idea, because even if Jordan Hill is good there not going to have any room for him on the team.

BigEric
12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
evans<<<jennings

Not even.

bringbackfredex
12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I think it's quite obvious to all of us that the Knicks draft like the Oakland Raiders of basketball...

But so what, why do we need to make a thread about this?

Mauersota
12-08-2009, 11:49 PM
This thread wasn't needed.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 11:49 PM
First of All...lets actually go back to the draft... 1 2 were good pick ups any team in the NBA wouldve made those moves

1 Blake Griffin, 2 Thabeet,3 Tyreke Evans *Shouldve went here* 4 Rubio *still shouldve went here Who knew he was gonna be unavailable, 5 James Harden 6 Johnny Flynn 7 Stephen Curry

So the Knicks had

Jordan Hill
Derozan
Jennings on the board

Considering the fact that they Gallinari, Al Harrington, David Lee, Jared Jeffries and considering the fact how bad they wanted Lebron James

Yes, this was a very stupid decision. Even trading the pick at the time wouldve been a better Idea, because even if Jordan Hill is good there not going to have any room for him on the team.

8 guys are coming off the books next year so we might not have lee and Al.

Who would had played PF/C.

Why Draft Derozan if we have chandler and Gallo.

And BJ well 9 other teams passed on him as well.

NYKnicks4511
12-08-2009, 11:55 PM

So the Knicks had

Jordan Hill
Derozan
Jennings on the board

False sir. Harrington and Lee are likely to walk free after this year unless we get them on the cheap. Jeffries is a Center/SF rather than a PF in D'antoni's offense depending on the opponent. We needed shot blocking and a post presence, so we took the 2nd best big man in the draft.

What does that have to do with LeBron? Even if we get LeBron and he plays the 4 position, Hill can easily play Center as we've been relying on a 6'9'' David Lee as our center for the past two seasons. Our lineup would look like: PG, SG, Gallo, LBJ, Hill.

You can't justify it as a stupid decision because its just not true that we 'dont have enough room', or 'Jared Jeffries is there!'. Time will tell, and that includes Jennings and the majority of the Top 10 in last years draft.

29$JerZ
12-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Besides this being an obvious reaction to the Minny Blunder thread, here are the facts.

9 Teams passed on Brandon
Minnesota took 2 PG's before Brandon
Donnie Walsh went to Scout him but Jennings was a no show. No Show is not a way to impress a potential employer.
No one in this draft looks like a big star as of now.
Lee and AL may not come back next year, who would play PF/C
We needed defense up Front
Golden State took the guard we wanted so Hill wasn't our first,second,third choice,etc
He was the BPA with a ton of potential and makes up for 2010 for Utah having our 1st rounder.

I can go on and on

Point is, BJ had 1 great game and has fallen. He is showing why scouts weren't totally on board with picking him high. He scored 55 on GS, not exactly a defensive juggernaut.

I'm happy with the Hill pick. End of story.

BigEric
12-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Besides this being an obvious reaction to the Minny Blunder thread, here are the facts.

Donnie Walsh went to Scout him but Jennings was a no show. No Show is not a way to impress a potential employer.
Golden State took the guard we wanted so Hill wasn't our first,second,third choice,etc
He was the BPA with a ton of potential and makes up for 2010 for Utah having our 1st rounder.

I can go on and on

Point is, BJ had 1 great game and has fallen. He is showing why scouts weren't totally on board with picking him high. He scored 55 on GS, not exactly a defensive juggernaut.

Very nice post.

ManRam
12-09-2009, 12:13 AM
People gotta look past Jennings 55 point night....what has he been shooting since? 33%?

Jennings has not been really that good this year, besides that one game. Take it out, he's averaging 17 points, and shooting less than 40%. People we really quick to overrate him. The Bucks are losing games now too.

Evans>Jennings

arkanian215
12-09-2009, 12:20 AM
eh you win some you lose some.

Giaps
12-09-2009, 12:21 AM
Evans >>>>> Jennings

BigEric
12-09-2009, 12:28 AM
That's how Jennings is. He will go 20-29 FG, 7-8 3PT, and like 11-15 FT's, but you can expect 4-18's and 5 of 16's and numbers like that. Jennings is hit or miss. He's got all the talent, his biggest thing will be consistancy, which is Tyreke's strong point.

SeoulBeatz
12-09-2009, 12:50 AM
That's how Jennings is. He will go 20-29 FG, 7-8 3PT, and like 11-15 FT's, but you can expect 4-18's and 5 of 16's and numbers like that. Jennings is hit or miss. He's got all the talent, his biggest thing will be consistancy, which is Tyreke's strong point.

i love tyrekes game, reminds me a lot of andre iguodala with less athleticism and better shooting ability.

great pick kings, but what are u gonna do with Kevin Martin?

DerekRE_3
12-09-2009, 12:59 AM
i love tyrekes game, reminds me a lot of andre iguodala with less athleticism and better shooting ability.

great pick kings, but what are u gonna do with Kevin Martin?

5 games isn't enough to see if they can co-exist. I'm excited to see what happens when he comes back and if Paul Westphal can integrate Martin back into the offense. People assume that Martin needs the ball in his hands to score when it's actually quite the opposite. His strength is moving off the ball and coming off screens. He is sooo much more efficient when he is doing that. The only player that moves better without the ball than Martin does is probably Rip Hamilton. With Tyreke being the primary ball handler, he takes a ton of pressure off of Martin and if everything goes well I think Martin will average less points, but go back to being the guy that averaged 20 PPG on 12 shots a game and a 47% FG.

I'm not saying it will for sure work out, but it's too soon to say that it won't and I think there is a chance that it will. Martin doesn't really have much of an ego and won't have a problem being the #2 guy to Tyreke. He actually wanted the Kings to draft Evans for this very reason. Now if it doesn't work out, then I'd want to trade Martin for a big. We have no size off the bench with our 3 tallest players all starting.

DerekRE_3
12-09-2009, 01:00 AM

Yep after a slow start, Evans has been insanely consistent.

reemy
12-09-2009, 01:02 AM
Not even.

yea i kno, evans is better when you think about it.

knickjames23
12-09-2009, 01:20 AM
evans is a beast ... i imagine when martin and garcia comes back the back court gonna be pretty solid

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Everyone knew Evans was more NBA ready than anyone outside Griffin. The play from the first 20 games of the season is no indication on how these young guards will rank in a couple of years

colinskik
12-09-2009, 11:22 AM
i would much rather have Evans than Jennings, and frankly would rather have Hill than Jennings

KnicksorBust
12-09-2009, 11:24 AM

I can go on and on

I agree with everything in this post.

Jennings has not been really that good this year, besides that one game. Take it out, he's averaging 17 points, and shooting less than 40%. People we really quick to overrate him. The Bucks are losing games now too.

Evans>Jennings

Evans >>>>> Jennings

x3

All Jennings needs now is a blog, an injury, and a big contract...

Everyone knew Evans was more NBA ready than anyone outside Griffin. The play from the first 20 games of the season is no indication on how these young guards will rank in a couple of years

I'd love for you to elaborate on that with specific examples of how their current rankings will change.

Super.
12-09-2009, 11:26 AM

Because everyone hates NY?

sturge
12-09-2009, 11:27 AM

At this stage, yeah cant argue with you, but any other GM at time would have done the same. And if you actually look at what Hill has produced in very VERY limited minutes i think there is potential, the kid is a massive project, and granted not a quick fix the Knicks needed but i honestly believe in a couple of years we will have a beast of a player there

But he does need more playing time to develop, his game is raw and experience is what he needs. Still the right pick

pebloemer
12-09-2009, 11:38 AM

If you think people need to look past Jennings big night and are quoting his shooting percentage since in a negative light, why are you starting a thread claiming NY messed up so badly by not taking him. Very flip floppy.

You either think very highly of Jennings - which would make no sense since you proceed to bash others for being excited by him just a few posts later

OR

You think very poorly of Hill after 20 games in his rookie season - which is a terrible sample size to evaluate a rookie. Not to mention he hasn't played in half the game and the ones he did play in he is averaging 8 mpg. He has played 80 minutes in the NBA in his CAREER. Bashing him is a little premature don't you think?

I am curious. Do you think super highly of Jennings to make this thread, or super poorly of Hill. And why?

loki34
12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
You don't know what you got yet to say its a bad draft.
Coach D doesn't play the rookies much

Giaps
12-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Because everyone hates NY?
Little brother syndrome?

jim51990
12-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Hill will be a good nba player just needs time and jennings is good but he's not the second coming once teams get used to him he's gunna fall down to earth

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I'd love for you to elaborate on that with specific examples of how their current rankings will change.

really? so 20 games is enough for you to rank players , and you are comfortable those rankings will never change? You evaluate quickly. Should become an NBA scout

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
at this point though, Evans is clearly the ROY, at least 1/4 the way thru

KnicksorBust
12-09-2009, 02:40 PM
really? so 20 games is enough for you to rank players , and you are comfortable those rankings will never change? You evaluate quickly. Should become an NBA scout

After 20 games player rankings will never change. Yea that's what I said. :rolleyes: I do think it's enough to form an opinion though.

In general players who perform well to start their career outperform players who play poorly to start their career. That's just common sense. For example, I think Evans will be a better player than Stephen Curry. The way you phrased it in your post you made it sound like you had specific players that you thought were overperforming/underperforming so I wanted to know who you meant.

JayAllDay
12-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Somebody's super butt hurt

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 02:51 PM
After 20 games player rankings will never change. Yea that's what I said. :rolleyes: I do think it's enough to form an opinion though.

In general players who perform well to start their career outperform players who play poorly to start their career. That's just common sense. For example, I think Evans will be a better player than Stephen Curry. The way you phrased it in your post you made it sound like you had specific players that you thought were overperforming/underperforming so I wanted to know who you meant.

haha, you know I was messing with you, no worries.
I think 20 games is enough to form an opinion, but a weak one. Billups for instance took years before he turned into the dominating PG he is. Some guys, like Evans, come in with an NBA body, already developed, into a team that gives them 36 mpg, and total freedom. Others need to develop, not only physically, but as a player. While I agree that Evans will be better then Curry, I am not so sure Flynn, Jennings, or DeRozan doesn't turn out better then him. And that is based of a 20 game evaluation, so I could be totally wrong

Bob_at_york
12-09-2009, 02:52 PM
How can it be called a blunder if Hill hasn't even gotten a chance to prove himself? I would like to see him get some consistent minutes before we start looking back at how the Knicks picked.

runforrestrunx9
12-09-2009, 03:03 PM
how did the wolves take 3 PGs in the 1st round in which 2 havent played on their team and none of which r either Jennings or Tyreke Evans...

What is this thread?:facepalm:

rhymeratic
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Listen, people in the league know Jordan Hill can play. He could start if we really wanted to push youth movement but right now we're better off developing him in the background rather than playing him. We can't afford to tank year with the amount of talent we have. The dude will post 16pts 8rebs 1.5 blocks as a starter no question, BUT RIGHT NOW his stats won't win us games. Not yet offensively. Until we can get him to play at same level as David Lee, no dice...

Trouble87
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
this whole thread is ridiculous

J. Hill hasn't even got a chance to play consistent minutes but people are saying he was a bad pick?

hater at best

and someone please tell me why a Timberwolves fan is talking about draft blunders?

yall had 3 picks and couldve rebuilt that teams core in one draft... but NY was the one who blundered?

you want draft blunders just take a look at Minnesota's draft history & draft day trades

yall traded away more talent than you have on your current roster

06 Brandon Roy
08 OJ Mayo
08 Mario Chalmers
09 Ty Lawson

all drafted Timberwolves and ALL traded...

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
its interesting. NY fans could have cared less about the Wolves until Rubio was drafted. For some weird reason, Knicks fans think they are entitled to Rubio, or any player they want for that matter as we will see when LeBron shuns them.
NY's franchise is mostly a series of blunders. How can a team with that big of a market, unlimited resources, no care about salary cap, be a mediocre team year in and year out? You are not entitled to anything. Your last 4 lottery picks are Hill, Gallinari (jury still out), Frye, and Sweetney. Not exactly blowing it out of the water.

And for the last time, the Wolves won the Mayo trade. At least so far. If you need me to explain it to you, I would be more then happy, but something tells me you will not understand it anyways

AddiX
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
this whole thread is ridiculous

J. Hill hasn't even got a chance to play consistent minutes but people are saying he was a bad pick?

hater at best

and someone please tell me why a Timberwolves fan is talking about draft blunders?

yall had 3 picks and couldve rebuilt that teams core in one draft... but NY was the one who blundered?

you want draft blunders just take a look at Minnesota's draft history & draft day trades

yall traded away more talent than you have on your current roster

06 Brandon Roy
08 OJ Mayo
08 Mario Chalmers
09 Ty Lawson

all drafted Timberwolves and ALL traded...

LOL :facepalm:

Only the TWolves can find a way to have 3 1st rounders and leave the draft with only one player.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 04:55 PM
btw, the Chalmers deal was made right before the Love trade, so we had no clue we would be moving players to accomodate him. Lawson didn't fit the picture, we just took 2 PG's, and now have Charlotte's #1 for him. The Roy trade I have touched on here. Huge mistake, yes, but it may very well have just staved off the rebuilding process even longer

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 04:56 PM
the concept of value is not common in these boards. Thank god none of you are GMs

29$JerZ
12-09-2009, 05:07 PM
its interesting. NY fans could have cared less about the Wolves until Rubio was drafted. For some weird reason, Knicks fans think they are entitled to Rubio, or any player they want for that matter as we will see when LeBron shuns them.
NY's franchise is mostly a series of blunders. How can a team with that big of a market, unlimited resources, no care about salary cap, be a mediocre team year in and year out? You are not entitled to anything. Your last 4 lottery picks are Hill, Gallinari (jury still out), Frye, and Sweetney. Not exactly blowing it out of the water.

And for the last time, the Wolves won the Mayo trade. At least so far. If you need me to explain it to you, I would be more then happy, but something tells me you will not understand it anyways

Knicks fans aren't entitled to anything, most fans talk highly of their team even if they are doing bad. It's what being a fan is.

When you have Layden/Isiah running the show, your bound to crash. Trading Pat Ewing's expiring contract for a bunch of overpaid bums, trading for guys way past their prime (Marbury,Francis), trading for guys who are not winners (Zach), trading future picks. Any team would be at the bottom with those two making moves.

Knicks lottery picks have been serviceable at best, Gallinari is the only one who looks like he'll be close to a star in this league: as will Hill.

As for the Mayo trade it's still a 50-50 move. Love does look like a solid player in the mold of Lee and you have AL so its a nice front court. Backcourt players could always be found like what Minny did in this draft.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
The Mayo-Love trade had more then just them. Minnesota got rid of dead weight with longer deals, and took back dead weight with shorter deals. They got Mike Miller, who was used to get Rubio. And frankly, Love is more efficient. He was last year, and his first 3 games back this year, the only player with a higher PER is Chris Paul. Mayo is going to give you 19/4 on up and down shooting. Love is going to give you 16/10 with few mistakes and great passing. I can't predict what each will do down the line, but Mayo appears to be more one dimensional, a scorer. It will be interesting to see if he ever shifts to PG, or if they let Gay walk, and hand the keys to Mayo, what happens.
Love will be better than Lee, you can bank on that. His basketball knowledge is FAR superior

Cromedome
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Are you kidding me? Minny isn't winning anything any time soon.

sintaks12
12-09-2009, 05:53 PM
How is this thread still active? Epic fail.

JasonJohnHorn
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Are you kidding? I think New York has had enough with the score-first point guards with an attitude. Yes, Jennings can hoist up the points, and yes, he would likely kill Hill in a game of one-on-one, but all reports coming out of Europe made Jennings sound like Marbury's twin brother (bad attitude, bad with teammates, no shot, ect...). I totally understand why New York passed up on Jennings, and while Jennings is clearly having the best rookie season this season, lets not let the first couple of months make the argument that Jennings was a better pick than Hill, if we did that then everybody would be saying that Okafor is better than Dwight Howard! Hill is a solid player and will be around the league for a while.

JayAllDay
12-09-2009, 07:11 PM

JEEEEZUS H!
You make a thread slamming a team for not drafting the player then you go on and bash that player?

What the hell are you trying to prove? Are you really that butt hurt that you can no longer say your team is at least better than the Knicks? Y'all tried to be too cute with that Rubio pick and you reamed yourselves. I can go on but everybody else said it for me.

You are seriously making Minny fans look bad. This is not a kind of thread that should be coming from somebody who has over 4,500 posts. Seriously misinformed, and just generally bad assessment.

Seriously close this thread now.

THE MTL
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM

Ummm....yall took how many PGs in the draft? And didnt think to draft Jennings! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Also LMFAO, for Rubio not coming to the Wolves. He wasnt trying to come there. And also tell Johnny Flynn to hold onto to the ball better. Almost 4 per game!

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 08:47 PM
JEEEEZUS H!
You make a thread slamming a team for not drafting the player then you go on and bash that player?

What the hell are you trying to prove? Are you really that butt hurt that you can no longer say your team is at least better than the Knicks? Y'all tried to be too cute with that Rubio pick and you reamed yourselves. I can go on but everybody else said it for me.

You are seriously making Minny fans look bad. This is not a kind of thread that should be coming from somebody who has over 4,500 posts. Seriously misinformed, and just generally bad assessment.

Seriously close this thread now.

he is correct. Take away that 55 pt game, and he is a 17 ppg on poor shooting. Still doesn't deter the fact he is having a terrific rookie season, but he had one incredible game, other than that, he is on par with Flynn or Curry for instance.
And the thread was started because a disgruntled Knicks fan (is there another kind?) started a thread bashing the Wolves draft because he thought the Knicks were entitled to Rubio, or whomever they want for that matter.
The Wolves draft got them Flynn, who will be a very good PG, value in Rubio, ANOTHER #1 pick (we have many, Knicks have few), while leaving roster flexibility out the ***. So many posters here don't understand the concept of value, and are looking for instant gratification. Have fun missing on LeBron, then signing Bosh to a max deal even though he is worth about $11 million a year.
Peace

Gibby23
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
he is correct. Take away that 55 pt game, and he is a 17 ppg on poor shooting. Still doesn't deter the fact he is having a terrific rookie season, but he had one incredible game, other than that, he is on par with Flynn or Curry for instance.
And the thread was started because a disgruntled Knicks fan (is there another kind?) started a thread bashing the Wolves draft because he thought the Knicks were entitled to Rubio, or whomever they want for that matter.
The Wolves draft got them Flynn, who will be a very good PG, value in Rubio, ANOTHER #1 pick (we have many, Knicks have few), while leaving roster flexibility out the ***. So many posters here don't understand the concept of value, and are looking for instant gratification. Have fun missing on LeBron, then signing Bosh to a max deal even though he is worth about $11 million a year. Peace

You are talking like the Wolves are going to make the right moves and become a good team. If I could bet on it, i would bet that the Knicks go to the playoffs more than the Wolves in the next 10 years and will be relative sooner. The Wolves might make the playoffs 1 time in the next 10 years and I don't even think that will happen.

aNYer
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
Hey chief why don't you look at Hill's per 36 numbers, and thats from a known project. Sorry you were upset about a knicks fan and his opinion but it doesn't mean domeone will be a bust because you say so.

And to you

Trust me Knicks fans still don't care about your team or your state. We have the largest following on PSD and a larger fan base so yes it ranges from the intellectual to the argumentative. I am sorry some hurt your feelings but generalizing a fan base while trying to sound superior just makes it seem as if you have a huge character flaw or your just a kid so you don't get it.

Knicks fans were upset because we were in a good position to draft a guard and your team decided to trade up and take 2 and GS took a 3rd. It is frustrating to have 3 guards go right in front of your eyes and I have said with a large fan base you will get some that turn that into hatred for your team.

To be honest since the draft I have seen a lot more angry wolves fans (in the knicks forum) that liked coming in and taking random shots or replying in anger to fans that have just stated to other knicks fans why they thought it was a bad draft for your team.

As for Lebron, he is the top free agent in the class, is it really crazy to hope we get him, go make fun of bulls fans for wanting Wade. No its only the evil NY fans, not a natural thing every teams fans do.

AddiX
12-09-2009, 10:12 PM
The Wolves draft got them Flynn, who will be a very good PG, value in Rubio, ANOTHER #1 pick (we have many, Knicks have few), while leaving roster flexibility out the ***. So many posters here don't understand the concept of value, and are looking for instant gratification. Have fun missing on LeBron, then signing Bosh to a max deal even though he is worth about $11 million a year.
Peace

The wolves are going to be developing young players for the next 10 years it seems. Why trade a #1 pick to a team who is going to give you back a late #1 pick the next year when you could have had a young player developing as we speak. What is Rubio really worth? If he was so valuable why didn't you trade him already? If he was a top pick, how much higher can his value be?

Sorry, but you guys had an opportunity to have young talent on your roster now and have them developing. Flynn is good but hes not elite, your a bad team and really are not developing anything for the future with the moves you made.

Giaps
12-09-2009, 10:56 PM
People like to take shots at the Knicks for no apparent reason. We mind our own business here on the board (don't judge because of a few strays) and we respect other teams, but it seems like some fans just have blind hate at the Knicks. It's ridiculous. This thread was made for no other reason than to take focus away from the Minny draft thread (which was created by what I think is a Lakers fan). Stop hating.

You can't justifiably point fingers at the Knicks when you own team has more than enough recent horrible mistakes to point out. Mind you, I don't even think the Knicks made a mistake. Hill is a known project who isn't expected to do much over his first few years, but there is no reason for NY fans to have to justify anything. This thread is proof enough of the giant fail.

Evolution23
12-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Peace

we got miss cleo in the house.. shes got the future of the Knicks before 2010.. either that or you are best friends with Lebron and Bosh.:confused:

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 11:32 PM
People like to take shots at the Knicks for no apparent reason. We mind our own business here on the board (don't judge because of a few strays) and we respect other teams, but it seems like some fans just have blind hate at the Knicks. It's ridiculous. This thread was made for no other reason than to take focus away from the Minny draft thread (which was created by what I think is a Lakers fan). Stop hating.

You can't justifiably point fingers at the Knicks when you own team has more than enough recent horrible mistakes to point out. Mind you, I don't even think the Knicks made a mistake. Hill is a known project who isn't expected to do much over his first few years, but there is no reason for NY fans to have to justify anything. This thread is proof enough of the giant fail.

your few strays are very vocal. Deal with it, or shut them up.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 11:33 PM
we got miss cleo in the house.. shes got the future of the Knicks before 2010.. either that or you are best friends with Lebron and Bosh.:confused:

miss cleo says the Knicks will still suck in 5 years.

sofargone
12-09-2009, 11:39 PM
This thread is redundant, we're not getting anywhere here.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 11:45 PM
agreed. It would be sweet if this thread, and the reciprocal thread, were closed.

Giaps
12-09-2009, 11:52 PM
your few strays are very vocal. Deal with it, or shut them up.
No and no.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 11:57 PM
No and no.

then deal with criticism. NY fans invaded the Wolves board following draft day, and those same posters can be grouped with 17 year old Laker fans. Uninformed, biased, and a total waste of time.
Peace kitty

Hustla23
12-10-2009, 12:13 AM
then deal with criticism. NY fans invaded the Wolves board following draft day, and those same posters can be grouped with 17 year old Laker fans. Uninformed, biased, and a total waste of time.
Peace kitty
Is the guy in your sig taking a dump ? .....

RaptorizedKevin
12-10-2009, 01:01 AM
yeah the thign is jordan hill rarely plays. people are getting on the knicks when this man hasnt played consistant minutes. they didnt blunder their pick. they blundered their 2010 pick lol. but whats sad is minestota. they lsot roye and miller and got nothing.. prety dam sad. they could had drafted

Jennings, Derozan, and taj gibson.

stronge pointguard. shooting guard and pf presance.

they draft 3 pgs and two of them arent there.. if its any team that blundered the draft its minny. they had 3 picks and waisted all of them >_>

they had oj mayo brandon roy, and traded them away.. imagine having them still

and drafting flynn and tow other guys. their line up would be

flynn
Mayo
roy
jefferson
[draft]

Giaps
12-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Peace kitty
LOL @ a NYK fan being uninformed... total opposite buddy.

I've dealt with you people in there. I never had any problems on PSD till I got to the T'Wolves forum. I came into your forum to talk and you all jumped the gun with your extreme over-sensitivity and hostility. Don't point fingers when you and most of your brethren are clearly anti-NY biased.

29$JerZ
12-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Smoking bad, mmkay

Hawkeye15
12-10-2009, 11:21 AM
LOL @ a NYK fan being uninformed... total opposite buddy.

I've dealt with you people in there. I never had any problems on PSD till I got to the T'Wolves forum. I came into your forum to talk and you all jumped the gun with your extreme over-sensitivity and hostility. Don't point fingers when you and most of your brethren are clearly anti-NY biased.

there were about 1/5 Knicks posters that came in with respect. If you would like me to attach the post draft forums, I would be more than happy.

Raph12
12-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Seeming as how the Knicks have Nate Robinson, who plays alot like Jennings, plus take into consideration how poorly Jennings played overseas and it's pretty easy to see how they could've overlooked him.

king4day
12-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Why was this thread created by a fan of the Wolves. They blew it just as bad if not worse. They had two shots to take Jennings, still took two point guards, yet they didn't get him.
The Bucks got him. I'd expect this type of thread for Bucks fans before a Wolves fan who feels the need to create a bait thread.

For argument purposes, it's hindsight. No one knew he'd do what he's doing. And knowing Coach D, he probably doesn't play Jennings much anyway.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Why was this thread created by a fan of the Wolves. They blew it just as bad if not worse. They had two shots to take Jennings, still took two point guards, yet they didn't get him.
The Bucks got him. I'd expect this type of thread for Bucks fans before a Wolves fan who feels the need to create a bait thread.

For argument purposes, it's hindsight. No one knew he'd do what he's doing. And knowing Coach D, he probably doesn't play Jennings much anyway.

while all the conversation could have taken place in the other forum, it was made due to a Knicks fan slamming the Wolves draft. This thread was created after that one. Simply a response thread to show how idiodic the initial thread was. At this point, they both need to be closed.

Bob_at_york
12-10-2009, 11:49 AM
while all the conversation could have taken place in the other forum, it was made due to a Knicks fan slamming the Wolves draft. This thread was created after that one. Simply a response thread to show how idiodic the initial thread was. At this point, they both need to be closed.

Look, I don't care about other threads, I haven't read any other threads. But both sides need to stop. This back and forth is stupid. Let's stay on topic in here. If nobody wants to talk about the topic of the thread then don't post in here. Simple as that.

sintaks12
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM

But mom, he hit me first! LOL. What are you... like 12? If the Knicks fan who created the original post was a douche, then why would you stoop? Again... close this thread. Epic fail.

Hawkeye15
12-10-2009, 12:04 PM
But mom, he hit me first! LOL. What are you... like 12? If the Knicks fan who created the original post was a douche, then why would you stoop? Again... close this thread. Epic fail.

some people need to be corrected due to their ignorance. Or at least an attempt needs to be made.

MSG34
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
These threads are stupid. It can't be a blunder this far into the season. It'll take a couple of years before I can truly call a team's draft a "blunder"

Hawkeye15
12-10-2009, 02:52 PM
agreed MSG34. There is no way of telling who made a mistake right now. IF Rubio turns into an asset that is used to get a great pick or player, and Flynn develops into a stud PG, then everyone will be singing Kahn's praises.
If Rubio stays in Europe, and never comes over, or Flynn becomes and average PG, then the draft can be questioned.
Point is, this draft did not have 4 impact players at the pick #'s the Wolves had. Jennings wouldn't work out for them, so he was off thier list. They liked Evans A LOT, but he was gone. When Rubio fell to #5, it was a no brainer. 17 teams passed on Lawson, and the Wolves got Charlotte's pick. That is trading a #18 for a #14-16. That is a good trade. Sorry.
And the Knicks got some help in Hill. I am not real high on him, I thought they should have taken Jennings, but he didn't work out for them either, so I understood passing on him. The Knicks may have been wiser to try and deal for a higher pick, but they had few assets outside Chandler, whom they didn't want to deal apparently.

MSG34
12-11-2009, 02:22 AM
agreed MSG34. There is no way of telling who made a mistake right now. IF Rubio turns into an asset that is used to get a great pick or player, and Flynn develops into a stud PG, then everyone will be singing Kahn's praises.
If Rubio stays in Europe, and never comes over, or Flynn becomes and average PG, then the draft can be questioned.
Point is, this draft did not have 4 impact players at the pick #'s the Wolves had. Jennings wouldn't work out for them, so he was off thier list. They liked Evans A LOT, but he was gone. When Rubio fell to #5, it was a no brainer. 17 teams passed on Lawson, and the Wolves got Charlotte's pick. That is trading a #18 for a #14-16. That is a good trade. Sorry.
And the Knicks got some help in Hill. I am not real high on him, I thought they should have taken Jennings, but he didn't work out for them either, so I understood passing on him. The Knicks may have been wiser to try and deal for a higher pick, but they had few assets outside Chandler, whom they didn't want to deal apparently.

Yup it just always comes back to it's way to early too tell. I also don't really get this whole Minnesota NY rivalry on PSD. It's pretty random :laugh2:

Giaps
12-11-2009, 02:40 AM
The guy who made the Wolves Draft thread seems to be a Laker fan. Check the threads he's made.

kyubi256
12-11-2009, 04:05 AM
well if he was in the Knicks he would get no playing time (like Gallo last year)

Hawkeye15
12-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Yup it just always comes back to it's way to early too tell. I also don't really get this whole Minnesota NY rivalry on PSD. It's pretty random :laugh2:

truthfully, I think it is because after Rubio was taken by Minnesota, some very ticked off NY fans invaded the Wolves forum, even Ink had to put a stop to it. The majority of the Wolves fans never venture into the public boards. But came out due to insults, and then both sides became childish.
Pretty much started right there.

MSG34
12-11-2009, 05:49 PM
truthfully, I think it is because after Rubio was taken by Minnesota, some very ticked off NY fans invaded the Wolves forum, even Ink had to put a stop to it. The majority of the Wolves fans never venture into the public boards. But came out due to insults, and then both sides became childish.
Pretty much started right there.

Those were the days :D.