PDA

View Full Version : What player do you feel the most sorry for?

Grand Master B
12-07-2009, 11:46 PM
After hearing about Gregg Oden getting hurt again it made me think about what players I feel sorry for because of just crappy luck or a bad decision.

I have always felt sorry for Jermaine Oneil. Dude was great as a young player in Portland but the coach wouldn't play him. I remember players even commenting about it. Then the Pacers had an amazing team and even were the favorites to win it all when Artest when psycho! And now he has struggled with injuries that have ruined most of his athletic ability. He was actually a REALLY GOOD player but just never had any luck!

Who do you feel sorry for? And why?

kblo247
12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Lamar Odom

- lost his mother
- lost his son while at his aunt's funeral
- lost his grandmother
- got mugged shortly after his son died
- got hurt (knee) when he was trying to escape from his losses and playing great ball
- always in trade rumors ever since becoming a Laker
- lost his starting spot to someone he was better at, at the time
- Was labeled and bashed for not being Pippen
- Whenever he plays well something knocks him down a peg, be it death, injury, trade, free agency
- Was probably drunk and thought he married Kim only to find out it was Khloe
- Is addicted to candy (diabetes) to stay in a happy place as he says it reminds him of his mother

asandhu23
12-07-2009, 11:57 PM
I feel sorry for Yao Ming. Sad story. Oh and Len Bias and that Ehlo guy who's always shown NBA tv as one of Jordan's highlights. sucks to be famous for that.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Shawn Bradley.

He got dunked on like 5 times a game.

kblo247
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Shawn Bradley.

He got dunked on like 5 times a game.

I remember Fisher banging on him before Fish had foot surgery; good times :D

sofargone
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
i didn't know all that stuff about Odom. that's rough.

ChiSox219
12-08-2009, 12:09 AM
Lamar Odom

- lost his mother
- lost his grandmother
- got hurt (knee) when he was trying to escape from his losses and playing great ball
- Whenever he plays well something knocks him down a peg, be it death, injury, trade, free agency
- Is addicted to candy (diabetes) to stay in a happy place as he says it reminds him of his mother

Odom might now be the most underrated player in the league along with Bogut. He reminds me a lot of Scottie, except LO is more a 3/4 while Pipp was more 3/2

_KB24_
12-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Lamar Odom

- lost his mother
- lost his grandmother

Don't forget the whole marijuana ordeal........but I'm happy to see that their is going to be nothing but happiness and celebration for him! Living in the BEST city in the world(Shut up you Miami freaks! WEST COAST 4 LIFE! :p), and playing for the greatest franchise to ever grace this planet!

kblo247
12-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Don't forget the whole marijuana ordeal........but I'm happy to see that their is going to be nothing but happiness and celebration for him! Living in the BEST city in the world(Shut up you Miami freaks! WEST COAST 4 LIFE! :p), and playing for the greatest franchise to ever grace this planet!

I thought being drafted by the Clippers and being there for years is a Hell that people is understood and need not be mentioned.

GoNY
12-08-2009, 12:43 AM
Grant Hill. If he didn't have that horrific injury then I think he would be in the discussion of the greatest SF's of all time.

JoeYankee1980
12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
hello everyone I am new to this site and I'm having trouble finding an easy button/option to see my other posts. Normally I have to just post somewhere and then click on the green dot near my name and the option comes up but where is on my profile page ?

thanks

kblo247
12-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Same could be said for Penny Hardaway @ GoNY

@ JoeYanks go to stats in your profile

SA5195
12-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Lamar Odom

- lost his mother
- lost his grandmother

Damn, and still he's happy and doing well. Good for him :clap:

JC_
12-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Rajon Rondo

J$mo0th_3o5
12-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Chris Quinn, he's so damn ugly!

ko8e24
12-08-2009, 01:35 AM
J.R. Smith and his severe case of autism (aka, when he was clucking like a chicken like a ****** in that game 4 against the lakers in wcf)

Evolution23
12-08-2009, 01:49 AM
J.R. Smith and his severe case of autism (aka, when he was clucking like a chicken like a ****** in that game 4 against the lakers in wcf)

LOL wow that actually had me laughing. But I dont really feel bad for most people in the NBA because they're all millionaires and we're out here feeling bad for these guys.. Pleaseee

xabial
12-08-2009, 02:18 AM
All the past Knicks players who didnt play to their contracts. All of NY hates them *cough* Eddy *cough*