PDA

View Full Version : How Big of a Blunder Was Minnesota's Draft This Year?

Tony_Starks
12-07-2009, 05:32 PM
To me this was one of the worst draft screw ups in history. It's one thing to miss on one pick, but they had multiple picks where they could have basically rebuilt the franchise. They missed on Jennings but reportedly he really wasn't on many teams radar. Ok. They drafted Rubio who will never play for the Wolves. EVER. They passed on Curry who was a total no-brainer. They take, AND trade Ty Lawson. To top it all off the PG they stick with looks so far to be the weakest of the bunch.

How is their GM still safe on the streets of Minnesota?

kArSoN RyDaH
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
hahahahahaha mann this is so true. smh

sofargone
12-07-2009, 05:36 PM
johnny flynn has been great so far :shrug:

randomness
12-07-2009, 05:36 PM
At least they got Flynn.. they traded Lawson because they had too many PG's and Rubio should play one day for Minnesota.. and if not, they could just get something for him in a trade. I agree they screwed up, but at least they didn't choose busts..

BlondeBomber41
12-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Flynn has been quite good, what are you talking about?

Rubio is value, someone will either give them something good for them in the near future or they will use him.

What they really need are some swingmen, their big men and PG for the future look solid. Not Curry either, he is too small. Teams dont win with those tiny SG's.

clehmun
12-07-2009, 05:42 PM
can we please not forget they traded OJ Mayo for kevin love. and Brandon Roy for Randy Foye?
plus all the first round draft picks they lost from before from the joe smith signing?

oj mayo and love might not sound too far off. but i thought mayo has a much higher upside and would have been a better 1-2 punch with al jefferson.

roy for foye is just horrible.

they could have had a young core of al jefferson, brandon roy, oj mayo/love, jennings, etc.

jefferson + brandon roy = best young duo in the nba

nebnos
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I'll take Kevin Love over OJ Mayo any day.

AntwanN21
12-07-2009, 05:54 PM
Can't tell just yet however, taking three poing guards is really dumb, from the group of guys i wouldve stuck with the Rubio pick just because of how good he is going to be and regardless of if he plays or not and after that i wouldve taken my chances on Jordon Hill or Demar Derozan instead of taking another pg

clehmun
12-07-2009, 05:57 PM
I'll take Kevin Love over OJ Mayo any day.

it's arguable. you can make points for both players.

OJ
- more potential
- inside outside game with al jefferson
- potent scorer
- big name sells more jersey/tickets

LOVE
- double-double player
- bigman
- more defense than mayo

bottom line: i just see kevin love as a great role player. while oj mayo has the tools and upside to be a star borderline franchise player in this league.

Tony_Starks
12-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Rubio is value, someone will either give them something good for them in the near future or they will use him.

What they really need are some swingmen, their big men and PG for the future look solid. Not Curry either, he is too small. Teams dont win with those tiny SG's.

To say Flynn has been quite good is a bit of a stretch. Maybe one day he might be, but so far it looks like both Curry and Lawson were better picks.

I get that Rubio is value but for a franchise trying to turn itself around they don't have the luxury not getting anything out of a pick this year. Even a backcourt of Flynn and Curry would have been exciting with Love and Al up front thats actually a decent lineup.

FlakeyFool
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I really thought they were going to take DeRozan on draft night, thank god they let the raps have him :)

jim51990
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
j flynn has been very good and not picking curry was smart he will not be much of a player they should have traded that pick to ny and hung on to lawson

clehmun
12-07-2009, 06:09 PM
flynn has about 10 more assists than he does turnovers. so that should say something.
he's improving though, but as of today, he definitely wasn't the best available PG.

Tony_Starks
12-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Can't tell just yet however, taking three poing guards is really dumb, from the group of guys i wouldve stuck with the Rubio pick just because of how good he is going to be and regardless of if he plays or not and after that i wouldve taken my chances on Jordon Hill or Demar Derozan instead of taking another pg

Yeah I would have thought Derozan was a lock. Kahn even admitted he was pretty high on their board. The Rubio thing it seems like they really didn't do their homework. He was obviously shocked when they took him, and the fact that they had to go oversea's and do all this negotiating after the fact tells me a lot. Now if they would have taken him for a draft night trade, to a NY perhaps, that would have made more sense.

montazingmvp
12-07-2009, 06:23 PM

where to start?

johnny flynn has been ok...for a rookie he shows promise but if he was to play on almost any other team he would not be getting half the amount of playing time he is.

he's shooting a below average .436fg% his assist/turn over ratio is slightly better than 1:1 which is terrible for a pg.

curry is too small. i guess tony parker is too small too. i guess chris paul is too small too. because curry is around the same size, if not bigger than all these guys.

curry is shooting a similar fg% but has a 2:1 assist ratio. he's shown to be the better player thus far.

oh and btw. curry is 6'3 185lbs, while flynn is 6' 185lbs..so who is too small now...

Giaps
12-07-2009, 06:24 PM
It wasn't a total disaster... they ruined the Knicks' hopes at a franchise PG.

Curry was their guy, but 1 of Rubio/Flynn/Curry would have fallen to #8 had they not taken 2. Indeed, Kahn sucks.

YankeeFanAlways
12-07-2009, 06:29 PM
j flynn has been very good and not picking curry was smart he will not be much of a player they should have traded that pick to ny and hung on to lawson

It's not too late...we still want Rubio! :clap:

Trouble87
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Flynn wasn't a bad pick... Minnesota will be back at the draft next year and they'll slowly build a dynamic young core that will have the West buzzing 3 to 4 years

Tony_Starks
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Flynn wasn't a bad pick... Minnesota will be back at the draft next year and they'll slowly build a dynamic young core that will have the West buzzing 3 to 4 years

With their draft record the past few years I seriously doubt that....

philab
12-07-2009, 06:46 PM
The Wolves absolutely had to take Rubio at either #5 or #6. Any analysis of their draft that doesn't recognize this is useless. You cannot pass on a top 3 talent TWICE, regardless of your [in]ability to sign him. And it's not like he has no value now. The Wolves still have his rights and can move him down the road or somehow sign him. He's barely 19.

So Rubio was NOT a missed pick. Then we have Flynn. Flynn's been good so far, but not Jennings good. Fault the pass on Jennings if you want, but eight other teams did it and all but two or three probably regret it. It's pretty hard to call the Flynn pick a missed one with how he's played so far.

Finally, the Lawson pick. If Minny knew Lawson would fall to them at #18, maybe they would have gone elsewhere at #6 (although one wonders who -- DeRozan? Curry for SG?). Still, you don't pass on a PG when you need a PG in hopes that a lesser-rated PG will fall to you later. Keep in mind that Lawson is also playing with a lot more around him than Flynn and also that he's leveled off lately.

Slimsim
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Minny is one of those ****ing Franchise that block Big markets like NY and Indiana.

How many times Have Minny been in the Lottery with a high Pick and they Still Win less than 25-30 games.

What a waste.

Kakaroach
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Flynn was a good pick, and as of right now Rubio is a horrible pick. So it was a draft that could have been a lot better.

JasonJohnHorn
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I have much sympathy for the fan of the T-Wolves. Their front office should have fire McHale years ago, and drafting that many point guard in one draft? WTF?!?!?!?!!? Especially when they knew league rules wouldn't allow them to buy out Rubio. They should have moved that pick to NY.

Love and Jefferson make for a strong front court though, so here's to the future!

b_rad23
12-07-2009, 07:48 PM
where to start?

johnny flynn has been ok...for a rookie he shows promise but if he was to play on almost any other team he would not be getting half the amount of playing time he is.

he's shooting a below average .436fg% his assist/turn over ratio is slightly better than 1:1 which is terrible for a pg.

curry is too small. i guess tony parker is too small too. i guess chris paul is too small too. because curry is around the same size, if not bigger than all these guys.

curry is shooting a similar fg% but has a 2:1 assist ratio. he's shown to be the better player thus far.

oh and btw. curry is 6'3 185lbs, while flynn is 6' 185lbs..so who is too small now...

He was referring to drafting Flynn at PG and Curry at SG in stead of Rubio.

Curry is tiny for a 2, not really any argument there.

I probably would have taken Curry or Jennings to play PG and either Derozan or Rubio if I had the pick on draft night.

Then again, I'd trade Love also for a star wing and make a couple other moves so I can't say I agree completely with their GM's thinking.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
can we please not forget they traded OJ Mayo for kevin love. and Brandon Roy for Randy Foye?
plus all the first round draft picks they lost from before from the joe smith signing?

oj mayo and love might not sound too far off. but i thought mayo has a much higher upside and would have been a better 1-2 punch with al jefferson.

they could have had a young core of al jefferson, brandon roy, oj mayo/love, jennings, etc.

Love is a better player then Mayo. The Roy/Foye trade was terrible. The Love trade not only brought them Love, but got rid of Jaric and Walker, and brought in Mike Miller, who was used to get Rubio. Think it thru first bro

BlondeBomber41
12-07-2009, 07:54 PM
where to start?

Dont you dare compare freaking Stephen Curry to Tony Parker and Chris Paul. He isn't a PG, he is a SG trapped in a PG's body. I would much rather have Johnny Flynn running the point on my team that Stephen Curry.

sep11ie
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
hindsite is 20/20

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:06 PM
ok peeps, let a Wolves fan let you in on the trades and draft so you can sit back down and shut the fk up
Roy for Foye- This was a McHale doosie. It was a terrible trade. Part of me still hates it, part of me says it would have made McHale hold onto KG, since Roy would have brought them 5 more wins. We would still have the Roy-KG lineup, with multiple bloated deals. They would still be a 45 win team, nothing more
Love for Mayo- Love is a better NBA player at this point. Mayo has shown to be nothing more than a good scorer, who will be a career 19/4/3 player with a PER around 15-16, while Love has shown he will be a 17/12 player most likely, with a PER of 20+. On top of that, Minnesota got rid of the horrible contracts of Jaric and Walker and took back Cardinal and another deal that is already gone.
We then traded Miller and Foye for the 5th pick. Rubio fell. Minnesota would have been insane, and attacked even further for not taking him. Whether Rubio wants to play for Minnesota or not, he needs to deal with them if he ever wants to play in the NBA. Rubio holds the value of a #5 pick, and may play his way into the value of a #1 pick over the next 2 seasons. They drafted Flynn, who is having a very good year for a rookie PG with a 14/4 year, to be their PG. Jennings was not on anyone's radar over Evans, Rubio, Flynn, or Curry. Curry is playing for GS, and not exactly outplaying Flynn. Curry is getting 3 more mpg, averagine 4 ppg less, and 1 assist more. With a PER of 11.2 compared to Flynn's 13.4. How is Curry outplaying Flynn?
THe Wolves then took Lawson, who was NBA ready, and will look better than the other PG's in limited minutes, but doesn't have the upside some of the others do. The Wolves had both Rubio and Flynn, and not a lot of room on the roster, so they traded him, and will recieve Charlotte's #1 pick this summer. THey then drafted Wayne Ellington at #28, who has shown signs of being a contributing shooter on the wing.
The Wolves have Rubio stashed away (remember, it took Gasol a year to get over here, Ginoboli and Fernandez 2 years I believe), so international picks who stay overseas cannot be evaluated until further date.

I would say the Wolves have a good to very good draft. If they get a top 3 pick, then move Rubio and Charlotte's pick to get a stud or another top 3 pick, it would become a great draft.

Once again, it doesn't matter if Rubio ever wants to play for Minnesota (of which he has never stated). If he wants in the NBA, or any team wants his rights, they get to deal with Kahn, who is a salary cap genius, and understands value at a much higher ability than most GM's in the league. Which should be apparent since he turned the WOlves from one of the most deal unfriendly teams, into a team with total financial flexibility in 2 months.
Peace, ask any questions you may like

SirCarlton
12-07-2009, 08:15 PM
id say roy for foye was quite possibly the biggest draft screw up since darko over melo

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:18 PM
on a side note to Knicks fans who believe Rubio or any other talent simply belongs to them, you could have had Rubio, but you have no valuable trade pieces. Wilson Chandler and a #1 could have done it. Oh wait, you don't have any #1 draft picks, you traded them all away

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:20 PM
id say roy for foye was quite possibly the biggest draft screw up since darko over melo

it was a bad trade. And the way the Wolves handled it was even worse. Foye should have been given Roy minutes right away. But they stalled him, and then asked why he wasn't producing. Foye is a good player. He could very well have been a 20/6 player, but the Wolves hindered him so badly. And as I mentioned, part of me thinks Roy would simply have been a bandaid, as the Wolves would have won just enough games with the aging KG, and cast off roster, to keep hope up. When in reality, McHale failed miserably in surrounding KG with talent, and the franchise needed to start over.
But it was a bad, bad trade. I was so pissed on draft day

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
It wasn't a total disaster... they ruined the Knicks' hopes at a franchise PG.

Curry was their guy, but 1 of Rubio/Flynn/Curry would have fallen to #8 had they not taken 2. Indeed, Kahn sucks.

The Wolves didn't have Curry on their draft board at all. He is a 6'3" SG. No need for him

SlaterRaps
12-07-2009, 08:24 PM

yo did you see the other pick they had?
you know where they took another point guard

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM

so?? You don't draft need when you are 22-60. You draft best available, and on value. Do you understand the concept of value? Rubio holds more value than anyone outside Blake Griffin last summer. He fell to #5. Pretty simple. He still holds future value for anything the Wolves want to do with him.

Mauersota
12-07-2009, 08:33 PM
so?? You don't draft need when you are 22-60. You draft best available, and on value. Do you understand the concept of value? Rubio holds more value than anyone outside Blake Griffin last summer. He fell to #5. Pretty simple. He still holds future value for anything the Wolves want to do with him.

You have to remember common sense isn't given out in bunches.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:51 PM
anyone else have questions on the Wolves draft?

sofargone
12-07-2009, 08:55 PM
yo they need to draft for the future, it's not like one pick would have turned the franchise around, they had to draft the best players available for their future. That way they have more valuable players to trade if the need arises. Who knew that rubio would have stayed in Europe?

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 08:57 PM
yo they need to draft for the future, it's not like one pick would have turned the franchise around, they had to draft the best players available for their future. That way they have more valuable players to trade in the future. Who knew that rubio would have stayed in Europe.

as soon as Sacramento passed on him, he was staying. He could not afford to buy out his contract.

sofargone
12-07-2009, 08:58 PM
as soon as Sacramento passed on him, he was staying. He could not afford to buy out his contract.
but did the wolves know that?

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
I correct myself. THe Wolves were able to work out a deal that would have left Rubio playing for free, and being dependant on endorsements. But Rubio was so overwhelmed by the summer hoopla, he decided to stay. He may very well have come if NY grabbed him. But now, it doesn't matter. He has to come thru Kahn.
And the Knicks could have had him, but they have no value to give. The Wolves don't need Lee, and Chandler and the #8 wasn't going to do it.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
but did the wolves know that?

totally. But Kahn was drafting for future. He said when he took over it would be a 3 year rebuild. Read my follow as well.
Fact is, Rubio still holds the value of a high lottery pick, and will either play for the WOlves in 2 years, or be traded like a blank #1-5 pick.

DerekRE_3
12-07-2009, 09:47 PM

So glad we did.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 09:51 PM
So glad we did.

well, you can't predict what kind of player Rubio will be. He could be a great player. But it was known that Evans was NBA ready. I was a big fan of his before the draft, and am still a big fan. He looks to be a very good NBA player.

DerekRE_3
12-07-2009, 09:56 PM
well, you can't predict what kind of player Rubio will be. He could be a great player. But it was known that Evans was NBA ready. I was a big fan of his before the draft, and am still a big fan. He looks to be a very good NBA player.

Yep, I think Rubio will be good. But I just can't see him having the same impact Tyreke is having so far if he would have come over.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Yep, I think Rubio will be good. But I just can't see him having the same impact Tyreke is having so far if he would have come over.

me neither. Rubio is a 18 year old skinny kid. Evans is a man. Of course he wouldn't have had the initial impact.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 10:07 PM
hence why Evans was rated as the most NBA ready player behind Blake. He is alreay physically a specimen. But he has holes in his game. Holes that can be fixed I think

DerekRE_3
12-07-2009, 10:23 PM
hence why Evans was rated as the most NBA ready player behind Blake. He is alreay physically a specimen. But he has holes in his game. Holes that can be fixed I think

Oh yeah definitely. His jumpshot still needs a lot of work, but most young PG's come in with suspect jumpshots anyways. He's working with Pete Carril pretty much every day working on his jumpshot. Every practice he puts up about 1,000 shots. He also still needs to learn how to finish better once he's in the lane, especially with his left hand and obviously his decision making. But considering he just turned 20 years old this September, he's pretty advanced in his development, at least I think so.

Hawkeye15
12-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh yeah definitely. His jumpshot still needs a lot of work, but most young PG's come in with suspect jumpshots anyways. He's working with Pete Carril pretty much every day working on his jumpshot. Every practice he puts up about 1,000 shots. He also still needs to learn how to finish better once he's in the lane, especially with his left hand and obviously his decision making. But considering he just turned 20 years old this September, he's pretty advanced in his development, at least I think so.

well, one of his holes is, can he sustain PG at this level. I think he can. His left hand can be improved for sure. He has a wicked leg kick on his jumper that needs to go away. He is young, but I am always suspect of guys who have horible mechanics at age 20, and the "experts" attempting to fix them. Corey Brewer has been working with shooting coaches, etc.
BUT, Evans has a great feel, and is smooth, on top of being physically capable of taking punishment. On top of that, he is patient, and works hard. I don't think he will ever be much of a shooter, and I still don't know if he can play PG long term in the NBA, especially since the Kings should trade Martin, and Evans with his wingspan could easily play SG. We will see I guess

DerekRE_3
12-08-2009, 12:26 AM
well, one of his holes is, can he sustain PG at this level. I think he can. His left hand can be improved for sure. He has a wicked leg kick on his jumper that needs to go away. He is young, but I am always suspect of guys who have horible mechanics at age 20, and the "experts" attempting to fix them. Corey Brewer has been working with shooting coaches, etc.
BUT, Evans has a great feel, and is smooth, on top of being physically capable of taking punishment. On top of that, he is patient, and works hard. I don't think he will ever be much of a shooter, and I still don't know if he can play PG long term in the NBA, especially since the Kings should trade Martin, and Evans with his wingspan could easily play SG. We will see I guess

Well Paul Westphal's offense doesn't depend on having one guy that makes all the plays at the point guard spot, like some teams do. The Kings have some nice passing big men in Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes that can make up for Tyreke's lack of pure point guard skills.

As far as his jumpshot goes, Pete Carril is working with Tyreke's form and trying to get him to shoot a little more in front of his face and not so much from behind his head. They aren't trying to completely change it, just tweak it a bit and so far it's been working. His jumper is actually a lot better than I thought it would be at this point. Carril has worked with guy with weird/unorthodox shots before (Kevin Martin), and all he did was make small adjustments to them and it worked wonders. I think Tyreke will be able to play and defend 3 positions when it's all said and done. I think his ability to break down defenses will make everything easier for everyone else on the team, especially Kevin Martin.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 12:41 AM
Well Paul Westphal's offense doesn't depend on having one guy that makes all the plays at the point guard spot, like some teams do. The Kings have some nice passing big men in Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes that can make up for Tyreke's lack of pure point guard skills.

As far as his jumpshot goes, Pete Carril is working with Tyreke's form and trying to get him to shoot a little more in front of his face and not so much from behind his head. They aren't trying to completely change it, just tweak it a bit and so far it's been working. His jumper is actually a lot better than I thought it would be at this point. Carril has worked with guy with weird/unorthodox shots before (Kevin Martin), and all he did was make small adjustments to them and it worked wonders. I think Tyreke will be able to play and defend 3 positions when it's all said and done. I think his ability to break down defenses will make everything easier for everyone else on the team, especially Kevin Martin.

I am a huge fan. Evans could be a very good player. I am a huge jump shot critic, and spent a lot of time on mechanics, and getting the jumper right, so it is a nitpicking thing of mine. But there is more to basketall than the jumper.
The coachs system is fine, but a bad team will change coaches. And yes, Hawes and Thompson help the passing game, good point.
I think Evans will be a very good player. Huge fan. Was since college. Not surprised he went that high. I think he will have a great career.

koreancabbage
12-08-2009, 12:54 AM
i think taking Rubio was a good pick. if he is a future stud at PG, and everyone is raving about his play, WHY the F won't you take him. I know i know, you all think he doesn't want to play for the Wolves, but hey, he's very valuable still if he's playing really well in Europe.

You'll look like an idiot for not taking a franchise PG (if that was the case) no matter what the circumstances were.

_KB24_
12-08-2009, 12:55 AM
I think the Lawson trade was utterly stupid. Taking Rubio was another dick move. I don't blame him for taking Flynn. I never knew Jennings was going to be this good and Curry is great, but GMs always pick according to their best situations and who they feel will help them out the most. Thats why you have all these draft "blunders" as more than half of the lottery picks do not even achieve or reach half their "potential".

bahama0811
12-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm liking their pick of Lawson more and more every day.:hi5:

cwilson21
12-08-2009, 01:13 AM
Much thanks to hawkeye for settling this situation fluidly and efficiently.

Not to mention Jennings has started to become very overrated on this site. Guy puts up 55 points in a game and everyone jizzes in their pants. He's shooting ****ing 41% from the field (worse than Flynn), 78% from the FT line (worse than Flynn), and has less than a 2:1 TO/AST ratio.

_KB24_
12-08-2009, 01:22 AM

Not to mention Jennings has started to become very overrated on this site. Guy puts up 55 points in a game and everyone jizzes in their pants. He's shooting ****ing 41% from the field (worse than Flynn), 78% from the FT line (worse than Flynn), and has less than a 2:1 TO/AST ratio.

Still doesn't change that Jennings>>>>>>>>Flynn :eyebrow:

Go_NUGGETS
12-08-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm liking their pick of Lawson more and more every day.:hi5:

^^Yessir...Nobody seems to realize how much Lawson [as a rookie] improves the nuggets.

Thank you Minnesota.....A team that made it to the western conference finals the year before, doesn't always get a draft acquisition like that.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

kikeyanez
12-08-2009, 02:17 AM

i seen johnny up close when the dubbs played the timberwovles i like da guy he has a strong game he can lead!

AddiX
12-08-2009, 02:30 AM
It doesnt matter who Minny missed on or could of drafted, they flat out had an opportunity to bring in some major talent and young players and dropped the ball.

Rubio's numbers are not improving while hes over there right now and either is his stock because teams know that he will only play for a few teams. And now they would also have to deal with the team he is currently playing for.

Flynn reminds me of a bigger Nate Robinson with a much worse jumper.

They are currently one of the worse teams in the league and only have one rookie developing right now. They could of had 3.

Raoul Duke
12-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Kevin Love is the only good draft choice they've made in recent memory.

DerekRE_3
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Still doesn't change that Jennings>>>>>>>>Flynn :eyebrow:

And Tyreke Evans is better than both of them.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 03:31 PM
It doesnt matter who Minny missed on or could of drafted, they flat out had an opportunity to bring in some major talent and young players and dropped the ball.

Rubio's numbers are not improving while hes over there right now and either is his stock because teams know that he will only play for a few teams. And now they would also have to deal with the team he is currently playing for.

Flynn reminds me of a bigger Nate Robinson with a much worse jumper.

They are currently one of the worse teams in the league and only have one rookie developing right now. They could of had 3.

enlighten me on what they should have done since you have it figured out.

AddiX
12-08-2009, 07:41 PM
enlighten me on what they should have done since you have it figured out.

They should of drafted 3 rookies or traded them for talent they could use this year. At this rate their going to be developing young players for the next 4 years and will still suck.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
They drafted 2 PG's, one of which still belongs to them whether they want to trade him or not. Flynn will be a very good player. The draft was weak outside PG's, everyone knew that. They didn't have room on the roster for Lawson, and traded him for a future pick. Taking 3 rookies wasn't going to speed things up, and getting a stud player for picks is rare. The WOlves have total financial flexibility on their roster, to either make a trade this season, or sign a FA next summer.
They got what they wanted. A PG, and Rubio fell into their laps, and they now own his rights.
They also get Charlotte's #1 pick in the upcoming draft, Utah's, and their own, along with $15 million in cap space.
I would consider it a highly successful draft. And I didn't even get that specific on what they still have overseas and 2nd round pick wise.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 08:10 PM

Yes but Who has the better Record ?

At the end of the Day Wins and losses is the only stats to worry about.

arkanian215
12-08-2009, 08:12 PM
down the road it should help them since rubio has the higher upside than flynn. if he shapes up minnesota has flexibility in bringing him over or trading his draft rights somewhere. rubio is already one of the top pg's against arguably the toughest competition. anything more than 5 assists per game in europe is really good considering how they count assists there.

b_rad23
12-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes but Who has the better Record ?

At the end of the Day Wins and losses is the only stats to worry about.

I agree. Ryan Anderson is better than Dirk.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
T wolves Drafted 3 pgs Traded 1 and signed one during the off season. Does this really sound like a franchise that Know what the **** they are doing ?

They Basically Gave Brandon Roy away for nothing. They traded away Foye For the 5th Pick and that pick is playing in Europe.

Love hasn't prove he can become a dominated player like he was in College

And Al Jefferson is Always hurt.

This team always in the lottery with multiple Pick and still can't scratch the service.

I'm a Knicks fan, so i really shouldn't be bashing the Wolves but they're One of the many teams that are always ahead of us in the draft. They pick the player we usually want or need and then they suck the next year and block us again from getting a player we can use to rebuild.

29$JerZ
12-08-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't see how Minny blew the draft?

It was a PG dominated draft and when your bad for a long time you take BPA, not needs.

Flynn is a good PG and will only get better.
Rubio is a trade asset and in the NBA a good PG will be valued high.

I didn't agree with taking Lawson and trading him for a future pick but I understand why they did it considering the plethora of PG's they had.

They are more flexible then they were last year and actually have an all-star quality PF/C to work with unlike most lottery teams.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I agree. Ryan Anderson is better than Dirk.

Anderson is still Young so you never know. Dirk Could had won a ring and choke so you might be right.

sofargone
12-08-2009, 08:24 PM
T wolves Drafted 3 pgs Traded 1 and signed one during the off season. Does this really sound like a franchise that Know what the **** they are doing ?

They Basically Gave Brandon Roy away for nothing. They traded away Foye For the 5th Pick and that pick is playing in Europe.

This team always in the lottery with multiple Pick and still can't scratch the service.

I'm a Knicks fan, so i really shouldn't be bashing the Wolves but they're One of the many teams that are always ahead of us in the draft. They pick the player we usually want or need and then they suck the next year and block us again from getting a player we can use to rebuild.
for the millionth time they drafted the best players available, get that through your head. don't talk about Kevin love because he did just fine last year. every franchise makes mistakes, I'm referring to the Roy trade, you should know that Knicks fan.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 08:25 PM
^they have had 3 years of drafting high. McHale is out. Kahn is in his first year. If any franchise should be talked about, it should be yours. You are in the biggest market, have the most resources, and yet, your team is horrible year in and year out.
You didn't get Rubio. Move on. You could have had him if you would have given us Chandler, #8, and a future #1. Oh wait, Thomas traded all your future picks away.
Move on bro. You aren't entitiled to **** just because you live in NY

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 08:26 PM
was referring to the Knicks poster.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 08:32 PM
^they have had 3 years of drafting high. McHale is out. Kahn is in his first year. If any franchise should be talked about, it should be yours. You are in the biggest market, have the most resources, and yet, your team is horrible year in and year out.
You didn't get Rubio. Move on. You could have had him if you would have given us Chandler, #8, and a future #1. Oh wait, Thomas traded all your future picks away.
Move on bro. You aren't entitiled to **** just because you live in NY

all our future picks ?

last time i check it was only our 2010 pick.

I can care less about Rubio. Jennings is right he's all hype and your minnys fell for it. that's why he drop to the 5th pick.

Knicks use to be a joke but with better management That is likely to change.

my problem is Minny is always in the lottery Blocking teams from rebuilding.

sofargone
12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
all our future picks ?

I can care less about Rubio. Jennings is right he's all hype and your minnys fell for it. that's why he drop to the 5th pick.

You're just bitter, get over it. You're pissed because you drafted Jordan Hill and he's played about 20mins this whole season. Don't lie and tell me you wouldn't be happy to have Rubio.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
all our future picks ?

Check your history before you spew brother. Unless you are 3 years old, in which case you seem very intelligent.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
You're just bitter, get over it. You're pissed because you drafted Jordan Hill and he's played about 20mins this whole season. Don't lie and tell me you wouldn't be happy to have Rubio.

Nope I wouldn't maybe other knicks fan were but i wasn't.

Jordan hill Didn't even get decent playing time So he might be tolerable.

But don't lie tell me you wouldn't be happy with Brandon Roy instead of Rubio you basically Traded Roy for him.

Mauersota
12-08-2009, 09:29 PM

Only a Knicks fan could blame another team for their own ineptitude.

Also who should the Wolves of taken with the 18th pick instead of swapping it out for a future pick? Because when I look at it no one from 18-28 really intrigue me or there also a point guard.

Hawkeye15
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM

But don't lie tell me you wouldn't be happy with Brandon Roy instead of Rubio you basically Traded Roy for him.

your knowledge of the Wolves is far from impressive. But your level of annoying is very impressive.
Peace dude. Have fun missing on LeBron, overpaying for Bosh, and being a 48 win team for the next 3 years

sofargone
12-08-2009, 09:48 PM

I'm not even a Wolves fan, I just don't think they deserve heat for the draft since they made some pretty good moves. They'll be a better team faster than the Knicks.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm not even a Wolves fan, I just don't think they deserve heat for the draft since they made some pretty good moves. They'll be a better team faster than the Knicks.

Well if they weren't 3-17 i might agree but their record speak for itself.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:15 PM
your knowledge of the Wolves is far from impressive. But your level of annoying is very impressive.
Peace dude. Have fun missing on LeBron, overpaying for Bosh, and being a 48 win team for the next 3 years

48 win team sounds good to me Wish i can say the same for your Wolves.

sofargone
12-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Well if they weren't 3-17 i might agree but their record speak for itself.
How many times do i have to mention that, they DRAFTED FOR THE FUTURE. It's not about this year.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Only a Knicks fan could blame another team for their own ineptitude.

Also who should the Wolves of taken with the 18th pick instead of swapping it out for a future pick? Because when I look at it no one from 18-28 really intrigue me or there also a point guard.

Trade picks for player that can help contribute to your team. not for a pick who team are suppose contenders for years to come. but my Knicks have their own Issue so i can careless what Minny does.

Mauersota
12-08-2009, 10:22 PM
How many times do i have to mention that, they DRAFTED FOR THE FUTURE. It's not about this year.

Appreciate the help but it isn't worth arguing with him, I could say some other things but I would just get banned in a thread that should of already been locked because Knicks fans have been baiting Wolves fans ever since the draft.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:23 PM

I can say the same for the Knicks. but still no excuses to not be able to compete.Wolves have more talent than what their record show.

dwadefan03
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
am i the only one that thinks they did a good job. i mean think about it...theyre set at the 4 and the 5 for years to come. Johnny flynn has also looked like hes going to emerge as their pg of the futue and just in case they also signed ramon sessions. Then you have rubio playingoversees and his value is only growing. if flynn doesnt work out theyll use rubio and trade flynn. but if flynn turns out to be great they have an oversees phenom with loads of value. you know what people would give for a potential franchise pg. and then ty lawson, i dont think they made the pick themselves but rather chose for denver and they happened to pick lawson. thats also a good move cause they traded for a future 1st rounder. so they gave up a mid 1st round pick in a weak draft for a future 1st rounder(possibly 2010) which is supposed to be stacked.

If you ask me that sounds pretty good. its a very underrated move simply because they tok 3 pg and did not try to bolster their lineup with their picks

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Appreciate the help but it isn't worth arguing with him, I could say some other things but I would just get banned in a thread that should of already been locked because Knicks fans have been baiting Wolves fans ever since the draft.

Go ahead say whats ever on your mind.

It's not like I'm Defending NY by saying their better than the wolves.

We Knicks fan well some of us are happy with Gallo TD ad Hill.

Mauersota
12-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I can say the same for the Knicks. but still no excuses to not be able to compete.Wolves have more talent than what their record show.

Well of course one of our key pieces (Love) has been out all season up until just a few games ago. Plus a bunch of new young players are trying to learn a completely foreign offense.

HouRealCoach
12-08-2009, 10:33 PM
This is their third big screw up.... Roy, Mayo, and now this.... They possibly could have had this lineup

Lopez
Jefferson
Gomes
Roy
Jennings

lol j/k

But being real, they havent been to bright

kEviN21
12-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Do you not realize that the Wolves will get value for Rubio nonetheless if he plays for them or not? It will probably be YOUR pick that trades for him. Twolves will have a few first rounders and or Rubio and will have the cap space to sign someone like Rudy Gay or Joe Johnson possibly. Not bad for one offseason, this team will be good in the future.

The Twolves future looks brighter than the Knicks.

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm not trying to Down the wolves.

Look Evans first year in the league and look how well the Kings are playing with 2 of their key guys injured.

And i know wolves have much better talent than the Kings no offense to kings fan.

PurpleJesus
12-08-2009, 10:42 PM
ridiculously stupid thread...timberwolves grab Rubio at 5 who many said was the obvious second best prospect in the draft, but many teams shyed away from him because they were scared of the buyout, Timberwolves at #6 then end up taking Flynn as insurance in case the buyout situation with Rubio did not work out, the Rubio buyout did not work out, but the wolves still own his rights... since then Flynn has become a top 5 rookie thus far who was selected #6...then they draft Ty Lawson who was the best available player at the time, they trade him and gain CHA's pick (via Denver) in a future draft (top 12 protected this year)....then almost at the complete end of the first round they take the MVP of the most recent final 4, and the guy who was said to have the best jump shot in the draft in Wayne Ellington...whether or not Rubio plays for the Wolves, he is a great asset to have...I dont know what youre smoking, but Jonny Flynn is arguably the best PG in this years draft (look past Jennings 55 point night and you will see this)...they gain another first round pick after they traded away Lawson in what was considered to be a weak draft...its just ridiculous that somebody would think that this was a bad draft for the wolves when in fact it was a great draft.

Mauersota
12-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Well it is a confirmed fact that if James Johnson wasn't at 18 Kahn already had it worked out before he took Lawson that they were going to swap the pick. So it wasn't like he took him and the said "Oh jeez now what am I going to do?". He had a plan and he stuck to it.

sofargone
12-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Go ahead say whats ever on your mind.

It's not like I'm Defending NY by saying their better than the wolves.

We Knicks fan well some of us are happy with Gallo TD ad Hill.

:facepalm:

reemy
12-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Minny is one of those ****ing Franchise that block Big markets like NY and Indiana.

How many times Have Minny been in the Lottery with a high Pick and they Still Win less than 25-30 games.

What a waste.

a few years after the nicks have started going to the lottery every year

Mauersota
:facepalm:

I think Slimsim should be able to take your SN from you.

PurpleJesus
This is their third big screw up.... Roy, Mayo, and now this.... They possibly could have had this lineup

Lopez
Jefferson
Gomes
Roy
Jennings

lol j/k

Mayo was not a screw up...we got Kevin Love in that deal who is a double double big man, and we got Mike Miller who was used to take Ricky Rubio

anyways, if you disagree with the swapping Mayo for Love and you also think the wolves should have taken Lopez in that draft, then you have to realize that that was a complete different GM in that draft...look at this years draft and what it has meant to the team

A top two prospect (Rubio)
A top 5 rookie (Flynn)
Another first round pick next year or the year after (Lawson pick and trade)
and the best shooter in the draft (Ellington)

Slimsim
12-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Well I'm Done worrying about Minny. Knicks got their own problems.

sofargone
12-08-2009, 10:54 PM
You can say that again.

reemy
12-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Trade picks for player that can help contribute to your team. not for a pick who team are suppose contenders for years to come. but my Knicks have their own Issue so i can careless what Minny does.

its not denvers pick we got you d-bag were gettin it from Charlotte via denver

elizur
12-09-2009, 12:05 AM

He is talking about Sessions

tcman2007
12-09-2009, 12:28 AM

Uhhh...

Okay.

Dude... you're a Clippers fan. Clippers. Yes, the ****ing Clippers. You guys picked Michael Olowokandi # 1. Michael Olowokandi. Think about it. What a great pick :crazy:. That pick, is probably the worst # 1 pick in the history of the world. The day we **** up a # 1 pick like that is the day you can start casting stones.

OH, wait... we've NEVER had a #1. OH, wait... we've never even had a # 2! LOL.

Oh, and how did you guys pick Danny Fairy # 2? HOW? LOL. What a$$hole made that pick? And whose idea was it to pick Reggie Williams before Scottie Pippen? Point is, EVERY team does dumb-**** stuff like that. But NO team has been consistently bad as you guys--NO ONE. Show me one team has had made worse picks than you guys? Even when you did get a good player, they ended up getting hurt *cough*Blake Griffin*cough*.

Listen, we've made some bad moves (including trading you Sam Cassell and first-round pick for a bag of ****). But when you're a Clippers fan, you shouldn't be talkin' ****. You guys haven't done squat. At least we had KG. At least we made it to the Semis--even though we never got high picks and even after we shot ourselves in the foot with the whole Joe Smith fiasco. Even after that, we still had some success.

And don't even bother trying to respond. There's nothing you could possibly say to make up for all the dip-**** things your franchise has done.

MCHALE could've done a better job. That's how ****ing bad you guys have been.

tcman2007
12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
...oh... I must go on...

HOW the **** do you guys have a 9-11 record with all the talent you have? HOW? Who's running your freakin' plays? At least we have an excuse: we blew up our team in an attempt for a fresh start. You guys have a butt-load of talent on your team... there's no excuse for it. Look at who you have:

1. Baron Davis
2. Marcus Camby
3. Chris Kaman
4. Eric Gordon
5. Al Thornton

How can't you win with those guys? How? LOL. I don't get it. Those are some really good players. I'm a big Eric Gordon fan. Chris Kaman is a very solid player and Baron Davis is one of the best guards in the league. Although Camby is older, he's still an intimidator and very good rebounder. I guess that is just the Clipper way...

DerekRE_3
12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm not trying to Down the wolves.

Look Evans first year in the league and look how well the Kings are playing with 2 of their key guys injured.

And i know wolves have much better talent than the Kings no offense to kings fan.

Yeah how can we take offense to that when you say a team that is what...3-17 has more talent than us. Obviously they don't...

29$JerZ
12-09-2009, 12:51 AM
AL Jefferson
Kevin Love
Johnny Flynn
Ryan Gomes

Tyreke Evans
Donte Green
Kevin Martin
Jason Thompson
Spencer Hawes

Minny has AL Jefferson but Kings have more talent all around imo

DerekRE_3
12-09-2009, 12:53 AM
AL Jefferson
Kevin Love
Johnny Flynn
Ryan Gomes

Tyreke Evans
Donte Green
Kevin Martin
Jason Thompson
Spencer Hawes

And your missing Sergio Rodriguez, who has played great, same with Beno Udrih. Also Omri Casspi has been awesome this year as well.

29$JerZ
12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
And your missing Sergio Rodriguez, who has played great, same with Beno Udrih. Also Omri Casspi has been awesome this year as well.

Well I didn't want to add the whole rotation but your right :)

tcman2007
12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah how can we take offense to that when you say a team that is what...3-17 has more talent than us. Obviously they don't...

Dude, we've only played a quarter of the season. In case you haven't noticed, the playoff order of the teams are determined after all 82 games are played. Maybe we should change that? We should. The Spurs are only a 9th seed. They obviously don't have playoff talent. Let's just stop here and **** the rest of the season.

Get a reality check. I assure you, the Wolves will have more wins than the Kings by the end of the year because we DO have more talent than you.

DerekRE_3
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Dude, we've only played a quarter of the season. In case you haven't noticed, the playoff order of the teams are determined after all 82 games are played. Maybe we should change that? We should. The Spurs are only a 9th seed. They obviously don't have playoff talent. Let's just stop here and **** the rest of the season.

Get a reality check. I assure you, the Wolves will have more wins than the Kings by the end of the year because we DO have more talent than you.

We are missing two starters, including a guy that averaged almost 25 PPG last year.

RocketsRule
12-09-2009, 01:30 AM

:laugh:

You can't be serious.

The Kings' have had injury problems and still managed to hover around .500 the entire season. While the wolves have been fairly healthy (at least to my knowledge) and have posted a spectacular record of 3-17.

shep33
12-09-2009, 01:43 AM
At least they got Brett Favre... oh wait, the T-Wolves right? They still play basketball? I thought they traded their franchise to Boston?

thechom80
12-09-2009, 02:49 AM
Uneducated ******** is all I'm seeing from outside those that follow the Wolves. You're so blinded by a "rebuilding" record of 3-18 to understand what is actually going on. Keep spewing this ****. It's rather entertaining. I don't want to be the guy that said "I told you so" in a few seasons.

Evolution23
12-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Uneducated ******** is all I'm seeing from outside those that follow the Wolves. You're so blinded by a "rebuilding" record of 3-18 to understand what is actually going on. Keep spewing this ****. It's rather entertaining. I don't want to be the guy that said "I told you so" in a few seasons.

relax guy its just basketball... getting mad like we're actually talking about u lol

FlakeyFool
12-09-2009, 10:29 AM
At least they got Brett Favre... oh wait, the T-Wolves right? They still play basketball? I thought they traded their franchise to Boston?

ahah this

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 10:48 AM

Lopez
Jefferson
Gomes
Roy
Jennings

lol j/k

They won the Mayo trade bud.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 10:50 AM

so do their fans. And yes, a franchise with the biggest market, and the most resources, that continually sucks, has bigger problems.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
AL Jefferson
Kevin Love
Johnny Flynn
Ryan Gomes

Tyreke Evans
Donte Green
Kevin Martin
Jason Thompson
Spencer Hawes

Al Jefferson has obviously not recovered from the ACL surgery yet. Love just came back, and has a PER of 30. The team has all new coaches, players, offense, defense, everything. While I didn't expect to be 3-17, having Love miss time right away, Jefferson not back yet to his former self, and guards who are 20 learning the most difficult offense in basketball, it is expected they would struggle this year. Their record is not an indication of their talent. The Wolves will pull a Thunder, and close the season very well, once Jefferson is back to normal, and the young players start to grasp what the coaches are asking of them.
and then we have more picks, tons of cash, Rubio in our back pockets. I am just fine with the future of the Wolves for the first time in years.

Cromedome
12-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Minny messed this draft up for everyone by picking 2 pg's...but when you think about it ..can you really blame Rubio for not wanting to play in Minny?

td0tsfinest
12-09-2009, 06:48 PM
wolves suck at drafting.
- Kevin Love is good but OJ Mayo is playing a lot better and Big Al isn't a C. He's PF. We played the wolves yesterday and Big Al desperately needs some help inside, Bosh was man handling the rebounds last night.

- Randy Foye for Brandon Roy. You couldn't really hate on this when it happened. A lot of people thought these two guys would be the top of their class. But as one prosperous, the other one seems to diminish.

- Corey Brewer. There were a lot of other wings still available, guys like Al Thornton and Thadeus Young.

- Rashad McCants. 05 draft wasn't deep, but definitely one guy they could have got was Danny Granger.

- Then there was the whole Joe Smith fiasco, which made them forfeit their 01, 02, and 04 picks. They were lucky the nba rewarded them with an 03 and 05 pick, though nothing really came out of those picks.

WSU Tony
12-09-2009, 08:49 PM
If you don't understand the concept of value, yes, this was a terrible draft. If the goal is to "plug holes" on a 20 win team, then yes, this was a terrible draft. If your looking to add as many high ceiling players and receive draft picks, this was a great draft. Who were they supposed to take? DeRozan? Yuck.

Flynn has been very good this year and will be a great NBA pg for years to come.

6 first round picks in 2 years isn't too bad for a rebuilding team.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tony, there are very few on this site that understand the concept of value for a rebuilding team
Its pretty simple. When you are 22-60, you take whomever you have highest on your draft board. If the Wolves get the #1 pick this next year, and John Wall is the best player, then they take him, despite having Flynn, Sessions, and Rubios rights. If that statement doesn't make sense to you, then you are guilty of not understanding value.

black1605
12-09-2009, 09:03 PM
how big of a blunder was the bobcats 2006 draft?

Morrison over Roy and Gay....thats TERRIBLE

Gibby23
12-09-2009, 09:12 PM
What do you expect from a franchise that thought building around KG meant getting an old Sam Cassell and Spreewell.

AddiX
12-09-2009, 10:16 PM
What do you expect from a franchise that thought building around KG meant getting an old Sam Cassell and Spreewell.

Or a franchise who could of built their team in one draft and decided to trade away picks to draft young players down the line. When your a garbage team and have 3 1st, its idiotic to think its a good idea not to use them for players that can play for you right away.

Kakaroach
12-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Tony, there are very few on this site that understand the concept of value for a rebuilding team
Its pretty simple. When you are 22-60, you take whomever you have highest on your draft board. If the Wolves get the #1 pick this next year, and John Wall is the best player, then they take him, despite having Flynn, Sessions, and Rubios rights. If that statement doesn't make sense to you, then you are guilty of not understanding value. Taking the best player available is a good idea, but not when you have 3 guys that can start at that position lol. So why not trade down and get a player you need while obtaining other valuable pieces? I'll just never understand why they chose 2 PGs' with those 2 picks.

And for everyone that thinks Flynn and Rubio can play together, they can't. They need to the ball to be at their best.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Taking the best player available is a good idea, but not when you have 3 guys that can start at that position lol. So why not trade down and get a player you need while obtaining other valuable pieces? I'll just never understand why they chose 2 PGs' with those 2 picks.

And for everyone that thinks Flynn and Rubio can play together, they can't. They need to the ball to be at their best.

congrats, you don't understand value.

WSU Tony
12-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Taking the best player available is a good idea, but not when you have 3 guys that can start at that position lol. So why not trade down and get a player you need while obtaining other valuable pieces? I'll just never understand why they chose 2 PGs' with those 2 picks.

Guilty of not understanding value.

I repeat: When you win 20 games, you take the best available, you don't try to plug holes.

I'd rather have 3 high ceiling PG's who can be traded rather than 1 high ceiling PG and two average players at a different position. Comprende?

blastmasta26
12-10-2009, 12:12 AM
I think Minny actually had a good draft. Flynn is solid, Lawson landed them a first rounder, and Rubio will eventually give them something. I don't agree with people who say that Minny could've plugged their holes and filled out their roster with this draft. Outside of the point guards, there was very little talent in this draft. Minny can use next year's draft to really strengthen this roster.

Run&Gun
12-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I think that last year it was a crime that Minessota didn't pick up Brook Lopez instead of Kevin Love. Don't get me wrong, Kevin Love is great, good passer, good shooter, good rebounder and solid skill set, but I think having Brook Lopez would have been a better choice. Jefferson runs better as a PF and Lopez would give them the shot blocking to make that team a force, would challenge Pau Gasol and Bynum for best front court in the NBA.

tcman2007
12-10-2009, 02:43 PM
:laugh:

You can't be serious.

The Kings' have had injury problems and still managed to hover around .500 the entire season. While the wolves have been fairly healthy (at least to my knowledge) and have posted a spectacular record of 3-17.

The ENTIRE season? Y'mean all 20 games of it?

We blew up our team. 90% of our players are new. We brought in a brand-new system, new coaches, new everything. That's why our record is as it is. Yes, we're better than the Kings.

Put your $$ where your mouth is. Challenge us. I say the Wolves post a better record than you guys by the end of the season. You pick the terms. Embarrassing sig's? I'll do it. That's how certain I am. Think about it: I'm even giving you the benefit of a head-start. If you don't challenge us, then I'm gonna assume that you guys know just as well as us that we have more talent. And don't give me any excuses about K-Mart being hurt. Kevin Love missed time, as well. If he woulda been here since the start of the season, we'd probably have 3-5 more wins.

Oh, and 9-12 isn't "hovering". It's more like sinking.

tcman2007
12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Minny messed this draft up for everyone by picking 2 pg's...but when you think about it ..can you really blame Rubio for not wanting to play in Minny?

Huh, that's funny. When we have the best player in Europe as a bargaining chip to bring in a all-star player, you won't be laughing.

DerekRE_3
12-10-2009, 02:49 PM
The ENTIRE season? Y'mean all 20 games of it?

We blew up our team. 90% of our players are new. We brought in a brand-new system, new coaches, new everything. That's why our record is as it is. Yes, we're better than the Kings.

Put your $$ where your mouth is. Challenge us. I say the Wolves post a better record than you guys by the end of the season. You pick the terms. Embarrassing sig's? I'll do it. That's how certain I am.

Haha...the Kings also have new coaches, new system, and the following players haven't spent an entire year with the team:

Tyreke Evans
Omri Casspi
Andres Nocioni
Sergio Rodgriguez
Jon Brockman
Ime Udoka

Then there's injuries, Kevin Martin has played 5 games this year, and he's our best scorer, who gets 25 PPG a night. He was getting 30 a night until he got hurt. Francisco Garcia, our starting SF, was lost for most likely the season before it even started.

Then we have all of our young guys getting significant minutes:
Tyreke Evans: 20 years old (starting)
Spencer Hawes: 21 years old (starting)
Jason Thompson: 23 years old (starting)
Donte Greene: 21 years old (starting)
Omri Casspi: 21 years old
Sergio Rodriguez: 23 years old

sintaks12
12-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Guilty of not understanding value.

I repeat: When you win 20 games, you take the best available, you don't try to plug holes.

I'd rather have 3 high ceiling PG's who can be traded rather than 1 high ceiling PG and two average players at a different position. Comprende?

While I absolutely understand and respect what you're saying, there's not a GM in the NBA besides Kahn that would have drafted 3 PGs. EVERYONE was baffled by those picks... at least the second 2. But kudos to him, because it just might work out great in the end... if he can get value out of the whole Rubio situation.

tcman2007
12-10-2009, 11:01 PM
Haha...the Kings also have new coaches, new system, and the following players haven't spent an entire year with the team:

Tyreke Evans
Omri Casspi
Andres Nocioni
Sergio Rodgriguez
Jon Brockman
Ime Udoka

Then there's injuries, Kevin Martin has played 5 games this year, and he's our best scorer, who gets 25 PPG a night. He was getting 30 a night until he got hurt. Francisco Garcia, our starting SF, was lost for most likely the season before it even started.

Then we have all of our young guys getting significant minutes:
Tyreke Evans: 20 years old (starting)
Spencer Hawes: 21 years old (starting)
Jason Thompson: 23 years old (starting)
Donte Greene: 21 years old (starting)
Omri Casspi: 21 years old
Sergio Rodriguez: 23 years old

No matter how you try to rationalize it, the Kings didn't go through a sort of Stalinist reset like the Wolves did. So don't even try. We did more trades this year than you guys probably have in the last 3. Other than Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER is new to MN. And the aforementioned players are brand-new to the triangle offense, so, go put that in your pipe and smoke it. That's why we've lost so many games.

Now...

Like I said, punk: put your $$ where your mouth is. I'll even bet on our next game. Get someone who can make embarrassing sig's, and I'm game. You lose, you put on the sig for a month. Ditto for myself. We're playing IN Sactown on a second-half of a back-to-back (we play the Lakers the night before), so, as you see, I'm slanting it in your direction. Even though I know you have an advantage, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. That's how confident that our squad can beat your squad.

Tony, you got connections, get someone to dash a couple of embarrassing sig's up. I'm game if you're game.

Edit: Brian Cardinal, too. He played with us last year as well.

DerekRE_3
12-10-2009, 11:06 PM
No matter how you try to rationalize it, the Kings didn't go through a sort of Stalinist reset like the Wolves did. So don't even try. We did more trades this year than you guys probably have in the last 3. Other than Ryan Gomes, Kevin Love, Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer, EVERY SINGLE OTHER PLAYER is new to MN. And the aforementioned players are brand-new to the triangle offense, so, go put that in your pipe and smoke it. That's why we've lost so many games.

Now...

Like I said, punk: put your $$ where your mouth is. I'll even bet on our next game. Get someone who can make embarrassing sig's, and I'm game. You lose, you put on the sig for a month. Ditto for myself. We're playing IN Sactown on a second-half of a back-to-back (we play the Lakers the night before), so, as you see, I'm slanting it in your direction. Even though, I know you have an advantage, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. That's how confident that our squad can beat your squad.

Tony, you got connections, get someone to dash a couple of embarrassing sig's up. I'm game if you're game.

Edit: Brian Cardinal, too. He played with us last year as well.

:laugh2:

pasquale
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
imagine being a Raptors fan. half your team is from Europe. you are the last team to pass on Jennings. All your European scouts miss him? How is this possible? So last night you play against jennings for the first time and he absolutely dominates the game.

I thought Chris Paul was the closest thing I have seen to Isaih Thomas. Wrong it may be Jennings. Move over Minnesota. Misery loves company.

WSU Tony
12-10-2009, 11:27 PM
:laugh2:

You speak loudly and carry a matchstick.

DerekRE_3
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM
I'd do the sig bet but I'm too lazy to make the sig.