PDA

View Full Version : Mets shopping for players that Meche

YankeeFan28
12-07-2009, 08:38 AM
That is why the Mets are looking at other options, including Royals starter Gil Meche. Omar Minaya and Royals GM Dayton Moore spoke several times before these meetings, and plan to expand on talks here. The Mets had no interest in a Luis Castillo-Jose Guillen trade with the Royals.

But they would consider Meche, who has two years at $24 million left on his contract at a time when the Royals are looking to trim payroll. The Mets might explore the possibility of moving Castillo as part of a Meche deal, possibly by taking another bad contract, such as those belonging to relievers Kyle Farnsworth ($4.25 million) or Juan Cruz ($3.75 million).

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/mets_shopping_for_players_that_meche_38CLKn3HNTF22 LLlZ4pLkL#ixzz0Z0QwwDPs

MetsFan8
12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Not sure how interested I'd be in a deal for Meche. He's good, don't get me wrong, I just feel that there are few question marks concerning his health. We're already paying a ton of money for O.Perez, who has been extremely disappointing since signing the contract, not to mention the fact that J.Maine has been unhealthy for most of his career. I'd prefer someone like Marquis, who has consistently pitched >30games for the better part of his career. Production out of both is fairly even, with Meche probably outperforming MArquis by a little. Unless the Royals take Castillo, I wouldn't be inclined to pay Meche's salary.