PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NBA ALL-Star Game 1st Ballot Returns to Most Likely Come Out Later This Week

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I was "guess-timating" around what time the 1st ballot returns would come out. Last year, it was on Thursday, December 11, 2008.

This is the one from last yr: http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/f...rns/index.html

So my guess is that the NBA will reveal the results this yr on Thursday, December 10, 2009.

I'm just antsy to see who the fans have been voting for so far and who might be the surprise leaders, and which guys surprisingly are getting votes over other guys.

And I guess this is a great time to update our predictions or current feelings of the all-star teams in the first 20 games or so of the season.

Note: The starters that I'm putting down should be starters not via popular support, but because they deserve to be there (Top choices at their respective positions)

West

Coach: Alvin Gentry (PHX)

G Steve Nash (PHX)
G Kobe Bryant (LAL)
F Carmelo Anthony (DEN)
F Dirk Nowizki (DAL)
C Andrew Bynum (LAL)

F Pau Gasol (LAL)
F Tim Duncan (SAS)
C Amar'e Stoudemire (PHX)
G Deron Williams (UTA)
F Carlos Boozer (UTA)
G Brandon Roy (POR)
F Kevin Durant (OKC)

Darkhorses: G Tyreke Evans (SAC), Marc Gasol (MEM)

East

Coach: Glenn "Doc" Rivers (BOS)

G Rajon Rondo (BOS)
G Dwyane Wade (MIA)
F LeBron James (CLE)
F Chris Bosh (TOR)
C Dwight Howard (ORL)

F Kevin Garnett (BOS)
F Paul Pierce (BOS)
G Vince Carter (ORL)
G Joe Johnson (ATL)
F Josh Smith (ATL)
C Andrea Bargnani (TOR)
G Brandon Jennings (MIL)

Darkhorses: Derrick Rose (CHI), Brook Lopez (NJN)

Ragun
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
kevin garnett > bosh.

JordansBulls
12-06-2009, 07:45 PM
I was "guess-timating" around what time the 1st ballot returns would come out. Last year, it was on Thursday, December 11, 2008.

This is the one from last yr: http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/11/f...rns/index.html

So my guess is that the NBA will reveal the results this yr on Thursday, December 10, 2009.

I'm just antsy to see who the fans have been voting for so far and who might be the surprise leaders, and which guys surprisingly are getting votes over other guys.

And I guess this is a great time to update our predictions or current feelings of the all-star teams in the first 20 games or so of the season.

Note: The starters that I'm putting down should be starters not via popular support, but because they deserve to be there (Top choices at their respective positions)

West

Coach: Alvin Gentry (PHX)

G Steve Nash (PHX)
G Kobe Bryant (LAL)
F Carmelo Anthony (DEN)
F Dirk Nowizki (DAL)
C Andrew Bynum (LAL)

F Pau Gasol (LAL)
F Tim Duncan (SAS)
C Amar'e Stoudemire (PHX)
G Deron Williams (UTA)
F Carlos Boozer (UTA)
G Brandon Roy (POR)
F Kevin Durant (OKC)

Darkhorses: G Tyreke Evans (SAC), Marc Gasol (MEM)

East

G Rajon Rondo (BOS)
G Dwyane Wade (MIA)
F LeBron James (CLE)
F Chris Bosh (TOR)
C Dwight Howard (ORL)

F Kevin Garnett (BOS)
F Paul Pierce (BOS)
G Vince Carter (ORL)
G Joe Johnson (ATL)
F Josh Smith (ATL)
C Andrea Bargnani (TOR)
G Brandon Jennings (MIL)

Darkhorses: Derrick Rose (CHI), Brook Lopez (NJN)

I think CP3 will beat out Nash for the spot and for the other guard in the east I think Vince will get the starting nod over Rondo. Rondo isn't that popular.

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I think CP3 will beat out Nash for the spot and for the other guard in the east I think Vince will get the starting nod over Rondo. Rondo isn't that popular.

oh i know, but I indicated that the starting 5 that I put for each conference "deserve to start" based on their merits so far in this young season.

And to the other poster saying : KG> Bosh

same response, KG's been a beast in his defense and his FG%, but he has a championship contending squad, while Bosh is putting monster numbers across the board for a team trying to reach .500 and the playoffs. and when I say monster, i mean MONSTER. He's doing everything possible, and with KG's declining age and skills, Bosh > KG (today, in terms of skills), but if you asked me to choose one of the 2 players to have on my team, I'd for sure choose the Big Ticket without any hesitation

jimbobjarree
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I bet AI ends up there

randomness
12-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I bet AI ends up there

I think he'll probably start for the East as PG even though he probably doesn't deserve to start.

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I bet AI ends up there

that would be sweet. but, if AI is a starting guard along with Wade, then I feel Rondo will get a reserve spot, and I think in terms of guards, Jennings will be the one left off. I just don't think u can put jennings ahead of all those other guys i listed on the reserve list. so basically, if one or two other guys not currently on my reserves list someway somehow get catapulted into the starting line via popular vote, then jennings becomes a darkhorse, and his chances are very slim to make the East roster

Ryan328
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't know about Rondo.

Mavrix
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
How are you not gonna put Tim Duncan in there?

Duncan > Gasol

Raps18-19 Champ
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
So far, this should be the starting lineups

C-Howard
F-Bosh
F-Lebron
G-Wade
G-Johnson

C-Amare(He is listed as a C)
F-Duncan
F-Anthony
G-Kobe
G-Nash

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Duncan > Gasol

:confused: I did put Duncan, they're both listed as reserves. I put ur boy Dirk as a starting forward with Melo cuz they both deserve it.

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM

C-Howard
F-Bosh
F-Lebron
G-Wade
G-Johnson

F-Duncan
F-Anthony
G-Kobe
G-Nash

im not talkin about legacy and whats been done in the past, im talking about first 20 games or so.

wut u really put duncan over dirk starting? cuz if looking at merits, stats, whose had the bigger games so far, and team record, i'd go for dirk. plus, dirk is a top5 mvp candidate right now.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-06-2009, 08:25 PM
im not talkin about legacy and whats been done in the past, im talking about first 20 games or so.

wut u really put duncan over dirk starting? cuz if looking at merits, stats, whose had the bigger games so far, and team record, i'd go for dirk. plus, dirk is a top5 mvp candidate right now.

I'm talking about the starting lineups by vote.

Duncan has been starting for 10 years straight. I think he can make it 11 times.

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm talking about the starting lineups by vote.

Duncan has been starting for 10 years straight. I think he can make it 11 times.

ya, i kno wut u mean yo

bigsams50
12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
I know one thing, Bynum will start the All-Star game at Center

Mckphins
12-06-2009, 08:45 PM
^not likely, he'll be injured by then

BADizzleBoY
12-06-2009, 08:46 PM

Duncan > Gasol

This.

bigsams50
12-06-2009, 08:46 PM
This.

He had Duncan

king4day
12-06-2009, 08:49 PM
East

G Rajon Rondo (BOS)
G Dwyane Wade (MIA)
F LeBron James (CLE)
F Chris Bosh (TOR)
C Dwight Howard (ORL)

Imagine the 'big 3' free agents to be, starting on the same allstar team.
That'd be sick.
I can't remember if they did already, but still, that's a scary lineup.

dtmagnet
12-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I really think Brook Lopez will make it, he's doing very well.

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 09:15 PM
^not likely, he'll be injured by then

:mad:

Bulls_fan90
12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
I really think Brook Lopez will make it, he's doing very well.

Not with their record.

Ragun
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM
oh i know, but I indicated that the starting 5 that I put for each conference "deserve to start" based on their merits so far in this young season.

And to the other poster saying : KG> Bosh

same response, KG's been a beast in his defense and his FG%, but he has a championship contending squad, while Bosh is putting monster numbers across the board for a team trying to reach .500 and the playoffs. and when I say monster, i mean MONSTER. He's doing everything possible, and with KG's declining age and skills, Bosh > KG (today, in terms of skills), but if you asked me to choose one of the 2 players to have on my team, I'd for sure choose the Big Ticket without any hesitation

you cant just go by numbers. then zach randolph would be an all-star.

Lost Art
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM

C-Howard
F-Bosh
F-Lebron
G-Wade
G-Johnson

F-Duncan
F-Anthony
G-Kobe
G-Nash

How has Amare been better than Bynum? Bynum has better #'s across the board and he has absolutely dominated him in their only head-to-head matchup. We'll see what happens tonight?

ko8e24
12-10-2009, 03:27 AM
I really hope they have the 1st Ballot returns out tomorrow. Im really eager to see where Pau stands among the West Forwards and where Drew stands among the West Centers