PDA

View Full Version : Will there be women in the NBA?

Ty Fast
12-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Lebron said no when he was asked, and I am going to say no. Was just wondering what you thought?

Ty Fast
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
and i mean players not refs

B.JenningsMVP
12-06-2009, 04:19 PM
yes

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 04:26 PM
well think of it this way.

3 decemebr it was the 20th aniversary of the tragic death of fernando martin.

who happens to be this guy?

the first euro ever to play in the nba WITHOUT having been to NCAA

that was in 1986, common feeling o fans and coaches was that euros sucked and if they didnt get the higer learnigns from ncaa they were worth nothing and that no euro ot formed in america did have any kind of place in the nba.

Fernando failed in portland because his coach was largely biased against him as a matter of fact he also had petrovic the following year and was making him grow frogs on his *** by sittig on the bench and woudl have killed hsi career if he wasnt lucky enough to be traded to nets.

but he was traded to the nets and blossomed.

20 years laters we have euro players being all stars, regular season mvps finals mvps.

so , women? definetly not at sg, sf, pf or c

but some extreme high iq extreme high shootig percentage, reasonably quick PG?

why not?

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
well think of it this way.

3 decemebr it was the 20th aniversary of the tragic death of fernando martin.

who happens to be this guy?

the first euro ever to play in the nba WITHOUT having been to NCAA

that was in 1986, common feeling o fans and coaches was that euros sucked and if they didnt get the higer learnigns from ncaa they were worth nothing and that no euro ot formed in america did have any kind of place in the nba.

Fernando failed in portland because his coach was largely biased against him as a matter of fact he also had petrovic the following year and was making him grow frogs on his *** by sittig on the bench and woudl have killed hsi career if he wasnt lucky enough to be traded to nets.

but he was traded to the nets and blossomed.

20 years laters we have euro players being all stars, regular season mvps finals mvps.

so , women? definetly not at sg, sf, pf or c

but some extreme high iq extreme high shootig percentage, reasonably quick PG?

why not?

bro, i like ur passion, but please, work on the grammar. I understand your from Spain and all, but I'm just asking nicely. No pun intended

RaptorizedKevin
12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
of course not theres a reason why we seperate me and woman in sports. the wnba is very fair. yu cant incoporate a coop game. it would be too rough

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
No.

Sly Guy
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
the way David Stern sucks LeBron's kack, you'd think there already is at least one.

SA5195
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Wnba

stevefrancis
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
so wat happens if a girl boxes out a guy and feels his hard d1ck. the guy will cum in his pants and sperm all over the court someone trips on it and they blame the girl.

sofargone
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
never, thats like asking will a man ever play in the WNBA

sofargone
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
so wat happens if a girl boxes out a guy and feels his hard d1ck. the guy will cum in his pants and sperm all over the court someone trips on it and they blame the girl.
steve francis would never say a thing like that.

dtmagnet
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM

Post of the year?

K5G
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
so wat happens if a girl boxes out a guy and feels his hard d1ck. The guy will cum in his pants and sperm all over the court someone trips on it and they blame the girl.

ahhahaahhaaha,

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
^more like sexist ban deserving post of the year.

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
mmmm actually do they do genetic tests to wnba players?

Caster Semenya!!!!!!!!!

tmacsc2
12-06-2009, 06:02 PM
Pretty sure no woman could keep up with a NBA playing physically at all....maybe if the nba was filled with all the old superstars who can barely walk

dayman
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
no woman will ever play in the NBA

ChaseHamels
12-06-2009, 06:29 PM

brilliant.

AnkleBreaker28
12-06-2009, 06:38 PM
absolutly not! Steve Francis, really?

KayNti
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Player? Never in a million years... Coach however seems more realistic

sofargone
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
mmmm actually do they do genetic tests to wnba players?

Caster Semenya!!!!!!!!!
lol have you ever seen the movie Juwanna Mann?
http://vnsecurity.com/uploads/mimg/anhphim/ym/1804555498p.jpg

Bishnoff
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I hope not.

levignjw
12-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Intelligently put.

+1

Kyle N.
12-06-2009, 07:22 PM
bro, i like ur passion, but please, work on the grammar. I understand your from Spain and all, but I'm just asking nicely. No pun intended

What does it matter? He's actually adding something to the conversation. It's difficult to use perfect grammar in a language that isn't your first language. Why don't you go around and tell the people who post pointless **** to stop posting pointless ****.

SEATTLEredsox
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM

haha made me laugh so hard

HoopsDrive
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Lmao...

97'bulls
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM
I don't think there will ever be a girl who's good enough. and God I hope not, that would be horrible. Wat happens when they're fighting for a rebound and a player accidentally grabs her *** or something. There's a WNBA for women, let's keep it that way

loufor2
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
yeah, and women will play in the NFL too! Women aren't better than men at any single sport.

Dr.Philly
12-06-2009, 08:47 PM

Sig worthy

Spurred1
12-06-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah, and women will play in the NFL too! Women aren't better than men at any single sport.

That part may be true, but thank God we're better than men in everything else. :D

ManRam
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
No. And Hellcrooner, there is a huge difference between comparing American men to European men and comparing Men to Women. The gap is much, much, much wider in the latter.

akagiredsuns
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM

EPIC!!! LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kyle N.
12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
I don't think there will ever be a girl who's good enough. and God I hope not, that would be horrible. Wat happens when they're fighting for a rebound and a player accidentally grabs her *** or something. There's a WNBA for women, let's keep it that way

High school wrestling is co-ed. :shrug:

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 09:24 PM

:speechless:

&

:laugh:

at the same time

silvTeg98
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM
they made the WNBA for a reason

mdlr52192
12-06-2009, 09:31 PM

Juwanna man?

mdlr52192
12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
It would be a gropefest and girls would be gettin felt up and its just physical defense, and there would be way too much controversy.

smith&wesson
12-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Manon Rheaume

for those who have never heard of manon, ill tell you somthing interesting about her.
she was the first every NHL female hockey player!

hockey is a full contact sport, ruffer then the NBA, obviously and if a female is tuff enough out there to play with men in the pro's I really beleive there is a female capable of hanging with nba players as well.

dont be naive gentlemen, remember there is a girl out there who can kick yourass, theres a girl out there who can out shoot you, dunk on you, cross you, no matter how good you are at somthing theres somone out there who is better then you, and guess what that someone can be a girl. woman can go in the military and fight for your country, then they can do anything.

im actually suprised, most psd posters (on a good day) have shown good character and intellect in they're posts, why all of sudden turn in to a 10 year old when asked if woman can play pro ball ?? cmon guys dont be so closed minded.

MELO 15
12-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Im from NY, and we'd have pickup games we played with women, and I wouldn't go hard beause of the fear that she might get hurt, people got mad that I wasn't going hard, even she did herself, so when I finally did, she got hurt, the point is, imagine a candice parker was playing at full speed with the likes of kobe, lebron, Melo, and big bruisers, they wouldn't want to go hard in fear of hurting her, that is why we have the wnba. this is not a bias statement, its the truth.

smith&wesson
12-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Im from NY, and we'd have pickup games we played with women, and I wouldn't go hard beause of the fear that she might get hurt, people got mad that I wasn't going hard, even she did herself, so when I finally did, she got hurt, the point is, imagine a candice parker was playing at full speed with the likes of kobe, lebron, Melo, and big bruisers, they wouldn't want to go hard in fear of hurting her, that is why we have the wnba. this is not a bias statement, its the truth.

respectable.

smith&wesson
12-06-2009, 09:54 PM

ive played with girls on college teams who were better then me. ive also played with my girl friend who didnt want to break a nail. depends on which girls you playing with i guess.

TopsyTurvy
12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I applaud Stern for being a progressive thinker. Women will make it into the NBA and may fit in well enough to see some serious playing time. The game has changed drastically over the past few generations in terms of limiting physical play. Athletes have responded by coming in faster and stronger to take every advantage possible. As the 3pt line has backed up, there has always been a need for a ranged player. While I can't picture women playing at the 5 spot, I can picture women of various sizes playing 1-4 to varying degrees of success.

SA5195
12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
You expect a women to box out people like Dwight?

ko8e24
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM

knowing how guys fall prey to women and could easily get a hard on if a woman rubs her arse against him, the guy will prolly loose concentration and sight of the ball and the woman will probably end up getting the rebound

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
^no but i guess a 6,8 woman with GOOD combination could score over steve nash or sergio rodriguez or any other suspect defense pg.

sofargone
12-06-2009, 10:02 PM
lol have you ever seen the movie Juwanna Mann?
http://vnsecurity.com/uploads/mimg/anhphim/ym/1804555498p.jpg

Juwanna man?

exactly

smith&wesson
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM

no but i bet there are ones that can box out like andrea bargniani lol

and flop less then ginobly

and defend better then calderon

and get more mins then scalabrine

and cause less drama then marbury

i can go one, but you could probably agree with this.

bagwell368
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM

Really? There is a women who can swim distances in cold water over distances that crush what any man has ever done.

Then there is the whole having a baby thing, that's pretty athletic, think they got the boys on that one.

I'd rather cooperate with the opposite sex, then beat it, you know?

One thing about women's basketball (college not that pro vomit) is that in the top 20 programs, women being less dominating physically actually play the game in a more team like fashion. You know passing, give and go, etc. from a purist standpoint they blow most of the idiots in the NBA away. I learned about ball from the Celts of the 60's, 70's, and 80's, and some strict coaches that bought into that 100%. There was no 3 pointer, and dunks got you a technical when I was in HS. Much better then the 3 in grade school or High School of today. For one thing, that's why there are so few great low post players. You got idiots like Sheed playing 24' from the basket, and dweebs like Durant that gets 31 points, 5 rebounds, and no defensive stops a night.

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
and i gues that people missed martina navratilove beating professionals at tennis.

yes she was the BEST female then and she beat like the 200 ranked player

but SHE BEAT IT.

wich means the BEST female woudl of course nto be an allstar in nba nor a starter probably.

but damm sure she could get more minutes than Adam Morrison, Scalabrine, jerome james, and the rest of the towel waivers

Phxtoday
12-06-2009, 10:09 PM
how is this even a discussion? i mean it'd be different if they didn't already have a national basketball association for women.. but last time i checked, WNBA anyone? i don't see how there is any debate on this topic..

LanceUpperCut
12-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Manon Rheaume

for those who have never heard of manon, ill tell you somthing interesting about her.
she was the first every NHL female hockey player!

hockey is a full contact sport, ruffer then the NBA, obviously and if a female is tuff enough out there to play with men in the pro's I really beleive there is a female capable of hanging with nba players as well.

dont be naive gentlemen, remember there is a girl out there who can kick yourass, theres a girl out there who can out shoot you, dunk on you, cross you, no matter how good you are at somthing theres somone out there who is better then you, and guess what that someone can be a girl. woman can go in the military and fight for your country, then they can do anything.

im actually suprised, most psd posters (on a good day) have shown good character and intellect in they're posts, why all of sudden turn in to a 10 year old when asked if woman can play pro ball ?? cmon guys dont be so closed minded.

Ya she was a goalie for a new franchise pulling a publicity stunt and she played only in a pre-season game and was pulled.

Tony_Starks
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
I'd take Candace Parker over Jared Jeffries and I'd take Lisa Lesley over Eddie Curry..... As a matter of fact, I'd take Candace Parker over her brother Anthony and her damn husband Sheldon Williams anyday!

Dr.Philly
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
knowing how guys fall prey to women and could easily get a hard on if a woman rubs her arse against him, the guy will prolly loose concentration and sight of the ball and the woman will probably end up getting the rebound

Not as great as my sig, but this post is also good.

sofargone
12-06-2009, 11:52 PM
this thread sucks

Raph12
12-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Never gonna happen.

rabzouz 96
12-07-2009, 03:24 AM
women would have to take the juicing to another level to seriously compete in the nba.

29$JerZ
12-07-2009, 03:43 AM
Skill wise its actually possible for a woman as a PG and maybe even a SG to make it at the NBA level.

As a forward or Center I just can't see it.

But my answer is no, never happening.

LA_Raiders
12-07-2009, 03:44 AM
No, come on now....

I love them but i dont want to see them get push around...

barreleffact
12-07-2009, 06:11 AM

have you seen how ugly most girls in the wnba are???

but back to the question. yes and no. i cant see a gm being serious enough to do it unless its for publicity not for skill. the nba game is to physical and girls aret athletic enough. plus there would have to be a pregnancy termination clause different lockerrooms, all this other bs. it was nice for stern to b publicly correct but it wasnt realistic. inversely lebron is talking a lot lately and is making himself look worse and worse. maybe he should limit his responses to the media

commonsense12
12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
This is going to sound sexiest but oh well. The simple fact of the matter is that men are more physical and athletic then woman. Mens bodies are just built differently. The examples of a woman beating a man are all the same you take a top woman and put them against not a top man and she wins..... well hurrah. Billie jean king beats a nobody, i wanna see a woman beat Federer.

Problem is that NBA is the top talent level of men for that particualr sport. NO woman is going to be able to compete in the paint and no woman can compete physically with Men over a season.

It reminds me of a woman goalie who tried to play in the NHL. I think she played one preseason game and got lit up and never played again. She was supposely so great, and she couldnt hack it. Same thing for the NBA its not going to happen.

nipo10847
12-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Never. But having chris quinn in nba gives me a second thought tho considering many wnba players would abuse him physically one on one.... lol.

mfb_lt1birdman
12-07-2009, 10:34 AM
I don't see how. Where would the distinction be? There is a WNBA and and NBA. W for womans and it goes without saying NBA is for men. Would there be a case then for a man to play in the WNBA?

The only roster spot I feel a woman could ever be capable of playing would be an off the bench knock down shooter, or maybe a PG as someone mentioned. I could see a woman playing the role of a Steve Kerr maybe. But why? It should stay the way it is...that is woman play in the WNBA.

amoore87
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
so you think a team would rather run with maya moore or candace parker than ANY other male athlete??

notoriouzzzz
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Hell NO.. it's not a matter of women been in NBA. It's more like I don't want to see Women in the NBA. Nothing sexist.. There's a reason why the WNBA was created. I'm sure there are women in the world that could handle it.. but allowing women to play in the NBA.. it won't be the same anymore! All those hard fouls, body-ing up, physically dominating an opponent. It's still different when you play against a woman.. you can't be as physical or aggressive unless u have no conscience or that's how u were raised.

notoriouzzzz
12-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I'd take Candace Parker over Jared Jeffries and I'd take Lisa Lesley over Eddie Curry..... As a matter of fact, I'd take Candace Parker over her brother Anthony and her damn husband Sheldon Williams anyday!
well ya I would too if I looking for strippers..

GAWDtv
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
To answer the question NO, absolutly not.

I remember the first woman ref in the NBA sued Rodman and had him find for patting her on the *** saying good call. It's nasty but the men do it all the time and sexuality doesn't come into it.

If a woman was guarding you, boxing you out or vis-versa, wouldn't it be good defence, ala Dennis Rodman to get in her head and her off her game? Wouldn't touching her punani and stealing the ball or rubbing her titties to get her out of post position or grabbing her @$$ to make her miss a pass or lose attention, i digress, be good defence?? What if she was a real whore, and the wives of the players on her team did not want their husbands around her in such close quarters after the ""train in the changeroom rumors"" get out, would that be grounds for a trade or early retirement???

Hellcrooner
12-07-2009, 02:53 PM
^oh well i guess if sye bird touched some players bollocks while defenidng or viceversa it would be sexual a scandal.

but on the other side AMAECHI touching some players bollocks or viceversa is not a scandal.....

albertc86
12-07-2009, 02:55 PM
There will never be a woman in the NBA. It's just not physically possible. The best WNBA team would probably have a difficult time against the top men's high school teams.

Hellcrooner
12-07-2009, 02:57 PM
^ and they wodl probably BEAT some of the mediocre ones.

junion
12-07-2009, 02:58 PM
theres already women in the nba and where they should be.. on the sidelines cheering for their teams.

TheKing23
12-07-2009, 02:59 PM
This is going to sound sexiest but oh well. The simple fact of the matter is that men are more physical and athletic then woman. Mens bodies are just built differently. The examples of a woman beating a man are all the same you take a top woman and put them against not a top man and she wins..... well hurrah. Billie jean king beats a nobody, i wanna see a woman beat Federer.

Problem is that NBA is the top talent level of men for that particualr sport. NO woman is going to be able to compete in the paint and no woman can compete physically with Men over a season.

It reminds me of a woman goalie who tried to play in the NHL. I think she played one preseason game and got lit up and never played again. She was supposely so great, and she couldnt hack it. Same thing for the NBA its not going to happen.

That didn't sound like the sexiest to me...

albertc86
12-07-2009, 03:00 PM
theres already women in the nba and where they should be.. on the sidelines cheering for their teams.

Exactly. Plus, what about the locker room situation? Not to be sexist --- there's nothing entertaining about female sports except for the eye candy factor --- but have you seen most of these women? No thanks.

BkOriginalOne
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't thiink WNBA players could beat NCAA teams.
NO.

You think Theresa Whetherspoon could guard Allen Iverson.
Lisa Leslie against KG
Candace Parker vs Kobe.

albertc86
12-07-2009, 03:14 PM
I don't thiink WNBA players could beat NCAA teams.
NO.

You think Theresa Whetherspoon could guard Allen Iverson.
Lisa Leslie against KG
Candace Parker vs Kobe.

I know some NBA players look they don't belong but that says something about the skill in the league. The worst NBA player would dominate the WNBA.

billythekid
12-07-2009, 04:03 PM

tennis

Jack_Meoff
12-07-2009, 04:24 PM

Best point made all day..... to think of it....NBA, like the NFL and other physical sports are measuring sticks .... and they measure one thing... thats right.... "Manhood"..... putting a woman in the mix is crazy... its like putting pigs in the sea.... yea they can float for a lil but they just gonna drown, especially when theres sharks in the water and stuff.... They can put them in as like decoys so like a really hot babe runs on the court and like tries to do stuff to like kobe or something and see if he will take the bait... maybe air it on like pay per view or cinemax after hours.... I should patten that idea...

Jetsguy
12-07-2009, 05:04 PM
no way. they are just not good enough. Who knows how human kind will evolve in say the year 2500 if there is still an NBA then yeah because all the people will be playing on flying saucers and you wont have to be so athletic.

Seriously though...not happening and shouldnt happen, it took how long to even start the WNBA and you can tell watching those games they are not even that good against each other

Tony_Starks
12-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't buy the whole thing about a woman player wouldnt be strong or athletic enough. They're are plenty of players that are slow, unathletic, can't defend anyone etc.... and they stick around based on one skill. A dead eye shooter for example. So you mean to tell me that if you had a chick that could shoot like, say Jason Kapono for example, she couldn't come in just to get you a couple 3's? All they have to do is play zone on the other end. I don't see what the difference is?

MTar786
12-07-2009, 05:44 PM
dont we already have a female nba player? sasha vujacic?

Jack_Meoff
12-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I don't buy the whole thing about a woman player wouldnt be strong or athletic enough. They're are plenty of players that are slow, unathletic, can't defend anyone etc.... and they stick around based on one skill. A dead eye shooter for example. So you mean to tell me that if you had a chick that could shoot like, say Jason Kapono for example, she couldn't come in just to get you a couple 3's? All they have to do is play zone on the other end. I don't see what the difference is?

wrong because Jason Kapono is still a man and can use his body for positioning... he doesnt just stand there and shoot(kinda does, but doesnt)... plus a girl might be have an accurate shot but everything is going to be slower including the set up and her shot will get punched.... and every player on the opposing team will love to throw her shot to the crowd....

mlisica19
12-07-2009, 06:08 PM
Its possible, Im not saying any starting women but think of women who can move the ball quite skillfully or smooth and pass with such precision. I dont think the shooting would work, too many defenders are faster or strong enough to out match a women shooter in the NBa and shell never get a proper shot off. Plus men shooters in the World are better shooters, they shoot from farther distances and much more precise and accurate. Maybe if u had like a female pg lol.

madiaz3
12-07-2009, 06:11 PM
High school wrestling is co-ed. :shrug:

Yeah and there's a huge penalty for popping a boner. So the dude has a point.