PDA

View Full Version : Elton Brand on coming off bench: "I don't accept it"

JordansBulls
12-06-2009, 12:47 AM
Source: Philly (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Brand_not_happy.html)

Here's the conversation with Brand.

You okay with coming off the bench:

"No, of course not. You know what I mean, itís like ... weíre not winning either way, so Iíd rather be out there and give us the best chance."

Thoughts on AI:

"We have to see, I donít know. I know Iverson can help us and do what he does and be that scorer, but Iím sure he wants to start, too. So, weíve got two guys that want to start."

Do you accept not starting?

"No, I donít accept it. What it is Ė being a competitor Ė but also I donít think I have done anything to merit a bench spot."

Have you talked to Jordan about it?

"No. Not much, not at all."

How's the hamstring, is it hindering you?

"Not at all, no lingering effect. He knows I feel good. Maybe keep coming off the bench playing my 20 minutes and maybe I can crack the lineup."

HoopsDrive
12-06-2009, 12:49 AM
Distant memories of that 20-10 Brand from the Clippers...

black1605
12-06-2009, 12:51 AM
no idea how we pulled it out today

dtmagnet
12-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Brand should start, why wouldn't he?

mjt20mik
12-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I think if he doesn't start, they definitely should trade him. I understand where he's coming from, cause if they were winning, I don't think Brand would have a problem. But there not, so..

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 01:02 AM
ho ho ho just perfect timing!!!!!!!!

Wellcome Allen!!!

brand: If this punk can force his way into a starting line up why cant i???

sofargone
12-06-2009, 01:03 AM
brand better not start drama...just when i thought it would be over

Raph12
12-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Brand is not the same guy he was in LA, Speights may beat him out of the starting line for good.

pd7631
12-06-2009, 01:08 AM
ho ho ho just perfect timing!!!!!!!!

Wellcome Allen!!!

brand: If this punk can force his way into a starting line up why cant i???

Going out of your way to take a shot at Allen Iverson again I see.

Eddie Jordan is a horrible coach. To me Eddie Jordan is the Mike Martz of basketball. He was seen as the architect behind the Nets great offense at the early part of the decade. Then he got his head coaching job and showed that he's just a arrogant, pompous, *******....who is so infatuated with his "princeton" offense, that he will alienate his own players, including the highest paid, just to make it work. He's also so convinced that his offense is so amazing, that he doesn't care one bit whether or not the team plays defense. Tonight they allowed 106 points to the Bobcats, who are the 2nd worst team in terms of ppg at 88.4.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that the hiring of Eddie Jordan was just the NJ connection of Ed Stefanski and Eddie Jordan being buddy buddy.

Elton Brand should absolutely be starting!

dbow1920
12-06-2009, 01:09 AM
He should be saying this...He has been playing very well lately

big_joker15
12-06-2009, 01:09 AM
love to see a trade to bucks but brand trade vaule is terrible plus he maxs contract makes him almost untradeable

pd7631
12-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Brand is not the same guy he was in LA, Speights may beat him out of the starting line for good.

Speights was grossly outplaying Brand, but Speights went down with a knee injury. So there's no good reason why he shouldn't be starting right now.

The real crime is that Samuel Dalembert continues to start. When Speights gets back, the starting lineup should be...AI,Iggy,Thad,Speights,Brand(despite his size, he does a solid job defending centers)

More-Than-Most
12-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Brand isn't the one that should be benched or traded... They need to either bench Iggy or just keep the ball out of his hand. He has a horrible shot and continues to try to be something he is not and that is the go to guy... So tired of watching a sixers game where he gets the last shot down by 1 and he bricks it every single time. Yes he avgs 18 a game but anyone can do that when you take 18-22 shots a game and make 6-8 of those shots.

LeonFSU
12-06-2009, 01:20 AM
Speights was grossly outplaying Brand, but Speights went down with a knee injury. So there's no good reason why he shouldn't be starting right now.

The real crime is that Samuel Dalembert continues to start. When Speights gets back, the starting lineup should be...AI,Iggy,Thad,Speights,Brand(despite his size, he does a solid job defending centers)

Dalembert should definitely not be starting. I agree. I don't even think Dalembert should play. He is just awful. Even before Speights gets back, they should just play Brand at C with Young, Iverson, Iguodala, and either Kapono or Holliday. Even if they are extremely small, it doesn't matter when going to a big lineup requires playing Dalembert.

Hellcrooner
12-06-2009, 01:23 AM

dont worry dude iverson will come back home take his 70 shots a game shoot his 30% and get his 35 ppg make the allstar and all league team while sixers go itno lottery or are sewpt in first round.

runforrestrunx9
12-06-2009, 01:33 AM
he should be starting!!! when speights comes back, mabe not, but their is no reson he should not be starting and getting 35 mins a game

pd7631
12-06-2009, 01:35 AM
dont worry dude iverson will come back home take his 70 shots a game shoot his 30% and get his 35 ppg make the allstar and all league team while sixers go itno lottery or are sewpt in first round.

Let it go dude...

Slimsim
12-06-2009, 01:36 AM
Brand is a bum now. Philly ****ed up offering him that much cash.

IBleedPurple
12-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Brand is massively overpaid, and really could merit being a backup based on his play.

Trade Dalembert to the Nuggets and let Brand start. Actually after looking at his contract, no way he is worth that kind of $ unless it's a deadline deal

Vinny642
12-06-2009, 02:54 AM
-_- He isnt the old Brand, so he better play, regardless on how the coach plays him.

Unec
12-06-2009, 03:17 AM
Brand should be starting..end of discussion!!!!!!!

Lakersfan2483
12-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Source: Philly (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/deep-sixer/Brand_not_happy.html)

Elton Brand is still in the NBA?

Trouble87
12-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Brand has been often injured since becoming a 76er... He need to realize that he's not the same player he was. Accept a new role and be happy you have a huge guaranteed contract

Highlight
12-06-2009, 04:45 AM
Brand has been often injured since becoming a 76er... He need to realize that he's not the same player he was. Accept a new role and be happy you have a huge guaranteed contract

I would agree with you, but starting Dalembert as on any team is a crime.

THE MTL
12-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Oh well thats what you get for screwing over so many franchises! This one guy managed to screw over three franchises at once.

GS- Lost Baron Davis cause he thought he was going to pair up with Brand

LAC- Cause Brand lied to them and took like 2 more million just to go to Philly

PHILLY- Cause they didnt know the player they were getting

**Clear message- what goes around comes around!

sp1derm00
12-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Oh well thats what you get for screwing over so many franchises! This one guy managed to screw over three franchises at once.

Hahaha!

Never thought of it that way... one man that took down three franchises. :clap:

Highlight
12-06-2009, 06:29 AM

Hahaha!

Never thought of it that way... one man that took down three franchises. :clap:

And everyone thought Carlos Boozer was bad! ;)

Chronz
12-06-2009, 06:52 AM
lol who are they starting over brand, isnt whats his face injured?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Brand should start, why wouldn't he?

'cause he sucks, thats why

Brand isn't the one that should be benched or traded... They need to either bench Iggy or just keep the ball out of his hand. He has a horrible shot and continues to try to be something he is not and that is the go to guy... So tired of watching a sixers game where he gets the last shot down by 1 and he bricks it every single time. Yes he avgs 18 a game but anyone can do that when you take 18-22 shots a game and make 6-8 of those shots.

Definetly agree, i have never get it that Igaoudala thing, he isnt a leader and has another horrible contract(68mil/5years)

JayW_1023
12-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Someone needs to rebound all these misses Iversons chucking will generate.

bigsams50
12-06-2009, 08:11 AM

Really? you must not like AI at all. You cant deny the mans got skill. But you, you just keep taking shots at him.

MrMDN
12-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Eddie Jordan has destroyed basketball for Philadelphia fans and I guess he just decided to take Elton Brand to basketball hell with the rest of us.

JordansBulls
12-06-2009, 10:58 AM
It is kinda surprising how quickly he fell off as a star.

b_rad23
12-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd start
AI
AI
Thad
Brand
Speights

Kakaroach
12-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Geez is Speights really that much better? I know this isn't the same Brand but c'mon...

dbow1920
12-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Geez is Speights really that much better? I know this isn't the same Brand but c'mon...

Offensively Speights is a stud...He reminds me of an Amare Stoudemire with a jumpshot...His only flaws are his rebounding and ,although he does block shots, his defense, which are 2 things that Elton Brand excels at...To me its a no brainer that Brand should be starting simply because we have enough offensive production from AI, Iggy, and Thad (not to mention Lou when he comes back)...Speights is going to be a very, VERY good player though and probably should be the starter next year

Kakaroach
12-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Offensively Speights is a stud...He reminds me of an Amare Stoudemire with a jumpshot...His only flaws are his rebounding and ,although he does block shots, his defense, which are 2 things that Elton Brand excels at...To me its a no brainer that Brand should be starting simply because we have enough offensive production from AI, Iggy, and Thad (not to mention Lou when he comes back)...Speights is going to be a very, VERY good player though and probably should be the starter next year Uhhh Amare has one of the best jumpers in the game for a big man lol? But thanks for the info.

GodsSon
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Philly has found themselves in an interesting predicament

HouRealCoach
12-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Young plays better at PF.... Iggy plays better as SF and thats why they won much without Brand.... If they cant play those positions as Brand starts then he has to come off the bench

Raph12
12-07-2009, 12:57 AM
PG: AI
SG: Iggy
SF: Thad
PF: Speights
C: Dalembert
6th: Brand

That would be a pretty damn good team to me.

pd7631
12-07-2009, 01:03 AM
C: Brand
6th: Lou Will

fixed.

Raph12
12-07-2009, 01:08 AM
fixed.

Brand at C? idk about that one... maybe trade Brand and Dalembert for a better C, then they would be awesome, but unlocking those two contracts would be damn difficult.

b_rad23
12-07-2009, 01:21 AM
fixed.

I read somewhere that Speights prefers center to PF.

Wouldn't that make a ton of sense?

You get your best 5 starting, your 6th man doing his thing, and Dalembert in a well defined role like he should be. Plus youre good defensively, and you can still get out and run.

LA_Raiders
12-07-2009, 02:45 AM
lol

JordansBulls
12-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Would any team take his contract now?

JayW_1023
12-07-2009, 12:30 PM
C: Dalembert
6th: Brand

On paper.

alexander_37
12-07-2009, 12:49 PM
On paper.

Paper is thin and flimsy like Brand

BkOriginalOne
12-07-2009, 01:04 PM
AI might get him into the lineup. Because they'd play better with his offensive rebounding.

69centers
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
If even Marbury accepted coming off the bench for the end of one season, what does that say for Brand and Iverson?

The Ooh Child
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
I really don't know what Eddie Jordan is thinking here. At least Elton is showing everyone that you can publicly disagree with your coach and not be a punk about it.