PDA

View Full Version : Whats Wrong With Derrick Rose and are the Bulls Regretting Letting Ben Gordon Go

k24springs
12-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Derrick Rose is already one of my favorite players but, right now he's really struggling this season so far. I mean what made him a tough cover was he was able to penetrate at will last season. Now the Bulls are struggling to score 90 points every game which is not good. This season he doesnt have many driving lanes because teams are starting to go under screens and clogging the paint forcing him to take short range jumpers. Are the Bulls regretting letting Ben Gordon leave?

Raoul Duke
12-05-2009, 12:40 PM
It's typical. He's experiencing a bit of a sophomore slump. Last season he was new and now scouts have had a year to watch him and defenses are adjusting. Not to mention he's had some nagging injuries that have slowed him down a bit.

As for Gordon, yeah, I think they miss him. But they don't regret letting him go. They have a nice little core to build on in Rose/Deng/Noah, and next summer could see them flip their cap space for a marquee post player (Boozer/Stat/Bosh).

Raph12
12-05-2009, 12:53 PM
They need a scoring SG, they should've taken a chance at Iverson IMO; low risk, high reward.

I think they should trade Hinrich for a scoring 2, maybe Hinrich + w/e, for someone like Kevin Martin, or something along those lines.

SchyGuy11
12-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Let me shed some light on the bulls situation for those who aren't bulls fans. Derrick Rose had an ankle injury during the pre season. He missed most of the pre season and started the regular season not even close to 100%. His ankle is still bothering him. You are right when you say his ability to cut and drive makes him hard to guard. With his ankle injury he doesn't have that second gear to blow by defenders all night long and you can see that he is slowing a bit and grimacing when he makes a quick move because his ankle is still bothering him. As for the rest of the team deng, hinrich and noah are doing well, but salmons blows, tyrus is injured but still blows, miller is the slowest man on the face of the planet, taj has been decent, james johnson has seen less floor time as a chicago bull than i have. I don't regret letting gordon go at all. Right now we do need some scoring and we don't really have any great jump shooters, but for the money we would have had to give gordon it would have hurt our plans for the offseason where we can hopefully get wade, bosh, or dare i say lebron.

pd7631
12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Let me shed some light on the bulls situation for those who aren't bulls fans. Derrick Rose had an ankle injury during the pre season. He missed most of the pre season and started the regular season not even close to 100%. His ankle is still bothering him. You are right when you say his ability to cut and drive makes him hard to guard. With his ankle injury he doesn't have that second gear to blow by defenders all night long and you can see that he is slowing a bit and grimacing when he makes a quick move because his ankle is still bothering him. As for the rest of the team deng, hinrich and noah are doing well, but salmons blows, tyrus is injured but still blows, miller is the slowest man on the face of the planet, taj has been decent, james johnson has seen less floor time as a chicago bull than i have. I don't regret letting gordon go at all. Right now we do need some scoring and we don't really have any great jump shooters, but for the money we would have had to give gordon it would have hurt our plans for the offseason where we can hopefully get wade, bosh, or dare i say lebron.

lol, I was waiting for the love affair with Salmons to end, the guy is a bum. As far as D-Rose goes, he'll get back to where he was last year, some guys just struggle for parts of the year. Andre Iguodala really struggled for the first couple months last season and then he picked it up and played like an All-Star the remainder of the season.

arkanian215
12-05-2009, 01:45 PM
injury. he's not fully healthy. he'll be back to the usual soon.

effen5
12-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Umm the Bulls always start slow....not to mention the teams we lost to are GOOD teams....except for the Bucks...that lost was unacceptable.

Cleveland
Milwaukee*
Utah
Portland
Denver
Lakers

These were our last 6 losses, against really good teams....not to mention we have a VERY THIN BENCH....our only bench player right now is Brad Miller.

We just need everyone to get healthy.

Chronz
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
They dont regret letting him go, but they are definitely missing his presence offensively. How some people thought the offense would get better by losing such an incredibly efficient scorer is beyond me.

effen5
12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
They dont regret letting him go, but they are definitely missing his presence offensively. How some people thought the offense would get better by losing such an incredibly efficient scorer is beyond me.

I think we are missing his offense because Salmons is struggling, he didn't struggle last year....Deng picked up Gordons offense just fine though. Again, I really think its because we are very thin at our bench.

jim51990
12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
rose isnt as good as people think he is nothings wrong this is him

Blackwater13
12-05-2009, 02:02 PM

LOL

Actually he is quite talented. He is however injured and has been all season. I will also add the coaching staff of the Bulls isn't helping him any either.

effen5
12-05-2009, 02:03 PM

Umm he had an ankle injury and is just coming back to game shape?

Before last night, hes been playing extremely well. He wasn't playing bad at all last night until Vinnie decided to quit after the third quarter.

After the Lakers game I guess it kinda clicked for him.

Lakers
20pts 6 asts

Denver
28pts 6reb 3 asts

Blazers
14pts 5 asts 3reb

Utah
19pts 2reb 4 asts

Bucks
19pts 7asts 2 reb

Detroit
19pts 6 reb 4 asts

So its definetly not Derrick Rose, we need Salmons to pick it up.

Legitimate
12-05-2009, 02:30 PM
they dont regret letting him go, but they are definitely missing his presence offensively. How some people thought the offense would get better by losing such an incredibly efficient scorer is beyond me.

1+

Sadds The Gr8
12-05-2009, 02:35 PM
the bulls were just overrated in the first place...when they let ben go i knew they would be a much worse team...he was their best shooter/scorer, and stretched the court to give Rose more room to work inside....ben was the reason they were close in that celtics series....and remember KG wasn't even there....

jimbobjarree
12-05-2009, 02:36 PM
shudda traded Deng for Boooozzzzzzzzz, too late now I guess, booz is raping

GodsSon
12-05-2009, 02:39 PM
well he had the ankle injury to deal with at the start of the year, so im sure that held him back...aside from that, it could be a sophomore slump stemming from additional pressure that BG alleviated last year

abe_froman
12-05-2009, 02:43 PM
there's no one to stretch the floor/command a double team,thus teams are able to focus on shutting him down/clogging the lanes.
so they need someone who can stretch the floor(or at least is a scoring threat/have the reputation as one to keep defenses honest),get him a credible offensive sg or pf.you should see it start to open up for him

...also i saw an interesting stat that showed that among star players he's on the lower end of having offensive flowing through him.so coach can take some heat in it to for not making him a bigger part of offensive schemes

also if you saw a few posts above.he came back from injury(was alittle cautious because of it),but has actually started to come out of it oover the past week or 2(just season average took a hit because of his poor start)

Kakaroach
12-05-2009, 02:50 PM
shudda traded Deng for Boooozzzzzzzzz, too late now I guess, booz is raping That is an under-statement. But I knew the second the Bulls didn't sign Gordon their offense would go down the drain, just like the Jazz offense would if we lost Boozer.

runforrestrunx9
12-05-2009, 03:05 PM

rose is really good, but ur rite, he is not as good as people think. he will be a great talent in the nba for a long time but he is not guna be a superstar by any means...

Lakers4ItAll
12-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Nothing is wrong with Rose they are just asking too much from him. The problem is the Bulls let Gordon go (which was a smart move) but didn't replace him with someone who could pick up the slack.

crazygolucky
12-05-2009, 03:15 PM
heres 4 reasons as to why the Bulls suck.

1. coaching staff.
2. Rose's lack of mid range game
3. Deng is not that good, should traded for Boozer.
4. Ben Gordon leaving

CB4AB7VC15
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Marbury 2.0 isn't a superstar........

crazygolucky
12-05-2009, 03:21 PM
and yeah rose is by no means a superstar. i think beasley would have been a better pickup

KH12
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Here's why the Bulls are off to a slow start.

1. Our Coach sucks.
2. Kirk and Salmons have played WAY below their normal standards.
3. Injuries to Kirk and Tyrus, as well as Rose starting off the year on a bum ankle who knows if he's 100% or when he got healthy.
4. We've played the fewest home games in the NBA.
5. The Circus Trip always kicks our ***.
6. We knew this season would be mediocre success, we're banking on signing a 2010 FA to push us over the edge.

Right now teams are able to collapse on Rose when he drives because nobody is hitting any shots. Rose and Salmons have shown signs of waking up, we just can't get Deng and Salmons to have a good game at the same time.

crazygolucky
12-05-2009, 04:03 PM
im sorry but i just have to say... from what ive been watching of the bulls: Deng sucks this year! HE takes way too many shots, and doest even hit most of them. ive seen him play better, but right now, it seems like he has no rythm.
correct me if im wrong...

abe_froman
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
im sorry but i just have to say... from what ive been watching of the bulls: Deng sucks this year! HE takes way too many shots, and doest even hit most of them. ive seen him play better, but right now, it seems like he has no rythm.

ok,your wrong.he's actually having a pretty good year(for him)

Lakersfan2483
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
The Bulls are clearly missing Ben Gordon's offense. They don't have any go to players down the stretch and it shows. They need a post presence as well.

boriquaabe
12-05-2009, 04:11 PM
his ankle has nothing to do with his busted jump shot...but he is still really young and I don't think Del negro's offensive style is conducive to what he does well. And I think the Bulls talent is tremendously overrated. Noah Uhhh... he's reached his ceiling and he talks to much junk. Deng hmmmm... he's aight nothing special I've never seen him take a game over.... salmons=mediocre, I like gibson's potential, I like Hinrich but he can't get the minutes he needs to be effective and it seems he is constantly deferring. Miller is garbage. The Bulls are just flat out overrated. Everybody made a big deal about how they took the celts last year to 7 games but the celts didn't have KG so I mean who cares... It shows you how weak the East was last year with KG being out and the pistons slide after Chauncey gets traded. Look at the Celtics taking the magic to 7 games minus Garnett and then the Magic getting served easily by the Lakers. Look right now I'm convinced The Celtics are the Best team in the East By alot... they will reprsent the East barring injuries. I'll put the house on that. (from a knick fan so no bias) And please nobody bring up the CAVS they are a regular season team if i've ever seen one and they won't beat the Celtics. I just can't wait to see the Celtics beat the Stinkin freggin "Lakeshow" again.... i effing can't stand KOBE and his band of merry queers.

_Supreme_
12-05-2009, 04:14 PM

Exactly, this is what you get when the media overhypes someone and the internet fans buy into all of it.

He is just another flashy scoring guard and not a true point guard.

Ty Fast
12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes D Rose is struggling, but they are not regretting letting Gordon go. First of all what is he doing in Detroit, and secondly they are planning on signing someone this off season. Lebron and Wade will most likey stay, but Bosh is most likely gone and it is between us and the Heat.

CHItownace84
12-05-2009, 04:53 PM
it was pretty obvious from free agency and the draft that the the bulls were taking a pass on this season and waiting till free agency next year, passing up on helpful big men like dajuan blair (if the spurs took him it means you screwed up and should not have passed on him twice) for taj gibson who provides absolutely nothing to the bulls

GodsSon
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
^ really? i thought Taj was playing pretty well :confused:

CowboysKB24
12-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Rose had a good rookie season. Sophomore season is just as important. He has not developed game any further since last year. He is the same player. He needs to get better. He is not an all-star. He is decent at best right now.

1-800-STFU
12-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Vinny. Del. Negro.

1-800-STFU
12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
^ really? i thought Taj was playing pretty well :confused:

He is, guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

zambo4president
12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
shudda traded Deng for Boooozzzzzzzzz, too late now I guess, booz is raping

Deng's doin pretty well himself.

MrFastBreak
12-05-2009, 05:33 PM

You're wrong and i'll correct you
I'm not even a Bulls fan, and I know Deng is bouncing back pretty well from that injury. To me, he's having a better season than any other player in a Bulls uniform, I don't know what you've been watching. And you're not gonna make most of your shots, I don't care who you are. But he is shooting a nice percentage from the field (.453 FG%) Without him, Chicago's offense would be much worse.

1-800-STFU
12-05-2009, 05:35 PM
You're wrong and i'll correct you
I'm not even a Bulls fan, and I know Deng is bouncing back pretty well from that injury. To me, he's having a better season than any other player in a Bulls uniform, I don't know what you've been watching. And you're not gonna make most of your shots, I don't care who you are. But he is shooting a nice percentage from the field (.453 FG%) Without him, Chicago's offense would be much worse.

:clap::clap::clap:

The truth has been spoken. Outside of Noah he's been our best player. Rose is a distant 3rd.

save the knicks
12-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Negro is to offense what dantoni is to defence

Kidd>>>K-Mart
12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Rose is not as good as everyone wants him to be.

Pauleboman
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Rose is not as good as everyone wants him to be.

Well see but I think Derek will come around he is a finisher and when he gets a sidekick to pick him up he will kick some buty..Until then the Bulls are not good but they will come around and will fight the best again..They are in a great position for Strong Help..I wish I could suit up

chicago lulz
12-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Negro is to offense what dantoni is to defence

Let's combine our coaches and have them coach both teams :D

iggypop123
12-05-2009, 07:05 PM
the bull were never any good. they lack an inside prescense so what do they do? they draft a thomas clone in gibson. now they want to trade him for harrington who is a permiter guy. when gray is your only post prescense you are screwed. ben just kept them above water with his 3's.

effen5
12-05-2009, 07:07 PM
the bull were never any good. they lack an inside prescense so what do they do? they draft a thomas clone in gibson. now they want to trade him for harrington who is a permiter guy. when gray is your only post prescense you are screwed. ben just kept them above water with his 3's.

We've NEVER EVER had an inside presence....even when we had Jordan we still never had an inside presence.

JordansBulls
12-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Derrick Rose is already one of my favorite players but, right now he's really struggling this season so far. I mean what made him a tough cover was he was able to penetrate at will last season. Now the Bulls are struggling to score 90 points every game which is not good. This season he doesnt have many driving lanes because teams are starting to go under screens and clogging the paint forcing him to take short range jumpers. Are the Bulls regretting letting Ben Gordon leave?

Nothing is wrong with us, we just aren't that good. What did you expect? We were only .500 last year. It wasn't like we were Portland who won 54 games last year or something.

JWO35
12-05-2009, 07:33 PM
When you lose a 20ppg guy...you don't get better Duh!

Team*Chicago
12-05-2009, 07:44 PM

What the hell are you talking about the Bulls never had a inside prescense player even during the Jordan era and in 43 years the Bulls existed.

Ty Fast
12-05-2009, 08:08 PM
What the hell are you talking about the Bulls never had a inside prescense player even during the Jordan era and in 43 years the Bulls existed.

what are you talking about. MJ was one of the best low post players of all time

Blackwater13
12-05-2009, 08:28 PM
what are you talking about. MJ was one of the best low post players of all time

He's talking about a 4 or a 5 that is good with his back to the basket. An inside threat not a 2 who can back his man down or post him up.

Gators123
12-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes D Rose is struggling, but they are not regretting letting Gordon go. First of all what is he doing in Detroit, and secondly they are planning on signing someone this off season. Lebron and Wade will most likey stay, but Bosh is most likely gone and it is between us and the Heat.

Besides putting up 20ppg on 45% shooting?

Chicago is 7-11
Detroit is 7-12

Pretty close wouldn't you say? But pistons have been doing that without their best players.

Hamilton has missed 18 games out of 19
Prince has missed 16 games out of 19
And Charlie V and Ben Gordon have missed games and have played injured.

Pistons haven't played as a full team since the first game, and pistons won that game by 22 points.

Rip and Prince should be back in the next two weeks (:pray:) and we will see who the better team is.

SteveNash
12-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Nothing is wrong with us, we just aren't that good. What did you expect? We were only .500 last year. It wasn't like we were Portland who won 54 games last year or something.

So what do you want the Bulls to do? Wait, give up on this season, and possibly get a lottery chance and try to sign a FA. Or make a move to try to win now?

Waiting for a FA is pretty risky, and you might have to end up paying Bosh big bucks because that's your only option.

JordansBulls
12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
So what do you want the Bulls to do? Wait, give up on this season, and possibly get a lottery chance and try to sign a FA. Or make a move to try to win now?

Waiting for a FA is pretty risky, and you might have to end up paying Bosh big bucks because that's your only option.

I want them to make some moves. But this organization is sooo tied on 2010 that it seems like the past few seasons after the Kobe fiasco we have been hanging everything into that plan.

Guys like Boozer, Amare, T-mac, etc have all been available and they all pretty much expire this season.

I'm on board for us to get Tmac at the present and if possible Boozer. If we can't do anything with T-mac and Boozer then it doesn't matter because they both expire.

ChiSox219
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM

I have no problem giving Bosh the max, even if he wants more and we have to do a S+T with Toronto so he can get 6 years.

heyman321
12-05-2009, 11:13 PM
I have no problem giving Bosh the max, even if he wants more and we have to do a S+T with Toronto so he can get 6 years.

I don't think Bosh would want to sign with them after they are getting blown out by 30 :D

SteveNash
12-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I want them to make some moves. But this organization is sooo tied on 2010 that it seems like the past few seasons after the Kobe fiasco we have been hanging everything into that plan.

Guys like Boozer, Amare, T-mac, etc have all been available and they all pretty much expire this season.

I'm on board for us to get Tmac at the present and if possible Boozer. If we can't do anything with T-mac and Boozer then it doesn't matter because they both expire.

Yeah, I definitely think T-Mac is worth a shot, Bulls management just seems so indecisive and doesn't seem to agressively pursuing any deals.

Well even if you're a fan of Bosh you have to admit he's a huge drop from LeBron/Wade.

Bulls_fan90
12-05-2009, 11:34 PM
Besides putting up 20ppg on 45% shooting?

Chicago is 7-11
Detroit is 7-12

Pretty close wouldn't you say? But pistons have been doing that without their best players.

Hamilton has missed 18 games out of 19
Prince has missed 16 games out of 19
And Charlie V and Ben Gordon have missed games and have played injured.

Pistons haven't played as a full team since the first game, and pistons won that game by 22 points.

Rip and Prince should be back in the next two weeks (:pray:) and we will see who the better team is.
Both teams arent very good. The difference is Bulls have planned to sign some players in the offseason. I really have no idea what the Pistons plan is? Im not hating i just dont know your cap situation. I still think Bulls are a shot to make the playoffs but i could easily see us missing.

On Rose i think he just needs to grow a pair. Injury or not the guy has alot of skill. He is just playing **** this year (around 15ppg) when he should be at the (20ppg) mark.

ChiSox219
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I definitely think T-Mac is worth a shot, Bulls management just seems so indecisive and doesn't seem to agressively pursuing any deals.

Well even if you're a fan of Bosh you have to admit he's a huge drop from LeBron/Wade.

There is a large gap between Lebron and Bosh but I think it's closer with Wade, when looking at it from the Bulls perspective.

Best scenario for Rose is to develop into a Wade-like player, having two of those guys, players that can't really shoot well outside and need the ball in their hands, will lead to a lack of spacing. With a 5-6 year deal, towards the end Wade is 32-33 and has taken quite a beating. Bosh is younger and much bigger while not driven to the hoop with as much reckless abandonment as Wade does.

But really, I doubt Wade leaves Miami and it's going to be tough to sign Lebron. Bosh, out of the three, seems like the guy wanting to prove the most so a situation like Chicago, where he can be the go to guy and get the attention while still being in a situation to win seems ideal.

But who knows what will end up happening, I just know I would love to add Bosh regardless of how much money he will cost.

JordansBulls
12-05-2009, 11:58 PM

I totally agree. We aren't losing anything getting him.

True, but it depends on what we have at SG vs what we have at PF.

Basically is Bosh and Salmons a better combo for a team with Rose, Deng and Noah starting or is Wade and Tyrus a better combo for a team with Rose, Deng and Noah starting?

clutchski
12-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Bargnani's worst year was his second year and it's probably similar with Rose. I've heard some players hit a 2nd year slump.

JiffyMix88
12-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Exactly, this is what you get when the media overhypes someone and the internet fans buy into all of it.

He is just another flashy scoring guard and not a true point guard.

i hate when ppl comment on things they know nothing about.. anybody who watches the bulls know one of roses biggest down falls is his lack of being aggressive and shooting the ball to his pass first mentality

aZekuiS
12-06-2009, 01:18 AM
lol cp3's first game back from a bad ankle injury and he almost puts up a quadruple double. Rose is just not playing good and yes loosing BG hurts them alot.

Slimsim
12-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Bulls don't have much talent. They should trade For Nate Robinson If they want scoring.