PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Says:Rockets looking for trading Partner for McGrady

Highlight
12-04-2009, 03:13 AM
The Rockets continue to offer Tracy McGrady in a trade, but that will be a difficult proposition considering heís the highest-paid player in the league ($23.2 million) and no one has seen him play in nine months. Houston seems willing to take back a longer-term contract for McGrady, but most executives believe his high salary makes it hard to put together a package.

Rockets GM Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman donít want McGrady back with the team, and have insisted that he isnít physically ready to return to the lineup. McGrady would love a trade, but knows he must start playing again for it to be possible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-tradebuzz120309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

GoatMilk
12-04-2009, 03:14 AM
Knicks?

ko8e24
12-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Lakers pull Aaron McKie out of retirement...again, sign him to a 23 million dollar deal and trade him to houston for T-Mac :)

Highlight
12-04-2009, 03:19 AM
Lakers pull Aaron McKie out of retirement...again, sign him to a 23 million dollar deal and trade him to houston for T-Mac :)

I would lol

Reminds me of how Keith Van Horn brought Jason Kidd to Dallas. haha

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 03:32 AM
Jrich,Tucker,Lopez and the 2.5 milliont trade exception for tracy mcgrady. If the suns medical staff helped out shaq,nash,hill and other guys why not mcgrady.

Xsatyr
12-04-2009, 03:33 AM
The story is bs, Morey does not want a longer contract before next season.

Highlight
12-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Jrich,Tucker,Lopez and the 2.5 milliont trade exception for tracy mcgrady. If the suns medical staff helped out shaq,nash,hill and other guys why not mcgrady.

If I were Phoenix, I wouldn't do that. J rich has been playing amazing for Phoenix and he's not injury prone.

He's shooting 50 percent from the field and 44 percent from the 3 point line. I don't think it's worth the risk for Phoenix. They are playing too well to make that kind of trade.

abe_froman
12-04-2009, 03:36 AM
surprised jb hast posted yet.so i guess i'll do it...

bulls trade whatever and get tmac

there ,beat him to it :D

nyanks79
12-04-2009, 03:37 AM
Jared Jefferies and Cutino Mobelys contract that is mostly paid for by insurance.

Highlight
12-04-2009, 03:37 AM
The story is bs, Morey does not want a longer contract before next season.

Yeah, I think that parts BS, but the rest of it seems to make sense. There seems to have been a lot of turmoil and conflicting reports.

One article said T-mac & Adelman were angry at one another and had a confrontation, then the next day, "nothing happened"

Idk, I guess it's all speculation.

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 03:52 AM
If I were Phoenix, I wouldn't do that. J rich has been playing amazing for Phoenix and he's not injury prone.

He's shooting 50 percent from the field and 44 percent from the 3 point line. I don't think it's worth the risk for Phoenix. They are playing too well to make that kind of trade. Yeah its a risk taker but that's a chance I would take. I know jrich has been playing well but is inconsistent, but his good play can even make him better trade bait. Regardless if it doesn't work out we get rid of his big contract and get a expiring. If it works out we get tmac for less money and get better with another free agent.

aNYer
12-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Jared Jefferies and Cutino Mobelys contract that is mostly paid for by insurance.

That would get them out the Lux tax. I am sure fans don't care about that but management might. I would LOVE that.

Giants-49ers-Ws
12-04-2009, 04:44 AM
warriors should get him with all our expirings, plus we need to trade maggette

sp1derm00
12-04-2009, 05:20 AM
I want to see Tmac play again... I don't care where. The league has been without him long enough.

He used to be one of my favorite players to watch.

Mavrix
12-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Josh Howard (11 mil expiring contract), JJ Barea (2 mil expiring contract), and fillers +picks for T-Mac

Kidd
T-Mac/Terry
Marion
Nowitzki
Gooden/Dampier

The_Mac22
12-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Send him to the Warriors. :)

nolin
12-04-2009, 06:42 AM
bulls trade brad miller, hinrich, james johnson, and 2010 1st rd pick for TMac.

JordansBulls
12-04-2009, 06:48 AM
I say Bulls trade Salmons and Miller for him or Salmons and Jerome James for him.

randomness
12-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Most likely possible trades:

CHI: Miller and Salmons for T-Mac
PHX: J-Rich for T-Mac
NYK: Harrington and Curry for T-Mac

wileyisTOFU
12-04-2009, 10:21 AM
lets make it happen

fredv
12-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Most likely possible trades:

CHI: Miller and Salmons for T-Mac
PHX: J-Rich for T-Mac
NYK: Harrington and Curry for T-Mac

Did you just invent these because I swear I never heard any reliable source talk about this.
Rockets want young talent, and are ready to take on a bad contract. From what I've heard Les Alexander attended the Sacramento game - which never happens - and the whole staff was there for the Clippers game. Something is going on, I think trading with NYK is dead though, and trading with Chicago just never happened, except if they are giving up a young piece such as Noah.
I'd be glad to take on one of the Clipps or Warriors HORRIBLE contracts though if it could and us someone like Randolph, Biedrins, Jordan or Thornton.

Lo Porto
12-04-2009, 10:43 AM
2 Facts - 1. Rockets must trade TMac because that situation is going to wreck a pretty promising season. If he doesn't play so Houston can collect insurance, he'll eventually snap. 2. Houston is only missing a big man. With a decent center that can play uptempo, the Rockets have the pieces and D to be contenders THIS YEAR.

TMac and a 1st for Okur, Korver and Harpring. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yk3wl5g Okur and Korver would be huge in that uptempo Adelman system. This trade also gets Houston out of the luxury. Harp and Korver expire so Houston only adds Okur's $10 million contract for next year. Considering Okur can play next to Yao, that's not much to add for a 3 point shooting former all star big. Utah makes this trade so they have the opportunity to re-sign Boozer next season.

The Apprentice
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Tmac for james jones,cook,and a second round pick.:clap:

teddygreen17
12-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Trade him to the Knicks for Al Harrington and Curry. This will allow the Knicks to clear enough cap next year to get 2 max players. Lebron and Bosh...welcome to NEW YORK.

marvILLous
12-04-2009, 11:12 AM
TMAC for TURKOGLU lol

Storch
12-04-2009, 11:17 AM
tmac for kwame crittenton first round draft pick and aaron mckie

oh wait ... is that even possible? ;)

BkOriginalOne
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Tmac for Michael Redd package.

stag6004
12-04-2009, 11:30 AM
The Knicks should trade for him. It will give them the room to sign 2 max players next yr and entince a vet to take the MLE to play with 2 max players:

NYK send:
Curry
Jefferies
Mobley's contract (paid by insurance)

Hou sends:
TMac
Scola

The Rockets get the big men they need and get rid of TMac at the same time. Curry can step in for Yao this yr and then both can spell each other next yr too make sure they stay healthy and are fresh for the playoffs and you can dominate the boards and post with both of them in there together at times.

The Knicks get rid of Curry's AND Jefferies contract AT THE SAME TIME.....a dream come true. Now the Knicks can lure 2 max guys since both Scola and TMac come off the books at the end of the year. It is a win-win for both clubs.

mikeman0000
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Sixers?

3 team trade:
Sixers Out:
Jason Kapono - SF (SAC)
Samuel Dalembert - C (HOU)
Wille Green - SG (SAC)

HOU Out:
T-Mac (Phi)

SAC out:
Rodriguez - PG (PHI)
Nocioni - F (HOU)

Sixers?

Allen Iverson
Tracy McGrady
Andre Igoudala
Thad Young
Elton Brand

That could compete..

Houston gets a center who can play in wake of Yao.

JOSKOMANG4
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
bulls trade brad miller, hinrich, james johnson, and 2010 1st rd pick for TMac.

I would Be big for this deal for Chicago
1) If Healthy, T-mac and Rose would be a great backcourt Tandem

2) T-mac's contract expires while you relinquish the contract of Kirk Hinrich. Result; The Bulls NOT ONLY receiving Dwayne Wade(SG), but another tier-1 Free agent in 2010( Chris Bosh-PF!)

3) By Acquiring Brad Miller, he provides the insurance for the season-injured Yao.

4) Kirk Hinrich, with the possible departure of A. Brooks next season, would be the perfect fit to run the offense at PG for the Rockets.

Roster Outlooks!

Bulls:

C: Joakim Noah/Aaron Gray/Jerome James#
PF: Al Harrington#/ James Johnson*
SF: Luol Deng/ Taj Gibson*
SG: Tracy Mcgrady/John Salmons/J.Pargo
PG: Derrick Rose/Lyndsay Hunter

Rockets:

C: Brad Miller/Joey Dorsey/David Anderson*/Pops Mensah-Bonsu
PF: Luis Scola/Chuck Hayes/Carl Landry/Brian Cook
SF: Shane Battier/Chase Budinger*
SG: Trevor Ariza/ Brent Barry/Jermaine Taylor*/Rashad Mccants
PG: Kirk Hinrich/Aaron Brooks/Kyle Lowry / Sergio Llull*

TheKing23
12-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I'd take him in Cleveland... Big Z's $11 million expiring, Delonte West and a couple of fillers for T-Mac.

PG: Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson
SG: Tracy McGrady/Anthony Parker
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: JJ Hickson/Leon Powe
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Anderson Varejao

Gives us another guy that can create his own shot and an big solid perimeter defender.

b_rad23
12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Josh Howard (11 mil expiring contract), JJ Barea (2 mil expiring contract), and fillers +picks for T-Mac

Kidd
T-Mac/Terry
Marion
Nowitzki
Gooden/Dampier

most reasonable proposal thus far

2) T-mac's contract expires while you relinquish the contract of Kirk Hinrich. Result; The Bulls NOT ONLY receiving Dwayne Wade(SG), but another tier-1 Free agent in 2010( Chris Bosh-PF!)

3) By Acquiring Brad Miller, he provides the insurance for the season-injured Yao.

4) Kirk Hinrich, with the possible departure of A. Brooks next season, would be the perfect fit to run the offense at PG for the Rockets.

Roster Outlooks!

Bulls:

Rockets:

By far least reasonable

I'd take him in Cleveland... Big Z's $11 million expiring, Delonte West and a couple of fillers for T-Mac.

PG: Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson
SG: Tracy McGrady/Anthony Parker
SF: LeBron James/Jamario Moon
PF: JJ Hickson/Leon Powe
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Anderson Varejao

Gives us another guy that can create his own shot and an big solid perimeter defender.

Another interesting and reasonable proposal.

I'm sure they'd prefer young big and old expiring guard, but who knows

fredv
12-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Besides the Mavs & Cavs offer, the rest has been BS only benefiting your own team. Which doesn't work. Rockets need a big such as Z but he might be a little to old.

aznsam00
12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
i say rocket just play t-mac and let his contract expires so we can sign some one next year

TheWatcher34
12-04-2009, 01:05 PM
in recent past has shown that THE KNICKS LOVE TO TAKE THESE KIND OF CONTRACTS..... personally i'd love to see T-mac playing in ny.

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Besides the Mavs & Cavs offer, the rest has been BS only benefiting your own team. Which doesn't work. Rockets need a big such as Z but he might be a little to old. So j-rich(Legit SG),Lopez(A Big man) and tucker(Expiring) for Tmac aint a good trade.

king4day
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM

lol.
Like when Van Horn was sitting on a couch and got a call saying, "we need to pay you millions to be part of a trade". :)

king4day
12-04-2009, 01:13 PM

He's shooting 50 percent from the field and 44 percent from the 3 point line. I don't think it's worth the risk for Phoenix. They are playing too well to make that kind of trade.

It would allow the money to come off the books though. And barring a miracle of landing Wade, maybe we could make a run at bringing Joe Johnson back to Phoenix for similar money that Richardson was making.

fredv
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
So j-rich(Legit SG),Lopez(A Big man) and tucker(Expiring) for Tmac aint a good trade.

Its a good offer, but I doubt it fits what the Rox are trying to get right now.

As for people who think that by letting Tmac expire, the Rockets can get a MAX Contract next year, they are completly false. The Rockets won't have enough cap for any Max contract next year.

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Its a good offer, but I doubt it fits what the Rox are trying to get right now.

As for people who think that by letting Tmac expire, the Rockets can get a MAX Contract next year, they are completly false. The Rockets won't have enough cap for any Max contract next year. They would have a good sg, a defensive big man, and expiring what more do they want.
Pg. Brooks
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Ariza
Pf. Battie
C. Lopez(until yao comes back)

who would you rather have Big Z and delontoe west or j-rich and Lopez. I'm just saying its better then most trades.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Can you imagine JJ back in PHX, that would be the dumbest career choice of all time. Your going to come back to the same team you left because you wanted to be the man?

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Can you imagine JJ back in PHX, that would be the dumbest career choice of all time. Your going to come back to the same team you left because you wanted to be the man? Maybe they both know that they need each other and that they both made a wrong decision. :shrug: I hope that's the case.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Maybe they both know that they need each other and that they both made a wrong decision. :shrug: I hope that's the case.
That made my day, you make the NBA sound like one of those day time soaps.

It would basically be a case of too little too late if that were to happen. He left them when they were on the cusp of winning a championship, that wasnt important enough for him to stay. Now he wants to come back, for what? They definitely arent any closer to winning a championship so what exactly would he have to gain by going back to Phoenix?

Not only that but he helped build up this Atlanta team, how moronic would it be to invested your prime years on a bad team, only to leave now that its actually decent.

sunnydayin'zona
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM

I like this. Not only do the suns get a mcgrady to make healthy, which is better than jrich, but his contract is a HUGE expiring 23 million dollars for the epic offseason. That is, if amare leaves us, we have alot of options, like resigning amare to a big contract while either keeping mcgrady, or picking up another SG. I really want this to happen. Would probably hurt us a tad this season since he wont be fully healthy and neither is barbs, but if mcgrady can be healed by the suns training staff by mid to late season, and he comes back and fits in the system well, this could be pretty legit. because i could see him coming back averaging between 10 and 20 points a game, then at the end of the season, we resign amare to like an 18mil contract, sign tmac to the MLE, maybe a little more. go a little over the cap for a defensive big at backup center, then our lineup is:

PG: Nash, Dragic
SG: Tmac, Barbs, clark
SF: Hill, Dudley, Clark
PF: Amare, Lou, clark
C: Channing Frye, Jaron Collins, Defensive Big backup

after we resign tmac for MLE and amare, channign frye to a lower level MLE, and dudley to a lower level MLE, we'll be a tad over the cap, but not too much. especially if amare takes like 16 million a year, which based on his performance this season, could be a possibility if he wants to play for the suns.

This seems like a great lineup, not too defensive, but tmac is slightly an upgrade on both ends of the court over jrich, especially if he gets healthy.

Anyone want to email steve kerr?

faridk89
12-04-2009, 01:47 PM
trade em to toronto!! take bosh and calderon but give us 1st round picks back

firm_standing
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
You guys ever wonder if, when GMS are in a rut w/ trades, they come here to check out the ideas being thrown around? Of course, some are ridiculous.. but some ideas aren't half bad..

sunnydayin'zona
12-04-2009, 01:53 PM

for this season, it probably isn't worth the chance. but jrich has a large contract that has a few more years left. and tmac's is a 23mil expiring contract, which would mean we'd be able to resign amare and still have some to either resign tmac or another good SG that is similar to jrich.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Tmac + Hayes + Battier/Scola for Bosh+Hedo or if Morey doesnt want Hedo then just some fillers like Antoine Wright and junk

sunnydayin'zona
12-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Did you just invent these because I swear I never heard any reliable source talk about this.
Rockets want young talent, and are ready to take on a bad contract. From what I've heard Les Alexander attended the Sacramento game - which never happens - and the whole staff was there for the Clippers game. Something is going on, I think trading with NYK is dead though, and trading with Chicago just never happened, except if they are giving up a young piece such as Noah.
I'd be glad to take on one of the Clipps or Warriors HORRIBLE contracts though if it could and us someone like Randolph, Biedrins, Jordan or Thornton.

First off, the suns trade could absolutely happen because JRich is only 26, has a sort of bad contract, but can up 25ppg and shoot the 3 well, plus is defending the outside well. he can also be a ball handler and create his own shot. he fits very well in the phoenix system, but the reason i'd want that trade to go down is because jrich's contract is something like 3 or 4 years, but tmac expires 23 mil off the cap this offseason, which is when we have to resign amare or let him walk. and as far as suns fans usually see it, resigning amare or getting bosh is more important than keeping jrich. especially since we do still have Leandro Barbosa, who can do basically the same thing as JRich role wise, and dudley could be the backup SG next year with clark as the starting or backup sf. thats if we cant resign tmac to the MLE.

and i think thats the best that the rockets could get for him.
just saying.
the only thing i'd be worried about is messing up the suns chemistry.

otherwise, the training staff works miracles so i'm not worried about tmacs health because if hes not healthy we just dont resign him and sign somebody else

sofargone
12-04-2009, 02:10 PM
tmac for marcus banks

JordansBulls
12-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Bulls get:
Tracy McGrady
Al Harrington

Houston gets:
Luol Deng
Kirk Hinrich

New York gets:
Jerome James
Tyrus Thomas

It works and it gives us only 16.4 Million in guarenteed contracts for 2010. If Salmons opts out that leaves us with 10 Million in guarenteed contracts!!! That leaves roughly 42 million (depending on the salary cap) to play with in 2010.

Line-Up after trade

PG: Derrick Rose/Lindsey Hunter
SG John Salmons/Jannero Pargo
SF: Tracy McGrady/James Johnson
PF: Al Harrington/Taj Gibson
C: Joakim Noah/Brad Miller/Aaron Gray

Thats good enough to make it into the playoffs. Plus if T-Mac isn't ready to play we can finally see JJ play!!!

2_Trill
12-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Trade T-mac 2 Detroit, we got sum pieces that could make it a good deal for the Rockets. I wonder wat Joe D, thinks about this!!

AddiX
12-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm shocked by how many people want a 23 million $ injury prone player. What the heck is going on around here? Dude hasnt even been on the court this year.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Your shocked people want him, may I suggest brushing up on the NBA some?

Chi_Town_Boi
12-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Who could be traded from the Bulls, though? With Tyrus Thomas and Jerome James possibly set to go to NY for Al Harrington, there are not many high contracts left, I think. The Bulls would have to give up too much. Anyways, I just need this team to stay in tact, and I'd love a trade that sees him in a Bulls uniform:

D. Rose
T-Mac
J. Salmons/L. Deng (either person can go to Houston, though I's prefer to keep Salmons)
A. Harrington
J. Noah

Unlikely he'll go to the Bulls, though.

T-MAC TO CLEVELAND (not in exchange for LeBron), LAKERS (for Artest and some cheap people) OR BOSTON (for Ray Allen)!!! :D In a perfect world.

bringbackfredex
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
McGrady, Iverson, Brand and Iggy? :nod:
Yes please.

Sixers Get:
McGrady

Rockets Get:
Slammin Sammy
Kapono
Whatever other **** they want
Round 2 Pick

McGrady on crutches is better than the pieces of poop mentioned above :D

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm shocked by how many people want a 23 million $ injury prone player. What the heck is going on around here? Dude hasnt even been on the court this year. its just what he can do on the court when healthy. As a phoenix fan you sit back and see what the training staff did with amare,shaq,nash, and hill. Then you realize what will happen if they fix up tmac. You can see it like this. If he produces you can sign him for probably less than 10 million. That opens up more money for other free agents to sign here and if it doesn't work out well he is a expiring. Pipe dream but imagine a lineup of picking up lebron or wade
Pg. Nash
Sg. Wade
Sf. Tmac
Pf. Amare
C. Frye

Or

Pg. Nash
Sg. Tmac
Sf. Lebron
Pf. Amare
C. Frye

(For the record I know this won't happen but can't help to dream right)

AddiX
12-04-2009, 02:52 PM

I am shocked that people are willing to trade key pieces of their team/ draft picks for a guy who hasnt been on the court this year.

Even when he did play its not as if the Rockets were better or worse with or without him. What he did was ancient times, its not like your getting the guy in the beginning of the season healthy, you would be getting him mid-season with who knows what kind of lingering injuries.

May I suggest brushing up on common sense?

Nighthawk
12-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Scal for T-Mac

if only the money added up...

Nighthawk
12-04-2009, 02:57 PM
I am shocked that people are willing to trade key pieces of their team/ draft picks for a guy who hasnt been on the court this year.

Even when he did play its not as if the Rockets were better or worse with or without him. What he did was ancient times, its not like your getting the guy in the beginning of the season healthy, you would be getting him mid-season with who knows what kind of lingering injuries.

Teams always trust their staff. Their doctors. Their trainers. So i think its common sense that teams would be willing to trade and add T-Mac, a former all-star. Very talented player who i think could put a contender over the top of possible.

jimbobjarree
12-04-2009, 03:00 PM

I just want the expiring tbh, any minutes he'd play will be a bonus

GodsSon
12-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Tmac + Hayes + Battier/Scola for Bosh+Hedo or if Morey doesnt want Hedo then just some fillers like Antoine Wright and junk

i dont want that baby anywhere near Toronto...i doubt he would even report for starters

thephoenixson28
12-04-2009, 03:11 PM
McGrady, Iverson, Brand and Iggy? :nod:
Yes please.

Sixers Get:
McGrady

Rockets Get:
Slammin Sammy
Kapono
Whatever other **** they want
Round 2 Pick

McGrady on crutches is better than the pieces of poop mentioned above :D What about this trade
Rockets trade: tmac, Carl landry
Rockets recieves: Brand, Lopez

Suns trade: J-rich, Lopez, Tucker.
Receive: Tmac

Sixers trade: Brand
Sixers receive: Jrich,tucker, Landry.

Rockets lineup
Pg. Brooks
Sg. Ariza
Sf. Battie
Pf. Brand
C. Lopez

Rockets do it cuz they have a good Pf, and defensive big man

Suns lineup:
Pg. Nash
Sg.Tmac
Sf. Hill
Pf. Amare
C. Frye

Need I explain(Suns fan)

Sixers lineup:
Pg. Iverson
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Iggy
Pf. Speights
C. Dalembert

Maybe even package dalembert for other peices . Not to mention they get that bad contract off there hands in brands.

ElishaJ1030
12-04-2009, 03:19 PM
How about a three team of Hou NY and Chicago

NY lands McGrady and Tyrus Thomas

HOU lands Darko, Jerome James, and Jared Jeffries and 2011 1st from Chicago

Chi lands Al Harrington and Brian Cook.

For Houston, they will land 3 players who will not disturb their squad or cause problems. They could consider moving Jared Jeffries again with the 1st attached to him.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 03:19 PM
I just want the expiring tbh, any minutes he'd play will be a bonus
Exactly why nobody should be "Shocked" from people wanting Tmac.

i dont want that baby anywhere near Toronto...i doubt he would even report for starters
If Bosh is gone, there is no point in keeping Hedo. This trade helps you guys in the long run, if this season is deemed a failure.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I cant know what your talking about without the examples, but again, you shouldnt be shocked.

LOL so you think his worth and trade value stems entirely from his ability to perform?

No you may not suggest me brushing up on anything, least not until you learn how the NBA works, and how managers think.

bringbackfredex
12-04-2009, 03:26 PM
What about this trade
Rockets trade: tmac, Carl landry
Rockets recieves: Brand, Lopez

Suns trade: J-rich, Lopez, Tucker.
Receive: Tmac

Sixers trade: Brand
Sixers receive: Jrich,tucker, Landry.

Rockets lineup
Pg. Brooks
Sg. Ariza
Sf. Battie
Pf. Brand
C. Lopez

Rockets do it cuz they have a good Pf, and defensive big man

Suns lineup:
Pg. Nash
Sg.Tmac
Sf. Hill
Pf. Amare
C. Frye

Need I explain(Suns fan)

Sixers lineup:
Pg. Iverson
Sg. J-rich
Sf. Iggy
Pf. Speights
C. Dalembert

Maybe even package dalembert for other peices . Not to mention they get that bad contract off there hands in brands.

I don't think I would trade Brand just yet, especially for another true SF, the absolute last thing that we need. The Sixers don't have one guy that is a reliable shooter.

I would package Brand if the deal was right, but since he's starting to play better, I wouldn't just give him away unless it was for an expiring contract.

sugarrayray
12-04-2009, 03:44 PM
the bucks need to trade redd and joe alexander for him now! that would work out good for both parties

HouRealCoach
12-04-2009, 04:03 PM
T-Mac is and has always been my favorite player(After Jordan) and I want him somewhere he can win

bossup2
12-04-2009, 04:14 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yktcgjy

wat about detroit, they then have 23 mil too sign a big man or somethig in free agency

PG: stuckey/bynum
SG: gordon/tmac
SF: Tmac/Jerbko/budinger
PF: Villanueva/maxiell
C: Wallace/wilcox

Houston

PG: brooks/lowry
SG: Rip/ariza/battier
SF: tayshaun/ariza/daye
PF: scola/landry
C: scola/brown

FOBolous
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yktcgjy

wat about detroit, they then have 23 mil too sign a big man or somethig in free agency

PG: stuckey/bynum
SG: gordon/tmac
SF: Tmac/Jerbko/budinger
PF: Villanueva/maxiell
C: Wallace/wilcox

Houston

PG: brooks/lowry
SG: Rip/ariza/battier
SF: tayshaun/ariza/daye
PF: scola/landry
C: hayes/brown

i like this trade :)

HouRealCoach
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Come to think of it Yahoo lies alot.... NBA rumors are to the point where I have 2 C the person say it myself

FOBolous
12-04-2009, 04:43 PM
how bout a Houston and NY trade? New York needs a star to sell tickets this year and cap space for the 2010 free agency...Tmac will be perfect for them. plus I think Tmac will do great in NY's offense.

NY trades: Al Harrington, Wilson Chandler, and Cuttino Mobley
Hou trade: Tmac

TheShock45
12-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Willie Green, Elton Brand and Sammy Dalembert and a Future 1st for T mac,Chase Budinger Brian Cook and there Current 1st

astrosmaniac
12-04-2009, 05:49 PM

Kidd
T-Mac/Terry
Marion
Nowitzki
Gooden/Dampier

rockets would never trade him to a in state rival

astrosmaniac
12-04-2009, 05:53 PM
The Knicks should trade for him. It will give them the room to sign 2 max players next yr and entince a vet to take the MLE to play with 2 max players:

NYK send:
Curry
Jefferies
Mobley's contract (paid by insurance)

Hou sends:
TMac
Scola

The Rockets get the big men they need and get rid of TMac at the same time. Curry can step in for Yao this yr and then both can spell each other next yr too make sure they stay healthy and are fresh for the playoffs and you can dominate the boards and post with both of them in there together at times.

The Knicks get rid of Curry's AND Jefferies contract AT THE SAME TIME.....a dream come true. Now the Knicks can lure 2 max guys since both Scola and TMac come off the books at the end of the year. It is a win-win for both clubs.
so the rockets take on 2 bad contracts and give away a double double machine? no thx

Roster Outlooks!

Bulls:

Rockets:

aaron brooks is under contract through next season

astrosmaniac
12-04-2009, 06:03 PM
trade em to toronto!! take bosh and calderon but give us 1st round picks back

yes please :D

FachoinaNYY
12-04-2009, 06:09 PM
could this possibly be used to put a team into the Lebron/wade/bosh race? Seems like you could get a ton of cap space out of no where...

5+7=DYNASTY!!!
12-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Jeffries/Curry
Al Harrington

for

Tracy McGrady

That's all I want for Christmas

HeirCanada
12-04-2009, 06:40 PM
If Bosh is gone, there is no point in keeping Hedo. This trade helps you guys in the long run, if this season is deemed a failure.

Why exactly would T-Mac want to play here after leaving the city because it was "too cold" and couldn't support his craving for media attention?

Don't get me wrong, I'm was/still-am a huge T-Mac fan, I just can't ever imagine him playing for the Raptors again.

drama1386
12-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I say Bulls trade Salmons and Miller for him or Salmons and Jerome James for him.

this would be a great trade for you guys...

Bishnoff
12-04-2009, 06:49 PM

So true. I don't know why so many Suns fans don't like J-Rich.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 07:07 PM
how bout a Houston and NY trade? New York needs a star to sell tickets this year and cap space for the 2010 free agency...Tmac will be perfect for them. plus I think Tmac will do great in NY's offense.

NY trades: Al Harrington, Wilson Chandler, and Cuttino Mobley
Hou trade: Tmac

That trade doesnt help their cap situation, you would have to take Jeffries or Curry off their hands, everyone knows thats not gonna happen so NY is out of the picture.

Chronz
12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Why exactly would T-Mac want to play here after leaving the city because it was "too cold" and couldn't support his craving for media attention?

Don't get me wrong, I'm was/still-am a huge T-Mac fan, I just can't ever imagine him playing for the Raptors again.
What makes you think it matters if he were to play another game? This trade is entirely for roster makeover purposes. The main reason behind the Turk signing was to win now and try to appease Bosh. If it doesnt work and Bosh leaves, the Raps are left with a contractual burden that will never justify itself. Hedo is only of value to teams looking to compete, and if you lose Bosh, the Raps wont qualify. They will be paying him all the money they need to free up for the core of the Raps next rebuilding attempt.

Lo Porto
12-04-2009, 07:22 PM
TMac to NY for Curry and Mobley
or
TMac to Utah for AK and Harpring

Those two make the most sense. In the NY trade, the Rockets get rid of the TMac headache and save a bunch of money for this year considering the difference in the contracts and Mobley's insurance. Sure, they have to pay Curry next year, but he would be a lot better in Houston's offense than D'Antoni's system. Very low risk for Houston.

In the Utah trade, Houston dumps TMac while picking up a player that is versatile enough to fit with all of the essential players in Houston. They could line up with Brooks, Ariza, Battier, AK and Scola and cause many mismatches. That team would be the best defensive team in the league. Harpring will have to retire so Houston would save on the insurance on his contract.