PDA

View Full Version : Report: Tyrus could be traded for Harrington

Highlight
12-04-2009, 01:40 AM
According to Yahoo! Sports columnist Adrian Wojnarowski, the Bulls and Knicks are in serious discussions about a trade that would send Tyrus Thomas to the Knicks in exchange for Al Harrington and Jerome James.
"Nothing is imminent, but both sides would like to figure out a way to do this," said one league executive according to the report. The idea of the athletic Thomas playing in the Knicks' uptempo offense is certainly appealing, and if he's on your league's waiver wire he deserves a pickup to see where this goes. Harrington on the other hand, probably takes a small hit in value if he lands in Chicago, but not by much.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-tradebuzz120309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

ManRam
12-04-2009, 01:43 AM
Would be good for both teams I think. Bulls need some offensive firepower, the Knicks need more youth and athleticism, especially up front. They are a small team. Ty would help out a lot.

BlondeBomber41
12-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Why don't the Knicks just give Jordan Hill some burn? No reason to have a lottery pick sitting on the bench if you are gonna suck regardless.

abe_froman
12-04-2009, 01:46 AM
would be good if it happens

lmaohahaha
12-04-2009, 01:51 AM
would be a good move for chicago. harrington is solid

Highlight
12-04-2009, 01:52 AM
This would help both teams in my opinion.

New York seriously needs to get something done because they are playing awful. Tyrus could blossom in the run/gun offense and Harrington could help in the Bulls playoff race.

AddiX
12-04-2009, 01:56 AM
I think Tyrus needs to be on a team with a PG who can baby him and the Knicks don't have that. I think there better off keeping Harrington, but in all reality it really doesn't matter that much. I wouldn't be surprised if bringing in Thomas is just a way to give Hill more minutes.

ko8e24
12-04-2009, 01:59 AM
with the loss of a scorer like gordon, and now getting a scorer like harrington, the bulls are now the same exact team as last yr (in terms of talent), but better because derrick rose has a yr under his belt

jay87shot
12-04-2009, 02:00 AM
I don't think the money works for that deal Harrington makes 10 and Thomas 4 not sure about James.

Mell413
12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
I hope the Bulls do this. I believe Harrington is an expiring contract also. He would also help stretch the floor which should help Rose. The Bulls do need some help on the offensive end.

NYKnicks4511
12-04-2009, 02:01 AM
I as a knick fan would just love to get rid of Black Hole Harrington.

Thomas might be more of a trade chip than anything (unless he REALLY flourishes in D'Antoni's system). Hill is a Center in Mike's system IMO, so I'd like to see a really athletic lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Tyrus, and Hill.

P.S. - Bringing in Tyrus may mean bye bye David Lee, both do the same things really, except Thomas plays D.

Mell413
12-04-2009, 02:03 AM

Thomas might be more of a trade chip than anything (unless he REALLY flourishes in D'Antoni's system). Hill is a Center in Mike's system IMO, so I'd like to see a really athletic lineup of Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Tyrus, and Hill.

P.S. - Bringing in Tyrus may mean bye bye David Lee, both do the same things really, except Thomas plays D.

Thomas is not really that great at defense though.

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Tyrus is a great help defender, but an extremely poor man defender.

As a Bulls fan, I'd love this trade.

JordansBulls
12-04-2009, 02:05 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-tradebuzz120309&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I'd do the deal

Lineup afterwards

PG Rose/Pargo/Hunter
SG Salmons/Hinrich
SF Deng/Johnson
PF Harrington/Gibson
C Noah/Miller/Gray

BlondeBomber41
12-04-2009, 02:08 AM
I don't think the money works for that deal Harrington makes 10 and Thomas 4 not sure about James.

Makes over 6 million. Not sure of the exact number but Isiah gave him the whole MLE so its around 6.

Highlight
12-04-2009, 02:08 AM
I'd do the deal

Lineup afterwards

PG Rose/Pargo/Hunter
SG Salmons/Hinrich
SF Deng/Johnson
PF Harrington/Gibson
C Noah/Miller/Gray

Looks pretty good.

They can put up a lot of points. I know that much. A lot of those guys can shoot the ball.

pd7631
12-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Definitely gives the Bulls more offensive firepower, they still need that back to the basket big man that they can throw it down to and draw a double team.

Highlight
12-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Definitely gives the Bulls more offensive firepower, they still need that back to the basket big man that they can throw it down to and draw a double team.

They haven't had that in a while. They've been wanting/needing that for a long long time.

This team (in my opinion) is one of those wild card teams, that could probably take one of the top 3 seeds to 7 games. They could possibly even take that series, but I don't see them going farther than that. Idk.

abe_froman
12-04-2009, 02:18 AM
just thought of it,but if it happened.tyrus lives of dunks/blocks+playing in ny=become so over exposed(overrated by the media)really fast

IversonIsKrazy
12-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Tyrus would be a beast in NY, i mean no joke, an athletic freak like him even w/ no bball IQ, would just great for D'Antoni. And Harrington for Bulls, we really really need sum1 who can shoot a 3, and Harrington would do that, so I like this trade 4 both teams.

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:19 AM
I don't buy that Tyrus will suddenly turn into a beast in New York. Chicago runs an uptempo system and Tyrus still hasn't figured out how to play basketball. On top of that, he'll be going from Derrick Rose to Chris Duhon.

MSG34
12-04-2009, 02:22 AM
when do tyrus and jerome expire?

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:23 AM
when do tyrus and jerome expire?

They're both expiring contracts if you renounce Tyrus' QO.

Gibby23
12-04-2009, 02:25 AM
I don't buy that Tyrus will suddenly turn into a beast in New York. Chicago runs an uptempo system and Tyrus still hasn't figured out how to play basketball. On top of that, he'll be going from Derrick Rose to Chris Duhon.

Yeah, it would suck to go to a PG that averages more assists and less turnovers.

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Yeah, it would suck to go to a PG that averages more assists and less turnovers.

Let's put Rose in D'Antoni's system and see if those numbers don't inflate.

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Questionable trade for Chicago, great deal for the Knicks.

Tyrus is gone anyway but he should be worth more than Harrington.

Gibby23
12-04-2009, 02:32 AM

You just said you thought TT's # wouldn't inflate with the Knicks. It is pretty clear they would. They run and pass and tray and score quick. Tyrus is great at running up the court.

Gibby23
12-04-2009, 02:33 AM

Also, when Duhon was a Bull and got 29 min a game, he averaged 5apg

Gators123
12-04-2009, 02:35 AM

Have you gone 5 minutes without mentioning rose?

Raph12
12-04-2009, 02:36 AM
Good trade, now the Bulls just need a solid SG.

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:36 AM
You just said you thought TT's # wouldn't inflate with the Knicks. It is pretty clear they would. They run and pass and tray and score quick. Tyrus is great at running up the court.

I never said Tyrus' numbers wouldn't go up in New York. They would, along with his MPG. I just said he wouldn't turn into a beast or learn how to play basketball in New York.

His PPG, RPG, BPG and MPG would go up but his efficiency would be piss poor. I can't even begin to imagine how many jumpers he'd take in that system.

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Have you gone 5 minutes without mentioning rose?

LOL, not all Bulls fans are obsessed with Rose and think he's the best PG ever. If you ever came to the Bulls forum aside from baiting, you'd know I'm very critical of Rose.

xSolidx
12-04-2009, 02:38 AM
Duhon ****ing sucks, no one please compare Rose to Duhon.

As a Knicks fan im not sure about this deal. Im not a huge Tyrus Thomas fan, and we can just play Jordan Hill if we want an athletic big man running the floor.

But Tyrus can be beneficial for us. He is a good shotblocker, and he can flourish in this system. The Bulls havent really let him loose, meaning he hasnt ever gotten consistent starter minutes, but then again there must be a reason behind that so he still has some flaws. But ehh, Im not so sure about this deal. If we do it or dont pull the trigger it wouldnt really affect me in anyway.

Gibby23
12-04-2009, 02:39 AM
I never said Tyrus' numbers wouldn't go up in New York. They would, along with his MPG. I just said he wouldn't turn into a beast or learn how to play basketball in New York.

His PPG, RPG, BPG and MPG would go up but his efficiency would be piss poor. I can't even begin to imagine how many jumpers he'd take in that system.

You implied it:

mudvayne387
12-04-2009, 02:40 AM
As a Knicks fan I will admit that Harrington can take over a game when Hot. However, he is one of the worst team players I have ever seen. He does nothing to make the players around him better , and for that reason he can not be a starter. When he is at his best, he is coming off the bench and playing against the other teams 6,7,8. I almost feel bad watching, because you can tell he wants to win. He just doesn't seem to get that idea of team basketball.

Derick713
12-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Al Harrington is the best trade chip the Knicks have. They might want to wait till the trade deadline. The Cavs need someone like Harrington. The Knicks might want to package Harrington with Jeffries or Curry to create more cap space for 2010.

POTENTIAL DEAL-

KNICKS GET-
Tyrus Thomas

BULLS GET-
Jerome James
Al Harrington

xabial
12-04-2009, 02:41 AM
As a Knicks fan I will admit that Harrington can take over a game when Hot. However, he is one of the worst team players I have ever seen. He does nothing to make the players around him better , and for that reason he can not be a starter. When he is at his best, he is coming off the bench and playing against the other teams 6,7,8. I almost feel bad watching, because you can tell he wants to win. He just doesn't seem to get that idea of team basketball.

He would probably defend himself by saying look who hes playing with

Gators123
12-04-2009, 02:42 AM
LOL, not all Bulls fans are obsessed with Rose and think he's the best PG ever. If you ever came to the Bulls forum aside from baiting, you'd know I'm very critical of Rose.

I don't "bait" anywhere.

AI4MVP
12-04-2009, 02:44 AM
awsome deal for the knicks is this happens. ive ALWAYS said. tyrus thomas in a run n gun offesnse is an all star. as a suns fan when there were alot of tyrus-amare rumors going on, even though i know amare is a better player then tyrus, the prospect of having tyrus run with us was very interesting for me.

i can only imagine if the knicks were smart enough to also draft brandon jennings. can u imagine jennings and tyrus running on the fast break? ridiculous

KH12
12-04-2009, 02:44 AM
You implied it:

Uh, no I didn't. The Bulls do run an uptempo system (about 50% of the time), not as uptempo as the Knicks do though. Tyrus has shown a bunch of flashes, but as soon as he starts to show promise; he'll start shooting 18 footers all game long and letting opponents drive right past him as he bites on every single pump fake ever attempted.

kikeyanez
12-04-2009, 02:47 AM
Why don't the Knicks just give Jordan Hill some burn? No reason to have a lottery pick sitting on the bench if you are gonna suck regardless.

if the knicks dont need hill! ship him to golden state

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 02:49 AM

Tyrus shot the ball well (.412eFG% on jumpers, Taj is at .417) this year and he's being asked to take those shots to spread the floor. Noah's jumper is in it's infancy and he's much more useful in the post grabbing ORebs for putbacks.

If I'm a Knicks fan, I'd be very excited about the prospect of TT in D'Antoni's system. Not to mention this should help heal the Eddy Curry wound, since Tyrus should've been there's from the beginning.

NYKnicks4511
12-04-2009, 02:53 AM
Tyrus shot the ball well (.412eFG% on jumpers, Taj is at .417) this year and he's being asked to take those shots to spread the floor. Noah's jumper is in it's infancy and he's much more useful in the post grabbing ORebs for putbacks.

If I'm a Knicks fan, I'd be very excited about the prospect of TT in D'Antoni's system. Not to mention this should help heal the Eddy Curry wound, since Tyrus should've been there's from the beginning.

Heh, good point there bro. Who knows, maybe when Curry is healthy (say what?) we can see a nice complementary front court of TT and Curry.

reemy
12-04-2009, 02:55 AM
interesting

zambo4president
12-04-2009, 02:58 AM
We'd lose Ty's dumbass and get a scorer in Harrington. I hope this happens.

rocky4104
12-04-2009, 02:59 AM

really? i would still choose lee over tyrus.. just my opinion

_KB24_
12-04-2009, 03:01 AM
I don't know if Harrington would want to leave his hometown. But then again, Chicago is a desiring place to play....

Don Starks
12-04-2009, 03:01 AM
Heh, good point there bro. Who knows, maybe when Curry is healthy (say what?) we can see a nice complementary front court of TT and Curry.

that would be the most broke a$s version of shaq and amare ever attempted.

Raph12
12-04-2009, 03:12 AM
that would be the most broke a$s version of shaq and amare ever attempted.

Shaq and Amare sucked *** together, big time... with that being said, TT and EC would be a downgrade so that's saying something

NYYCowboys
12-04-2009, 03:44 AM
sign me up id take ty thomas in a minute

SchyGuy11
12-04-2009, 03:47 AM
i like the idea of getting rid of thomas. Al harrington isn't great, but if you think about it, he is about the best we will get for tyrus so i will take it. Do it now GarPax!!!!!

aNYer
12-04-2009, 03:55 AM
It doesn't make sense for the knicks to add money next year, so there has to be more t it like Tim Thomas to the knicks again for JJ. JJ and Ty make about the same. Jeffries has a trade kicker but its not like the bulls are crazy about TT so they would be paying like $2 million for Harrington. Maybe there would be a pick involved but I think maybe thats where the hold up comes in that they are having.

And to the person/people saying Ty's D isn't good you have not seen enough or Lee's defense. He is much better on offense but his D has not progressed at all from ever, like day 1 out the crib.

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 03:56 AM
It doesn't make sense for the knicks to add money next year, so there has to be more t it like Tim Thomas to the knicks again for JJ. JJ and Ty make about the same. Jeffries has a trade kicker but its not like the bulls are crazy about TT so they would be paying like $2 million for Harrington. Maybe there would be a pick involved but I think maybe thats where the hold up comes in that they are having.

And to the person/people saying Ty's D isn't good you have not seen enough or Lee's defense. He is much better on offense but his D has not progressed at all from ever, like day 1 out the crib.

The Knicks aren't adding money, next year Tyrus is a restricted free agent.

29$JerZ
12-04-2009, 03:59 AM
For everyone who doesn't watch my Knick games, we aren't a run and gun team.
Duhon is our PG and he literally walks/jogs the ball for 35 minutes a game.

Tyrus flourishing isn't happening unless we get a new PG or Toney learns to run an offense.

What will hold this deal up is either Jared being involved or Chicago adding a 1st rounder because once AL leaves NY we will be worse off offensively which is all we can claim on to since Defense hasn't existed for us this decade.

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 04:02 AM
For everyone who doesn't watch my Knick games, we aren't a run and gun team.
Duhon is our PG and he literally walks/jogs the ball for 35 minutes a game.

Tyrus flourishing isn't happening unless we get a new PG or Toney learns to run an offense.

What will hold this deal up is either Jared being involved or Chicago adding a 1st rounder because once AL leaves NY we will be worse off offensively which is all we can claim on to since Defense hasn't existed for us this decade.

The Knicks are playing at the 4th highest pace in the NBA, I can understand it's not the Steve Nash run n gun D'Antoni ran in Phoenix but you can only do so much with a guy like Duhon.

Compare that to the Bulls, who are playing at the 4th slowest pace and Tyrus' numbers should jump as long as he gets minutes.

effen5
12-04-2009, 04:06 AM
really? i would still choose lee over tyrus.. just my opinion

Id take Lee over Tyrus, Lee is more offensively polished then Tyrus....Tyrus is just all over the place when hes on the floor. He takes awful shots, and when he is back to the basket and tries to makes a move, he throws the ball away.

I bet when Tyrus gets back he breaks his other arm doing a push up.

29$JerZ
12-04-2009, 04:08 AM
The Knicks are playing at the 4th highest pace in the NBA, I can understand it's not the Steve Nash run n gun D'Antoni ran in Phoenix but you can only do so much with a guy like Duhon.

Compare that to the Bulls, who are playing at the 4th slowest pace and Tyrus' numbers should jump as long as he gets minutes.

We score because we jack up a ton of shots, we haven't gone into the post all year except for when Curry was playing a few minutes before he got hurt.

Our pace is extremely slow, we play like a half court team but chuck like a run/gun team.

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 04:29 AM
We score because we jack up a ton of shots, we haven't gone into the post all year except for when Curry was playing a few minutes before he got hurt.

Our pace is extremely slow, we play like a half court team but chuck like a run/gun team.

I've only seen the Knicks during the first week of the season but if you look here (http://hoopdata.com/teamoffstats.aspx) they rank 4th in average possessions per 48 minutes. They also take far fewer mid range (10-23foot) shots than the league average, while exceed the league average for attempts at the the rim and from 3pt which is a trademark of run n gun.

curtie74
12-04-2009, 04:39 AM

it will work james gets paid a ton of money n he would return 2 da team that gave him that contract

Bulls_fan90
12-04-2009, 05:57 AM
Al Harrington is the best trade chip the Knicks have. They might want to wait till the trade deadline. The Cavs need someone like Harrington. The Knicks might want to package Harrington with Jeffries or Curry to create more cap space for 2010.

POTENTIAL DEAL-

KNICKS GET-
Tyrus Thomas

BULLS GET-
Jerome James
Al Harrington

Bulls already have Jerome James. He is the cap filler in the trade. Tyrus (4mill) + James (6mill) for Harrington (10mill)

Not a bad trade. I still believe Tyrus can be a good player.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2009, 07:06 AM
makes sense for the knicks

expiring contracts for expiring contracts

JEROME JAMES back to the knicks lol

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-04-2009, 07:58 AM

POTENTIAL DEAL-

KNICKS GET-
Tyrus Thomas

BULLS GET-
Jerome James
Al Harrington

Bull get another Jerome James!
2 Jerome James's in one team :drool:

KingJaffeJofa
12-04-2009, 08:52 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Harrington and Gallinari the only reason i watch knicks games anymore

JordansBulls
12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
If the Bulls do this deal then we need to do that deal for Tmac as well.

knickfan4life
12-04-2009, 09:35 AM

james was signed for the MLE by the knicks a few yrs back so hes makin bout $7M this season

knickerbockerny
12-04-2009, 09:46 AM
This makes absolutely no sense for the Knicks. Donnie I say nay!

KnicksorBust
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM
This makes absolutely no sense for the Knicks. Donnie I say nay!

Agree unless Jeffries is involved.

The Apprentice
12-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Horrible trade for the bulls,but great for the knicks.Tyrus would be a beast in new yorks system.:speechless:

29$JerZ
12-04-2009, 11:53 AM
NY has no PG, Tyrus would suck here with Duhon walking the ball up and not using the system the right way.

Not happening unless Donnie wants to trade Tyrus and Jared to Portland for Andre Miller and Travis Outlaw

mavwar53
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I would think for the money to work Hinrich would have to be in this deal. The bulls want to get wade and another good player when Free Agency comes

davg31
12-04-2009, 12:10 PM
This guy is talking like it's done:

http://www.windycitizen.com/blogs/bullish-thoughts/2009/12/04/tyrus-thomas-traded-knicks-guy-one-step-closer-to-lebron

b_rad23
12-04-2009, 12:12 PM
The money is perfect, it's a nice move for both

b_rad23
12-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Bull get another Jerome James!
2 Jerome James's in one team :drool:

:laugh2:

KnicksorBust
12-04-2009, 12:22 PM
NY has no PG, Tyrus would suck here with Duhon walking the ball up and not using the system the right way.

Not happening unless Donnie wants to trade Tyrus and Jared to Portland for Andre Miller and Travis Outlaw

You jacking my trade idea from the Knicks Forum??:confused:

cheetos185
12-04-2009, 12:23 PM

actually if curry trade didn't happen albridge would have been here not TT :)

cheetos185
12-04-2009, 12:24 PM
I would think for the money to work Hinrich would have to be in this deal. The bulls want to get wade and another good player when Free Agency comes

so do the knicks you think donnie would take on longer contract for TT pls don't overate him

mikantsass
12-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Good trade for the Bulls. This gives them a much needed PF. Ty Thomas could fit in well with DAntoni's system on the other end.

It will be interesting to see if this trade goes down....

mavwar53
12-04-2009, 12:39 PM
so do the knicks you think donnie would take on longer contract for TT pls don't overate him

they know they only have a chance at 1 big FA since the cap space is going down again, so to get a good defensive PG and young PF with potential to give up some of the cap space they would do this. They don't have a first round pick and after the whole team is gone after this year they are going to need a good player or 2 to attract any top notch FA's

Gallanari is the only thing the knicks have going for them and that is not going to attract LeBron, Amare, Wade, or Bosh.

cheetos185
12-04-2009, 12:43 PM
they know they only have a chance at 1 big FA since the cap space is going down again, so to get a good defensive PG and young PF with potential to give up some of the cap space they would do this. They don't have a first round pick and after the whole team is gone after this year they are going to need a good player or 2 to attract any top notch FA's

Gallanari is the only thing the knicks have going for them and that is not going to attract LeBron, Amare, Wade, or Bosh.

lol how do you knw if walsh succeeds in getting cap for 2 max than anything possible you knw lebron isn't going to care if there is pg here or not cause he wants to run the offense wherever he goes

save the knicks
12-04-2009, 12:46 PM
This would be an epic fleece by Knicks management if they can swing it.

Ty is like David Lee on steroids

Bulls would be dumb to let this guy go

colinskik
12-04-2009, 12:49 PM
I just don't get this from the Knicks standpoint. Does Tyrus become the new sixth man? Why not just let Hill get some more minutes ... unless we then deal Tyrus for a PG or something.

MSG34
12-04-2009, 12:50 PM
I just don't get this from the Knicks standpoint. Does Tyrus become the new sixth man? Why not just let Hill get some more minutes ... unless we then deal Tyrus for a PG or something.

i think if this deal gets done another one will follow like randolph and crawford last year

ElToro
12-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Tyrus "The Virus" Thomas & Jerome "Not That" James for Al Harrington & Wilson Chandler.

29$JerZ
12-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Tyrus "The Virus" Thomas & Jerome "Not That" James for Al Harrington & Wilson Chandler.

Funny how when Bulls swapped Picks with the Knicks you ended up with Tyrus and we ended up with Wilson

Not happening

Tyrus and Jerome for AL is all that will happen, nothing will be added if it goes down

AIMelo=KillaDUO
12-04-2009, 01:14 PM
idk why the Knicks would make this trade...

Giaps
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
As a Knicks fan, I like Harrington. He gets selfish sometimes but I believe that's only because he is the best player on a bad team. He loves NY and being a Knick so I would be sad to see him go. Taking back Jerome James just rubs me the wrong way and TT is ok but seems like just a rental. I'd either want some kind of pick included or to include Jeffries.

futureman
12-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Would be good for both teams I think. Bulls need some offensive firepower, the Knicks need more youth and athleticism, especially up front. They are a small team. Ty would help out a lot.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! wait a minute. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is a very good trade for the Jazz because this guy is garbage and won't help anything but our chances of drafting in the Top 3 with their draft pick.

Cubsfan365
12-04-2009, 01:40 PM

Someone hasn't watched any bulls games. It's really fun watching Tyrus launch routine 20-foot jumpshots and even some three pointers.

gocubs2118
12-04-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm starting to think you have never seen Tyrus Thomas play basketball before.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-04-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm starting to think you have never seen Tyrus Thomas play basketball before.

Its very obvious. TT is david lee on steroids, come on. TT is david lee without a brain.

29$JerZ
12-04-2009, 02:43 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! wait a minute. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is a very good trade for the Jazz because this guy is garbage and won't help anything but our chances of drafting in the Top 3 with their draft pick.

You can quote me on this, Utah isn't getting a Top 3 pick

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't think Bulls fans have watched David Lee much because he can't play defense and is pretty worthless away from the basket. A Tyrus for Lee swap seems pretty fair, but doesn't help the Bulls because Lee is a poor man's version of Noah.

Wade_County
12-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Wow how much has Thomas fell off. Last year all the Bulls fans where saying it was a good trade(for PHX) to trade him for Amare and fillers, lol.

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Wow how much has Thomas fell off. Last year all the Bulls fans where saying it was a good trade(for PHX) to trade him for Amare and fillers, lol.

His play hasn't, his attitude is pushing him out. He still needs to work on a lot of facets in his game but he thinks he is already an all-star quality player, he is not that, yet.

In a system like NY or PHX he will be very productive and with the right coaching (attitude adjustments) he will be a very good player. He's 6'10, long, and has a great vertical so he plays as tall as anyone in the league. His jumpshot has quietly developed, despite what Bulls fans will say, he knocks down the mid range jumper at the same rate Taj Gibson does. His athleticism needs to be taken advantage of and Chicago has not done say playing at the leagues fourth slowest pace this season.

sugarrayray
12-04-2009, 03:39 PM
good idea for both teams in a way. it helps the bulls right now, but i think thomas could still develop into a good player. he'll never make up for them trading lamarcus aldridge for him, but hes still young and showed progress last year. meanwhile, harrington could help the bulls offense right now, but he is a selfish ball hog, and he tries to handle the ball way too much. it could be a short term spark plug for the bulls, but in the long term theyd be wasting a lot of talent getting rid of thomas. knicks would be even further helping their own future alot by getting a young thomas for an inefficient harrington.

CostanzaNumba0
12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
This isn't happening it doesnt make sense for the knicks to cut into their cap next year for a player that isnt a game changer... Al is better than TT anyway

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 04:05 PM
This isn't happening it doesnt make sense for the knicks to cut into their cap next year for a player that isnt a game changer... Al is better than TT anyway

It doesn't count into their cap next year, Tyrus is a restricted free agent, the Knicks can renounce his rights the same as Harrington.

NyCsPoRtS1
12-04-2009, 04:10 PM
hope so

Ray_R
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM

Thomas wasnt the main attraction we were going to have to give either Deng or Hnrich in their.

I like this trade for both teams so hope they get it done.

abe_froman
12-04-2009, 04:22 PM

thats because reports at the time were that phx didnt want amare anymore and wanted to go cheap and young(which he fit)

it had to do alot more with circumstance then actual value of tyrus thomas

effen5
12-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Does the Knicks want any more of our garbage? Aaron Gray for a first round pick?

VIP1349
12-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Why are we not making a bigger deal about the Knicks getting back James. You know who will be affected worse by this deal? Catering. They'll have to attend to both James and Curry, poor bastards.

Kakaroach
12-04-2009, 08:48 PM
This would give the Utah Jazz a better pick this year if it happened, Harrington is their #1 option.

KB24PG16
12-04-2009, 08:51 PM
i dont this helps the bulls much

Bartlee23
12-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Does the Knicks want any more of our garbage? Aaron Gray for a first round pick?

LOL !!!!!! New York has been notorious for taking our " garbage " and worshiping them. Eddy Curry has been worshipped by many in New York and has done nothing but create the famous " Eddy Curry line " showing he actually hurts the team more than helps it when he plays, Chris Duhon where he may not get the same " love " he was getting before was another " steal " New York fans they thought they got from Chicago and any New York fan that denies it is lying. Larry Hughes.... thank GOD he's gone. Maybe your trade proposal could go through ?

uprightciti
12-04-2009, 09:11 PM
why in the hell would ny want jerome james back horrible horrible idea for the knicks
hate this trade

ChiSox219
12-04-2009, 09:12 PM
why in the hell would ny want jerome james back horrible horrible idea for the knicks
hate this trade

It's to match salaries, I don't think James would even play a game.

smith&wesson
12-04-2009, 09:21 PM
would help the bulls alot in the play offs. harrington can go off for 30 on any given night.

NewjackNY
12-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Harrington is a black hole and the knicks would be getting a legit 4. Do it Donnie!

Slimsim
12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
Hell no Al is worth Much more than that. If he was to play like he is tonight Every night we can get a first round pick.

NYKnicks4511
12-04-2009, 10:29 PM
We'd lose Ty's dumbass and get a scorer in Harrington. I hope this happens.

You guys don't realize that if you take Harrington your offensive continuity will come to a screeching halt every time he touches the ball.

Don Nelson was right, the guy thinks he's a superstar as he puts his head down and barrels to the basket about 50-60% of his touches (no exaggeration).

Team basketball doesn't process with him, has tunnel vision, and overrates himself.

I'd love to make this deal, as long as we get a pick or lose JJ.