PDA

View Full Version : Combine the T-Wolves and the Nets

metsfan99999
12-03-2009, 06:53 PM
I was arguing about this today with one of my friends. If you take the best players from the 0-18 nets and combine them with the best players from the 2-16 T-Wolves, how good do you think that team would be? I don't think they would be much better than a 5 seed in either conference. Its pretty sad when you can't even turn yourself in to a legitimate title contender by combining together with another team.

Potential 12 man Roster
C Brook Lopez
PF Al Jefferson
SF Ryan Gomes
SG Chris Douglas Roberts
PG Devin Harris
BN Corey Brewer
BN Johnny Flynn
BN Courtney Lee
BN Kevin Love
BN Ryan Hollins
BN Josh Boone
BN Terrence Williams

*Superman*
12-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Pretty good team. Nice young talent with Harris, Al, and Lopez. A bunch of solid role players, IMO they could get the 4th seed in the East.

J_M_B
12-03-2009, 07:02 PM
That would be a pretty young and good team. They could grab the 4th seed in the east and 6th or 7th in the west.

PurpleJesus
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
you forgot to put kevin love on that team

TheCerebral1
12-03-2009, 07:15 PM
At least the Wolves won a few nights ago or else they'd be 1-17.

A healthy Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson and Devin Harris will definitely make a playoff team in my books. They'd probably just need some help on the wings but Sessions, Flynn and Love would be great bait to acquire it.

BKNets
12-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't think they would be much better than a 5 seed in either conference. Its pretty sad when you can't even turn yourself in to a legitimate title contender by combining together with another team.

Aside from the fact that both teams are loaded with young players, I think they would be in the playoff hunt, at least. I think you're off base, here. In fact, I don't think that you're going to find many people that will actually agree with you. Now if you were to replace either team with the Knicks, I might be more likely to see your point of view. ****** record or not, I'd still rather be a Net or a Wolf than a Knick.

BlondeBomber41
12-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I actually think they would be pretty good. At least as good as Portland is now. They would be more talented than Portland.

A Lopez/Jefferson frontcourt with Love off the bench would be excellent. They'd have a great PG and a very good backup to him. I love Ryan Gomes and I think with Bobby Simmons, Brewer or Terrence Williams behind him it would be very solid SF rotation. CDR, Lee and Wayne Ellington would be good.

It would be like this IMO

Lopez/Hollins/S.Williams
Jefferson/Love/Jianlian
Gomes/Simmons/T.Williams
CDR/Lee/Ellington
Harris/Flynn/Sessions

blastmasta26
12-03-2009, 09:52 PM
That team would have a good record during the regular season, only thing holding them back from contending would be a lack of experience.

Simpson4Heisman
12-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I still dont think they'd even make the playoffs haha. I'm actually being serious about them not making it, I just think it's funny too :lol:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
C-Lopez, Love, S. Williams
PF-Jefferson, Jianlian, Blount
SF-Gomes, Brewer, Simmons
SG-CDR, Lee, Sessions
PG-Harris, Flynn, Alston

That team is stacked.

TheKing23
12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
SG-CDR, Lee, Sessions
PG-Harris, Flynn, Alston

That team is stacked.

Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez starting over Mark Blount... :no:

BlondeBomber41
12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I still dont think they'd even make the playoffs haha. I'm actually being serious about them not making it, I just think it's funny too :lol:

They be more talented that several teams that are locks to make the playoffs, so I dont know how you could think that.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Al Jefferson and Brook Lopez starting over Mark Blount... :no:

Mark is starting to lose his luster.

He's not the same 50 and 20 guy he use to be.

He's only good for 30 and 15 now.

randomness
12-03-2009, 10:28 PM
SG-CDR, Lee, Sessions
PG-Harris, Flynn, Alston

I would say somewhere between 5th-8th in the West.. really good team with tons of potential. Lopez+Jefferson=Win

mikantsass
12-03-2009, 10:31 PM
I was arguing about this today with one of my friends. If you take the best players from the 0-18 nets and combine them with the best players from the 2-16 T-Wolves, how good do you think that team would be? I don't think they would be much better than a 5 seed in either conference. Its pretty sad when you can't even turn yourself in to a legitimate title contender by combining together with another team.

Potential 12 man Roster
C Brook Lopez
PF Al Jefferson
SF Ryan Gomes
SG Chris Douglas Roberts
PG Devin Harris
BN Corey Brewer
BN Johnny Flynn
BN Courtney Lee
BN Yi Jianlian
BN Ryan Hollins
BN Josh Boone
BN Terrence Williams

Looks good except for Yi

rabzouz 96
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
they might not be instant contenders but they could develop into a really nice team.

superkegger
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
If you factor in the problems they've had, with Harris out, Love out, Al Jefferson hobbled, right now, they'd still be a bad team. Lot of potential, and they've have a chance to turn things around. But they'd still be below .500 right now.

ecorrea
12-03-2009, 10:40 PM
you people are delirious, there is a reason they are a combined 2 and 35...

yes they would have a lot of talent, but it is all young

4th seed in the east!!!! hahah thats hilarious... at best 7th or 8th

CMON MAN!

ecorrea
12-03-2009, 10:41 PM
you people are delirious, there is a reason they are a combined 2 and 35...

yes they would have a lot of talent, but it is all young

4th seed in the east!!!! hahah thats hilarious... at best 7th or 8th

CMON MAN!