PDA

View Full Version : Where does Big Z rank among Cavs/All-Time Bigs?

Chronz
12-03-2009, 05:55 AM
Given that Big Z just became the franchises leader in games played, I found tonight fitting to put his historical contributions into perspective. A friend of mine scoffed at the second question, as if Big Z's career hadnt been deserving of provoking such a thought process. But seriously, every player should have a ranking and placement among his peer group, and any true historian/fanatic of the game should raise these questions.

So which Cavs would you rate ahead of Z?

As for the All-Time rankings, Ive gone through the trouble of eliminating all the centers that are clearly ahead of Big Z to create a peer group of players around his stature. Which would you rate ahead of Big Z?

Top Centers Outside the Top25-30 All-Time (ShotClock Era)
Brad Miller
Bill Lambeer
Vlade Divac
Arvydas Sabonis
Rik Smits
Bill Cartwright
Clyde Lovellette
Marcus Camby
Elden Cambell

Is Big Z Top 25, Top 30, or Top40 Material?

bigboyblu
12-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Big Z has always been just a serviceable big man with ok D and an above average offensive game that can pull other bigs off the block with a great mid-range shot.
In Cavs history he is prob one of the best, but I'm not going to pretend to be a cavs expert.
All-time sorry to say but he's not evenon the radar.

FairWeatherFan?
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I cant rate him all time in the NBA or for the CAVS (different eras, different rules, different competition) But I will say for his position, in the era he has and is playing, he may be the most underated ever.

TheKing23
12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
He is so underrated... For a player that overcame such horrible injuries early in his career to forge a legacy that will be remembered for a long time in Cleveland is remarkable. Cavs wise he is a top 5 big man in franchise history and probably a top 10 player overall.

A true nice guy of the NBA, he is always humble in interviews and the way he conducts himself on and off the court shows how much of a great role model he is. If he had played in a bigger market, he would maybe get the recognition he deserves but i'm sure when it's all said and done and he calls a time on his playing career, he'll be rewarded for his loyalty and that number 11 will hang from the rafters of The Q.

ko8e24
12-03-2009, 10:37 PM
cavs forum

and nobody is greater than the great anderson varejao, so BIG Z would rank 2nd behind him

Lakersfan2483
12-04-2009, 01:10 AM
Top 40 center.