PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. NJ Nets

fbombandco
12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
This is a eulogy to the New Jersey Nets of 2009-10 because management has left this season for dead.

http://thesportscourier.com/content/rip-new-jersey-nets-2009-10

JJ_JKidd
12-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Yeah.. Real sad. Dumb owner. After Kidd chose the Nets over the Spurs they repaid his loyalty with the following Big Men:

Mark Jackson
Magloire
Mutombo
Mourning (the pre-Miami Heat championship talent Zo)
Plus the fact that JASON COLLINS started as center!

So dont diss Kidd for the "migraine" issue. Its about loyalty. Kidd had plenty, front office had none.. Except maybe for real estate investors.

Lindystud36
12-03-2009, 01:09 AM
Chris Bosh and Rudy Gay
#1 pick, John Wall

From the worst team in basketball to one of the elite

PG: Haris
SG:Wall
SF:Gay
PF: Bosh
C: Lopez
6th man CDR

One sucky year for 5 years of championship contention, with the Russian buying the team, and Brooklyn being official, this team will be destined to win. They will have the highest quality of trainers with the russian owner and a deadly team.

Jonathan2323
12-03-2009, 01:11 AM
the worst team almost never gets the 1st pick.

shas
12-03-2009, 01:13 AM
TRUE true.

29$JerZ
12-03-2009, 01:13 AM

x2
Kings will vouch for that, but looking at the top 4 players drafted this year they got a steal with Evans.

J$mo0th_3o5
12-03-2009, 01:14 AM
That would suck if the Nets don't get a top 2 pick.

JJ_JKidd
12-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Chris Bosh and Rudy Gay
#1 pick, John Wall

6th man CDR

One sucky year for 5 years of championship contention, with the Russian buying the team, and Brooklyn being official, this team will be destined to win. They will have the highest quality of trainers with the russian owner and a deadly team.

How about they get Fedor Emelianenko's trainers :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I remember.

madiaz3
12-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Chris Bosh and Rudy Gay
#1 pick, John Wall

6th man CDR

Even if all of those things were to somehow happen, (unlikely)...I'm not sure that would even be an elite team. Who has the ball in their hands most of the time? The scoring PG? John Wall who expects to save whatever franchise he's drafted to? Rudy Gay who shoots an awful lot. The best player in Bosh? Or the number one option from the year before. I could ALMOST see it feasible with a traditional PG (like Kidd) but otherwise...uhh

Let's not forget that defensively this is one of the poorest teams ever assembled, (not to discredit Wall as I don't know enough about him but most rookies don't come in great defenders.) with the saving grace being perhaps the blocking ability of Lopez.

That team reminds me of Marbury/Crawford/Randolph/Curry. While Boston's big three and the not yet developed Rondo and Perkins is so much better a team than that unrealistic Nets team. (proper role players, lack of guys who NEED the ball, DEFENSE, veteran leadership, the list goes on...) Who's going to lead this team, the 25 year old Bosh? (good coaching staff and surrounded by vets is what lets him do it in TOR.)

DerekRE_3
12-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Yeah.. Real sad. Dumb owner. After Kidd chose the Nets over the Spurs they repaid his loyalty with the following Big Men:

Mark Jackson
Magloire
Mutombo

So dont diss Kidd for the "migraine" issue. Its about loyalty. Kidd had plenty, front office had none.. Except maybe for real estate investors.

Don't forget Mikki Moore.

JJ_JKidd
12-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Don't forget Mikki Moore.

Well yeah hes a nobody before JKidd made him a serviceable guy. Remembered when he became a FA and he signed with Sac Town (I think over) the Nets. I dont blame him though. He needs money. Hes not like a max contract player who s future is financially secure.

GREATNESS ONE
12-03-2009, 02:00 AM
This team does have talent and really kind of mind blowing they will hold this record.

Chronz
12-03-2009, 02:04 AM

Mark Jackson
Magloire
Mutombo

Kidd chose MONEY over the Spurs, and in the process forced his management to sign Zo for him to even think about resigning in the first place. So lets not act like Kidd is an angel....

Both sides did what they had to, nobody is at fault here. Its the natural way of the game, you build up a core and let it run its course.

DerekRE_3
12-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Well yeah hes a nobody before JKidd made him a serviceable guy. Remembered when he became a FA and he signed with Sac Town (I think over) the Nets. I dont blame him though. He needs money. Hes not like a max contract player who s future is financially secure.

Yeah I know...I'm a Kings fan...I hated that signing so much...it doesn't take a genius to figure out he was just a product of Kidd...most 7 footers can make open dunks. Mikki's biggest challenge was catching a ball....which he amazingly struggles with.

theuuord
12-03-2009, 04:40 AM
I mean, he makes some decent points, but you can tell the author doesn't really follow the Nets.

JayAllDay
12-03-2009, 04:43 AM
NJ has some decent talent surrounded by less than mediocre talent.
They are not moving to Brooklyn and their lease is running out.
Most likely they are gonna be playing in Newark for few years.
Which means nobody's gonna come and play for them.

Screw it. The Nyets are the worst franchise in the NBA hands down.

34th and 7th is where it's at not the ****ing meadowlands.

JJ_JKidd
12-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Kidd chose MONEY over the Spurs, and in the process forced his management to sign Zo for him to even think about resigning in the first place. So lets not act like Kidd is an angel....

Both sides did what they had to, nobody is at fault here. Its the natural way of the game, you build up a core and let it run its course.

Puhlleaaasseee??? If he chose the money then hed not rant of the Nets sucking during his watch! He was promised of pieces to win a Chip but nothing significant came. Talk about Zo? Man hes a kidney transplant man before that so there are risks.

PS management is at fault. Before the writers even wrote the following:

The Nets didnít back into this record, but earned it Wednesday. All together, the New Jersey Nets laid down and quit on themselves, the way the owner quit on Jersey five years ago. Bruce Ratner will go down as one of the most destructive owners in NBA history, and for one night until the Russian billionaire takes over, one more inglorious night, everyone wanted to celebrate that manís incompetence and failure in the odd kind of way they could only do here, in Jersey, where NBA basketball seasons have long come to die.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoVTUIoiCTBvuk5JB.7J8BC8vLYF?slug=aw-netsstreak120209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I already saw the writing on the wall that the owner IS NOT WILLING TO SPEND because of his real estate dreams. That was like 4 years ago. If there was an archive of PSD posts here id gladly show my comments regarding im talking about.

I M P L O S I O N--- That is the word to describe what has happened to the team for the past years. But, like I said in the people in the Nets forum,,, if youre down,, theres no where to go but UP!

I really think they must seriously consider making a move for Bosh at this year's deadline. Hes growing more and more disinterested at the Raps. Thatd convince Bron to jump ship (maybe). So that brings:

Harris
?
Bron
Bosh
Lopez
+ the guy that they are gonna get in the pick in the Draft. Chrisake,, I hope they get the number 1 pick. Anything less,, lets just imagine the Nets franchise did not exist. Too much bad luck if that happens.

arkanian215
12-03-2009, 12:21 PM
lol he aint dumb. he bought the team specifically to move it to brooklyn and flip it for more money than he bought it for. he's making money off having the nets. supposedly the whole atlantic yards thing will earn him more money than he lost all those years.

arkanian215
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
maybe it helps being in a larger market or the possibility of moving to a larger market. this is the perfect time for the nba to give the top pick to the worst team.

JayAllDay
12-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Ok Nets are gonna get better because

1) It's ****king hoppin' in NJ. They all chill there because there's so much to do.
2) There are like 15 million Net fans. Izod center isn' like a day care center or a psych rehab facility that most make it out to be.
3) Meadownlands is awesome and oh boy Brooklyn is gonna happen sometime in the next 10 years. Fingers crossed!
4) The core we have right now is good enough to win at least 25 games. Josh Boone is a future HOFer.
5) New York city is just s short trip down the turnpike. All Nets players are loved in NYC I tell ya.

POOOF

No the Nets are doomed. They have a front office that care nothing about their fans, because frankly they don't care about the team except that it makes money. The Nets as a franchise brings absolutely no mystique around it except for the players that play in that uniform. They're HOFers are all remembered for their better play on other teams, while one of them is remembered for tragically passing after only 3 years with the team. The entire state of NY does not care about the Nets. Most people in NJ don't care about the Nets, and if you live in south jersey most likely you are a Sixers fan. They obviously need to pack up and leave and the impact it is going to have on the community is gonna be close to none and I know like maybe 1 person that's gonna be really sad to see them leave.

Robbw241
12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
NJ has some decent talent surrounded by less than mediocre talent.
They are not moving to Brooklyn and their lease is running out.
Most likely they are gonna be playing in Newark for few years.
Which means nobody's gonna come and play for them.

Screw it. The Nyets are the worst franchise in the NBA hands down.

34th and 7th is where it's at not the ****ing meadowlands.

The Worst Kid...

McPeak92
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
"these aren't your older brothers nets" made me laugh