PDA

View Full Version : Why isnt Mark jackson coaching?

Lakeshow86
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM
seriously, if you've ever heard him commentating about the game you know that the man knows basketball inside and out. Once Phil Jackson retires i hope Lakers at least look at him

*Superman*
12-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Because he doesn't ****ing want to.

superkegger
12-02-2009, 08:59 PM
My guess is, is because instead of putting in is dues as an assistant, he thinks he should be given a head coaching job without any prior experience.

No offense to Mark Jackson, I like the guy, but if you want to be a head coach, put in your dues as an assistant.

Obviously he knows the game, but that doesn't really matter.

Isiah Thomas knows the game as well as anybody, didn't make him a good coach. Just because he understands the game doesn't make him qualified to coach. There are numerous legends that understand and know the game, but they've been lousy coaches and GM's.

FlakeyFool
12-02-2009, 09:00 PM
micheal jordan should coach...

Iodine
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
My guess is, is because instead of putting in is dues as an assistant, he thinks he should be given a head coaching job without any prior experience.

No offense to Mark Jackson, I like the guy, but if you want to be a head coach, put in your dues as an assistant.

Isiah Thomas knows the game as well as anybody, didn't make him a good coach. Just because he understands the game doesn't make him qualified to coach. There are numerous legends that understand and know the game, but they've been lousy coaches and GM's.

Wes Unseld proves your point about as well as zeke
yes I'm ****ing bitter

superkegger
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Wes Unseld proves your point about as well as zeke
yes I'm ****ing bitter

Touche.

Highlight
12-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Yep.

Knowing the game isn't enough to be a successful coach. You have to have certain leadership skills/qualities with that knowledge.

Some people are not good at managing different personalities and such.

I like Mark Jackson too, but I don't see him coaching unless a team is really desperate for a coach. Most teams will take the coach with the best resume and best game plan.

thedfactor
12-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Better yet, why doesn't ESPN team him and JVG anymore?

bahama0811
12-02-2009, 09:08 PM
He doesn't want to coach. If he did he would've started as an assistant and worked his way up.

ItsTheLastAce
12-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Better yet, why doesn't ESPN team him and JVG anymore?

i was wondering the same thing and that chick in your sig is hot who is she?

sofargone
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
micheal jordan should coach...
hes already doing a great job as a GM

GoatMilk
12-02-2009, 09:39 PM
because he would suck as a coach

DerekRE_3
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
hes already doing a great job as a GM

Common misconception. Rod Higgins is the GM of the Bobcats and Larry Brown pretty much gets the guys he wants anyways.

Preuss-is-right
12-03-2009, 03:37 AM
He was a leading candidate for the Wolves job but it was a safer bet with Rambis. I'm sure he'll get his shot sooner or later.

The real question is "Why isn't Herb Williams a head coach?"