PDA

View Full Version : Amare Stoudemire will look for Championship Situation In Free Agency

JordansBulls
12-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Source: NYDailynews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/12/02/2009-12-02_amare_stoudemire.html)

"I'm pretty sure the guys who are looking...from the free-agency standpoint want to get better, they want to win a championship," said Amar'e Stoudemire, the Phoenix Suns forward who can opt out of his contract at season's end and join the free-agent class that may include LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. "Speaking for myself, I definitely want to win a championship, that's the ultimate goal."

Insisting that free agency is the furthest thing from his mind, Stoudemire didn't rule out the possibility, although he did emphasize how important the record and makeup of a potential suitor could be, saying players "never want to be associated with a bad team."

Gibby23
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Source: NYDailynews (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/12/02/2009-12-02_amare_stoudemire.html)

Maybe he should rebound and play D and this Suns team can be even better.

kEviN21
12-02-2009, 02:13 PM
The Suns need someone like Ray Allen.

Iodine
12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
If Amare ever wins a championship as he teams best bigman I will cut off and eat my left nipple

Lindystud36
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
amare and joe johnson to new york

ragee
12-02-2009, 02:26 PM
The Suns need someone like Ray Allen.

They could have gotten one in Rudy if their owner didn't let Paul Allen buy Rudy from them! :D

If Amare ever wins a championship as he teams best bigman I will cut off and eat my left nipple

I think if he goes to the Bulls, they have a chance... If, of course, he is willing to play some d... Or if he goes to Miami... Wade has been taking them to the playoffs playing with scrubs...

Ray_R
12-02-2009, 02:28 PM

I dont think hell go to new york hes looking for champioship situation Ny is 3-4 years away from being a contender

Jetsguy
12-02-2009, 02:28 PM

didnt he say he wants to win:p and I am a Knicks fan!

Ray_R
12-02-2009, 02:31 PM
They could have gotten one in Rudy if their owner didn't let Paul Allen buy Rudy from them! :D

I think if he goes to the Bulls, they have a chance... If, of course, he is willing to play some d... Or if he goes to Miami... Wade has been taking them to the playoffs playing with scrubs...

AMare ro miami seems good for both partie.....................That way bulls can get Bosh ;)

thephoenixson28
12-02-2009, 02:36 PM
I guess if he leaves he is taking the easy way out. Phoenix always put a contender around him. He is the one that is supposed to deliver. Maybe he goes by his word. Amare stoudemire to the lakers will take less money for a championship. If he does leave especially for L.a I would burn his jersey.

skinsfan4life80
12-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Last i Checked he was on a first place team..he needs to be worried about this year and learning to guard someone.

jetsfan28
12-02-2009, 02:39 PM

How mad will you be now if he signs with LeBron?

ragee
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
AMare ro miami seems good for both partie.....................That way bulls can get Bosh ;)

Yeah... I'd pick Bosh over Amare any given day...

superkegger
12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Thing is, he said the ultimate goal is a championship. Maybe I'm just overanalyzing what he said, but that sounds like, he'd be willing to take money over a ring for now, as long as eventually he has a chance at a ring.

Gibby23
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I guess if he leaves he is taking the easy way out. Phoenix always put a contender around him. He is the one that is supposed to deliver. Maybe he goes by his word. Amare stoudemire to the lakers will take less money for a championship. If he does leave especially for L.a I would burn his jersey.

That will never happen. The Lakers are out of money, unless he wants the MLE.

Ty Fast
12-02-2009, 03:03 PM
amare to chicago

Iodine
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
How mad will you be now if he signs with LeBron?

My two least favorite "stars" in the last 10 years?

I would laugh uncontrollably while becoming the next tarrot card killer

superkegger
12-02-2009, 03:12 PM
My two least favorite "stars" in the last 10 years?

I would laugh uncontrollably while becoming the next tarrot card killer

I see you more as the Son of Sam kind of killer to be honest.

Iodine
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
I see you more as the Son of Sam kind of killer to be honest.

Honestly?

well if you say so, but as long im a crazy mother****er im good

thephoenixson28
12-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I see you more as the Son of Sam kind of killer to be honest. Do you always follow iodine cuz everytime he post you go right behind him and reply to everything he says.

Teeboy1487
12-02-2009, 03:52 PM

He would not fit with the lakers. We have enough 4s and he will not take the mle. My guess is he will go to Chicago, Cleveland, or Miami.

Iodine
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Do you always follow iodine cuz everytime he post you go right behind him and reply to everything he says.

Were friends so we usually go to threads togethor

me and kegger plan to have a baby

King P
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I remember he was on the radio saying that he would love to re-unite with Mike D'Antoni. So I think he might go to the Knicks. He would fit right into that overrated system.

I remember he talked so much crap about how much better he was than Chris Bosh. :pity:

JDizzle
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
suns seem like a championship team right now

29$JerZ
12-02-2009, 05:00 PM
At first I really was liking the idea of Amar'e coming to NY but I'm not sure anymore.
Lee plays no Defense but pretty much gets the same stats Amar'e does.
And Amar'e is going to want a MAX which he shouldn't get since he is do 1 dimensional at this point.

thephoenixson28
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Were friends so we usually go to threads togethor

me and kegger plan to have a baby What are you going to call it iodinekegger or superdine

thephoenixson28
12-02-2009, 05:05 PM
At first I really was liking the idea of Amar'e coming to NY but I'm not sure anymore.
Lee plays no Defense but pretty much gets the same stats Amar'e does.
And Amar'e is going to want a MAX which he shouldn't get since he is do 1 dimensional at this point. Amare can be a great player if he puts his mind to. If he lets his play do the talking he would be alright

Iodine
12-02-2009, 05:08 PM
What are you going to call it iodinekegger or superdine

Buckwheat 2.0

29$JerZ
12-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Amare can be a great player if he puts his mind to. If he lets his play do the talking he would be alright

I know, however if your going to give a guy a MAX he should be able to do more then just score.

I think he is either being health conscience this season since 2010 is coming or he is just having an off year but if this is who we get in 2010 its going to be a disaster. Lee already gets bashed tremendously for literally having no D other then in his name.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-02-2009, 05:14 PM
He could go to Miami.

That's the only team that has cap and is a decent playoff team.

Other than that, stay with Phoenix.

thapharcyd
12-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Amare wants to play on a "contender", Suns could be that again with an upgraded SF and a real C who can protect the basket. He should just stay in Phx. Looks like they wil win 50+ games this year anyways. Might not be a contender but just a few pieces and they could be a lot better.

superkegger
12-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Do you always follow iodine cuz everytime he post you go right behind him and reply to everything he says.

Well, we actually talk outside of PSD. We're the bestest of e-friends.

So we usually point out really ****** threads and then post in them.

Buckwheat 2.0

this

HiphopRelated
12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
Amare wants to play on a "contender", Suns could be that again with an upgraded SF and a real C who can protect the basket. He should just stay in Phx. Looks like they wil win 50+ games this year anyways. Might not be a contender but just a few pieces and they could be a lot better.
Nash only has a couple years left

ugafan
12-02-2009, 05:39 PM
With Joe Johnson not resigning, I think if the Hawks signed him they would be set.
PG- Bibby
SG-Solid Veteran Free Agent, whoever falls within the budget
SF: Josh Smith
PF: Al Horford
C: Amare

Of course I'm stupid and I'm a Hawks fan.

Bishnoff
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe he should rebound and play D and this Suns team can be even better.

He's started playing D, just can't rebound.

thedfactor
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I think Dallas would be a good place to go. They won't have Erick Dampier or Drew Gooden on the books meaning no centers. Amare would be instantly on a legit Western conference team and fill a Mavericks need, maybe pushing them into real title contention. I don't see him not wanting to start with Kidd, Howard?, Marion, and Dirk with the JET still off the bench.

Bishnoff
12-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I think Dallas would be a good place to go. They won't have Erick Dampier or Drew Gooden on the books meaning no centers. Amare would be instantly on a legit Western conference team and fill a Mavericks need, maybe pushing them into real title contention. I don't see him not wanting to start with Kidd, Howard?, Marion, and Dirk with the JET still off the bench.

Who would you play at Centre? Because Amar'e isn't a Centre.

ldc62
12-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Who would want Amare when theres still Bosh? Amare can't play D (neither can Bosh) and for an athletic PF, his rebounding numbers are pitiful. Also I wanna see how he does without a Nash on his team.

Kakaroach
12-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Yeah its Amare, he might leave after all. But the Suns are a decent team, no contender though. Maybe Miami if D. Wade re-signs there? I dunno, but him saying this makes things interesting.

smith&wesson
12-02-2009, 06:08 PM
amare must be a real dumb ***. he is playing for the best team in the league why cant he help them be contenders ?

thedfactor
12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Who would you play at Centre? Because Amar'e isn't a Centre.You're right he's not a center, but he's played there before and could in Dallas. If Drew Gooden can start and post almost nightly double doubles, Amare can do even better. The west doesn't have many huge centers anymore besides LA and Yao that might trouble the 6'10" Amare.

However, his dynamic would mesh well in Dallas with players like Kidd, Dirk and Terry and former teammate Marion in running the floor in transition.

ko8e24
12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
lol, im confused by the title of this thread.

does that mean that amare is comin to the lakers in 2010???

I don't think we have enough cap room to sign him

thephoenixson28
12-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Ok let me explain something. Amare if you are thinking of winning a championship, sign for less money and let that clear the door for other free agents to sign here. He is not going anywhere were he is going to get max dollars and have a great team.

MTar786
12-02-2009, 07:12 PM
honestly.. i see amare signing with cleveland after next season.. the NBA will make lebron have a great team.. shaqs 20 mil goes off the books at the end of the season. z may retire. tahts another 10 atleast.. i dont understand why people dont see this coming.
cleveland is going to get either bosh or amare next season

PHX2daDEATH
12-02-2009, 07:35 PM
You're right he's not a center, but he's played there before and could in Dallas. If Drew Gooden can start and post almost nightly double doubles, Amare can do even better. The west doesn't have many huge centers anymore besides LA and Yao that might trouble the 6'10" Amare.

However, his dynamic would mesh well in Dallas with players like Kidd, Dirk and Terry and former teammate Marion in running the floor in transition.

Now whats been said is that... Marion and Stoudemire never got along and you could always tell on the court, they never developed a chemistry together.. Don't see Dallas doing this.. they like Centers who can rebound and block shots.. Amare doesn't do that.. He's too similiar to Dirk.

wileyisTOFU
12-02-2009, 07:55 PM

read my mind

sofargone
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
sick can i have some

Gibby23
12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Now whats been said is that... Marion and Stoudemire never got along and you could always tell on the court, they never developed a chemistry together.. Don't see Dallas doing this.. they like Centers who can rebound and block shots.. Amare doesn't do that.. He's too similiar to Dirk.

Amare in nowhere near Dirk. Dirk is a way better rebounder, scorer, 3 point shooter, free throw shooter, and defender. Only thing Amare does better than Dirk is dunk.

Iodine
12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Lol @ Amare being near Dirk at anything
Dirk= top 10 Pf all time and top 50 overall
amare has never been half the player that Dirk is

Iodine
12-02-2009, 08:47 PM
sick can i have some
only iif you like fried food

Duncan = Donkey
12-02-2009, 09:10 PM
i wont be sad if he leaves. dude doesnt hustle, rebound, or play D.
Phoenix wont win a championship if your franchise player dont do any of those things.

his best days are behind him

bigsams50
12-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Yea he never was a great rebounder, i think his average for the season is like 6.5 or something.

sofargone
12-02-2009, 09:29 PM
he looks like a ****ing baws with his beard and goggles

GREATNESS ONE
12-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Well his best shot at winning is Combo up with Wade or Bron.

fresh3def
12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
i thinkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk amare should go to the thunder. just saying thunder will be much better with a good center. i mean amare can play center hes a power forward but he can pass as a center.. sorta

JordansBulls
12-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Why couldn't he? He can win as the teams 2nd option for sure. Not sure about 1st option or best player.

dodie53
12-03-2009, 10:53 PM
just play some D and rebound Amare.
pls.