PDA

View Full Version : How Bad is the Atlantic Division??

ManRam
12-01-2009, 12:21 PM
This might be the worst division ever since the inception of 6 divisions in 2004-2005. The Raptors, 76ers, Knicks and Nets have lost 32 straight games. That seems epically bad, and probably incomparable. Besides Boston, obviously, this conference is a joke. Right now, only Boston would get into the playoffs if the season ended. Does anyone think more than one team gets in, and does anybody know of a time in the last 6 years where there has been such a futile division?

32 straight losses for the bottom 4 teams...that's scary.

mser58
12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Yea, this has been reprehensible.

Epitomy of stereotypical NBA game.

HoopsDrive
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Raps aren't as bad as their record suggests, tough schedule, 9 new players, etc. I think they go at least .500 or 38-44 wins range.

Agreed that the division is utterly pathetic though, with the exception of Cs.

Nets and Knicks marquee matchup though LOL

the life
12-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Raps aren't as bad as their record suggests, tough schedule, 9 new players, etc. I think they go at least .500 or 38-44 wins range.

Agreed that the division is utterly pathetic though, with the exception of Cs.

Nets and Knicks marquee matchup though LOL

Knicks and Nets will merge next year to accommodate BronBron :) These teams are both bad because they didn't want to spend any money last summer. Nets traded VC for peanuts. I don't even know how can you fire the head coach of a team like Nets. I believed they had a plan to wait and suffer before they sign Bron Wade Bosh and some other studs. I guess they needed somebody to blame for this year disaster.

CityofTreez
12-01-2009, 01:17 PM
pretty bad

Slimsim
12-01-2009, 01:35 PM

td0tsfinest
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
considering that the Raptors are only 4 games below .500 and the east not being exceptionally strong after the top 4, they could make the playoffs.

The knicks and the nets are absolutely horrible.

The last time a division only had one representative in the playoffs was back in the 05-06 season with the Nets and Nuggets (both finishing 3rd, though the nuggets' record tied the 8th seeded kings) being the only teams from their division to make the playoffs.

Iodine
12-01-2009, 02:36 PM
pretty bad

Your insight is amazing

If any of the bottom four signed AJ Abrams they would win the rest of their games

sofargone
12-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Your insight is amazing

If any of the bottom four signed AJ Abrams they would win the rest of their games
it might take for than AJ Abrams for the nets to win all of their games, but if that deal happens i see them as a team that can win anywhere between 45-49 games

the atlantic division is bad, really bad

Iodine
12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
AJ Abrams would be the first person to lead the league in scoring, arrests for underage seckz, Time spent ****ing people up, kill to death ratio, touchdowns, home runs, and platinum albums

sofargone
12-01-2009, 03:17 PM
AJ Abrams would be the first person to lead the league in scoring, arrests for underage seckz, Time spent ****ing people up, kill to death ratio, touchdowns, home runs, and platinum albums

i dont know about kill to death ratio but i think he should have all the other criteria for MVP locked up

J4KOP99
12-01-2009, 03:18 PM
That division is pathetic. If I were the Celtics I would let guys like Garnett, Allen and Rasheed sit out a few weeks here and there so they can be rested up for the playoffs.

I thought the Raptors would be better than this.

sofargone
12-01-2009, 03:19 PM
That division is pathetic. If I were the Celtics I would let guys like Garnett, Allen and Rasheed sit out a few weeks here and there so they can be rested up for the playoffs.

I thought the Raptors would be better than this.
theyll turn it around imo but they wont be as good as everyone thought i spy anywhere between 39-44 wins...

J4KOP99
12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
theyll turn it around imo but they wont be as good as everyone thought i spy anywhere between 39-44 wins...

The Raptors have too much talent to end up 39-44.

No way Bosh stays if that is the case and I would be surprised if any big name would want to go to Toronto.

Jay_Dub
12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I remember a few years back the division was just as bad and maybe even worse. The celtics were still **** ... The Raps won the division with 47wins and nets were close behind. But othere than that the division was terrible. At lease this year there is a legit contender in the celts.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
The Knicks and the Nets better hope 2010 is good to them...

HoopsDrive
12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Knicks and Nets will merge next year to accommodate BronBron :) These teams are both bad because they didn't want to spend any money last summer. Nets traded VC for peanuts. I don't even know how can you fire the head coach of a team like Nets. I believed they had a plan to wait and suffer before they sign Bron Wade Bosh and some other studs. I guess they needed somebody to blame for this year disaster.

If I were Frank I'd be happy I was fired from the team in this situation...

You don't want the record for worst start for an NBA season and possibly the longest losing streak in the NBA to taint your resume, that's for sure.

Halladay
12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
The Raptors have too much talent to end up 39-44.

No way Bosh stays if that is the case and I would be surprised if any big name would want to go to Toronto.

I believe they said the Raptors had the toughest schedule to start the season in the entire league so I'll give the boys the benefit of the doubt for now. They are too talented to simply be hovering around .500 in an awful division.

smith&wesson
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
raps will make the play offs.

boston
toronto
phili
new york
jersey

2 teams out of the five will make playoffs, thats not soo bad.

also i think new jersey and new york are going to land some big free agents in the offseason. if new jersey adds a superstar to the core of harris, lea, lopez they can be a dangerous team next season.

pebloemer
12-01-2009, 05:20 PM
It is too early to tell. The strength of the schedule for Toronto and Philadelphia has been brutal to start the season. Boston is playing great. NJ was supposed to be bad and NY should be a bit better, but they weren't supposed to be great either. I don't think it compares to the 06-07 Atlantic Division.

The stat about 32 straight games is vastly misleading as NJN own 17 of those. But I'm sure I could take the largest losing streaks of different teams over the course of a season and add them together to be close to that number. It is a coincidence that Philladelphia and New York are struggling at the same time that NJ is going off on a massive losing streak. Philadelphia has too much talent not to pick it up as the schedule lightens and New York's losing streak of 5 isn't anything to write home about. Toronto's 3 game losing streak is nothing out of the ordinary either. It just looks bad because how badly the Nets have been.

Ty Fast
12-01-2009, 05:33 PM
and boston gets to play each team 6 times and that is why they will host every series they play in

TheWatcher34
12-01-2009, 05:35 PM

:d

azkarraga
12-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Funny, somebody just opened a thread about how talented is the league this year

Raps18-19 Champ
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
The Raptors will make the playoffs. All their losses but 2 was to +.500 teams. And most were to Western conference teams.

They face the Nets, Sixers and Knicks 12 times this year. That's at least 8-10 wins right there.

azkarraga
12-01-2009, 05:43 PM
And yes, it's been a bad division so far

Raps18-19 Champ
12-01-2009, 06:07 PM
The Raptors will pick it up after their schedule eases and the 76ers will get it going after signing AI.

mser58
12-01-2009, 06:12 PM
now that AI is back this division is changing

Samz
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
The nets and knicks want that #1 draft pick aka bron, bosh and j. wall to the knicks. Thats the main reason they didnt want to get better during the offseason w/ any pick ups.

CityofTreez
12-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Your insight is amazing

Anytime Champ :D

Ty Fast
12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
dosn't utah have the knicks 1st round pick?

Raph12
12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Remove Boston and they are the worst division in NBA history... again.

_KB24_
12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
The Raptors have been such a disappointing team, it is not even funny anymore. They are lucky to have such a loyal fan base, otherwise, they don't even deserve to have a team. They have had good playoff-caliber teams in the past but always find a way to **** up. And its sad because they have one of the best GMs in the NBA today. Bosh will most likely leave and I don't see any superstar leaving for north of the border to play for them. Got to count on the draft.

heyman321
12-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh god they just lost to the Wizards. THE WIZARDS!!!

ManRam
12-01-2009, 10:59 PM
People really think AI is going turn Philly from a terrible team to a good team? I don't buy it.

jetsfan89
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
the knicks blew out the suns :shrug:

_KB24_
12-01-2009, 11:14 PM
People really think AI is going turn Philly from a terrible team to a good team? I don't buy it.

PG: Iverson/Williams
SG: Iggy
SF: Young
PF: Brand
C: Dalembert

IMO, there better than the Raps, Bobcats, Pacers, Bulls, and even the Wizards.

They would be on par with the Heat and a step below the Hawks.

FlakeyFool
12-01-2009, 11:16 PM
The Raptors have been such a disappointing team, it is not even funny anymore. They are lucky to have such a loyal fan base, otherwise, they don't even deserve to have a team. They have had good playoff-caliber teams in the past but always find a way to **** up. And its sad because they have one of the best GMs in the NBA today. Bosh will most likely leave and I don't see any superstar leaving for north of the border to play for them. Got to count on the draft.

we should of hired an EXPERIENCED coach instead of a rookie .

xabial
12-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Knicks just blew out the suns and the 1st team to hold the suns under 100 Points
99-126 F

ManRam
12-01-2009, 11:43 PM
PG: Iverson/Williams
SG: Iggy
SF: Young
PF: Brand
C: Dalembert

IMO, there better than the Raps, Bobcats, Pacers, Bulls, and even the Wizards.

They would be on par with the Heat and a step below the Hawks.

I don't think Iverson will really be that huge of an upgrade over Luis Williams. Similar players. Lou was having a great year...shooting almost 50%. You know Iverson is going to be closer to 40%. He'll make them better...but not winning record better. I certainly don't think them getting him is "division changing".

Duncan = Donkey
12-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Knicks just blew out the suns and the 1st team to hold the suns under 100 Points
99-126 F

yer phoenix played like crap tonight

HoopsDrive
12-01-2009, 11:57 PM
All Duhon man, all Duhon.

But in all seriousness... Gallo played great that game, 6 treys not bad.

_KB24_
12-02-2009, 12:29 AM
I don't think Iverson will really be that huge of an upgrade over Luis Williams. Similar players. Lou was having a great year...shooting almost 50%. You know Iverson is going to be closer to 40%. He'll make them better...but not winning record better. I certainly don't think them getting him is "division changing".

Well it would be "division changing" considering how bad the the division is right now. The Sixers IMO would sneak in for a playoff seed but would get destroyed by any of the Top 4 teams. All I am looking forward to is for AI to return to the Philly and hopefully retire as a Sixer with a proper ceremony.

arkanian215
12-02-2009, 01:14 AM
i think the nets had aj on their summer team along with jeff adrien who btw has both acls and has almost the same body as dejuan blair just less offensive polish and weight. neither of them made it.