PDA

View Full Version : outsiders opinion of monta ellis..numbers from past 5 games

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 05:14 AM
monta ellis is playing out of his mind right now..in his past 5 games he is getting to the rim at will and scoring at will. he's finally stepping up what was once his porous defense and he's really coming into his own carrying the team ever since stephen jackson's departure. since jackson's departure the warriors have gone 3-3 despite a depleted roster and an extremely tough schedule...during these past 6 games the warriors have played against the likes of dallas, san antonio, boston, portland, la lakers, and indiana. here are monta numbers in his last 5 games.

33ppg 5.4apg 4rpg 3.8stl .524fg% .826ft%

so tell me? can you see monta continuing this streak and becoming an all star caliber player. leading a team to the playoffs (eventually)? even the biggest blazer fans will tell you that monta flat out embarrassed brandon roy in their recent matchup...obviously monta is not at roy's level yet, but could he be consistently...

im curious to see what an outsiders opinion is of monta ellis...

ZebraCity916
12-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Ellis played really good tonight. I can see him playing really well the rest of the year now that Jackson was traded away.

I don't think he can average the numbers that he has the past 5 games but I can definitely see his PPG rising.

Jamiecballer
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I'd forfeit a testicle to get him on my Raps. So yes, I think he is a definite star in this league.

dwadefan03
12-01-2009, 10:36 AM
he had all those points but did you see his turnovers? theyre ridiculous. i think he needs to get those down if hes going to compete with brandan roy, deron william, chris paul, and kobe bryant in the west.

olrales
12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
He's quick, he's good, he can drive and he can score...the only question you might have is: Can he defend? When you want to lead your team to the playoffs, you can't only trade buckets...you need to make stops...that's the difference between Ellis and allstars like Kobe or Roy.

Double_R
12-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Guard is a hard position to be an allstar in the west, however he is balling, minus the 11 TO game, that could be a problem... He is definitely fun to watch, he gets in the paint and finishes with the best of them

detroit buckets
12-01-2009, 11:14 AM
He's a great scorer. I just don't know if he's anything more than that. In those last 5 games, he's averaging over 25 shot attempts and 6 turnovers. And of course he's not a good defender. That might work with Nellie ball, but I'm not a big fan.

HoopsDrive
12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
His TO are definitely too high but that's what happens when you're playing in such a high uptempo offense and you're the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th option in your team.

Sly Guy
12-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I would assume some of those TOs are in part due to the style of play his team is playing.

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 12:38 PM
He's a great scorer. I just don't know if he's anything more than that. In those last 5 games, he's averaging over 25 shot attempts and 6 turnovers. And of course he's not a good defender. That might work with Nellie ball, but I'm not a big fan.

he's taking 25 shots a game but he's making 13 shots a game.

if he's shooting above 50%, especially for a guard which is very uncommon then he can take all the shots he wants... its not how many shots you take that is detrimental to the team, its when you're taking a ton of shots but not making half of them, like say, al harrington or allen iverson...thats when it becomes detrimental..

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 12:41 PM
he definitely needs to work on his turnovers, he has a problem with giving up unforced errors. silly mistakes where he's just not taking care of the ball like he should be, probably due to fatigue or something.

and also his defense has improved a lot this season...i know steals don't even come close to telling the whole story on defense. but when you're getting over 3 steals a game you have to be pestering the hell out of the opposing players. and in recent matchups he has shutdown roy, and done a decent job on kobe as well as granger

Gibby23
12-01-2009, 12:48 PM
he definitely needs to work on his turnovers, he has a problem with giving up unforced errors. silly mistakes where he's just not taking care of the ball like he should be, probably due to fatigue or something.

and also his defense has improved a lot this season...i know steals don't even come close to telling the whole story on defense. but when you're getting over 3 steals a game you have to be pestering the hell out of the opposing players. and in recent matchups he has shutdown roy, and done a decent job on kobe as well as granger

Kobe had 20 and the Lakers were up like 15 to 20 the whole game and won by 33.

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Kobe had 20 and the Lakers were up like 15 to 20 the whole game and won by 33.

kobe didn't play his usual game....thats a fact...don't get all butthurt about it....monta did a decent job on kobe...i watched the game and the one play i remember specifically was when monta was guarding kobe and kobe tried to back him down, took a fadeaway jumper, monta got a piece of it, and it was an airball...

my point being monta has shown flashes of being able to play excellent defense...

and it was a 10 point game at half.

Mell413
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
From the few games I've seen Monta looks like a good defender. They had him on Granger for a while last night.

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
From the few games I've seen Monta looks like a good defender. They had him on Granger for a while last night.

good observation, he's been guarding the other teams best guard all season now. Keith Smart the warriors assistant coach, who has been the head coach for the past few games said ellis has been going up to him before games and telling him that he wants to guard kobe, roy, granger etc...

shows that he is trying to expand his game....

GoatMilk
12-01-2009, 01:16 PM
he had all those points but did you see his turnovers? theyre ridiculous. i think he needs to get those down if hes going to compete with brandan roy, deron william, chris paul, and kobe bryant in the west.

he has the ball the most and plays PG

he's averaging as many TO's this season as Steve Nash, LeBron James, and Deron Williams

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-01-2009, 01:24 PM
ellis is averaging 5.3 assists and 4.0 turnovers lol

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 01:34 PM
ellis is averaging 5.3 assists and 4.0 turnovers lol

yeah he needs to work on the turnovers. but he also single handedly causes 3turno's a game through steals...so i feel like in that way he somewhat makes up for some of the careless errors he makes...

i don't see you pointing out the fact that arenas, lebron, nash or deron williams avg the same amount of turno's

AddiX
12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Watching him is impressive, I'm really surprised by how strong he is when he goes to the hoop.

I don't think he will ever be a winning ball player though. Hes got tons of talent but I just dont see him playing winning ball. Reminds me of Marbury A LOT.

But I did scratch my head when GS drafted Curry, it was pretty clear to me that Monta was having none of that.

aWiLL 20
12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
he's a VERY talented scorer. he gets to the rim with ease....if he lowers the turnovers, keeps don nelson away from the team, and steps up on D. This kid could easily be a top player in the league

ChiSox219
12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Keep Monta, I want Anthony Morrow :drool:

montazingmvp
12-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Keep Monta, I want Anthony Morrow :drool:

anthony morrow is a pretty talented player himself...im very confident that he is destined to win a few 3pt competitions