PDA

View Full Version : Jeter, Youkilis on steroids?

Gibby
11-29-2009, 07:05 PM
i don't know for sure if they are but just wanted other fans opinion.

if your going to close this, you have to close the other thread.

thomass
11-29-2009, 07:06 PM
not the same sport, but someone tell me how dwight howard is not on steroids.... jesus

infernoscurse
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
i dont know how by stats you could come to conclusion on if a player is or has done steroids, you could take upon stats and the body changes, if that were the case jeter and youk have mostly always looked the same and hit the same so either they are clean or they have done it their whole careers

swagga81
11-29-2009, 07:18 PM
i don't know for sure if they are but just wanted other fans opinion.

if your going to close this, you have to close the other thread.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Ian.
11-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Not a serious thread. It's obvious this dude's got an issue with the Pujols thread.

Don't feed the troll.

Gibby
11-29-2009, 07:30 PM
i dont know how by stats you could come to conclusion on if a player is or has done steroids, you could take upon stats and the body changes, if that were the case jeter and youk have mostly always looked the same and hit the same so either they are clean or they have done it their whole careers

derek jeters power numbers have declined slighty from early in his career. i am not accusing anyone, just asking others opinion.

Robbw241
11-29-2009, 07:30 PM
They both definitely are. So was Rey Ordonez. He just had way too much power.

flea
11-29-2009, 07:33 PM
All players who played anytime from 1990-2005 did steroids. Except John Rocker, because he was principled and clean.

MooseWithFleas
11-29-2009, 07:35 PM
All players who played anytime from 1880-2005 did steroids. Except John Rocker, because he was principled and clean.

Fixed!

Gibby
11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Not a serious thread. It's obvious this dude's got an issue with the Pujols thread.

Don't feed the troll.

whats the difference between what op of that thread said and what i said.

MooseWithFleas
11-29-2009, 07:45 PM
You made it in response to his thread. Let the mods do their job and lock the thread if they deem it necessary. I would go out on a limb and say that the mods don't want you to make a thread in response, though they haven't locked it yet! So maybe I am wrong.

MalkinIsMagic
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
So I think we're all in agreement that Albert Pujols is on steroids?

Ian.
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM

I think we're in agreement that this is a washed up topic.

MalkinIsMagic
11-29-2009, 08:07 PM
I think we're in agreement that this is a washed up topic.

Steroids it is.

mysteryman463
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Jeter and Youk are two of the players in MLB that without a doubt are not juicing!!!!I hate the yanks but Jeter is all class, and Youk is the same! Plus they are testing like crzy anymore!

NYYankeesWin#27
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
:facepalm:

Rylinkus
11-29-2009, 08:13 PM

My opinion is that anyone who thinks they can determine who has done steroids based on body type, stats declining, not declining, or anything other than a test is delusional.

The facts are pretty simple in my mind.
- Steroids have been around for years and many MLB players have had the opportunity to partake.
- And aside from failed tests, it's all conjecture by the fans, akin to McCarthyism.
- And sadly, every player in this time frame will be subject to scrutiny.

fanofclendennon
11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
My opinion? Pujols did roids.

What, wrong thread?

fanofclendennon
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
My opinion is that anyone who thinks they can determine who has done steroids based on body type, stats declining, not declining, or anything other than a test is delusional.

The facts are pretty simple in my mind.
- Steroids have been around for years and many MLB players have had the opportunity to partake.
- And aside from failed tests, it's all conjecture by the fans, akin to McCarthyism. - And sadly, every player in this time frame will be subject to scrutiny.

Nothng could be further from the truth. The players brought on all this suspicion themselves because for years, they fought every suggestion of drug testing as the innocent players did their best to protect their guilty teammates. This was a well orchestrated cover-up that cost the players the fans' trust.

McCarthyism was an out-and-out witchhunt devoid of any evidence whatsoever.

thomass
11-29-2009, 08:19 PM
it doesnt feel like baseball is the same game anymore.... maybe the roids have something to do with it

runnermjr1296
11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
slow sports day huh?

Rylinkus
11-29-2009, 08:23 PM
McCarthyism was an out-and-out witchhunt devoid of any evidence whatsoever.

Yet there's no real evidence that Pujols did roids, aside from he's REALLY good and large and a bunch of guys in this era did steroids. I don't doubt he did them as I think most people did. But with no evidence it's nothing more than blind accusations at this point.

Brew Crew
11-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Sorry, I know the PSD rule is (and should be) if you don't like the thread, don't post in it but this **** is so annoying. First of all, why does there have to be a constant flow of "Player X takes steroids?" threads and second of all why is it always either a Yankee or Red Sox player that is in question for steroid use (with the occasional Pujols or Hanley Ramirez)....

infernoscurse
11-29-2009, 08:28 PM
ill start a prince fielder one later

thomass
11-29-2009, 08:28 PM
http://grg51.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c61ab53ef011279749eb628a4-pi... here we go.. what you think?

fanofclendennon
11-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Yet there's no real evidence that Pujols did roids, aside from he's REALLY good and large and a bunch of guys in this era did steroids. I don't doubt he did them as I think most people did. But with no evidence it's nothing more than blind accusations at this point.

No, but if the players back in the day did a better job of policing themselves, we wouldn't be asking the question.

Don't forget for years there was no evidence about Big Papi, Manny, Arod, Palmiero, etc. either. In light of those revelations, you can hardly blame fans for wondering when or if the shoe will drop on Pujols, no?

Rylinkus
11-29-2009, 08:37 PM
No, but if the players back in the day did a better job of policing themselves, we wouldn't be asking the question.

Don't forget for years there was no evidence about Big Papi, Manny, Arod, Palmiero, etc. either. In light of those revelations, you can hardly blame fans for wondering when or if the shoe will drop on Pujols, no?

But then we're merely presuming Pujols did something wrong based on the actions of other players.

homestarunner93
11-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Jeter and Youk are two of the players in MLB that without a doubt are not juicing!!!!I hate the yanks but Jeter is all class, and Youk is the same! Plus they are testing like crzy anymore!

Makes sense.

davg31
11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
Not a chance. I'm a Yanks fan and I don't think Youk is on roids. Jeter certainly isn't. And how would they get through the tests unnoticed? This is stupid.

Rylinkus
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Not a chance. I'm a Yanks fan and I don't think Youk is on roids. Jeter certainly isn't. And how would they get through the tests unnoticed? This is stupid.

Guys do it all the time :shrug:

fanofclendennon
11-29-2009, 08:47 PM
But then we're merely presuming Pujols did something wrong based on the actions of other players.

Which is why Pujols and all his other presumably innocent fellow baseball players needed to be a lot more proactive in outing their guilty teammates and opponents when they had the chance.

Instead players like Pujols chose to orchestrate a cover-up. His own actions (or inactions) cost him his own reputation. Perhaps he should have thought of that before deciding to march lock-step with his player's association.

The fact is, players on PEDs were driving up salaries for everyone, even the non users. The innocent stood to make more money by allowing their brethren to cheat.

That's why Pujols and any other presumably innocent baseball player has no one to blame but himself for his tainted reputation. It was the price they paid for their silence.

Red_Sox_89
11-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Better throw David Ecstein and Juan Pierre in the mix too.

jimm120
11-29-2009, 08:59 PM
: ) thread

Honestly, that Pujols thread is ********....

infernoscurse
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Which is why Pujols and all his other presumably innocent fellow baseball players needed to be a lot more proactive in outing their guilty teammates and opponents when they had the chance.

Instead players like Pujols chose to orchestrate a cover-up. His own actions (or inactions) cost him his own reputation. Perhaps he should have thought of that before deciding to march lock-step with his player's association.

The fact is, players on PEDs were driving up salaries for everyone, even the non users. The innocent stood to make more money by allowing their brethren to cheat.

That's why Pujols and any other presumably innocent baseball player has no one to blame but himself for his tainted reputation. It was the price they paid for their silence.

:clap::clap::clap:

ManRam
11-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Witch-hunt!!

Jimmy Shine
11-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Congrats to the OP. You actually managed to turn the guy who started the Pujols thread into a sympathetic figure.

Rogi10
11-29-2009, 10:10 PM
http://grg51.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c61ab53ef011279749eb628a4-pi... here we go.. what you think?

Yes, he is big. However, and this is a life lesson for you. NEVER EVER take a magazine cover (especially one based on male fitness) as a true idea of a persons physique.

Magazine covers are fixed in such great detail that they manipulate how people look, e.g bigger physique. Just look at this

http://cdn3.ioffer.com/img/item/105/263/413/o_UkniFRvxcF1IfC7.jpg

VS

http://fresnobeehive.com/archives/upload/2007/07/kirsten-dunst-groucho-candids-00.jpg

Now, are you going to tell me that magazine covers are a good way to test for steroids??

sofargone
11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
i do steroids its no biggie. they make your nuts bigger and more muscular if anything so dont believe the rumours.

donnie23
11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Isn't it pronounced Poo Juice?

knickerbockerny
11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
"Come on Son"!!!

blacknell
11-29-2009, 10:54 PM
no

lilboytwister99
11-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Are you ****ing serious? Jeter and Youkilis on roids? First Pujols, then them?

Gimme a break....... seriously.

infernoscurse
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gibby
11-29-2009, 11:52 PM
first of all, i am not trying to hate Youk or Jeter. As some posters have mentioned steroid use does not always show up body size or declining stats. steroid users don't always get caught on tests.

so we can speculate about any player. what is point of starting a thread on if some players they think used steroids. Posters aren't going provide facts to prove their argument, its all opinion.

Is this needed on this forum? if this is allowed, anyone can start a thread and start speculating about crap.

infernoscurse
11-29-2009, 11:56 PM
because they can,the same way you were allowed to make a thread complaining about that thread :D

Gibby
11-29-2009, 11:56 PM

i really like your wording, don't you mean almost every player in the mlb.

infernoscurse
11-29-2009, 11:57 PM
maybe the OP from that thread is albert pujols and wanted to see the criteria and perception people have of him :D

Gibby
11-29-2009, 11:58 PM
because they can,the same way you were allowed to make a thread complaining about that thread :D

which i am surprised is allowed. i thought it would have been closed.

DewsSox79
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
wow, another roid thread. if both threads arent closed, this will open up for just these dumb random threads on specific players. whats the next one going to be? juan pierre,dewayne wise, ryan theriot? i mean serously this is just dumb.

nickster16301
11-30-2009, 12:14 AM
i bet jeter does hgh

DodgersFanFor23
11-30-2009, 12:21 AM
I bet Rollins does steroids.
He's way too big.

DewsSox79
11-30-2009, 12:22 AM
craig counsell does roids for sure! :)

Zmaster52
11-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Jeter and his stupid inside out swing homeruns barely clear that bandbox wall... Hes not on steroids for sure

Gibby
11-30-2009, 12:36 AM
^^ if Gregg Zaun can be a steroid user, anyone can be a steroid user. they don't need to be big power hitters.

infernoscurse
11-30-2009, 12:38 AM
people think steroids makes you homerun hitters, if you are not a homer run hitting guy you wont hit homers with or without steroids, just look at the complete list of guys on steroids, alot of no names

fanofclendennon
11-30-2009, 01:09 AM
i really like your wording, don't you mean almost every player in the mlb.

Yes, good edit.

trifive67
11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
I am the biggest Jeter hater in America. I think he is overrated, gets awards he shouldnt, and his stats are inflated due All Star caliber lineups the Yankees purchase each year.

However, I will be the first to say that he is NOT a steriod user, a cheater, or anything of the sort. He handles the New York media brilliantly, plays hard every night, and precisely keeps himself away from controversial situations.

I have no opinion on Youk, but at this point, I believe that only guys like Manny are dumb enough to use steriods now that penalties are being enforced. I would give any player the benefit of the doubt.

While we're at it, I would bet my house that Pujols does NOT use steriods either. He is a stand up, Tim Tebow-type Christian, with loads of integrity. Pujols most definitely makes a far greater impact off the field than on. If he were caught cheating, everything he stands for would fade, and his voice would no longer mean anything. Certainly Pujols realizes this, and the use of steriods to inflate a few stats are in no way worth the risk.

YankeeFan28
11-30-2009, 06:50 AM
This thread is closed because I'm a Yankees fan.

Seriously, if you're going to create a thread because of another thread because of some faulty logic, then it will be closed.

If you do not like a thread, do not post in it. Do not create one out of spite.