PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Rivalries in the NBA currently (Player Rivalries and/or Team Rivalries)

JordansBulls
11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
What are the top 5 Rivalries in the NBA currently (Player Rivalries and/or Team Rivalries)?

Raph12
11-28-2009, 04:28 PM
1. Kobe Bryant vs Lebron James
2. Los Angeles Lakers vs Boston Celtics
3. Cleveland Cavaliers vs Orlando Magic
4. Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic
5. Chris Paul vs Deron Williams

ko8e24
11-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Kobe Bryant vs The Rest of the NBA World

From 1996 and on...

ManRam
11-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Celtics/Lakers
Kobe/LeBron
Mavs/Spurs
Magic/Cavs????

My brain is struggling to find more...now, if we are talking 80s and 90s then I could go on forever.

VCaintdead17
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
A few years ago it would have been Suns/Spurs. Their battles were classic. Now I think it's Celtics/Lakers, Lebron/Kobe, CP3 vs Williams. Heat/Bulls. I think in the future there will be a Thunder/Blazers rivalry and a Jennings/Rose or Harris/Rose rivalry.

mrblisterdundee
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Team Rivalries:

1. Lakers and Celtics
2. Cavaliers and Magic
3. Lakers and Nuggets
4. Magic and Cavaliers
5. Celtics and Atlanta

Player Rivalries:

1. Kobe Bryant and LeBron James
2. LeBron James and Dwayne Wade
3. Shaquille O'Neal and Dwight Howard
4. Paul Pierce and Al Horford
5. Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo

Raps18-19 Champ
11-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Celtics vs Lakers(History)

rapswin98
11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Lakers vs Celtics

Kobe Bryant vs Lebron James
Chris Paul vs Deron Williams

UofA
11-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Team Rivalries:

1. Lakers and Celtics
2. Cavaliers and Magic
3. Lakers and Nuggets
4. Magic and Cavaliers
5. Celtics and Atlanta

Player Rivalries:

???

still1ballin
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Mark Blount and Mike James

GoatMilk
11-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Nuggets/Lakers is always a great game

bigsams50
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Not really any rivalries, hopefully Paul vs Deron can become a good one

JordansBulls
11-28-2009, 09:11 PM
???

Just caught that as well.

Sox72
11-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Kobe Bryant vs The Rest of the NBA World

From 1996 and on...

Hmmm. I guess ignoring the fact that MJ was still in the NBA at that time....

prash
11-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Houston vs. Utah
Vince Carter vs. Toronto
Celtics vs. Lakers
Kobe vs. LeBron vs. Wade
Olajouwon vs. Shaq

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Mark Blount and Mike James

Damn that's a matchup i would love to see

lakerboy
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
How can everybody forget Vince Carter vs Toronto Raptors?

tennisoscar1
11-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Lakers Vs Sixers

Crazy when Kobe comes to philly. He gets shat on like no other.

runforrestrunx9
11-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Team Rivalries:

1. Lakers and Celtics
2. Cavaliers and Magic
3. Lakers and Nuggets
4. Magic and Cavaliers
5. Celtics and Atlanta

Player Rivalries:

haha

runforrestrunx9
11-28-2009, 10:36 PM
AI vs Shaq- that was fun 2 watch

Wilson
11-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Lakers Vs Sixers

Crazy when Kobe comes to philly. He gets shat on like no other.

Yeah, Philly does not like Kobe.

Anyway, obviously for me the biggest rivalry is Lakers/Celtics.

I really don't see Kobe vs. LeBron as a rivalry. It's something the media likes to have fun with, but they've really never competed in any meaningful games.

With last season's Western Conference Finals and the first Lakers/Nuggets game this season, it's looking like that can become a pretty interesting rivalry.

topdog
11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Brandon Roy vs. Timberwolves

HoopsDrive
11-28-2009, 10:57 PM
VC vs TO? He goes crazy most of the time he comes north of the border... wish every road arena would boo him like that so he could keep the amazing play up.

There was a time Lakers vs Suns was a pretty hot matchup... but then they got Pau and the rest was history.

Cavaliers and Magic, now that Shaq is with the Cavs, that's a pretty damn good matchup.

For player matchups, obviously LBJ vs Kobe is noteworthy.

My personal favorite though? Knicks and Bobcats. Marquee PG duel with Duhon and Felton right there.

topdog
11-28-2009, 10:58 PM
...also, Eddy Curry vs. gravity and Ron Artest vs. sanity (or just versus Ariza)

VIP1349
11-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I'd definately have to say the Nuggets and Lakers have become a pretty big rivalry.

RaptorsFanatic
11-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Fans vs. Referees

Stunner
11-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Durant vs Kobe ?

Thunder vs Lakers

mavwar53
11-29-2009, 12:55 AM
what about cavs/wiz,

ever since the stevenson/LeBron argument there has been a lot of hype around their games.

LanceUpperCut
11-29-2009, 01:03 AM
Reggie Evans vs. Chris Kaman

VCaintdead17
11-29-2009, 01:05 AM
Antoine Walker vs Checks

Skins4Life
11-29-2009, 01:07 AM
Deshawn stevenson vs. the entire Cleveland nation... they absoultely hate him

bahama0811
11-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Nuggets vs. Lakers has the potential to turn into a great rivalry

_KB24_
11-29-2009, 01:35 AM
Lakers & Celtics
Williams & Paul
Kobe & Bron
Lakers & Nuggets
VC & Raptors Nation

JordansBulls
11-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Nuggets vs. Lakers has the potential to turn into a great rivalry

Denver has to win a series against them first.

d-baller23
11-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Magic vs Cavs because the whole Lebron I hate the Magic Thing
Magic vs Boston Pierce calling us poodles
Magic vs Toronto Bosh and Turkoglu always step up there game.
Magic vs Lakers That's who we want to face in the Finals this season.

VIP1349
11-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Don't feel that losing should determine a rivalry; would you not consider the Bulls/Jazz a good rivalry, despite the fact the Bulls won every time? Our games are always good ones, hell even in preseason our guys nearly came to blows. Don't think the fact that we are the underdogs and have yet to beat them should not mean our rivalry isn't good.

Iodine
11-29-2009, 03:27 AM
AJ Abrams vs CJ Watson

/thread

MTar786
11-29-2009, 03:41 AM
I'd definately have to say the Nuggets and Lakers have become a pretty big rivalry.

more so for the nuggets.. i dont think the lakers consider it a rivalry yet unless the nuggets pose a bigger threat. we've elimianted denver in the playoffs a lot.. n even last year they werent as close to eliminating us as people thought. i think if the lakers n nuggets meet in the playoffs again this season then it would start the rivaly.. and thats if denver takes us to 7games or beats us

MTar786
11-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Don't feel that losing should determine a rivalry; would you not consider the Bulls/Jazz a good rivalry, despite the fact the Bulls won every time? Our games are always good ones, hell even in preseason our guys nearly came to blows. Don't think the fact that we are the underdogs and have yet to beat them should not mean our rivalry isn't good.

and u are correct. i dont think u have to win a series to start a rivalry.. the kings never beat the lakers in a series n that was an AMAZING rivalry.. i think the games have to be very close atleast.. n u have to have that 'iduno if we can beat them' factor. And i dont think the lakers are really worried about denver as of yet

djeller1139
11-29-2009, 03:59 AM
2000's Lakers v.s. Kings - IMO those were some of the greatest series ever..

nipo10847
11-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Team Rivalries:

1. Lakers and Celtics
2. Cavaliers and Magic
3. Lakers and Nuggets
4. Magic and Cavaliers
5. Celtics and Atlanta

Player Rivalries:

4. Paul Pierce and Al Horford:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::fa cepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::fa cepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Quikdraw
11-29-2009, 04:58 AM
2000's Lakers v.s. Kings - IMO those were some of the greatest series ever..

This^^

Im surprised nobody else has mentioned this.

abe_froman
11-29-2009, 05:01 AM
This^^

Im surprised nobody else has mentioned this.

because in what shape or form is that a current rivalry

nipo10847
11-29-2009, 05:07 AM
WTF!!! How the **** they KOBE-LEBRON is a rivalry???????? They are among the top players in the world, but that doesn't mean they are ****ing rivalry. I can't really remember they put up a show together in a game. This crap is a creation of ****ing media. Lebron-Wade is a great rivalry because they have had so many games with remarkable performances together.

Kings Faithful
11-29-2009, 05:30 AM
because in what shape or form is that a current rivalry

It's definitely still a rivalry, despite what many Laker fans would tell you (like they are too good to be rivals with the Kings). It's not to the extent that it was in the early 2000's mainly because we haven't had a chance to meet them in the playoffs. If we get 8th seed this year and the Lakers get 1st... you better believe that its going to be INTENSE.

Kings Faithful
11-29-2009, 05:30 AM
Jason Thompson vs. The Referees

Kings Faithful
11-29-2009, 05:31 AM

That isn't true at all. The Kings never won a playoffs series against the Lakers but that was one of the greatest rivalries of all time.

Tom81
11-29-2009, 05:40 AM
spurs-suns
suns-lakers
lakers-celtics

_KB24_
11-29-2009, 05:43 AM
It's definitely still a rivalry, despite what many Laker fans would tell you (like they are too good to be rivals with the Kings). It's not to the extent that it was in the early 2000's mainly because we haven't had a chance to meet them in the playoffs. If we get 8th seed this year and the Lakers get 1st... you better believe that its going to be INTENSE.

That rivalry has been "RIP" for almost half a decade now.The Bobcats are bigger rivals than you guys are now. I use to love playing you guys back in the good ol' days. It really is sad to see what has happen to you guys, even though I hate every single cow-belling Kings fan. I still remember the COUNTLESS quotes Shaq made of the "Queens"......

1. "Sacramento is not the capital of California. LA is the capitol of California. CAN YOU DIG IT!

2. "I'm not worried about facing the "Queens". Write it down. Take a picture. Iím not going to talk about this all year.

3."There was never a rivalry, they never beat us when it matter."

The last one does make a point....

WadeCounty
11-29-2009, 06:01 AM
wtf!!! How the **** they kobe-lebron is a rivalry???????? They are among the top players in the world, but that doesn't mean they are ****ing rivalry. I can't really remember they put up a show together in a game. This crap is a creation of ****ing media. lebron-wade is a great rivalry because they have had so many games with remarkable performances together.

+1

JordansBulls
11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
That isn't true at all. The Kings never won a playoffs series against the Lakers but that was one of the greatest rivalries of all time.

I don't believe a series can be a rivalry if a team never has beaten another in a series unless it is in the finals or something.

prodigy
11-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Shaq vs Howard has to be #1. You have Howard stealing shaqs nicknames, Shaq calls him out a few times, That creepy small dude van gundy calls out shaq. Then in their only meeting this season one on one Howard had 1 point.

#1Mavericksfan
11-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Mavs vs. Spurs
Mark Cuban vs. NBA Leauge Office
Lakers vs. Celtics
Mavs vs. Suns

TheHoopsProphet
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Lakers Celtics
Cavs Magic
Blazers Nuggets
Spurs Mavs
Wizards Cavs

Kobe-Lebron
Shaq-Dwight
Wade-Lebron
Rajon-Paul
Paul-Deron

bahama0811
11-29-2009, 02:54 PM

Maybe you missed the part where I said it had the "potential" to become a great rivalry. And, you are wrong anyways!:rolleyes:

Wilson
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Shaq vs Howard has to be #1. You have Howard stealing shaqs nicknames, Shaq calls him out a few times, That creepy small dude van gundy calls out shaq. Then in their only meeting this season one on one Howard had 1 point.

I don't think a rivalry that has grown out of the use of the word 'Superman' can be considered #1 in the NBA.

Jurgen
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Blazers/Lakers used to be a great rivalry before the realignment..

now that the Blazers are back up in the Standings.. I think it'll be a great rivalry again moving forward..

Wilson
11-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Blazers/Lakers used to be a great rivalry before the realignment..

now that the Blazers are back up in the Standings.. I think it'll be a great rivalry again moving forward..

It's already on it's way. The Lakers really struggle up in Portland, and the crowd is always geared up for that game. I mean they have a great crowd regardless, but they seem to pick it up even more against the Lakers.

If we do meet the Blazers in the play-offs any time soon it will be intense.

abe_froman
11-29-2009, 04:12 PM

rivalries are only as good as who's involved.they have to be somewhat close to make it a rivalry(a good one) and there's nothing to be rivals over.one's at the top of the basketball world while the other is trying to claw its way back from the bottom.nothing to fight over and rivalry is just holding onto old memories

if you guys become good again or the lakers take a tumble,then ok.but not now.

ko8e24
11-29-2009, 04:18 PM
ya, now thinkin bout it, kobe-lebron isnt really a rivalry. there hasnt been a game where both were just flat out unbelievable.

Wilson
11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
On the Lakers/Kings rivalry, you could say that it's a rivalry for the Kings but not the Lakers. Right now the Lakers are the measuring stick for the Kings, they're trying to get to where we are so of course they're going to put more into games against us than against other teams.

It's the same situation the Lakers were in a few years ago with the Suns. They beat us in the first round twice and more in the regular season. Our goal was to get to where they were, so games against them meant more than other games at the time. It was a rivalry for us, but not for them (they had bigger problems to deal with).

Since we got Pau and they were struggling with Shaq, it's been more of a rivalry for them than us. Now though, with them leading the division, it should be a really could rivalry throughout the season for both teams.

500 Level
11-29-2009, 05:01 PM
How about the Toronto Raptors versus Vince Carter. No one gets booed harder than VC in Toronto.

jimbobjarree
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Houston hate us and that feeling has became mutual over the years, especialy in these forums.

Radio Rakeem
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Toronto vs. Magic

-Tracy McGrady signs with Orlando after leaving Toronto, creating a rivalry between former teammates (VC - TMac)
-Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh ongoing rivalry carried from 2008 playoffs.
-former Magic finals standout Hedo Turkoglu signs with the Raptors in the offseason.
-Recent acquisition of Vince Carter to the Magic gives Toronto Fans one more reason to view these teams as rivals

Radio Rakeem
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Toronto vs. Magic

-Tracy McGrady signs with Orlando after leaving Toronto, creating a rivalry between former teammates (VC - TMac)
-Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh ongoing rivalry carried from 2008 playoffs.
-former Magic finals standout Hedo Turkoglu signs with the Raptors in the offseason.
-Recent acquisition of Vince Carter to the Magic gives Toronto Fans one more reason to view these teams as rivals

Radio Rakeem
11-29-2009, 07:35 PM
sorry for the double post.

kinnikuman24
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
lakers portland they always beat us up there.

thephoenixson28
11-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Team Rivalries:

1. Lakers and Celtics
2. Cavaliers and Magic
3. Lakers and Nuggets
4. Magic and Cavaliers
5. Celtics and Atlanta

Player Rivalries:

5. Derrick Rose and Rajon Rondo You forgot orlando vs. cleveland and cleveland vs. orlando

JasonJohnHorn
11-29-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't know that there are as many great rivalries as there was, but here are my five fav rivalries of all time:

5. Spike Lee vs. Reggie Miller

Watchign Reggie in the playoffs was a real treat and against the Knicks it was even better. Spike Lee showed up to every game and so did Reggie. The Knicks had it hard for everybody in the east during the 90's, the Bulls, the Pacers, but it was those knicks series against the Pacers that made the playoffs worth watching and Reggie Miller was the one dropping the daggers while Spike Lee served as an even better cheerleader than Jack Nicholson!

4. Kobe vs. Jordan

Sometimes the most interesting rivalries are the ones that never happen. Players of today often play in the shadow of the legends and such is the case with Kobe Bryant. Every title he wins and every basket he scores is put under the mircoscope and then compared with his airness. We'll never get to see it happen but its still a game every fan would like to watch. Of course, the Kobe vs. Shaq fued right now is great to, though it has lost steam.

3. Russell vs. Chamberlain

this rivalry,for me, defines basketball. You had one guy (Chamberlain), who is, individually, the most dominating player to ever step foot on the court, a dominant offensive player and rebounder vs. a guy who focused on rebounds and defence and team play. Basketball is a team sport and while indivuals like Chamberlain in his time, and Iverson and Jordan and Kobe in their own time, dominate the league, each have to learn from Chamberlain and Russell's history: basketball is a team sport. So like Chamberlain had to hitch up with a team and play into a system with the Lakers (rather than have a system that works for him), guys like Jordan and Kobe have learned that they need a team around them to win and have come to give up personal stats to play for a winner.

2. Lakers vs. Celtics (80's)

This is probably the most famous rivalry and everybody else likely would have it as the biggest one of all time, (but my Detroit bias won't let me put it at the top). this rivalry really defined the NBA for a generation and these two teams feature some of the best talents the league has ever seen (Bird, Magic, Kareem). They met up in the finals so many times and were in video games together, appeared on the cover of SI and there really seemed to be an intense hatred between Magic and Bird and the history went back into college with those two. Though the Celtics had intense rivalries with both the Pistons and the 76ers in this era that were also worth mentioning and helped to make the playoffs fun to watch ever season.

1. Detroit Bad Boys vs. MJ & Da Bulls: I know this one isn't a big in the annals of NBA mythos as the Lakers/Celtics, but for me this was the most intense rivalry I've ever seen. For like two or three years the Bulls and the Pistons met up and every series went to 7 games with the Pistons taking them all, and the in 91 the Bulls swept the Pistons in four games. i remember going into game four the Pistons were just intent on winning one game and everybody promised: "this series is going back to Chicago" because the Pistons didn't want to lose the series on their own home court. But the Bulls destroyed them and there was such bad blood between the two teams that the Pistons walked off the court with time still left on the clock. It was pretty intense.

_KB24_
11-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Some of these rivalries we are listing are pathetic. They may have produced one good game and a shove or two, and are deeming it a rivalry. Man, how do we even look up to the 80's when talking about this junk :facepalm:

KB24PG16
11-29-2009, 11:47 PM
bobcats lakers
/thread

nipo10847
11-29-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't know that there are as many great rivalries as there was, but here are my five fav rivalries of all time:

5. Spike Lee vs. Reggie Miller

Watchign Reggie in the playoffs was a real treat and against the Knicks it was even better. Spike Lee showed up to every game and so did Reggie. The Knicks had it hard for everybody in the east during the 90's, the Bulls, the Pacers, but it was those knicks series against the Pacers that made the playoffs worth watching and Reggie Miller was the one dropping the daggers while Spike Lee served as an even better cheerleader than Jack Nicholson!

4. Kobe vs. Jordan :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::

Sometimes the most interesting rivalries are the ones that never happen. Players of today often play in the shadow of the legends and such is the case with Kobe Bryant. Every title he wins and every basket he scores is put under the mircoscope and then compared with his airness. We'll never get to see it happen but its still a game every fan would like to watch. Of course, the Kobe vs. Shaq fued right now is great to, though it has lost steam.

3. Russell vs. Chamberlain

this rivalry,for me, defines basketball. You had one guy (Chamberlain), who is, individually, the most dominating player to ever step foot on the court, a dominant offensive player and rebounder vs. a guy who focused on rebounds and defence and team play. Basketball is a team sport and while indivuals like Chamberlain in his time, and Iverson and Jordan and Kobe in their own time, dominate the league, each have to learn from Chamberlain and Russell's history: basketball is a team sport. So like Chamberlain had to hitch up with a team and play into a system with the Lakers (rather than have a system that works for him), guys like Jordan and Kobe have learned that they need a team around them to win and have come to give up personal stats to play for a winner.

2. Lakers vs. Celtics (80's)

This is probably the most famous rivalry and everybody else likely would have it as the biggest one of all time, (but my Detroit bias won't let me put it at the top). this rivalry really defined the NBA for a generation and these two teams feature some of the best talents the league has ever seen (Bird, Magic, Kareem). They met up in the finals so many times and were in video games together, appeared on the cover of SI and there really seemed to be an intense hatred between Magic and Bird and the history went back into college with those two. Though the Celtics had intense rivalries with both the Pistons and the 76ers in this era that were also worth mentioning and helped to make the playoffs fun to watch ever season.

1. Detroit Bad Boys vs. MJ & Da Bulls: I know this one isn't a big in the annals of NBA mythos as the Lakers/Celtics, but for me this was the most intense rivalry I've ever seen. For like two or three years the Bulls and the Pistons met up and every series went to 7 games with the Pistons taking them all, and the in 91 the Bulls swept the Pistons in four games. i remember going into game four the Pistons were just intent on winning one game and everybody promised: "this series is going back to Chicago" because the Pistons didn't want to lose the series on their own home court. But the Bulls destroyed them and there was such bad blood between the two teams that the Pistons walked off the court with time still left on the clock. It was pretty intense.

Super.
11-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Celtics - Lakers

and

Kobe - LeBron

are the only two i can think of

jim51990
11-30-2009, 12:55 AM
1. lebron/kobe
2. dwill/cp3
3. shaq/dwight
4. cp3/rondo
5. melo/anyone

king4day
11-30-2009, 01:10 AM
Bobcats / Hawks

City-wise, it's a pretty nice feud

Kings Faithful
11-30-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't believe a series can be a rivalry if a team never has beaten another in a series unless it is in the finals or something.

I dont get it? Do you not consider the 2000's Kings and Lakers a rivalry?

asmarks18
11-30-2009, 01:13 AM
Kobe/ LeBron
Celtics/ Lakers
Mavs/ Spurs
Mavs/ Hornets
Cavs/ Magic

Those are just my personal favorite rivalries. Theres about 8-10 others that are pretty good.

Kings Faithful
11-30-2009, 01:17 AM
That rivalry has been "RIP" for almost half a decade now.The Bobcats are bigger rivals than you guys are now. I use to love playing you guys back in the good ol' days. It really is sad to see what has happen to you guys, even though I hate every single cow-belling Kings fan. I still remember the COUNTLESS quotes Shaq made of the "Queens"......

1. "Sacramento is not the capital of California. LA is the capitol of California. CAN YOU DIG IT!

2. "I'm not worried about facing the "Queens". Write it down. Take a picture. Iím not going to talk about this all year.

3."There was never a rivalry, they never beat us when it matter."

The last one does make a point....

This is exactly what I'm talking about... if it wasn't a rivalry, and "never was" you wouldn't see stupid and ignorant replies on the topic like this one. The teams don't hate each other like they once did, but the fans are still going like its 2002. That alone makes it a rivalry for me.

_KB24_
11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about... if it wasn't a rivalry, and "never was" you wouldn't see stupid and ignorant replies on the topic like this one. The teams don't hate each other like they once did, but the fans are still going like its 2002. That alone makes it a rivalry for me.

Believe me, out here in LA, more people watch re-runs of Seinfield than Laker-Kings games nowadays..........Yeah you guys have gotten that bad........

uprightciti
11-30-2009, 01:49 AM
90's Knicks Vs. 90's Heat
Lebron Vs. DeShawn Stevenson
Magic Vs. Cavs
LA Vs. Boston
LA Vs. Cavs
Boston Vs. Cavs

ldc62
11-30-2009, 01:54 AM
Current:

Lakers and Celtics
VC and Toronto
Kobe and Lebron
Suns and Lakers (kinda died a bit)
Texas Triangle

OaklandsFinest
11-30-2009, 06:15 AM
I think Chris Paul vs. Rajon Rondo is a much better rivalry they genuinly don't like eachother and go hard at eachother.

BigEric
11-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Believe me, out here in LA, more people watch re-runs of Seinfield than Laker-Kings games nowadays..........Yeah you guys have gotten that bad........

Just wait my friend, just wait. You've gotta walk before you can run, and my Kings sure are walking.

todu82
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
1) Lebron/Kobe
2) Lakers/Celtics
3) Mavs/Spurs
4) Cavs/Magic
5) Magic/Heat

marques724
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I don't see how Kobe/Lebron thing is a real rivalry. There's no bad blood and they haven't played in a meaningful game yet. I think lakers/celtics or celtics/cavs or lakers/spurs are rivalries.

Wilson
11-30-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't see how Kobe/Lebron thing is a real rivalry. There's no bad blood and they haven't played in a meaningful game yet. I think lakers/celtics or celtics/cavs or lakers/spurs are rivalries.

I agree. Kobe/LeBron is something the media gets excited about, but they really never have shown any signs of really needing to beat one another like you get with rivalry games.

Raph12
11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I agree. Kobe/LeBron is something the media gets excited about, but they really never have shown any signs of really needing to beat one another like you get with rivalry games.

Yeah but they try their best to shutdown each other so neither get bragging rights.

JayH217
11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
How about:
Iverson Vs The Bench
Sheed Vs Rules
Pistons Vs Injuries
Magic Vs Fines

Seriously though, there dont seem to be many rivalries now, the best ones start from some sort of confrontation in a close game, but now theres just the classic "championship rematch", "conference championship" so currently its really just
Lakers V Celtics
Lakers V Denver
Lakers V Magic
Cavs V Magic
Kobe V Lebron forcing a Lakers V Cavs
now that i look at it its pretty much just lakers and cavs against everybody

JordansBulls
11-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Heat vs Hawks could be good as well. They both look like they could be the 4th and 5th seeds again this year.

Utah and Houston is a good one as well.

heathonater
11-30-2009, 09:40 PM
wow, there aren't any rivalries to get excited about in terms of teams. I mean there r some nice player matchups, but there is no bad blood between two teams that are at the top of their games.

Wilson
11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah but they try their best to shutdown each other so neither get bragging rights.

They'll play hard against each other, but there isn't really any bad blood there. I guess you could say it's a friendly rivalry, but I wouldn't put it anywhere close to Lakers/Celtics.

JordansBulls
11-30-2009, 09:47 PM
I dont get it? Do you not consider the 2000's Kings and Lakers a rivalry?

Only because it was the same state.