PDA

View Full Version : Tyreke Evans

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:16 AM
i feel that people are so enamoured with brandon jennings after his GREAT performance against the warriors and his follow up performance against the nuggests.........i think that a lot of people are already handing him the ROY.

No one is really talking to much about Tyreke Evans and you can call me what ever you want but i think that Tyreke is a better all around player then jennings. in 8 of the last 9 games tyreke has scored 20+ points averaged around 6 rebounds and 5 asts not to mention he is a nightmare for the other teams coach.

he poses problems that jennings doesnt and that is size and strenght. im sorry i just got tired of Jennings getting all the reconigition and Evans getting none. i think Jennings will be a great player too i just think tyreke will be better

Iodine
11-28-2009, 02:17 AM
I want Tyfreakofnature in me

/thread

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Gay :D

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 02:20 AM
But Tyreke is a great player, he doesnt have one sole position, but he can ball. His jumper isnt the best and he turns it over alot, but both of that can be worked on.
But with all that said... MARCUS THORTON 4 ROY! :D

what54!?
11-28-2009, 02:20 AM
idk who will be better but evans is the better all around player for now. I like his game

AI4MVP
11-28-2009, 02:21 AM
i agree that he shud be getting more credit then hes getting. my boy jennings has taken alot of the spotlight, but i think tyreke evans will also be star in this league

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 02:23 AM
i agree that he shud be getting more credit then hes getting. my boy jennings has taken alot of the spotlight, but i think tyreke evans will also be star in this league

That reminds me, that was a good game against you guys, Collison V Jenning rivalry anyone?

FOBolous
11-28-2009, 02:23 AM
he's having an amazing rookie season. too bad 1. he's playing for a small market team no1 pays attention to and 2. brendon jenning's historic rookie season is overshadowing him

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:25 AM
wow i was expecting some backlash from bucks fans but yea like i said before though i think jennings will be a great player in the league i just think tyreke will be right up there with him if not better

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 02:25 AM
still maintain he's more natural 2,better fit..but whatever

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:27 AM
he's having an amazing rookie season. too bad 1. he's playing for a small market team no1 pays attention to and 2. brendon jenning's historic rookie season is overshadowing him

idk if he is having a historic rookie season i know he had a historic night though but not season! and sacramento is a small market but milwaukee isnt THAT much bigger of a market

what54!?
11-28-2009, 02:28 AM
still think he's better/more natural as a 2
well until they do something with martin he's stuck at pg

Korman12
11-28-2009, 02:28 AM
After Jennings huge game against GSW he's slowed down a little. Teams are recognizing his play and he's a getting little more respect. Tyreke, however, has been on a solid pace scoring wise and has added a better than average rebounding ability for his position.

But right now, those two are owning the ROY conversation, no question.

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:29 AM
still maintain he's more natural 2,better fit..but whatever

idk i think if he keeps developing he could be a really good point guard i mean westbrook seems to be doing okay and he never played point ever in college

tyreke at least played some point in college

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 02:30 AM
well until they do something with martin he's stuck at pg

thats why they should trade,i know martin is well liked in sac and fans want both,as both are good.but martin could fetch a king's ransom and strengthen their weakness including a real pg and a very good one at that

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:30 AM
After Jennings huge game against GSW he's slowed down a little. Teams are recognizing his play and he's a getting little more respect. Tyreke, however, has been on a solid pace scoring wise and has added a better than average rebounding ability for his position.

But right now, those two are owning the ROY conversation, no question.

in your opinion who do u think will be better in 2-3 years?

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:32 AM
thats why they should trade,i know martin is well liked in sac and fans would want both but martin could bring in a really good haul and strengthen their weakness

everyone on the kings except tyreke is up for grabs on the kings wat do u think we could get for martin????

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 02:33 AM
idk i think if he keeps developing he could be a really good point guard i mean westbrook seems to be doing okay and he never played point ever in college

tyreke at least played some point in college

wade did to,just cuz you play it in college doesnt mean much.

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 02:34 AM
everyone on the kings except tyreke is up for grabs on the kings wat do u think we could get for martin????

he's young and good.depends on the team but you can do very well.maybe not superstar or anything but you probably could get a few good players and pick

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 02:36 AM
its funny u bring up dwade becuz that is exactly who come to mind when i think of how tyreke plays and i think that he could be the next dwade

Iodine
11-28-2009, 02:41 AM
"The potential is enormous," Kings assistant Pete Carril told the Memphis Commercial Appeal. "When you look at him, you say: 'Holy God.'"

Raph12
11-28-2009, 02:55 AM
Evans and Griffin will be runnerups, but ROY to Jennings if he can keep this up.

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 02:59 AM
Evans and Griffin will be runnerups, but ROY to Jennings if he can keep this up.

i like jennings a lot,but i dont think he can.he been nothing short of amazing in the first month but i can see the trade off being that he'll hit the rookie wall and come back to earth

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 03:00 AM
his ppg is grossly inflated because of his big 55 night if u look at his game log he has been pretty inconsistent and its funny ur already putting giffin up there has he even played yet

tyreke has been consistent all year jennings hasnt

BigEric
11-28-2009, 03:31 AM
Runs the offense- check
Sets others up- check
Brings the ball up court- check
Weakness is considered 3 pt jumpshot- (funny, you'd think a SG's strength would be 3pt)

Because he is 6'6" and scores naturally, he's not a PG. People. You don't watch Kings games like us Kings fans. When Beno is on the floor, Tyreke is the PG, Beno the off guard. He sets up the offense. Just because he can and does do more than a PG should do, he's a SG.

That being said, I think once Jennings numbers go, Tyreke will start to get some attention.

Raph12
11-28-2009, 03:41 AM
i like jennings a lot,but i dont think he can.he been nothing short of amazing in the first month but i can see the trade off being that he'll hit the rookie wall and come back to earth

I think it's very possible to keep up, not the 25+ppg on 57% 3pt shooting, but the fact that he's done well as the leader of that Bucks team.

With Redd's return and Bogut's health being a key in their success, I still see Jennings taking ROY home.

I think Brandon Jennings will ressurect Allen Iverson's legacy.

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 03:51 AM
I think it's very possible to keep up, not the 25+ppg on 57% 3pt shooting, but the fact that he's done well as the leader of that Bucks team.

With Redd's return and Bogut's health being a key in their success, I still see Jennings taking ROY home.

I think Brandon Jennings will ressurect Allen Iverson's legacy.

i dunno,coaches will start game planning him and he's never been through a full nba season,so i'm not really ready to say he's the exception to the rule

Raph12
11-28-2009, 04:01 AM
i dunno,coaches will start game planning him and he's never been through a full nba season,so i'm not really ready to say he's the exception to the rule

I see where you're coming from, but you forget Jennings has one year of pro exp.

Idk, we'll have to just wait and see.

SirCarlton
11-28-2009, 04:13 AM
i dont care if tyreke scores 30 a game...no ROY because he can do nothing more than drive to the hoop...im sorry but if tyrus thomas has more range than you do, you deserve nothing

BigEric
11-28-2009, 04:22 AM
You're a funny man Carlton.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 05:18 AM
i dont care if tyreke scores 30 a game...no ROY because he can do nothing more than drive to the hoop...im sorry but if tyrus thomas has more range than you do, you deserve nothing

His jumpshot is actually not that bad. It's way better than I thought it would be.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 05:19 AM
But Tyreke is a great player, he doesnt have one sole position, but he can ball. His jumper isnt the best and he turns it over alot, but both of that can be worked on.
But with all that said... MARCUS THORTON 4 ROY! :D

Funny you say that...Jennings turns the ball over more.

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 05:43 AM

this statement is filled with ignorance........most of dwayne wades points come because he drives to the basket same thing with lebron and since when did driving to the basket become a bad thing

so your telling me that you would rather settle for a jumpshot then a lay-up or even a kick out for a wide open 3?

i rest my case:clap:

MrFastBreak
11-28-2009, 11:29 AM

You don't know **** about Tyreke.

http://jack.zunino.net/knowjack.htm

arkanian215
11-28-2009, 02:30 PM
tyreke definitely bulked up since the last time i saw him. he was impressive against the nets last night. he and the other kings pg's got to the rim at will.

MiamiHeat
11-28-2009, 02:36 PM
him playing for the Kings... I haven't had a chance to see him play

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Funny you say that...Jennings turns the ball over more.

He does, but im not really a fan of him.

sofargone
11-28-2009, 02:56 PM
him playing for the Kings... I haven't had a chance to see him play
but jennings plays for the bucks...

MiamiHeat
11-28-2009, 02:58 PM
but jennings plays for the bucks...

ok....?
they were showing Bucks vs. Thunder on ESPN last night

sofargone
11-28-2009, 03:01 PM
ok....?
they were showing Bucks vs. Thunder on ESPN last night
thats because of jennings though, the bucks last year probably didnt get anywhere close to ESPN (correct me if im wrong)
my point is that the kings and bucks are equally small market teams but because the bucks have jennings, everyone is suddenly jumping on the bandwagon

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 03:10 PM
He does, but im not really a fan of him.

Never said you were. But the everyone jumped on the Jennings bandwagon and it's funny how everyone says how turnover prone Tyreke Evans is...when Jennings turns it over more.

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Never said you were. But the everyone jumped on the Jennings bandwagon and it's funny how everyone says how turnover prone Tyreke Evans is...when Jennings turns it over more.

Thats because people dont know, I do. They both turn it over alot.

NyCsPoRtS1
11-28-2009, 03:13 PM
i hate walsh

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:17 PM
i hate walsh

For drafting bad? Especially a rookie that you guys aren't gonna use?

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Thats because people dont know, I do. They both turn it over alot.

Per 48 minutes, these notable players turn it over more than Tyreke does:

Johnny Flynn
Steve Nash
Gilbert Arenas
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Jennings
Lebron James
Tony Parker
Aaron Brooks
Monta Ellis
Mike Conley
Derrick Rose (tied with Tyreke Evans)

Evans isn't as bad as people say, especially considering he's a 20 year old rookie still learning the point guard position.

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Per 48 minutes, these notable players turn it over more than Tyreke does:

Johnny Flynn
Steve Nash
Gilbert Arenas
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Jennings
Lebron James
Tony Parker
Aaron Brooks
Monta Ellis
Mike Conley
Derrick Rose (tied with Tyreke Evans)

Evans isn't as bad as people say, especially considering he's a 20 year old rookie still learning the point guard position.

I dont like the per 48 minute stat, it is just bad. I did say that not turning the ball over can be worked on.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 03:28 PM
I dont like the per 48 minute stat, it is just bad. I did say that not turning the ball over can be worked on.

Good argument. Just say a stat is bad without explaining why you think so.

Iodine
11-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I just had an 81/11 game on 2k10 with him in the 2010-11 season. even the ****ing 2k insider knows hes god and he rated patrick mill shigher than rudy fernandez

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Good argument. Just say a stat is bad without explaining why you think so.

I would rather use Turnovers per Game because its more accurate.

Iodine
11-28-2009, 03:46 PM

by that logic Ricky Davis is a better ball handler than Chris Paul.

Turnover% pwns all

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:48 PM
by that logic Ricky Davis is a better ball handler than Chris Paul.

Turnover% pwns all

If thats what you say, then I guess its true

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Turnovers per 48 minutes levels the minutes for players. Player A may turn the ball over .4 times more than player B, but play 8 more minutes a game.

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Turnovers per 48 minutes levels the minutes for players. Player A may turn the ball over .4 times more than player B, but play 8 more minutes a game.

Yes I understand, I dont like any of the Per 48 stats though.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Yes I understand, I dont like any of the Per 48 stats though.

Fair enough...even though your reasoning is flawed.

Here are some notable players that turn the ball over more per game than Tyreke Evans:

Gilbert Arenas
Lebron James
Deron Williams
Monta Ellis
Steve Nash
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Jennings
Johnny Flynn
Dwyane Wade
Aaron Brooks
Kevin Durant

Iodine
11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
If thats what you say, then I guess its true

god damnit your gonna make me do an essay (takes deep breath)

Lets use the ricky davis-chris paul thing as a good example
Ricky Davis has a 0.7 tpg stat to Pauls 2.1 and for career 2.2 to 2.6. By logic that turnovers alone=how good of a handler that is Ricky davis is god. However were gonna use some brain cells and input two formulas. One which isTurnover Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * TOV(turnovers) / (FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV). Turnover percentage is an estimate of turnovers per 100 plays. Davis has 14.4 this year and 14.5 for career. Paul has 11.1 this year and 13.1 for his career.

So while that might mean bat **** to someone who is narrow minded by itself because of some play styles were going to incorporate another formula
Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV)). Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.
Davis has a 18.6 this year and 23.1 for his way to long career. Paul has a 25.1 and 24.8 respectivally.

Add those two together and you learn that Paul turns the ball over less even though he has the ball more.

But since Ricky is getting .7 to CP3s 2.1 he wins right?
Please dont patronize me in the future

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Fair enough...even though your reasoning is flawed.

Here are some notable players that turn the ball over more per game than Tyreke Evans:

Gilbert Arenas
Lebron James
Deron Williams
Monta Ellis
Steve Nash
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Jennings
Johnny Flynn
Dwyane Wade
Aaron Brooks
Kevin Durant

I am just gonna talk about they guards here, if you dont mind... Nash has been TO prone for a while, Deron has been for his whole career.
I cant really say anything about the rooks. Evans is already better than Brooks. Wade has been TO prone too. I am not to sure about Ellis, dont really follow him.

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 04:10 PM
god damnit your gonna make me do an essay (takes deep breath)

Lets use the ricky davis-chris paul thing as a good example
Ricky Davis has a 0.7 tpg stat to Pauls 2.1 and for career 2.2 to 2.6. By logic that turnovers alone=how good of a handler that is Ricky davis is god. However were gonna use some brain cells and input two formulas. One which isTurnover Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * TOV(turnovers) / (FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV). Turnover percentage is an estimate of turnovers per 100 plays. Davis has 14.4 this year and 14.5 for career. Paul has 11.1 this year and 13.1 for his career.

So while that might mean bat **** to someone who is narrow minded by itself because of some play styles were going to incorporate another formula
Usage Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * ((FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV) * (Tm MP / 5)) / (MP * (Tm FGA + 0.44 * Tm FTA + Tm TOV)). Usage percentage is an estimate of the percentage of team plays used by a player while he was on the floor.
Davis has a 18.6 this year and 23.1 for his way to long career. Paul has a 25.1 and 24.8 respectivally.

Add those two together and you learn that Paul turns the ball over less even though he has the ball more.

But since Ricky is getting .7 to CP3s 2.1 he wins right?
Please dont patronize me in the future

If you base all your ******* off of stats thats you, but I watch these players.
I didnt base what I said on Tyreke solely off of stats, I based it on watching him play.

DerekRE_3
11-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I am just gonna talk about they guards here, if you dont mind... Nash has been TO prone for a while, Deron has been for his whole career.
I cant really say anything about the rooks. Evans is already better than Brooks. Wade has been TO prone too. I am not to sure about Ellis, dont really follow him.

Your missing the point. I think the Jazz can live with Deron's turnovers, as can the Suns with Steve Nash's. Evans is gonna turn the ball over, he's the go to guy on this team and handles the ball a lot. But we can live with those turnovers, especially since he's not leading the league in them. He's the 3rd youngest player in the NBA and a rookie, turnovers are expected and they are going to happen.

The bottom line is, the last 10 games (roughly when Kevin Martin got hurt) he's been putting up these numbers as the "go to guy" on the Kings:
22.7 PPG 6.2 RPG 5.3 APG 47% FG 85% FT

That's insane for a rookie. In the 9 games Kevin Martin has been out and Tyreke has been our #1 option, the Kings are 6-3. This team went 17-65 last year and their only notable additions were two rookies, Tyreke Evans and Omri Casspi, and of course their new coach, Paul Westphal. Evans isn't just putting up good numbers, he's been helping us win.

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Your missing the point. I think the Jazz can live with Deron's turnovers, as can the Suns with Steve Nash's. Evans is gonna turn the ball over, he's the go to guy on this team and handles the ball a lot. But we can live with those turnovers, especially since he's not leading the league in them. He's the 3rd youngest player in the NBA and a rookie, turnovers are expected and they are going to happen.

The bottom line is, the last 10 games (roughly when Kevin Martin got hurt) he's been putting up these numbers as the "go to guy" on the Kings:
22.7 PPG 6.2 RPG 5.3 APG 47% FG 85% FT

That's insane for a rookie. In the 9 games Kevin Martin has been out and Tyreke has been our #1 option, the Kings are 6-3. This team went 17-65 last year and their only notable additions were two rookies, Tyreke Evans and Omri Casspi, and of course their new coach, Paul Westphal. Evans isn't just putting up good numbers, he's been helping us win.

I have been following Tyreke, Trust me I know how he has been helping the team.(Trade Martin) I was saying one of his negatives right now is his turnover, and that will get better with time.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-28-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm Grizz and Tiger fan, so i watched all of Tyrekes college games front row, and i can tell you strictly from that, this kid will be good, better than Derrick Rose? No No No No.
I also watched all of D Rose's college games front row.

Iodine
11-28-2009, 04:59 PM
If you base all your ******* off of stats thats you, but I watch these players.
I didnt base what I said on Tyreke solely off of stats, I based it on watching him play.

Lol if you think I base half of my stuff off stats.

How many times have you watched him play? every game?

Do you go buy film? Do you watch kickouts?

Please stop being holier than thou

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Lol if you think I base half of my stuff off stats.

How many times have you watched him play? every game?

Do you go buy film? Do you watch kickouts?

Please stop being holier than thou

I have watched Tyreke play alot more than Non Kings fans can say.

The_Mac22
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Jennings ftw.

jimbobjarree
11-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I have watched Tyreke play alot more than Non Kings fans can say.

even me? Derek chains me up and forces me to watch and say things like hawesome hawes and glasspi

lmaohahaha
11-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Without question, Tyreke Is better than Brandon Jennings

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM

A case can be made lol. There is a question

sofargone
11-28-2009, 06:03 PM
gtfo

abe_froman
11-28-2009, 06:10 PM
its closer than people think.jennings has been better,not much of a question, but not by alot...its just evans hasnt had a 50+ point game to get everyones love and attention

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 08:02 PM
hes almost had a few triple doubles though which in my opinion is better then 1 good shooting night

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 08:03 PM
tyreke is WAY more consistent then jennings.......i dont think anyone would have a aruguement there

KingsMadness44
11-28-2009, 08:55 PM
im not mad but it really wasnt that funny in the first 2 threads

BigEric
11-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Tyreke Evans.

lmaohahaha
11-29-2009, 04:58 AM
gtfo

I will gtfo knowing that Tyreke Evans is better than Brandon Jennings in every aspect of the game of basketball. Better scorer, better rebounder, better built physically, better playmaker even though he's naturally a 2, better mentality, doesnt run his mouth and lets his play do the talking, better defender. The only thing Brandon Jennings has thats better than Evans is his two front teeth cuz Evans has a gap in his.

When Brandon Jennings gets a 22 pts, 8 rebs, and 7 asts on a nightly basis like Evans has been, you let me know. I'll take consistent "close-to-triple-doubles" every night over one 55 point great shooting night any time. I'm not knockin on jennings's game. he's also a very good player. But tyreke evans is better all around, rebounding, playmaking, and defense. All jennings does is score, and even Evans can score just as much as Jennings. BJ had ONE huge game... ONE... Tyreke has been almost grabbing triple doubles on a nightly basis.

So u gtfo or at least say something that indicates you have 1/4 of a brain cuz you certainly dont have any knowledge of basketball LOL

Kyben36
11-29-2009, 05:09 AM
See, my problem is that people want to compare Tyreke to Jenning in any way, Now, here is my opinion, Jennins is a score First PG, Which is fine if you know how to use him. Tyreke, IMO, Is a SG, People want to call him a PG, but I see him as a SG. Not to say he cant be a good player, but I dont see him as a PG, maybe as a D Wade, Dominate ball handler, but not as a real PG.

Kings Faithful
11-29-2009, 05:22 AM
See, my problem is that people want to compare Tyreke to Jenning in any way, Now, here is my opinion, Jennins is a score First PG, Which is fine if you know how to use him. Tyreke, IMO, Is a SG, People want to call him a PG, but I see him as a SG. Not to say he cant be a good player, but I dont see him as a PG, maybe as a D Wade, Dominate ball handler, but not as a real PG.

And why does it matter? He plays PG on our team and is having no problem with it. In fact he is probably better utilized as a PG on our team. He isn't a PG or a SG... he's a guard.

DerekRE_3
11-29-2009, 05:43 AM

He's a guard.

Tyreke Jennings
11-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Hes a basketball player.

lmaohahaha
11-30-2009, 01:36 AM
And why does it matter? He plays PG on our team and is having no problem with it. In fact he is probably better utilized as a PG on our team. He isn't a PG or a SG... he's a guard.

It absolutely matters. It makes a huge difference. Yes, Evans can play both positions and do well at both. But he definitely plays better when he's at the 2 guard. Sure he can play good ball at the point, but can play even better at the SG. It definitely makes a difference. When Iverson was in Philly, he was moved to PG one year. He put up good numbers, but played better at the 2 and the team did better when he was at the 2

SEATTLEredsox
11-30-2009, 03:00 AM
I will gtfo knowing that Tyreke Evans is better than Brandon Jennings in every aspect of the game of basketball. Better scorer, better rebounder, better built physically, better playmaker even though he's naturally a 2, better mentality, doesnt run his mouth and lets his play do the talking, better defender. The only thing Brandon Jennings has thats better than Evans is his two front teeth cuz Evans has a gap in his.

When Brandon Jennings gets a 22 pts, 8 rebs, and 7 asts on a nightly basis like Evans has been, you let me know. I'll take consistent "close-to-triple-doubles" every night over one 55 point great shooting night any time. I'm not knockin on jennings's game. he's also a very good player. But tyreke evans is better all around, rebounding, playmaking, and defense. All jennings does is score, and even Evans can score just as much as Jennings. BJ had ONE huge game... ONE... Tyreke has been almost grabbing triple doubles on a nightly basis.

So u gtfo or at least say something that indicates you have 1/4 of a brain cuz you certainly dont have any knowledge of basketball LOL

Evans is averaging 5.3 rebounds and 4.8 assists... He has been doing better since martin went out as well, but not that good.

rocky4104
11-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Suns fan living in SAC (which makes this team my number 2), what I can say abt Tyreke? he made the Kings fans excited again with their team

BigEric
11-30-2009, 05:18 AM
While his stats weren't usual Tyreke stats, he did have a positive effect on the game. The team that was supposed to be the worst in the NBA, is now relevant without it's best offensive weapon. He's brought this team together, a lot like Jennings has. He made mistakes today, but hell, he's a 20 year old guard leading a young team to a decent record. Let's clap it up for Tyreke.

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 06:57 PM
While his stats weren't usual Tyreke stats, he did have a positive effect on the game. The team that was supposed to be the worst in the NBA, is now relevant without it's best offensive weapon. He's brought this team together, a lot like Jennings has. He made mistakes today, but hell, he's a 20 year old guard leading a young team to a decent record. Let's clap it up for Tyreke.

You guys are worse using Martin(if thats makes any sense) Trade him for a big C, not the garbage Hawes(he can play backup)

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:15 PM
You guys are worse using Martin(if thats makes any sense) Trade him for a big C, not the garbage Hawes(he can play backup)

5 games isn't nearly enough games to determine that. That would be like me saying the Hornets should trade Chris Paul. And Hawes is not garbage.

Gibby23
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
5 games isn't nearly enough games to determine that. That would be like me saying the Hornets should trade Chris Paul. And Hawes is not garbage.

He's not Garbage, but he is not good. He got worse this year.

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 07:18 PM

I wouldnt be surprised if when Martin comes back, Evans numbers and the Kings wins drop. Please do not compare Martin to Paul. I understand what you trying to say but please dont compare them. Hawes would be a perfect backup C.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I wouldnt be surprised if when Martin comes back, Evans numbers and the Kings wins drop. Please do not compare Martin to Paul. I understand what you trying to say but please dont compare them. Hawes would be a perfect backup C.

I didn't compare them as players. You underestimate Martin's ability to fit in with the team and Westphal's ability to coach. Martin would rather play off the ball than handle it, which is where Tyreke comes in. Martin's strength is movement without the ball and hitting spot up 3's. With Tyreke's driving ability and the attention that he's gotten so far, Martin will have such an easier time getting shots. With Martin and Evans in the backcourt teams have to put their PG on Tyreke. On defense, Tyreke can play 3 positions which makes things easier on Kevin Martin.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
He's not Garbage, but he is not good. He got worse this year.

I had no idea the year was already over. He was slumping, but he's played very well the last couple games.

arkanian215
11-30-2009, 07:27 PM
no i dont get why people are saying that. look at the record the kings had with martin and without. now look at who they played and who contributed in those games. early on JT was invisible. that's why the kings were losing games. a game after he finally woke up kmart went down and people associate that success from martin going down and not JT doing better. i said id believe martin was the problem but it really doesnt seem that way to me. once they started playing the tougher part of the schedule, they lost a lot more games.

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
I didn't compare them as players. You underestimate Martin's ability to fit in with the team and Westphal's ability to coach. Martin would rather play off the ball than handle it, which is where Tyreke comes in. Martin's strength is movement without the ball and hitting spot up 3's. With Tyreke's driving ability and the attention that he's gotten so far, Martin will have such an easier time getting shots. With Martin and Evans in the backcourt teams have to put their PG on Tyreke. On defense, Tyreke can play 3 positions which makes things easier on Kevin Martin.

I have already seen the Kings with Martin and Tyreke in your backcourt, I would say the system you have now it working alot better though. As you say Martin is a spot up shooter, that will take alot of points away from Tyreke. Or they can fit perfectly, and you guys become a playoff team. But the first scenario is more likely.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
no i dont get why people are saying that. look at the record the kings had with martin and without. now look at who they played and who contributed in those games. early on JT was invisible. that's why the kings were losing games. a game after he finally woke up kmart went down and people associate that success from martin going down and not JT doing better. i said id believe martin was the problem but it really doesnt seem that way to me. once they started playing the tougher part of the schedule, they lost a lot more games.

Jason Thompson is huge for our success, when he does well, we do well. To start the season it wasn't just him not playing well, Tyreke Evans had a very very slow start to the season. Since Martin went out a ton of players have stepped up:

-Donte Greene has finally arrived
-Omri Casspi has been playing great
-Nocioni is doing better
-Beno Udrih is playing lights out
-Sergio Rodriguez has come back from the dead
-Kenny Thomas has come back from the dead
-Tyreke Evans is playing at an all star level.

With Martin, this was our lineup:

Jason Thompson
Sean May
Desmond Mason
Kevin Martin
Tyreke Evans

Now it's:

Spencer Hawes
Jason Thompson
Andres Nocioni
Tyreke Evans
Beno Udrih
Bench: Omri Casspi, Donte Greene, Sergio Rodriguez, Kenny Thomas, Jon Brockman

or lately:

Spencer Hawes
Jason Thompson
Andres Nocioni
Donte Greene
Tyreke Evans
Bench: Beno Udrih, Omri Casspi, Sergio Rodriguez, Kenny Thomas, Jon Brockman

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Starting Sean May was a mistake too. yeah Thompson is a monster, he can score and rebound and thats good. Donte Greene, one of my favorite Kings, he is confusing to guard, but can be inconsistent scoring sometimes

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I have already seen the Kings with Martin and Tyreke in your backcourt, I would say the system you have now it working alot better though. As you say Martin is a spot up shooter, that will take alot of points away from Tyreke. Or they can fit perfectly, and you guys become a playoff team. But the first scenario is more likely.

Good lord...that was at the beginning of the year, when the team was still coming together (it still is). It was what...the 3rd game of the season? You think 3 games is enough for them to get used to playing with each other? Westphal was and still is figuring the team out, what guys can and can't do, what spots players like, what plays work, etc.

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Good lord...that was at the beginning of the year, when the team was still coming together (it still is). It was what...the 3rd game of the season? You think 3 games is enough for them to get used to playing with each other? Westphal was and still is figuring the team out, what guys can and can't do, what spots players like, what plays work, etc.

I understand that, but in three games people were already counting us out, but hey since its not about the Kings its ok?
I gave you two scenarios, you can pick the playoff team one, but I am going with the other one

Kakaroach
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
TyFreak the beast. He'll be really good for many years to come, he's still adjusting to PG though, should be interesting to see if he can handle it.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
I understand that, but in three games people were already counting us out, but hey since its not about the Kings its ok?
I gave you two scenarios, you can pick the playoff team one, but I am going with the other one

Words cannot describe how god awfully terrible that logic is. But I guess it's safe to say since some people counted the Hornets out after 3 games, that I and other Kings fans did as well. Oh wait...the Kings were counted out before the ****ing year even started....let alone after Garcia and Martin (two starters) got hurt.

Fantastic job of ignoring my point and not addressing it by the way. Thank god for ignore lists.

RocketsRule
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I've said this numerous times and I'll say it again. Tyreke Evans IS the next Dwayne Wade.

Both players had/have trouble distinguishing what positions each being able to play both SG and PG. Wade played PG his during his campaign at Marquette and during his rookie season and Evans played the first few games at PG. As we all know, Wade is now a SG. However, both love to have the ball in their hands to make plays for others, or get to the rack. Wade and Evans also had trouble with their jump-shot during their rookie campaigns, along with committing turnovers. Both can also be considered superb defenders and above average rebounders for there position.

Tyreke Evans:

PPG: 18.8 APG: 4.7 RPG: 5.0 FG%: 44.6% 3PT%: 32.3% all in 36 minutes

Dwayne Wade (rookie season):

PPG: 16.2 APG: 4.5 RPG: 4.0 FG%: 46.5% 3PT%: 30.2% all in 35 minutes

runforrestrunx9
11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
they r both incredible and will be right up there with lebron pretty soon

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Words cannot describe how god awfully terrible that logic is. But I guess it's safe to say since some people counted the Hornets out after 3 games, that I and other Kings fans did as well. Oh wait...the Kings were counted out before the ****ing year even started....let alone after Garcia and Martin (two starters) got hurt.

Fantastic job of ignoring my point and not addressing it by the way. Thank god for ignore lists.

That logic isn't terrible what the hell, your saying that you can really say anything after three games because everybody is trying to learn about the other players on the team, what they are good at and bad at, but I can say the same thing about the Hornets, all these ignorant people calling us one of the worst teams and giving up on us(including you), especially when we had faced the toughest early schedule in the league.

If you think the Kings will mesh greatly and make the playoffs good job, but I dont.
Also I never counted the Kings as being one of the worst teams, if others did it is because they dont follow them at all.

DerekRE_3
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
That logic isn't terrible what the hell, your saying that you can really say anything after three games because everybody is trying to learn about the other players on the team, what they are good at and bad at, but I can say the same thing about the Hornets, all these ignorant people calling us one of the worst teams and giving up on us(including you), especially when we had faced the toughest early schedule in the league.

If you think the Kings will mesh greatly and make the playoffs good job, but I dont.
Also I never counted the Kings as being one of the worst teams, if others did it is because they dont follow them at all.

I never said that, you mentioned the playoffs. All I'm saying is that 5 games is not enough to determine whether Tyreke and Martin are effective playing together in the backcourt. That's it. If you really think 5 games is enough to determine that it won't work...then wow.

runforrestrunx9
11-30-2009, 07:54 PM
I've said this numerous times and I'll say it again. Tyreke Evans IS the next Dwayne Wade.

Both players had/have trouble distinguishing what positions each being able to play both SG and PG. Wade played PG his during his campaign at Marquette and during his rookie season and Evans played the first few games at PG. As we all know, Wade is now a SG. However, both love to have the ball in their hands to make plays for others, or get to the rack. Wade and Evans also had trouble with their jump-shot during their rookie campaigns, along with committing turnovers. Both can also be considered superb defenders and above average rebounders for there position.

Tyreke Evans:

PPG: 18.8 APG: 4.7 RPG: 5.0 FG%: 44.6% 3PT%: 32.3% all in 36 minutes

Dwayne Wade (rookie season):

PPG: 16.2 APG: 4.5 RPG: 4.0 FG%: 46.5% 3PT%: 30.2% all in 35 minutes

i agree, he is like wade and jennings is more like iverson

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 07:55 PM
I never said that, you mentioned the playoffs. All I'm saying is that 5 games is not enough to determine whether Tyreke and Martin are effective playing together in the backcourt. That's it. If you really think 5 games is enough to determine that it won't work...then wow.

I dont think 5 games is enough, thats why I brought up the Hornets and their early struggles. But I am saying the Kings can be a low 6-8 playoff team or they can fall to the bottom half of the West, I feel they are still lacking a good defensive big man at the C spot.

drama1386
11-30-2009, 08:00 PM
That reminds me, that was a good game against you guys, Collison V Jenning rivalry anyone?

i really like collison. he's gonna blossom under cp3 & learn from the best. i can see a jennings vs. collison rivalry, but i'm waiting for jennings vs. cp3...that's gonna be epic!

and about evans, i really like this kid's game. even though jennings is getting all the attention, evans has really made a push for ROY. once his jumper is straight, he'll be really good. the kings really don't need kevin martin anymore now that evans has really flourished and will continue to get better & better...IMO.

Vinny642
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
i really like collison. he's gonna blossom under cp3 & learn from the best. i can see a jennings vs. collison rivalry, but i'm waiting for jennings vs. cp3...that's gonna be epic!

and about evans, i really like this kid's game. even though jennings is getting all the attention, evans has really made a push for ROY. once his jumper is straight, he'll be really good. the kings really don't need kevin martin anymore now that evans has really flourished and will continue to get better & better...IMO.

A CP Jennings match up should be nice, but yeah your right Collison will learn alot from Paul, no disrespect to Marcus Thorton but Collison has been doing great also since we fired Scott and lost Paul

Hawkeye15
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Evans came in NBA ready, more so than others, and is getting huge minutes and touches. He has a lot of potential. I love his game. Lets see how he grows.

aNYer
11-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Before the draft I thought he would be a monster, before the season started I went into the kings forum and told them I thought they made a great pick. I like his raw potential a lot. I think he started off well but he will become a beastly with time.