PDA

View Full Version : C.J Watson Puts Swine Flu Bug Behind Him

roshan3ai
11-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Watson puts swine flu bug behind him

SAN ANTONIO — Warriors guard C.J. Watson has a new haircut, a Mohawk, to match what he sees as his new lease on life. After 10 days in seclusion while recovering from swine flu, who could blame him?

"In Milwaukee, I thought I was going to die," Watson said before Wednesday's 118-104 loss to the San Antonio Spurs. "I've been sick before. Never like that. I'm not going to lie. I was scared."

Watson first learned he may have the H1N1 virus after the game at Milwaukee on Nov. 14. He said he felt terrible and was throwing up at halftime. After learning he had swine flu, Watson was sequestered from the team.

Watson had to wear a mask whenever he came in contact with people, so he decided not to come in contact with people, banishing himself to his Las Vegas home. Only his parents visited him, he said.

He said he started feeling better on Sunday. He met the team in San Antonio on Tuesday night. Watson played 16 minutes Wednesday, going scoreless on two shots. He said he felt pretty good other than fatigue and rust. Even he was impressed with himself considering he'd been wiped out the past 10 days.

"Only guys like me can do that," Watson said with smile. "I'm just getting my feet under me."

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_13871429?source=rss

Glad he's better, and I hope he can return to his great play off the bench for Golden State

sofargone
11-26-2009, 04:08 PM
good to hear hes better

MJ-BULLS
11-26-2009, 04:09 PM
very good to hear

clutchski
11-26-2009, 04:16 PM
nothing worse than throwing up at half time

Kakaroach
11-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Good to hear, and OMG Golden State will actually have more than 6 players for now.

sofargone
11-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Good to hear, and OMG Golden State will actually have more than 6 players for now.

ha imagine what they would do to dallas with 7 players!