PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Championship Opinions

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Early on Guesses.
Lakers got Artest and are still top on the leauge. Cavs and Magic playing really good. Boston still a contender no doubt.

Two teams that most people thought the window for a championship had closed, are back at it. The Suns didn't even make the playoffs last year, they lose Shaq, and there the top in the leauge. Mavs at the top too.
Its like a few years ago.

Bucks playing well, throw in Portland, San Antonio struggling but still.
Now that there are so many contenders, who do you think will win the West and East?

West-

East-

Finals-

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 01:46 AM
West - Lakers
East - Magic
Finals - Lakers

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 01:55 AM
mavs&magic

ChiSox219
11-26-2009, 01:56 AM
mavs

Only if the Lakers play 4 guys.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Only if the Lakers play 4 guys.

Lakers aren't that great

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Lakers aren't that great

That's why they are the current champions.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:00 AM
That's why they are the current champions.

They were great last year

GREATNESS ONE
11-26-2009, 02:00 AM
To be the Man you gotta Beat the Man.:box:

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:02 AM
The west has gotten so much better since last year. Suns, Mavs, Spurs (improved but injuries have hurt), Nuggets, and Blazers all are better then last year. Good luck.

NPH
11-26-2009, 02:02 AM
I'm The Man

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:03 AM
to be the man you gotta beat the man.

94-80

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:05 AM
i hope Suns or Mavs win the West.
East i dont care.

*Superman*
11-26-2009, 02:07 AM
Homer pick.

Magic

Lakers

Magic:D

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:09 AM
94-80

w/o Pau

and don't even use the excuse of Josh Howard

Pau>>>>>>>>>>>>> and much more important to his team than Josh Howard

Pau is a guy people want to trade for. Josh is a guy people (like Mavs ownership the last 2+ yrs) enjoy speculating in trading him to acquire other guys :)

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:10 AM
Although i still want to see a Kobe vs. Lebron Finals.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:12 AM
i hope Suns or Mavs win the West.
East i dont care.

if they couldn't make it to the finals in 05 w/ Marion, Joe Johnson, Q Richardson etc, and couldn't make it to finals in 06 (w/o Amare, but with Marion, Raja Bell, and Boris Diaw)...what makes you think they gonna make it with a much older yet still effective Nash, Amare (not at the level he was 3-4 yrs ago, Jason Richardson (not of his Warriors days), Grant Hill (not of his old Pistons days) and Channing Frye? :confused:

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:14 AM
w/o Pau

and don't even use the excuse of Josh Howard

Pau>>>>>>>>>>>>> and much more important to his team than Josh Howard

Pau is a guy people want to trade for. Josh is a guy people (like Mavs ownership the last 2+ yrs) enjoy speculating in trading him to acquire other guys :)Much more important? Howard is the 2nd best player on the team. People want to trade him because he's been injured. Are you too ignorant to realize he's a 20 and 7 player when healthy?

Pau and Howard have the same offensive game. Go look at the stats. Pau gets a couple of more rebounds a game because he's a PF.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:15 AM
if they couldn't make it to the finals in 05 w/ Marion, Joe Johnson, Q Richardson etc, and couldn't make it to finals in 06 (w/o Amare, but with Marion, Raja Bell, and Boris Diaw)...what makes you think they gonna make it with a much older yet still effective Nash, Amare (not at the level he was 3-4 yrs ago, Jason Richardson (not of his Warriors days), Grant Hill (not of his old Pistons days) and Channing Frye? :confused:

Notice the word "hope"
:facepalm:

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:17 AM
Plus im a Grizzlies fan... Relax Man

Spurred1
11-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Lakers will likely win the West, although I would prefer the Spurs or Mavs do it.

Celtics will win the East

Celtics over Lakers in the Finals...

What I would love to see would be Spurs/Celtics. See two of the best pfs battling it out.

Duncan = Donkey
11-26-2009, 02:20 AM
as long as lakers or celtics dont win im fine

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Plus im a Grizzlies fan... relax Man

Don't worry, Lakers fans will all dissapear once they get bounced out of the playoffs this year by one of the much improved elite teams in the west.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Much more important? Howard is the 2nd best player on the team. People want to trade him because he's been injured. Are you too ignorant to realize he's a 20 and 7 player when healthy?

Pau and Howard have the same offensive game. Go look at the stats. Pau gets a couple of more rebounds a game because he's a PF.

r u seriously comparing Josh Howard to Pau Gasol??? Look, Josh Howard is a terrific player, and yes, injuries have hindered him, but you cannot tell me that he has the passing ability, bball IQ, and efficiency of Pau. And guess wut, Pau is the "2nd best player" on the lakers like J.Ho is the 2nd best on the Mavs behind Dirk. And in that system, J.Ho can be replaced, there are plenty guys who can avg 20 and 7 and be able to play along side with Dirk, J-Kidd, Terry and the Matrix.

Pau is perfect for the triangle, there aren't many good big men passers and high bball IQ at the position in the association.

Oh, and no hate on the J.Ho or the Mavs, I respect ur team and their fans. I told you before the season even started, see u in the 2010 WCF :)

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:23 AM
as long as lakers or celtics dont win im fine

well, prepare "not to be fine"....again

lol

_KB24_
11-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Much more important? Howard is the 2nd best player on the team. People want to trade him because he's been injured. Are you too ignorant to realize he's a 20 and 7 player when healthy?

Please tell me your joking? Howard is not even half the player Gasol is.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:27 AM
r u seriously comparing Josh Howard to Pau Gasol??? Look, Josh Howard is a terrific player, and yes, injuries have hindered him, but you cannot tell me that he has the passing ability, bball IQ, and efficiency of Pau. And guess wut, Pau is the "2nd best player" on the lakers like J.Ho is the 2nd best on the Mavs behind Dirk. And in that system, J.Ho can be replaced, there are plenty guys who can avg 20 and 7 and be able to play along side with Dirk, J-Kidd, Terry and the Matrix.

Pau is perfect for the triangle, there aren't many good big men passers and high bball IQ at the position in the association.

Oh, and no hate on the J.Ho or the Mavs, I respect ur team and their fans. I told you before the season even started, see u in the 2010 WCF :)

i watched Pau Gasol for years here in Memphis and he is the same for the Lakers - Over rated.
He is a p**** and cries about every call.
Homer statement but its true, his brother Marc Gasol will be better than Pau.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:27 AM

I'm not trying to say that Howard is better, but he's making it seem like Pau is A LOT better than Howard because he isn't. They play 2 different positions so it's hard to compare. Pau was the best player on a bad team in Memphis where as Josh has always been on a team loaded with talent. They're both well rounded versatile players that can give you 30 on any given night. Yes, Pau is the better player, but not way better like he's saying.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:28 AM
He couldnt get us a single playoff win, but Kobe carries him to a championship and he's the greatest PF ever to pick up a basketball.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:29 AM
i watched Pau Gasol for years here in Memphis and he is the same for the Lakers - Over rated.
He is a p**** and cries about every call.
Homer statement but its true, his brother Marc Gasol will be better than Pau.

so dwight howard dominated the 09 finals en route to a Magic championship? :confused:

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm not trying to say that Howard is better, but he's making it seem like Pau is A LOT better than Howard because he isn't. They play 2 different positions so it's hard to compare. Pau was the best player on a bad team in Memphis where as Josh has always been on a team loaded with talent. They're both well rounded versatile players that can give you 30 on any given night. Yes, Pau is the better player, but not way better like he's saying.

I understand man.
I'll get banned if i say what i think about Laker fans.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:30 AM

ok ok, ill give u dat

oh and btw mavrix, good discussion with ya as always

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Please tell me your joking? Howard is not even half the player Gasol is.

Let's look at the last 3 years:

Howard:

18.9 ppg
19.9 ppg
18.0 ppg (only played 32 mpg, gasol averaged 37 mpg)

Gasol:

18.8 ppg
18.9 ppg
18.9 ppg

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 02:31 AM
Lakers aren't that great

Oh so the mavs are ????

Funny boy

Spurred1
^Good point,there. Gasol was a huge reason for the Magic losing in the Finals. Bynum was basically useless. Gasol and Lamar Kardashian covered Dwight and made him pretty ineffective.

Oops-this was in reference to a post a few posts up by Ko8e..

Ty Fast
Da bulls

Shady66
Ever since Pau went to the Lakers hes been the most overrated player in the NBA

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:32 AM
ok ok, ill give u dat

oh and btw mavrix, good discussion with ya as always

:)

loveofthegame87
11-26-2009, 02:33 AM
The Lakers are in the right position to win the championship again. Really don't matter to me as long as the lakers win, but would perfer to go against the celts or cavs.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:34 AM

:clap:
Yes. finally someone sees or has balls to say it

iggypop123
94-80

when did they move the western conference finals to november?

Mavrix
Oh so the mavs are ????

Funny boy

Nuggets, Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs all have an equal chance in my opinion.

I would say 25% chance for each team but something like

Lakers: 28%
Mavs: 24%
Denver: 24%
Spurs: 24%

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:35 AM
when did they move the western conference finals to november?

Oh so were talking about the future? Why are the rest of the Lakers fans talking about the past? (last year)

The west isn't the same as last year.

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Don't worry, Lakers fans will all dissapear once they get bounced out of the playoffs this year by one of the much improved elite teams in the west.

:facepalm: I garantee you you'll be bounced out before.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:36 AM
Oh so were talking about the future? Why are the rest of the Lakers fans talking about the past? (last year)

:cheers:

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:37 AM

You guarantee me? Lol. You're such a homer.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:37 AM

gurantee.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Nuggets, Lakers, Mavs, and Spurs all have an equal chance in my opinion.

I would say 25% chance for each team but something like

Lakers: 28%
Mavs: 24%
Denver: 24%
Spurs: 24%

Lakers: 38%
Mavs: 32%
Nuggets: 20%
Spurs: 10%

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 02:38 AM

No he's not.
Pau Gasol is 18.8 points and 10 rebounds a game for a career average.
Amar'e Stoudemire on the other hand 18.0 and 7.3, yet people likes and knows more about him than Gasol.
You say he's overrated? No, I think he's under appreciated.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:39 AM
Lakers: 38%
Mavs: 32%
Nuggets: 20%
Spurs: 10%
I wouldn't give the Spurs that low of a chance. They've been injured and their roster and talent is MUCH better than last year.

loveofthegame87

Oh I'm sorry every since Pau came to the Lakers the Sun haven't beaten us.

ko8e24

and Amare Stoudemaire is the greatest rebounder and greatest defender of the history of all big men in the nba. oh, and his bball IQ is off the charts!

iggypop123
11-26-2009, 02:40 AM

you cite injuries, which is has some truth, you were able to beat the spurs with a crippled howard, but on the same token we won the title with bynum limping along the way. i think to suggest the lakers are a better team healthy than the mavericks healthy wouldnt be such a crazy statement so if regular season games matter then 6 warriors>mavs>lakers. see how stupid that sounds?

Mavrix
No he's not.
Amar'e Stoudemire on the other hand 18.0 and 7.3, yet people likes and knows more about him than Gasol.

Nah I think most people would rather have Gasol on their team because he can actually play defense.

Deezy Dee 24.
Pau couldnt lead us to a single playoff win and we Grizzlies had a good supporting cast.
Kobe carried him. Over rated

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 02:41 AM
You guarantee me? Lol. You're such a homer.

Are you kidding me,you are the guy who found excuses after your pathetic loss to the six warriors players,and you wanna talk "homer" with me?

The only other team who has a chance to beat us is denver,cause Melo has the same type of killer instinct that Kobe has.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:41 AM
I wouldn't give the Spurs that low of a chance. They've been injured and their roster and talent is MUCH better than last year.

but the Mavs have a much more balanced attack than the Nuggets and have more versatile players and a better bench, and mavs are way better than the Spurs IMO

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:42 AM
you cite injuries, which is has some truth, you were able to beat the spurs with a crippled howard, but on the same token we won the title with bynum limping along the way. i think to suggest the lakers are a better team healthy than the mavericks healthy wouldnt be such a crazy statement so if regular season games matter then 6 warriors>mavs>lakers. see how stupid that sounds?

6 warriors>3 starters didn't play for the mavs? > lakers?

Why are you bringing one game into this? Marion played tonight for the Mavs (still down 2 starters) and Dallas whooped Houston 130-99.

Shady66
11-26-2009, 02:43 AM
and Amare Stoudemaire is the greatest rebounder and greatest defender of the history of all big men in the nba. oh, and his bball IQ is off the charts!

Never said he was....

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:44 AM
Are you kidding me,you are the guy who found excuses after your pathetic loss to the six warriors players,and you wanna talk "homer" with me?

The only other team who has a chance to beat us is denver,cause Melo has the same type of killer instinct that Kobe has.

no, he may have some level of a "killer instinct" mentality and approach, but he's only shown it for like last yrs WCF and the first 14 games. He can't reach Mamba's level, who's been showing that he has guts since the 97 series against the Jazz, and showing that killer instinct since game 4 of the 2000 nba finals against the pacers @ indiana.

Plz, don't ever make that comparison again.

I like ya Iron24th, but in this case, you're wrong.

Mavrix

Uh, not having 3 starters (Howard OR Marion would easily be the 2nd best player on GS's entire team) and not having our only true center is why we lost. It's just one game. We won 130-99 against Houston with Marion back tonight ;)

Toenail Clipper
Nah I think most people would rather have Gasol on their team because he can actually play defense.

Hm, Gasol is not in the talks as much as other great Power Forwards, it's impossible to say that he's overrated.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Never said he was....

so when ur big guy has so many flaws, then u have no right to talk trash about big guys of other teams who are better than ur team's big guy....plain and simple. :cool:

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Hm, Gasol is not in the talks as much as other great Power Forwards, it's impossible to say that he's overrated.

People over rate him when they say he's better than Dirk which is a joke and that he's a franchise player which he isn't. He can't win a championship as a first option but he can obviously win one as the 2nd option.

Shady66
11-26-2009, 02:46 AM
No he's not.

Dunno where u got those random numbers from, but anyways the last 5 games hes averaging 25 points on 66 % shooting.
Yes his rebounding sucks, but his defence is vastly underrated this year.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:47 AM
I like Pau's game a lot. He's very smart and plays great defense. I wouldn't mind him playing next to Dirk in a Mavs uniform :) I think we'd be unstoppable with a line up of Gasol, Dirk, Marion, Howard/Terry, and Kidd

Shady66
11-26-2009, 02:48 AM
so when ur big guy has so many flaws, then u have no right to talk trash about big guys of other teams who are better than ur team's big guy....plain and simple. :cool:

Lakers fans on this site make Pau seem like hes the best PF in the world. Hes not.

Suns fans and posters know Amare isnt the best(PF), and they dont overrate him like the Lakers do Pau.

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 02:50 AM
no, he may have some level of a "killer instinct" mentality and approach, but he's only shown it for like last yrs WCF and the first 14 games. He can't reach Mamba's level, who's been showing that he has guts since the 97 series against the Jazz, and showing that killer instinct since game 4 of the 2000 nba finals against the pacers @ indiana.

Plz, don't ever make that comparison again.

I like ya Iron24th, but in this case, you're wrong.

Don't worry my boy ko8e24,that's misunderstood,he can't reach mamba's level,no one can,there's no question about that,but if I have to call one player who has the same type of mentality,that's Melo.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Amare's offense > Gasol's offense
Amare's defense < Gasol's defense

Gasol is a much more balanced player. Both great players, neither franchise players. Amare is more explosive and can take over games, but I wanna trust defense over offense when it counts.

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 02:51 AM
Dunno where u got those random numbers from, but anyways the last 5 games hes averaging 25 points on 66 % shooting.
Yes his rebounding sucks, but his defence is vastly underrated this year.

You know where I got it from?
My brain, I made that shiz up

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 02:53 AM
Uh, not having 3 starters (Howard OR Marion would easily be the 2nd best player on GS's entire team) and not having our only true center is why we lost. It's just one game. We won 130-99 against Houston with Marion back tonight ;)

It seems you love talking about regular season,get out of the 2nd round first.

Shady66
11-26-2009, 02:53 AM
You know where I got it from?
My brain, I made that shiz up

Damn son!

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Damn

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:01 AM
It seems you love talking about regular season,get out of the 2nd round first.

Why are you still talking about the past? THIS IS THE 2009-2010 season. Completely different teams in the west.

Mavs rotation last year (15 mpg+):

Kidd - Barea
Wright - Terry
Howard
Dirk - Bass
Dampier

Only 8 rotation players. Not a great bench. Weak at the SG and center spots.

This year rotation (15 mpg+):

Kidd - Barea - Beaubois (rookie playing very solid)
Howard - Terry
Marion - Ross
Dirk - Thomas/Humphries
Dampier - Gooden

This team is soooooooooooooooooooooo much more deep then last season with players that can actually play defense.

Mr.Nate30
11-26-2009, 03:04 AM
ok just saying that i find it funny when u say something bad bout the lakers to a laker fan how some way like 20 more laker fans show up start swarming that person

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Why are you still talking about the past? THIS IS THE 2009-2010 season. Completely different teams in the west.

Mavs rotation last year (15 mpg+):

Kidd - Barea
Wright - Terry
Howard
Dirk - Bass
Dampier

Only 8 rotation players. Not a great bench. Weak at the SG and center spots.

This year rotation (15 mpg+):

Kidd - Barea - Beaubois (rookie playing very solid)
Howard - Terry
Marion - Ross
Dirk - Thomas/Humphries
Dampier - Gooden

This team is soooooooooooooooooooooo much more deep then last season with players that can actually play defense.

OK you have done nothing in the past.

So,let's talk about the present,what have you done to be that confident?

Actually you are a 4th seed in the west,ok and so what?

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Portland is better with Miller, San Antonio better with Richardson, Mcdyess, etc., Denver is carrying where they left off, Phoenix playing great without Shaq clogging the lane, and the Mavs being the deepest it's ever been.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:07 AM
OK you have done nothing in the past.

So,let's talk about the present,what have you done to be that confident?

Actually you are a 4th seed in the west,ok and so what?

We have the same record as Denver, and only half a game behind the Lakers. Suns won't stay that high - they have a unfavorable schedule coming in early December.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Plus the Lakers have been playing mostly home games. They're about to hit the road pretty soon.

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Plus the Lakers have been playing mostly home games. They're about to hit the road pretty soon.

You talk about future? I think you wanted to talk about present,so,actually what proves your 4th seed team is the better?

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:11 AM
You talk about future? I think you wanted to talk about present,so,actually what proves your 4th seed team is the better?

Oh so you're saying the current 1st seed Suns are better than your Lakers? It's the present right?

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Oh so you're saying the current 1st seed Suns are better than your Lakers? It's the present right?

No,I'm not saying the same stuff,I think the defending champion (if they are in the same shape) is always the best team,I thought that even when boston was the defending champ in 2008,but YOU are saying that the past isn't important,only the present count,so,I ask you again :

What have the 4th seed mavs done right now to deserve to be the better team in your opinion ???

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Beat the Lakers 94-80? LOL

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 03:27 AM
Beat the Lakers 94-80? LOL

LOL if I follow your thoughts,that's cause Pau didn't play ;)

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:32 AM
LOL if I follow your thoughts,that's cause Pau didn't play ;)

Not this again. Howard didn't play. Omg, get over it.

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Not this again. Howard didn't play. Omg, get over it.

OK,so,when we'll beat you next time,maybe we'll be as good as you :rolleyes:

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:40 AM
OK,so,when we'll beat you next time,maybe we'll be as good as you :rolleyes:

What are you, 12? I'm done.

D Blue987
11-26-2009, 04:05 AM
Ultimately I think the Lakers are going to beat the Mavs when it comes down to the playoffs. The regular season doesnt matter much and barring any injury it is obvious that both teams will make the playoffs. I think that a complete unit of Artest,Kobe, Odom, Pau, and Bynum will just be too much to handle for the Mavs, especially up front. Dampier and Gooden wont be able to stop Pau and Bynum for anything. If you are looking to win a championship then you need a dominant big man and the Mavs lack that. I see this team being just like last years Nuggets team. A ton of potential, but just not enough to be considered the best. Face it the Lakers are a monster and yes they will struggle here and there but when it really matters in the postseason, you can bet that the punishment (and yes admittingly it was a punishment) distributed by the Mavs in the 2nd game of the season wont mean squat.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:28 AM
ok just saying that i find it funny when u say something bad bout the lakers to a laker fan how some way like 20 more laker fans show up start swarming that person

cuz therez strong unity amongst us lakers fan. Iron24th, Wilson, Storch, The_Great_One, Lakersfan2483, lakersfosho, Brooke, KB--24, Lakergirl24, Fireworld, many many many more true, die-hard Lakers fans here on PSD, and myself stick together. We're all knowledgeable about the game of basketball, we all understand our team's rich history, and we all breath Laker basketball. We respect those that respect us and those that understand the game of basketball (they don't necessarily have to be Lakers fan).

However, one thing holds true. If you were to stab any one of us with a dagger or knife, and you saw blood oozing out of that wound, the color of that blood would be purple & gold! :smoking:

Plain and simple.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Portland is dangerous

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:40 AM
Portland is dangerous

yes they are, especially with oden beastin it up as of late

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2009, 04:46 AM
gurantee.

if your going to correct someone at least do it right. "guarantee" buddy. and i GUARANTEE the lakers will win the championship.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-26-2009, 04:50 AM

you talk about the present and yet your still behind the lakers. hahahahahahaahahaha:facepalm: it shouldnt matter home game or not. a win is a win no matter where you play. just get used to trying to catch up to us all season because there is no way in hell that the mavs will be ahead of the lakers this season. i dont see them making it past 2nd round of the playoffs.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:51 AM
you talk about the present and yet your still behind the lakers. hahahahahahaahahaha:facepalm: it shouldnt matter home game or not. a win is a win no matter where you play. just get used to trying to catch up to us all season because there is no way in hell that the mavs will be ahead of the lakers this season. i dont see them making it past 2nd round of the playoffs.

IMO, it'll be Lakers vs Mavs 2010 WCF

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 04:55 AM
cuz therez strong unity amongst us lakers fan. Iron24th, Wilson, Storch, The_Great_One, Lakersfan2483, lakersfosho, Brooke, KB--24, Lakergirl24, Fireworld, many many many more true, die-hard Lakers fans here on PSD, and myself stick together. We're all knowledgeable about the game of basketball, we all understand our team's rich history, and we all breath Laker basketball. We respect those that respect us and those that understand the game of basketball (they don't necessarily have to be Lakers fan).

However, one thing holds true. If you were to stab any one of us with a dagger or knife, and you saw blood oozing out of that wound, the color of that blood would be purple & gold! :smoking:

Plain and simple.

Bro, I think that's the better post I've seen on PSD,the way you describe our nation.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Bro, I think that's the better post I've seen on PSD,the way you describe our nation.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

we are one yo :)

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 05:00 AM
What are you, 12? I'm done.

No,I'm 27,and I think you are the 12 years old boy, I understand so much more about NBA basketball than you,cause a boy talkin about season (just 15 games played) when anyone knows only playoffs count,don't know a thing about basketball.

Your team is behind mine,you haven't done anything the past seasons and playoffs,and you haven't done anything actually,but you continue to scream dallas is the better team,so,I'm done with you boy.

Iron24th
11-26-2009, 05:02 AM
we are one yo :)

:hi5:

rsweene
11-26-2009, 02:51 PM

you dont have that much confidence in your team. Why dont you make a prediction? You dont realize the lakers are one of those teams in the west who have improved too...

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:00 PM
you dont have that much confidence in your team. Why dont you make a prediction? You dont realize the lakers are one of those teams in the west who have improved too...

They're not playing like it. What was their record this time of the year last year? They look just as good as the Nuggets, Suns, and Mavs right now. Tell me how they're better than last year?

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 03:03 PM
They're not playing like it. What was their record this time of the year last year? They look just as good as the Nuggets, Suns, and Mavs right now. Tell me how they're better than last year?

We've been leading each of the last 4 contests against Pistons, Bulls, Thunder and Knicks by as many as 25 points. It's because we rested our starters and played our crappy bench players in the 4th that resulted in us winning by an avg of just 15 PPG in the last 4 games. We're just gettin started yo, especially w/ Pau back in the lineup.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:11 PM
We've been leading each of the last 4 contests against Pistons, Bulls, Thunder and Knicks by as many as 25 points. It's because we rested our starters and played our crappy bench players in the 4th that resulted in us winning by an avg of just 15 PPG in the last 4 games. We're just gettin started yo, especially w/ Pau back in the lineup.

You do realize those aren't even top 10 teams in the league right?

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Dallas's win margin right now is better than the Lakers by a couple of points.

TheKing23
11-26-2009, 03:32 PM
East - Cavs
West - Nuggets

Finals - Cavs

TheKing23
11-26-2009, 03:37 PM
No he's not.

Please get your facts right...

Pau Gasol career average: 18.8 PPG, 8.7 RPG
Amar'e Stoudemire career average: 21 PPG, 8.9 RPG

sofargone
11-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Dallas's win margin right now is better than the Lakers by a couple of points.

do you want to sig bet that the lakers will get farther in the playoffs than dallas? im tired of your talk

ps im not even a lakers fan

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 03:58 PM
do you want to sig bet that the lakers will get farther in the playoffs than dallas? im tired of your talk

ps im not even a lakers fanI'm already in a sig bet with a Blazers fan but I would in an instant.

theuuord
11-26-2009, 03:59 PM
It's New Jersey's to lose right now.

sofargone
11-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm already in a sig bet with a Blazers fan but I would in an instant.

:rolleyes:

st3voness
11-26-2009, 04:17 PM
It all depends on how the 2010 off season goes.

clutchski
11-26-2009, 04:17 PM
West: Lakers
East: Boston
Championship: Boston

st3voness
11-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I already have a sig bet that Lakers do not repeat this year.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:20 PM
I already have a sig bet that Lakers do not repeat this year.

They won't make it out of the west. Mark my words.

Impulse
11-26-2009, 04:23 PM
East: Magic
West: Lakers
Champion: Lakers

iggypop123
11-26-2009, 04:25 PM

i have room in here for a bet. im in. you want the bet?

sofargone
11-26-2009, 04:27 PM

i already tried hes got a bet against portland :rolleyes: i dont get how hes so sure that the lakers wont make it to the finals

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:27 PM

Can you read? Look up.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM

ok, say you have basically a wash

J-Kidd, Marion, Howard, Terry, Thomas, Dampier, Barrea, Gooden

Vs

Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Artest, Fisher, Brown, Farmar, Walton

and then you have....

Bryant vs Nowitzki

Both are big scorers for their teams, and both are known to hit the big shots.

But who are you going to take in a 7-game series???

I'd go with the icon with 4 rings in 6 finals appearances, a finals mvp, a league mvp, 3 all-star game mvps, olympic gold, slam dunk title, and 2 scoring titles as opposed to another great basketball player who has made it to the finals once, and has 1 league mvp and a 3-pt shootout title.

As great as Dirk is, you cannot compare him to MAMBA.

Black Mamba > Big German

PS: Dirk Nowitzki is one of my favorite players to watch of all-time, I respect the hell outta the guy. One of my top 3-4 favorite players in the NBA today. So there is absolutely no hate for the guy.

sofargone
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM

Vs

and then you have....

Bryant vs Nowitzki

I'd go with the icon with 4 rings in 6 finals appearances, a finals mvp, a league mvp, 3 all-star game mvps, olympic gold, slam dunk title, and 2 scoring titles as opposed to another great basketball player who has made it to the finals once, and has 1 league mvp and a 3-pt shootout title.

Black Mamba > Big German

PS: Dirk Nowitzki is one of my favorite players to watch of all-time, I respect the hell outta the guy. One of my top 3-4 players in the NBA today. So there is absolutely no hate for the guy.

dont even bother mavrix has become one of the biggest homers on this site

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM

Vs

and then you have....

Bryant vs Nowitzki

Black Mamba > Big German

PS: Dirk Nowitzki is one of my favorite players to watch of all-time, I respect the hell outta the guy. One of my top 3-4 players in the NBA today. So there is absolutely no hate for the guy.

Do you realize how much deeper Dallas is then LA? We have a 11 guys averaging at least 15 minutes a game and that's not even counting rookie Beauboius who's been starting and doing a hell of a job averaging over 7 points in 13 minutes in Josh Howard's absence.

Dallas's bench >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LA's bench

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
dont even bother mavrix has become one of the biggest homers on this site

true, but he's a damn good poster and a fellow PSD member that I respect, so itz all kool and its part of healthy fan competition

Taimla
11-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Mavs vs MAgic final :)

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:33 PM
January 3rd at LA, and then 10 days later in Dallas on the 13th. Mark those days on your calendar's.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Mavs vs MAgic final :)

:cheers:

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Do you realize how much deeper Dallas is then LA? We have a 11 guys averaging at least 15 minutes a game and that's not even counting rookie Beauboius who's been starting and doing a hell of a job averaging over 7 points in 13 minutes in Josh Howard's absence.

true, but now, shift that mentality you have to the playoffs.

The rotations become shorter, certain players wont get many minutes, rotation will be cut down to like 8-9 guys. The starters are going to be playing the majority of the minutes because they will no longer be regular season games, but rather playoff games (where it REALLY REALLY counts).

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 04:35 PM

Odom, Brown and Powell are better than Dallas's bench.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:36 PM
January 3rd at LA, and then 10 days later in Dallas on the 13th. Mark those days on your calendar's.

should be good games :)

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:37 PM
true, but he's a damn good poster and a fellow PSD member that I respect, so itz all kool and its part of healthy fan competition

He doesn't realize that I respect Kobe and LA. I'm just being realistic. The west is a lot more competitive this season then last year. I have never said that LA isn't the best team in the west, I've always said they were the best in the west with the best chance of getting out of the west. But other Laker fans aren't realistic. They think that Dallas/Denver don't have a good chance in dethrowing them in the west. Be realistic people. The west is SO much better this year than last year.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Odom, Brown and Powell are better than Dallas's bench.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....wait are you being serious?

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:40 PM
He doesn't realize that I respect Kobe and LA. I'm just being realistic. The west is a lot more competitive this season then last year. I have never said that LA isn't the best team in the west, I've always said they were the best in the west with the best chance of getting out of the west. But other Laker fans aren't realistic. They think that Dallas/Denver don't have a good chance in dethrowing them in the west. Be realistic people. The west is SO much better this year than last year.

i think Dallas is LA's toughest competition, the Lakers have figured out Denver after last yr's WCF (trust me). That regular season game blowout loss to the nuggets a couple of wks ago was not indicative of how the lakers matchup to the nuggets. You don't wanna reveal your secrets too soon. Nuggets played an awesome game, but nothing that the defending champs should be too concerned about tho

Howver, that 94-80 loss to Mavs was 1/2 and 1/2 in terms of legitimacy. Lakers did not have Pau, but Lakers had no answer for the Mavs new acquisition of Shawn Marion. (upon 1st exposure, the Lakeshow couldn't figure out how to defend the new-looked and much more improved Mavs that game)

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:41 PM
You got the best 6th man in the league in Terry who can give you 25 on any given night, like last night...you have Gooden averaging 9 and 7 with 1.5 blocks at the center spot (finally playing some good defense), you got 3 point specialist Tim Thomas playing great averaging over 11 off the bench, you have the spark plug Barea averging 8 points and 4 assists off the bench, and defensive minded Quinton Ross. Keep in mind once Howard comes back that rookie Beauboius will move back to the bench giving us another weapon. I forgot to mention Kris Humphries which is doing a hell of a job averaging a career best 7 and 4.5 backing up Dirkin only 15 minutes.

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....wait are you being serious?

no
lmao
i was being sarcastic!

theuuord
11-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm a little mad that the Mavs don't suck, but that's only because we have their unprotected pick this year.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
You got the best 6th man in the league in Terry who can give you 25 on any given night, like last night...you have Gooden averaging 9 and 7 with 1.5 blocks at the center spot (finally playing some good defense), you got 3 point specialist Tim Thomas playing great averaging over 11 off the bench, you have the spark plug Barea averging 8 points and 4 assists off the bench, and defensive minded Quinton Ross. Keep in mind once Howard comes back that rookie Beauboius will move back to the bench giving us another weapon. I forgot to mention Kris Humphries which is doing a hell of a job averaging a career best 7 and 4.5 backing up Dirkin only 15 minutes.

the reason u guys are much tougher competition than nuggets is cuz of ur consistent defense (all initiated by ur great head coach rick carlisle)

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm a little mad that the Mavs don't suck, but that's only because we have their unprotected pick this year.

random

theuuord
11-26-2009, 04:47 PM
random

lol. there's been a lot of talk I recall about Mavs fans feeling like they're hated or disrespected. They're a great team - I don't think they're as good as LA, Portland, or Denver, although they're surprisingly better than San Antonio right now - but I was hoping for a second lottery pick as a Nets fan.

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 04:48 PM
the reason u guys are much tougher competition than nuggets is cuz of ur consistent defense (all initiated by ur great head coach rick carlisle)

Last year our defense wasn't great. Now were playing great defense thanks to Marion, Ross, and Dirks improved a lot on the defense end. Gooden has also surprised me and is doing a hell of a job actually playing defense and scoring. This team reminds me of the 06 team that Avery coached when defense was the priority, but I think were much deeper. In all honesty though I think were just one piece away from being on the same level as LA, but in the playoffs anything can happen and I have faith in my team.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Last year our defense wasn't great. Now were playing great defense thanks to Marion, Ross, and Dirks improved a lot on the defense end. Gooden has also surprised me and is doing a hell of a job actually playing defense and scoring. This team reminds me of the 06 team that Avery coached when defense was the priority, but I think were much deeper. In all honesty though I think were just one piece away from being on the same level as LA, but in the playoffs anything can happen and I have faith in my team.

jus curious, wut would that one piece be? wut do u think is the position u guys are lacking in the most?

Kleonidas
11-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Magic vs Denver

Magic

GodsSon
11-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Boston vs. LA in a re-match of the 08 finals...this time, LA evens the score

GSRaider
11-26-2009, 08:55 PM
west - Lakers
east - Boston

champs - Lakers

darkhorse's - Hawks, Nuggets, Mavs and Heat

belliard is god
11-26-2009, 08:59 PM
nuggets cavs

rapswin98
11-26-2009, 09:05 PM
lakers celtics. lakers win this time.

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 09:09 PM
agree with the posts above, boston makes it bak to the finals, but this time, lakeshow beat the crap outta them en route to a repeat.

iHop
11-26-2009, 09:42 PM
East - Cavs
West - Lakers
Champs - Lakers

Mavrix
11-26-2009, 09:46 PM
jus curious, wut would that one piece be? wut do u think is the position u guys are lacking in the most?

Center. I'd really like to see Kaman in a Mavs uni.