PDA

View Full Version : Hornets have 2 Rookies in NBA.com Rookie Rankings

Vinny642
11-26-2009, 01:25 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/11/24/rookie.rankings/index.html

4. Darren Collison

6. Marcus Thorton

I am feeling great we actually use our rookies and how well they are producing. Today Collison shut down Jennings, Thorton didn't do much but hey he done enough. This is why Byron Scott was fired!

BIGBREED
11-26-2009, 02:44 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/11/24/rookie.rankings/index.html

4. Darren Collison

6. Marcus Thorton

I am feeling great we actually use our rookies and how well they are producing. Today Collison shut down Jennings, Thorton didn't do much but hey he done enough. This is why Byron Scott was fired!

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING....."Our Rookies are great!"

Darren Collison dominated Brandon Jennings!

JDizzle
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
we are nasty.. Throton should be the starter.. I still think we should try and get rid of peterson/devin brown ... when paul comes back we will be nasty

iHop
11-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Our rookies are looking GREAT!, when collison hit that three yesterday I was jumping up and down in excitement.

Vinny642
11-26-2009, 10:52 PM
^^^
I screamed with one loud yell, "YEAH"

BIGBREED
11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
CHAPIN 78, what do you have to say NOW?

Let me say it....."THE ROOKIES ARE GREAT!"
-STOP being "Humble", its time for Hornets fans to be "Confident"
(don't give me that Cocky speech, bcuz there's a difference btween being Cocky and Confident)

[IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED]

Vinny642
11-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Thorton is making his way to one of my favorite players, he is my 5th favorite Hornet already...
1. Cp
2. West
3. Wright
4. Okafor
5. Thorton
6. Collison

Kakaroach
11-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Darren Collison got me 66 Pick One points against the Bucks, ohh yeahhh. These 2 rooks look promising.

saintdrew
11-27-2009, 06:30 PM
love the rooks also! finally we have a good backup behind cp3. unless some people want bobby brown running the court, i'd say we got a steal in the draft, especially with thronton.

so does anyone know why julian wright has had such a dramatic decrease in minutes since bower has taken over? coach scott had him starting now with bower wright is lucky to put in 10 min a game. i think the guy is a tremendous young talent that needs to be on the floor with the others.

Mckphins
11-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Wright keeps gettin given opportunities, andhe does nothing with them. I wouldnt be playing him much the way hes looked

Vinny642
11-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Wright had his chance, I dont think he had many scoring opportunities but it is what it is, he hustles though and thats what I like.

iHop
11-27-2009, 11:10 PM
I don't know about wright anymore, he looks like he has ALOT of potential but I have seen no improvement in his game.

BIGBREED
11-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Julien Wright is thinking to much out there on the court. He's nervous and lost out there. He's just not ready to be on the floor bcuz he doesn't have the CONFIDENCE that a Ball Player should have! He's a nervous wreck!

spacemandave
11-28-2009, 11:53 AM
i agree w vinny i think he hustled out there just didnt have too many opportunities to score(the whole team was lost first few games w BS) but pejas playing well(on offense) and poseys been hustling so he may have to wait his turn now...and the rookies are playing awesome...i bashed them and theyre proving me wrong, however, i think the real test is how one of these guys(collison or thornton) plays the 2 next to cp3.

Vinny642
11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
I think CP3 can make Thorton a really good player, I dont know if I want him starting though, maybe we can try it but he has been so good off the bench and Devin Brown has been handling the starting spot. I want to see us play some small ball, with Paul, Collison, and Thorton.

spacemandave
11-29-2009, 10:12 AM
i wanna see some small ball w those guys too, not many teams that can match up w that speed.

BIGBREED
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
The Hornets going small isn't the correct thing to do. Only in certain situations, we should go small!

Its all about match-ups,
-if we go small, they would go big to pound the paint inside and draw fouls
{The Hornets as a whole is a small basketball team}

We already have a good attacking system with the Inside/Outside game
- Penetration (CP3, Collison, B. Brown)
- Outside Shooting (Peja, Thornton)
- Points in the Paint (D. West, Okafor)

All I want to see is some "Good Basketball"!

Vinny642
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
http://vimeo.com/7846854

this video is informing

BIGBREED
11-29-2009, 11:31 PM
http://vimeo.com/7846854

this video is informing

VINNY, go back and look at that Thread i started, "The New Orleans Hornets Future Is Looking Bright"

...I posted the same things that where stated in that video.

GREAT FIND:clap:

saintdrew
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
that was actually a really cool video. kurt thomas always looks like a deer in headlights.

everything the guy mentioned was absolutely true. the offense we ran with no movement is something stojakovic can not produce in.

hopefully we don't center the whole offensive game planning around paul when he comes back.

i think the one factor i'm very happy with is how bower is playing our rooks. i'm excited about our team.

JDizzle
12-01-2009, 01:48 AM
hornets season is saved cause of these guys when paul comes back hornets will go on a streak of about 7-10 wins and get right back in the hunt... we should be 5th-8th seed in the playoffs this year

Chapin78
12-01-2009, 09:42 PM
CHAPIN 78, what do you have to say NOW?

Let me say it....."THE ROOKIES ARE GREAT!"
-STOP being "Humble", its time for Hornets fans to be "Confident"
(don't give me that Cocky speech, bcuz there's a difference btween being Cocky and Confident)

[IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED]

Damn Big B you didn't have to call me out brother! haha! I want the rooks to continue playing like they have been and get better. Who knows there ceiling??? Your right there "great" and really stepping up in there young careers.

Vinny642
12-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Where are all fans of the same team lets get along, :D
NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!

BIGBREED
12-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Damn Big B you didn't have to call me out brother! haha! I want the rooks to continue playing like they have been and get better. Who knows there ceiling??? Your right there "great" and really stepping up in there young careers.

I'm just excited bro! Last week, the Hornets were ranked 9th in the Western playoff race(even do its very early in the season)

Where are all fans of the same team lets get along, :D
NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!

We are getting along Vinny, we aren't fusing bro!

[NENO AND G-MONEY- WE ALL WE GOT!]

ballpd05
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
The rookies are great. We are missing a bigger body who can get to the hoop consistently though.

But I love the attacking style of play from the rookies. It is much needed.

Paul should help because in the last few games they could use that elite play maker... And Peja coming back will help, Bower has breathed the life into him once again.