PDA

View Full Version : How will you remember Allen Iverson?

m26555
11-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Regardless of the messy breakup he had with Detroit or the situation he was in in Memphis, when I think of Allen Iverson, I will always conjure up the image of him draining that corner jumper in game one of the 2001 Finals and staring down the Lakers' bench while stepping over Tyronn Lue. Say what you want about his attitude, but the guy was a warrior and was arguably the most dominant scorer, pound-for-pound, in the history of the game. The NBA will certainly miss The Answer.

abe_froman
11-26-2009, 01:20 AM
as one of my fav players,so electric to watch

i was really hoping he would have gotten a ring,he has to be near the top of guys who should have one but dont

what54!?
11-26-2009, 01:22 AM
yeah I'll remember him from stepping over tryonn lue too. That was funny

ZebraCity916
11-26-2009, 01:23 AM
One of the greatest players to never win a ring.

WhiteSoxGod
That was a hard one. I voted practice because to me he was ALWAYS a cancer, it didn't just pop up one day. He's always been an arrogant *******. Trust me the NBA is better off without him...again good riddance

ChiSox219
As one of the most entertaining players in NBA history.

Sad to see him fall off like this but I don't think it's over. He's still got something left, just not enough to play the role he believes he can. Getting no offers after being cut by the Grizzlies, at some point that will hit him and hopefully he realizes that he would be better off exception a bench role. He could do some serious damage as a 6th man for a contender, look what Jamal Crawford is doing with the Hawks, I'd say AI's about equal to JC.

theuuord
11-26-2009, 01:24 AM
As a guy who was an unbelievable entertainer, one of the most electric players ever to watch on hardwood, who revitalized basketball in Philadelphia, and was loved in a city known for hating its superstars.

KB24PG16
11-26-2009, 01:29 AM
by practice

Kakaroach
11-26-2009, 01:30 AM
Him stepping over Lue in the '01 Finals. That image of him will stay with me whenever someone says AI.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Unfortunately i will remember him as a cancer.
First thought is A.I. turned into a cancer.
I still like A.I. one of my favorite players.
Sad Day.

bosox3431
11-26-2009, 01:34 AM
the practice speach, but mainly because of this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I&feature=related

DallasMavsGuy
11-26-2009, 01:39 AM
I will remember trading for him in NBA live no matter what team i was playing. He's a bad example of how a player should act period, but he's a good example of how to be an offensive player.

BlondeBomber41
11-26-2009, 01:40 AM
As a chucker who was fun to watch but a guy I never wanted on my team.

ChiSox219
11-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Crossover on MJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJMi5lvQqq8

Toenail Clipper
11-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Here talkin' about practice, not a game!

TheWatcher34
11-26-2009, 01:50 AM
all u guys dont worry...he'll be back SOON

Hellcrooner
11-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Overated , extremely overated, overhyped, ball hog, bad team mate, bad person, beat his wife, locker room cancer, egoistic.

high volume scorer on bad percentages.

thats what ill remember.

sadly, if he had another kidn of personality and had cared to play pg and assist and not only shot and think bout himself he had all the tools to have been an isiaiah thomas part II

ink
11-26-2009, 01:57 AM
I will remember him as the unfortunate guy who got over-hyped by the league in their desperate attempt to find "the next MJ". He was never close to that caliber and it wasn't him that changed, but rather the league that moved on.

*Superman*
11-26-2009, 02:08 AM
I won't

abe_froman
11-26-2009, 02:09 AM
I will remember him as the unfortunate guy who got over-hyped by the league in their desperate attempt to find "the next MJ". He was never close to that caliber and it wasn't him that changed, but rather the league that moved on.

he was never tagged as one of the "next mj's"

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:14 AM
he's like THE ROCK of the NBA...one of, if not...THE MOST ELECTRIFYING BALLA IN NBA HISTORY!

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:16 AM

but he was the guy expected to carry the torch after MJ left, but Kobe quickly took that torch away from AI before he could even have an opportunity to touch it.

_KB24_
11-26-2009, 02:22 AM
I will remember him as the Greatest Little Man to ever play the game...:sad2:

theducksmuggler
11-26-2009, 02:24 AM
i was 12 when the 76ers made the playoffs and i literally was such i big fan i shaved 76ers in my head haha i was a huge fan of iverson and i idolized him after he stepped over tyrone lue

theuuord
11-26-2009, 02:24 AM
Overated , extremely overated, overhyped, ball hog, bad team mate, bad person, beat his wife, locker room cancer, egoistic.

high volume scorer on bad percentages.

thats what ill remember.

sadly, if he had another kidn of personality and had cared to play pg and assist and not only shot and think bout himself he had all the tools to have been an isiaiah thomas part II

what would you think of him had he been born in Madrid?

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 02:26 AM

:laugh:

papirico52
11-26-2009, 02:28 AM
Best crossover ever :(

Jonathan2323
11-26-2009, 02:30 AM
i'll remember AI as a great player. 1st ballot HOFer

abe_froman
11-26-2009, 02:32 AM
but he was the guy expected to carry the torch after MJ left, but Kobe quickly took that torch away from AI before he could even have an opportunity to touch it.

yeah that is true,he was expected/hyped to be greater than he was

SteveNash
11-26-2009, 02:35 AM

Underrated , extremely underrated, underhyped, elite ball distributor, great team mate, great person, taught his wife lessons to improve her as a person, locker room leader, humble.

high volume scorer on great percentages.

thats what ill remember.

Luckily, he had a great kind of personality and had he limited himself to play pg and assist and not only shot and think bout the team he would have just been an isiaiah thomas part II instead of the GOAT that he became, passing Wilt, Michael and Kobe.

BenFrank
11-26-2009, 02:36 AM
I voted other.. 2 me.. his best moment in his career, was when he made MJ look stupid.. and pretty much changed the game...

I will think of A.I. as the best little man, to ever play the game.. his resume speaks for itself, the guy was a warrior.. and i kinda understand him in a certain extent.. I hope he get some piece in his life, and except a bench role, for a contender, like boston, cleveland, or maybe even L.A. I just want to see him get a ring, he's one of those guy's who deserve's atleast 1

ink
11-26-2009, 02:37 AM

He sure as hell was. It was absurd.

abe_froman
11-26-2009, 02:39 AM
He sure as hell was. It was absurd.

show me,never saw anything that him tagged as part of the group

SeoulBeatz
11-26-2009, 02:41 AM
Im sorry in advance for the billionth a.i thread in the last 3 hours but after reading some of these ignorant posts a Sixers fan had to say something haha.

if ur a hater, please read. i know its long so i wont get offended if u dont lol.

Let me say first that A.I is the reason I started playing and watching basketball. I was 7 when he was drafted in '96 and I've been watching him and the sixers ever since.

I know all the common sayings about iverson.

"he's selfish"
"he doesn't practice"
"he's a cancer"
"he only cares about his stats, not about winning"

and to be honest, if I wasn't a Sixers fan and didn't get to see Iverson play every game and only saw the way he was portrayed by the media then I would probably feel the same way. I completely understand.

But I have met Iverson in person and he was incredibly nice to both me and my friends and signed a jersey even after a tough loss against indy in 02. I've seen him play first hand about 20 times, and have only missed a few sixers games on tv in the past 10 years.

And to be honest, I've never seen anyone play harder on a basketball court in my entire life. The whole city of Philly saw that too and we were near the top in attendance in the league for every year he was here. To reiterate his importance to the city, the Sixers are currently dead last in the league in attendance just 3 years after his departure.

People think A.I is selfish, but here's a video of A.I crying talking about his scholarship fund. I suggest u watch the whole thing because he speaks the truth! The dude is a human too lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZykFbXQOYro

They also think he's selfish on the court, but this is from the common misconception that people make that Iverson was a point guard.

That is not the case, he came into the league strictly as a shooting guard because his skill set best suited a shooting guard.

And he was a damn good shooting guard and for the record averages more assists per game for career than Kobe, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Brandon Roy.

You rarely hear about most of those SG's listed as being too selfish.

Why is that?

Well, Iverson never really had the best rep. He struggled with criminal charges when he came into the league and his "thuggish" appearance didnt help too much either.

He made that mistake, and even I will acknowledge he was immature when he came into the league. All those other players had a cleaner image from the get-go and that was Iverson's fault, he knew that, and he grew from it.

That whole practice debacle pretty much compounded his image into the minds of every NBA fan OUTSIDE of philly.

From personal experience I went to Sixers practices and A.I was always there first. Don't get it twisted, the guy loved to play. People say he's lazy but then how could he lead the NBA in minutes per game for 3 years?? He would throw his body around the court like no one I have ever seen and would dive for loose balls and hustle his *** off.

He's the little guy, the underdog, and Philly loves the underdog (Rocky anyone?)

HE grew up in his time in Philly and we embraced him because he didn't want anything but to win.

philly loves the guy, if u dont believe me check the video of his return to philly.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU

Thats the thing people most greatly misunderstand about iverson and its also the reason he is retiring right now.

He DOES care about winning. Read his interviews, he always says that winning a championship is his number 1 goal. And iverson's whole life, he was the man who could carry his team to the top. He's a SG, a SCORER, pure and simple, and a unique one at that because he's a little guy.

Hence the reason why he can't find a job now. He has to be the man. Some call it his ego and I agree, he has an ego. If i was a former MVP I would probably have an ego too. BUT he is not arrogant. He's simply a leader and he still feels he can play 48 minutes a game and he doesn't want to waste away when he knows he can be contributing somewhere.

So instead of rotting on the bench he chose family over basketball. And I completely respect that. I'm still young, but I understand the importance of family and he's got kids to take care of. I think it's the most mature decision he could have made.

Interpret it however you want, I can't blame you, because I know you haven't seen the Iverson play the way I did.

That run to the 01 finals was the most fun I had watching sports. He took a starting 5 of Eric Snow, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, and Mutumbo to the NBA finals and even scored 50 in a game one against the unbeatable/PRIME tandem of Kobe and Shaq.

If that's not an incredible feat of leadership than I don't know what is.

Yes I'm a homer, please feel free to bash, I'm just sad that he's retiring and I just think he should get a little more respect than he does on this site.

3rd in NBA History behind Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan in Points Per Game, all 6'0 165 of him.

If you forgot what he could do on the court WATCH THE VID

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4569385/12234685

ink
11-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Im sorry in advance for the billionth a.i thread in the last 3 hours but after reading some of these ignorant posts a Sixers fan had to say something haha.

It's a good post but it doesn't need its own thread when there's already a "how will you remember AI" thread.

ink
11-26-2009, 02:49 AM
show me,never saw anything that him tagged as part of the group

That was 10 years ago. I doubt I can find the articles online anymore. I read a ton of them at the time and the announcers for NBA games were talking about it all the time. He was over-hyped to be the prime post-MJ player then, starting from about 98 on and peaking around 2001-02. I thought it was undeserved then and still think the same thing now. He was never close to MJ except in terms of NBA marketing hype. To be honest I think he was a victim of the NBA's desperation after MJ retired.

SeoulBeatz
11-26-2009, 02:51 AM
It's a good post but it doesn't need its own thread when there's already a "how will you remember AI" thread.

haha ****in a man, all that effort for nothing.

abe_froman
11-26-2009, 02:52 AM
That was 10 years ago. I doubt I can find the articles online anymore. I read a ton of them at the time and the announcers for NBA games were talking about it all the time. He was over-hyped to be the prime post-MJ player at the time, starting from about 98 on and peaking around 2001-02.

no i dont dispute that he was overhyped and tagged with the premiere post mj player

i'm talking the "next mj's"(hill,penny,kobe,minor,cater,james,ect.),and have never seen anything where he got that tag

ProdigyI
11-26-2009, 02:55 AM
Think this is the end for AI? Think again IMO.

The only reason this guy retired is because of the "domino effect" I like to call it. Exhibit A says something, then the other person will say it and so on It's funny because ive actually seen the domino effect in forums too. Someone will make a statement, and then you will have 3 or 4 people that will agree with him in a row, then somebody will disagree, and youll have 3 or 4 ppl with disagree statements after that. It's actually quite funny.

Anyways, Exhibit A is the media IMO. Once the media got a hold of Iverson being a "cancer" in Detroit, the domino effect began and it spread like wildfire. The only thing you thought of Iverson was "cancer" because that's the image that was going around. If you disagreed, you would be a minority, and let's face it, nobody wants to be a minority.

So, here's how it is IMO. Iverson WILL be back. The only reason he's going to retire for right now is because the "domino effect" is in full swing and it's a very hot topic right now with Iverson. No team in the NBA wants to take on the media scruitny that's going to come with signing Iverson.

So if you're Iverson's agent or PR man, what do you tell him? Retire, stay out of the spotlight for a while, let the media focus their attention elsewhere and let them forget about you. Once all the circus media of Iverson is gone and focused elsewhere, teams will come looking for Iverson. MARK MY WORDS. Next season, when almost everybody has forgotten about AI, there will be a smart contending team who will give him a phone call and ask him to come play with them and help get them a ring. Mark my words, it will happen. This guy has way to much left in the tank for this to be his first and final retirement.

theuuord
Underrated , extremely underrated, underhyped, elite ball distributor, great team mate, great person, taught his wife lessons to improve her as a person, locker room leader, humble.

high volume scorer on great percentages.

thats what ill remember.

Luckily, he had a great kind of personality and had he limited himself to play pg and assist and not only shot and think bout the team he would have just been an isiaiah thomas part II instead of the GOAT that he became, passing Wilt, Michael and Kobe.

nice.

ink
Think this is the end for AI? Think again IMO.

The only reason this guy retired is because of the "domino effect" I like to call it. Exhibit A says something, then the other person will say it and so on It's funny because ive actually seen the domino effect in forums too. Someone will make a statement, and then you will have 3 or 4 people that will agree with him in a row, then somebody will disagree, and youll have 3 or 4 ppl with disagree statements after that. It's actually quite funny.

Anyways, Exhibit A is the media IMO. Once the media got a hold of Iverson being a "cancer" in Detroit, the domino effect began and it spread like wildfire. The only thing you thought of Iverson was "cancer" because that's the image that was going around. If you disagreed, you would be a minority, and let's face it, nobody wants to be a minority.

So, here's how it is IMO. Iverson WILL be back. The only reason he's going to retire for right now is because the "domino effect" is in full swing and it's a very hot topic right now with Iverson. No team in the NBA wants to take on the media scruitny that's going to come with signing Iverson.

So if you're Iverson's agent or PR man, what do you tell him? Retire, stay out of the spotlight for a while, let the media focus their attention elsewhere and let them forget about you. Once all the circus media of Iverson is gone and focused elsewhere, teams will come looking for Iverson. MARK MY WORDS. Next season, when almost everybody has forgotten about AI, there will be a smart contending team who will give him a phone call and ask him to come play with them and help get them a ring. Mark my words, it will happen. This guy has way to much left in the tank for this to be his first and final retirement.

Thank you.

GoatMilk
11-26-2009, 02:56 AM
my thoughts on AI: meh.

I was never a fan. So his retiring is whatever for me.
Not hating the guy, just dont care.

I dont care about Michael Doleac either

ink
11-26-2009, 02:58 AM
haha ****in a man, all that effort for nothing.

It's not for nothing. People can still read it. Any AI fan can check this thread. About a week ago we had an insane number of AI threads when everyone was speculating on where he was going. Now that he's retiring (at least temporarily) we're seeing the same thing and this thread can be the place to post about him.

SeoulBeatz
11-26-2009, 03:05 AM

hahahah

SteveNash
11-26-2009, 03:10 AM
And to be honest, I've never seen anyone play harder on a basketball court in my entire life. The whole city of Philly saw that too and we were near the top in attendance in the league for every year he was here. To reiterate his importance to the city, the Sixers are currently dead last in the league in attendance just 3 years after his departure.

AI plays hard when the lights are on, doesn't want to put in the hard work practicing. Doesn't want to fit in with the team, wants the spotlight to be on him, that's why he's retired, a good team would have easily signed him if he wasn't so SELFISH.

People think A.I is selfish, but here's a video of A.I crying talking about his scholarship fund. I suggest u watch the whole thing because he speaks the truth! The dude is a human too lol.

AI was crying because he knew his career was almost over.

They also think he's selfish on the court, but this is from the common misconception that people make that Iverson was a point guard.

That is not the case, he came into the league strictly as a shooting guard because his skill set best suited a shooting guard.

AI came into the league as a point guard. He didn't last as a PG because he was too SELFISH to run the point. He had enough talent to be a good PG, he chose to be a terrible SG because all he cared about was scoring.

And he was a damn good shooting guard and for the record averages more assists per game for career than Kobe, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Brandon Roy.

And averaged more turnovers then all of them.

Why is that?

Because people watch the game, people watch AI's SELFISHNESS HOG THE BALL.

Well, Iverson never really had the best rep. He struggled with criminal charges when he came into the league and his "thuggish" appearance didnt help too much either.

He made that mistake, and even I will acknowledge he was immature when he came into the league. All those other players had a cleaner image from the get-go and that was Iverson's fault, he knew that, and he grew from it.

That whole practice debacle pretty much compounded his image into the minds of every NBA fan OUTSIDE of philly.

Iverson is still just as immature as the day he entered the league, the guy just does not get it.

From personal experience I went to Sixers practices and A.I was always there first. Don't get it twisted, the guy loved to play. People say he's lazy but then how could he lead the NBA in minutes per game for 3 years?? He would throw his body around the court like no one I have ever seen and would dive for loose balls and hustle his *** off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

He played so many minutes because every minute he didn't play was a minute he couldn't score a basket or have the spotlight shine on him, that's why he can't take a lesser role now, it's all about him.

He's the little guy, the underdog, and Philly loves the underdog (Rocky anyone?)

HE grew up in his time in Philly and we embraced him because he didn't want anything but to win.

philly loves the guy, if u dont believe me check the video of his return to philly.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNcY-xn65rU

Philadelphia is in opposite land where the cheer bad players and boo Santa.

He DOES care about winning. Read his interviews, he always says that winning a championship is his number 1 goal. And iverson's whole life, he was the man who could carry his team to the top. He's a SG, a SCORER, pure and simple, and a unique one at that because he's a little guy.

Winning a championship comes second to Iverson's person stats. He's a SELFISH player who puts himself in front of a championship. Sure he'd like to win a championship, but he doesn't make the sacrifices necessary to win one.

Hence the reason why he can't find a job now. He has to be the man. Some call it his ego and I agree, he has an ego. If i was a former MVP I would probably have an ego too. BUT he is not arrogant. He's simply a leader and he still feels he can play 48 minutes a game and he doesn't want to waste away when he knows he can be contributing somewhere.

He can't contribute anywhere. He gets outplayed by scrubs these days. The only reason he got playing time was because of his name, fooling people into believing he still had something.

That run to the 01 finals was the most fun I had watching sports. He took a starting 5 of Eric Snow, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, and Mutumbo to the NBA finals and even scored 50 in a game one against the unbeatable/PRIME tandem of Kobe and Shaq.

They lead him to the Finals, not the other way around.

3rd in NBA History behind Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan in Points Per Game, all 6'0 165 of him.

1,875 in career FG%.

ink
11-26-2009, 03:15 AM
no i dont dispute that he was overhyped and tagged with the premiere post mj player

i'm talking the "next mj's"(hill,penny,kobe,minor,cater,james,ect.),and have never seen anything where he got that tag

This kind of nonsense (http://blog.mlive.com/its-just-sports/2009/10/allen_iverson_is_the_closest_t.html). It was commonplace 10 years ago. "AI, the next MJ". Unfair to both of them. Anyway, just hoping the hype is finally over.

asmarks18
11-26-2009, 03:17 AM
Not a game, PRACTICE!

asmarks18
11-26-2009, 03:19 AM
Seriously though. I'll remember him from the early 2000's dropping 30 every game like it was nothing. He was sure fun to watch. Shame his pride is getting in the way of him playing another 4 or 5 years. If he would tone down the tude and accept a support role he would have almost every team wanting him.

theuuord
11-26-2009, 03:24 AM
This kind of nonsense (http://blog.mlive.com/its-just-sports/2009/10/allen_iverson_is_the_closest_t.html). It was commonplace 10 years ago. "AI, the next MJ". Unfair to both of them. Anyway, just hoping the hype is finally over.

did you read that article? it's actually fairly critical of Iverson and makes a lot of good points.

ink
11-26-2009, 03:25 AM
Seriously though. I'll remember him from the early 2000's dropping 30 every game like it was nothing. He was sure fun to watch. Shame his pride is getting in the way of him playing another 4 or 5 years. If he would tone down the tude and accept a support role he would have almost every team wanting him.

Accepting a support role would mean that he knew how to play a team game. That's exactly the problem. All his protests do is prove that he is covering for his inability to mesh with other players.

ink
11-26-2009, 03:26 AM
did you read that article? it's actually fairly critical of Iverson and makes a lot of good points.

My point is that it was commonplace a decade ago to call him the next MJ. The article is from this year and he's playing on that theme. Yes, I understand that he's fairly critical.

The_Mac22
11-26-2009, 03:41 AM
I will remember him as a ****ing beast.

abe_froman
11-26-2009, 03:46 AM

and if Iverson was about 6-foot-5, those meaningless conversations about the "next Jordan" that we've had over the last 20 years would've had a much stronger contender

which is what i was saying,that he didnt get the tag because he didnt meet the physical requirements

championships
11-26-2009, 03:52 AM
I'll remember the speech and the beatdown the Lakers gave him in the finals, Yeah he won the first game but then lost 4 in a row.

bigvdebo86
11-26-2009, 04:07 AM
He is without a doubt the best little man ever and its a damn shame how the media ran him the league

_KB24_
11-26-2009, 04:16 AM

LOL! :laugh:

AHAHAHA POST OF THE YEAR MY MAN! :clap:

Hellcrooner
11-26-2009, 04:22 AM
he would probably would be working on contrusction now.

since in the youth schemes of teams in europe coache sook for the compelte package, court vision, pasing, understand9ng of the game, iq, team play etc.

Aguy that thinks only bout himself and his numbers and taht only cares to shoot does not get far here.

Hellcrooner
11-26-2009, 04:27 AM
and to end any argue bout whq ti just said.

jsut check jennings stats in europe last year and how few minutes he played.

euro coaches dont like ballhogs thats how things work here.

Oh did i mention Jennings is the next uberballhog overhyped thing?

God save Jason Kidd

WhiteSoxGod
11-26-2009, 04:33 AM

if ur a hater, please read. i know its long so i wont get offended if u dont lol.

Let me say first that A.I is the reason I started playing and watching basketball. I was 7 when he was drafted in '96 and I've been watching him and the sixers ever since.

I know all the common sayings about iverson.

"he's selfish"
"he doesn't practice"
"he's a cancer"
"he only cares about his stats, not about winning"

and to be honest, if I wasn't a Sixers fan and didn't get to see Iverson play every game and only saw the way he was portrayed by the media then I would probably feel the same way. I completely understand.

But I have met Iverson in person and he was incredibly nice to both me and my friends and signed a jersey even after a tough loss against indy in 02. I've seen him play first hand about 20 times, and have only missed a few sixers games on tv in the past 10 years.

Why is that?

Thats the thing people most greatly misunderstand about iverson and its also the reason he is retiring right now.

So instead of rotting on the bench he chose family over basketball. And I completely respect that. I'm still young, but I understand the importance of family and he's got kids to take care of. I think it's the most mature decision he could have made.

Interpret it however you want, I can't blame you, because I know you haven't seen the Iverson play the way I did.

Yes I'm a homer, please feel free to bash, I'm just sad that he's retiring and I just think he should get a little more respect than he does on this site.

If you forgot what he could do on the court WATCH THE VID

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4569385/12234685

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

AI plays hard when the lights are on, doesn't want to put in the hard work practicing. Doesn't want to fit in with the team, wants the spotlight to be on him, that's why he's retired, a good team would have easily signed him if he wasn't so SELFISH.

AI was crying because he knew his career was almost over.

AI came into the league as a point guard. He didn't last as a PG because he was too SELFISH to run the point. He had enough talent to be a good PG, he chose to be a terrible SG because all he cared about was scoring.

And averaged more turnovers then all of them.

Because people watch the game, people watch AI's SELFISHNESS HOG THE BALL.

Iverson is still just as immature as the day he entered the league, the guy just does not get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

He played so many minutes because every minute he didn't play was a minute he couldn't score a basket or have the spotlight shine on him, that's why he can't take a lesser role now, it's all about him.

Philadelphia is in opposite land where the cheer bad players and boo Santa.

Winning a championship comes second to Iverson's person stats. He's a SELFISH player who puts himself in front of a championship. Sure he'd like to win a championship, but he doesn't make the sacrifices necessary to win one.

He can't contribute anywhere. He gets outplayed by scrubs these days. The only reason he got playing time was because of his name, fooling people into believing he still had something.

They lead him to the Finals, not the other way around.

1,875 in career FG%.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

since in the youth schemes of teams in europe coache sook for the compelte package, court vision, pasing, understand9ng of the game, iq, team play etc.

Aguy that thinks only bout himself and his numbers and taht only cares to shoot does not get far here.

Yeah people like to celebrate thugs here in the U.S. especially in Philly. If they can play sports or are celebrities they can get away with anything. Yeah he should be working construction here....in a chain gang. What a shocker a sixers fans loves the guy...LOL. Iverson is a disease on basketball and on society. He is a wife beating narcissistic thug. The guy might have had some skills but wasted it with his poor behavior on and off the court. Plus his shooting % was pathetic. Sure the little man had a cross over but who cares if the guy is a piece of ****. Where was his tears when he was beating up women??? Regardless of his ignorant behavior off the court his selfishness and piss poor attitude on the court should probably stop him from getting into the hall of fame not that he was deserving anyway. I don't care if you Iverson lovers want to talk **** about me because nothing changes the fact Iverson is scum and I'M ECSTATIC HIS CAREER ENDED THE WAY IT DID IN SHAME AND EMBARRASSMENT.

theuuord
11-26-2009, 04:47 AM

that answer wasn't even close to my question.
let me try again.
if he had been the exact same player in the NBA that he was, but he was born in Madrid, what would you think of him?

Hellcrooner
11-26-2009, 05:09 AM
as i told i t woudl enver hqpe nbecause he wouldnt have getting out of yout schemes n spain.

but if for some miracle such a spanish player existed he would have had aot of troubel on nba and coaches woudlnt have 'layed him a single minute since american coaches alwasy find an excuse to undervalue players from outside.

if an euro cant defend he does not play cause he does not deffend

if an american cant deffend its ok he makes up for it scoring.

thts how it works

but answering your question "as is"
i wudk say teh exatc same thing.

do you know whats the player i like less in spanish national team?

Felipe Reyes.

why? because he is a black hole, when the ball gets in his hands it dissapears.

adamsison
11-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Ill remember him as the guy who made me play basketball.. who re-invented the cross over. who made me believe that height doesnt mean anything in basketball.

toughest guy ever to play basketball.

rocky4104
11-26-2009, 05:28 AM
stepping over Lue after a basket - man that was special

B.JenningsMVP
11-26-2009, 05:56 AM
Crossing jordan over!

Where's KG?
11-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Crossing jordan over!
x2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA crossing Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es&feature=related sick dunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA tyronne lue

Much love to A1. Ill never forget the "Practice" speech.
Never forget the 76ers years.
You had your personal moments.....if people dont like ya...meh it happens...
Thanks for the memories
:clap:

knickfan4life
11-26-2009, 06:42 AM
AI is the BEST player to play the game of basketball who is 6'5'' or below.... easily... that man took a GARBaGE sixers team to the finals single handidly and the knicks are a bunch or SHYT HEADS ryt now for not signing him, he wud have gotten us to the playoffs if not, he wuda made us significant... a shame this superstar goes out with such disrespect shown to him, even tho he is nowhere NEaR being finished

bigsams50
11-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Crossing jordan over!

When i think of Iverson its his Philly days. Nothing else

DeShaun Brown
11-26-2009, 06:58 AM
:facepalm:As a baby, crying and quitting because no-one will let him start. He's the kid who takes his ball and goes home because he didn't get his way, leaving everyone on the court without a ball to play with. He's only hurting himself. He needs to swallow his pride, man-up, and grow-up because there is no reason that his career should be over this soon when guys like Juwan Howard, Lindsey Hunter, and Kevin Ollie are still playing. It really is a shame.:sad2:

Where's KG?
11-26-2009, 07:05 AM
:facepalm:As a baby, crying and quitting because no-one will let him start. He's the kid who takes his ball and goes home because he didn't get his way, leaving everyone on the court without a ball to play with. He's only hurting himself. He needs to swallow his pride, man-up, and grow-up because there is no reason that his career should be over this soon when guys like Juwan Howard, Lindsey Hunter, and Kevin Ollie are still playing. It really is a shame.:sad2:

I understand not liking his attitude......But to ever put players like Howard, Hunter, and Ollie anywhere near the same level as A1? He worked harder in a season than most of them did in a career. At least respect what he's done.

kikeyanez
11-26-2009, 07:36 AM
the cavas really need to sign a.i

rocky4104
11-26-2009, 07:38 AM
yea he hates practice.....

but when it's gametime, he works harder than anyone on the court

Philly76
11-26-2009, 08:21 AM
The guy that made me get up every night sixers play at 1 am (im in europe) to cheer for that team!

The guy who is 100% heart!

The guy who invented the sleeve!

You'll never be forggoten AI!

Allen Iverson #3 Philadelphia 76ers 4ever!

PennyMy#1
11-26-2009, 08:23 AM
As a unique basketball player.

mmstang95
11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
I'll always remember him as a selfish sixer. If the man ever learned how to pass the ball to the open guy(how hard is that...really?) he would have been considered one of the greatest. But since he was so selfish he just an ******* now.

JordansBulls
11-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Regardless of the messy breakup he had with Detroit or the situation he was in in Memphis, when I think of Allen Iverson, I will always conjure up the image of him draining that corner jumper in game one of the 2001 Finals and staring down the Lakers' bench while stepping over Tyronn Lue. Say what you want about his attitude, but the guy was a warrior and was arguably the most dominant scorer, pound-for-pound, in the history of the game. The NBA will certainly miss The Answer.

2nd all time in playoff ppg. 2nd guy in history to score 50+ in the same playoff series. 1 of 3 players to score 40+ in a playoff year 7x.

Winning every series he has had HCA in. Only 4-0 though.

FlakeyFool
11-26-2009, 10:29 AM
a warrior

Kobe2324
11-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Although hes always been my 2nd favorite player behind Kobe I cant help but feel disapointed... I would like to say im gonna remember him for his great playoff run in his MVP season, or the jumper over Lue in the finals but I cant...I will remember him as the guy that couldnt even put his ego aside for 2 seconds and be a key contributor to a team that had a chance of winning. I think it speaks volume of what Iverson was really about. I hate to say it and it's a shame.

cHi8DaL5LA420
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
once was the best (in college) never lived to his potential in the nba... he was more about himself than the team it was kind of sad to watch

arkanian215
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
bye bye. you guys can vouch for him but im not gonna have a sleepless night over his retirement.

arkanian215
11-26-2009, 11:53 AM
he wouldnt be as good. it's his ego that made him the player he was.

Ray_R
11-26-2009, 12:01 PM
As a guy who was an unbelievable entertainer, one of the most electric players ever to watch on hardwood, who revitalized basketball in Philadelphia, and was loved in a city known for hating its superstars.

Put That Inthe POLL :hi5:

ink
11-26-2009, 12:09 PM

Good answer actually, and I think you're right. He wouldn't have gotten anywhere because it's not an ISO game in Europe.

ink
11-26-2009, 12:14 PM
which is what i was saying,that he didnt get the tag because he didnt meet the physical requirements

:confused: I don't see how what you quoted proves what you said. All it really said was that the "next Jordan" crap was meaningless. We already know that. But it doesn't change the fact that they labelled him that way again and again, especially between 98-02. The Jordan era was unique. I don't even want to see it repeated. The game has changed and moved on. Basketball was actually a better sport in the 80's when the Lakers and Celtics were fighting it out all the time anyway.

Statik1
11-26-2009, 12:15 PM
No "I" in team but "I" in A.I

Kakaroach
11-26-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm surprised at all the hate Iverson is getting, its a little sad. But he will be remembered as one of the best little men to ever play.

toisdabest81
11-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Hes one of the best players in NBA history easily. Def remembering him for stepping over Lue. Ima miss you AI

ink
11-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm surprised at all the hate Iverson is getting, its a little sad. But he will be remembered as one of the best little men to ever play.

Part of it is that the big egos in pro sports are getting less and less acceptable. The other part is that some of us really like the team game and can't stand watching someone spend their whole career not learning how to play a team game. i.e. that's what they do in practice. We all know AI doesn't need to practice his cross-over, but if he'd been there he might have learned how to defend with his teammates, or how to run plays FOR his teammates.

Draco
11-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Corn rows.

JJ_JKidd
11-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Warrior. Plays a game night in night out 129% with injuries :clap: Plays a game like its his last :clap:

Chronz
11-26-2009, 01:22 PM
Ill remember him as a guy who played his best years when few appreciated it, and got WAY too much pub as a guy with the best team in the conference suddenly turning into a bunch of scrubs whom AI had to "Carry" to get to the Finals, yet somehow going from that kind of transformation was unable to get his teams into the playoffs shortly thereafter. Unless your trying to say all those years in his prime he wasnt actually a better player, there is no way he willed that team as much as you think.

King P
11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
A great player, despite his small size. He could score at will. One of the greatest scorers ever.

My problem with him was that he had a street ball mentality. It seemed like he cared more about showing off and embarrassing his opponents rather than winning games.

m26555
11-26-2009, 02:32 PM
he wouldnt be as good. it's his ego that made him the player he was.
That made absolutely no sense.

Sportfan
11-26-2009, 04:13 PM
"Fake" retirement

SeoulBeatz
11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
A great player, despite his small size. He could score at will. One of the greatest scorers ever.

My problem with him was that he had a street ball mentality. It seemed like he cared more about showing off and embarrassing his opponents rather than winning games.

:facepalm:

WhatdoYouthink?
11-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Simple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibEg_OGEVhE

Ni55anpat
11-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Another A.I thread - haters

King P
11-26-2009, 11:06 PM
:facepalm:
???

Jaji
11-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Inch for inch: the best player I have ever seen.

Jaji
11-26-2009, 11:15 PM
???

Why would you say he didn't care about winning? Did you not watch him carry his garbage Sixers team to the Finals on his back?

ko8e24
11-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Inch for inch: the best player I have ever seen.

that, and the "pound for pound" are all cliches. yall can't come up wid something better??

King P
Why would you say he didn't care about winning? Did you not watch him carry his garbage Sixers team to the Finals on his back?
i'm not saying he didn't care about winning. but it just seemed like Iverson, Rafer Alston, & Jason Williams cared so much and tried so much to embarass their defenders and show off, it just seemed like winning was an afterthought to them.

ko8e24

:confused: how so?

NYMetros
11-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Sad that people will most likely associate baggy clothes, tattoos, and a non-chalaunt (sp?) attitude with him. I think he will go down as one of the more underrated players in NBA history, personally. IMO he's one of the greatest players of alltime, but his hip hop persona will get in the way of his accomplishments for many.

King P
11-26-2009, 11:27 PM
:confused: how so?
If he cared so much about winning, why didnt he go to championship contending team? Why didnt he want to come off the bench. He could have sacrificed playing minutes for a shot at a championship. But he didnt. He insisted on starting, even if it meant for a garbage team. That shows you how much he cares about winning. He would rather be the man of a team and show off and show everybody how great he is (which we already know, so it's pointless). He was a showoff, and the way he played on the court just made it seem like he was trying too hard to make players on the opposing team look bad.

Jaji
11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
that, and the "pound for pound" are all cliches. yall can't come up wid something better??

Why? It reflected my sentiment perfectly.

barreleffact
11-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Practice...practice??? lol...thats how ill remember him. a GOOD player. not elite. He was an amazing scorer but just wasnt efficient and his defense wasnt elite. He was Ghetto fabulous. He had this hood mentality. He gave his all and wanted to win at all costs but he wanted it his way, and he wasnt about to conform for anyone. He put himself above the team and everyone else. He couldnt win as a number one man, thats fine. most people cant. However, he has a chance to win as a role player and cant accept that any elite team wont start him. For AI to go from a max player to vets min and now waived...thats telling to me. It should be a message to a lot of people. And yes! his ego made him as gud as he is. It made him go out there and showboat,it gave him drive, it made him ensure he was better than you so he could sleepat night. Just like jordan. if MJ ddnt have that ego, he wouldnt have been as gud. he said so himself. AI just didnt have the body to match his ego.

ManRam
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM
The greatest scoring little man ever. Reinvented the crossover. The toughest player ever. The guy who played with more heart than anyone I've ever seen. The most exciting player of his generation.

Jaji
11-26-2009, 11:33 PM
i'm not saying he didn't care about winning. but it just seemed like Iverson, Rafer Alston, & Jason Williams cared so much and tried so much to embarass their defenders and show off, it just seemed like winning was an afterthought to them.

AI is not even in a class with Jason Williams and Skip To My Lou. AI is a surefire future HOFer. If he embarrassed many, many defenders on the way, so be it. But that doesn't mean winning was an afterthought. He single handedly kept the Sixers in contention every year, no matter what. He was a proven winner.

King P
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Rafer Alston is another one I can't wait for to go. He definitely has a streetball mentality. Why do you think he slapped Eddie House last year in the playoffs? Because Eddie House was shooting countless shots in his face and making them. On the playground, when you get crossed over or people make shots right in your face, people point and laugh at you and go "oooooh look what he did to you!!!". So Alston felt he had to retaliate for House making him look like a fool. Any regular player would have just shook it off and not cared. They would have continued to play and forget about it. Also all his crossovers just screamed showoff.

That's the problem with the NBA today. You have people like Iverson, Alston, and countless of other players who have this streetball mentality. You don't have to go out every night and showoff and try to embarrass other players. Just go out and play. And you don't have to retaliate when somebody crosses you over or shoots a jumper in your face. Just shake it off and keep playing. People like those guys are what gives the NBA a bad name and why David Stern feels he has to step in and make the NBA look classier.

allvalleychamp
11-26-2009, 11:36 PM
best under 6' player ever...best pound for pound

Raps18-19 Champ
11-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Eliminating the Raptors.

Jaji
11-26-2009, 11:38 PM
If he cared so much about winning, why didnt he go to championship contending team? Why didnt he want to come off the bench. He could have sacrificed playing minutes for a shot at a championship. But he didnt. He insisted on starting, even if it meant for a garbage team. That shows you how much he cares about winning. He would rather be the man of a team and show off and show everybody how great he is (which we already know, so it's pointless). He was a showoff, and the way he played on the court just made it seem like he was trying too hard to make players on the opposing team look bad.

Let's see. He was drafted by Philly, not much say there. And he did turn them into title contenders. Then he got traded to Denver. Not much say in that either. So IDK what you mean by "why didn't he go to a championship contender?"

If you're referring to this year, maybe there were no offers. A guy like Iverson should be starting in this league. I know a couple playoff teams he could be starting for. It really makes no sense for Memphis to bring him off the bench. I could see Boston or a contender but Memphis? By putting AI on the bench that basically says "We know we're not gonna win this year so why try?" Why would you put your best player on the bench and start a bunch of youngsters? Not to take anything from Mayo and Conley but like I said, AI is a HOFer. You don't bench him for the youngsters until the playoffs are out of reach. By doing that you're basically giving up. AI obviously felt he could help that team win, so there goes the whole "doesn't care about winning" argument.

Jaji
11-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Rafer Alston is another one I can't wait for to go. He definitely has a streetball mentality. Why do you think he slapped Eddie House last year in the playoffs? Because Eddie House was shooting countless shots in his face and making them. On the playground, when you get crossed over or people make shots right in your face, people point and laugh at you and go "oooooh look what he did to you!!!". So Alston felt he had to retaliate for House making him look like a fool. Any regular player would have just shook it off and not cared. They would have continued to play and forget about it. Also all his crossovers just screamed showoff.

That's the problem with the NBA today. You have people like Iverson, Alston, and countless of other players who have this streetball mentality. You don't have to go out every night and showoff and try to embarrass other players. Just go out and play. And you don't have to retaliate when somebody crosses you over or shoots a jumper in your face. Just shake it off and keep playing. People like those guys are what gives the NBA a bad name and why David Stern feels he has to step in and make the NBA look classier.

Why do you keep comparing Iverson to Skip To My Lou? You're losing maaaaaaad credibility by doing that. That's like comparing Shaq to Luc Longley because they both 3-peated.

King P
11-26-2009, 11:43 PM
I refuse to believe that no other team wanted A.I. If Marbury could land a job with the Celtics, why could Iverson land a job with a contender? And at least Marbury sacrificed minutes and came off the bench and tried to help his team win. A.I. couldnt even do that.

If it was all about winning, he could have taken an offer with a playoff team and came off the bench. He still would be contributing. All the teams that have won a title in the past years have a good bench. But Iverson felt he had to be the man, and had to go out and show how great he is. Thats why I say that I feel that Iverson put winning to the side and that it wasnt the 1st thing on his mind.

King P
11-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Why do you keep comparing Iverson to Skip To My Lou? You're losing maaaaaaad credibility by doing that. That's like comparing Shaq to Luc Longley because they both 3-peated.
I'm comparing them because they both have that streetball mentality.

Sports Illustrator
11-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Crossing jordan over!

x2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA crossing Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es&feature=related sick dunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grXws5m11SA tyronne lue

Much love to A1. Ill never forget the "Practice" speech.
Never forget the 76ers years.
You had your personal moments.....if people dont like ya...meh it happens...
Thanks for the memories
:clap:

Off that one move AI got his fame true, but everyone forgot that Jordan had 35 and still won that game!

jbone808
11-27-2009, 12:00 AM
That was a hard one. I voted practice because to me he was ALWAYS a cancer, it didn't just pop up one day. He's always been an arrogant *******. Trust me the NBA is better off without him...again good riddance

LOL..your a joke..i have great memories of ai..one is not even concerning him playin on the court..that memory is of him paying for a funeral of a young gentleman because he was shot wearing an allen iverson jersey..you are an arrogant ***********..btw i see your a lil florida gator fan huh?? ROLL TIDE, come dec 5th tebow gets blasted than i can say good ridance so that i don't have to hear about him being a scrub in the NFL..trust me the NFL is better off without tebow...

Jaji
11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm comparing them because they both have that streetball mentality.

"Streetball mentality" or good ball handling skills, because there is a difference. Skip to My Lou would cross you then do a lil shimmy. AI would cross you and proceed to drop the ball in the basket. I've seen many And 1 mixtapes and I don't think I saw one non-dunk basket. AI was a scorer. Oh yea, and he had sick handles. I wouldn't say he had "streetball mentality" though.

Rico Suave
11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
...as the second most overrated player of all time behind Jordan.

Jaji
11-27-2009, 12:09 AM
...as the second most overrated player of all time behind Jordan.

"facepalm"

You don't even deserve an emoticon for that.

arkanian215
11-27-2009, 12:46 AM
That made absolutely no sense.

why not? would any player be as good as they currently are if they didnt have their current level of self confidence? basketball isnt always about skill or hustle.

SeoulBeatz
11-27-2009, 12:54 AM
And weed is for 13 year olds who ditch school to smoke behind the 7-11...And you say your'e a father of 2?:facepalm:...what a low life...

wow then the world is full of lowlifes.

im smokin a blunt as i type this, happy turkey day folks!

leftovers mane

arkanian215
11-27-2009, 12:57 AM
lol to each his own. he might drink a lot?

Rico Suave
11-27-2009, 12:59 AM
I drink a lot because I'm a Raider fan:facepalm:

arkanian215
11-27-2009, 01:03 AM
that explains it.

i should be drinking a ton watching my nets, giants, mets, toffees, red bulls.

dbroncs-abraves
11-27-2009, 01:14 AM
AI was one of the all-time greats, best crossover ever, great scorer, put his heart in every game and left everything on the court, one of the main reasons i started to play basketball because i watched him play and he just made everything look so fun and was very entertaining, my favorite player of all time best pound for pound scorer the NBA will see for a long time

_KB24_
11-27-2009, 01:15 AM
I am happy to see that the majority of the posts here are warm-hearted and sincere. Thanks AI for an electrifying career! There will NEVER be another Iverson!

mrblisterdundee
11-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I will remember him as an elite player who was unable to transition into a more supportive role.

Go_NUGGETS
11-27-2009, 01:37 AM
HOW THE HELL DID YOU FORGET THE TIME WHEN HE CROSSED UP JORDAN???? This thread sucks!!!

Thats what I remember of A.I.

Raph12
11-27-2009, 03:00 AM
As the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, under 6'0" of course.

And yes, I know he's listed at 6'0", but he is actually 5'9 1/2"

dodie53
11-27-2009, 04:26 AM
practice x3

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-27-2009, 05:35 AM
my favorite player in NBA while with sixers..what an entertainer

$ NyC $
11-27-2009, 06:22 AM
No matter how stubborn or how arrogant AI was always a Warrior and played his heart-out.

Having one of tha illest cross-overs ever. One of the slickest NBA players.

Arsenal17
11-27-2009, 07:19 AM
AI was a warrior on the court but a cancer off it. Im a 76ers fan and loved watching him play but we were never going to be good enough to win it all with AI as our leader/best player. The year we made the finals was lightning in a bottle. Everything went right for us that year. His bad attitude off the court and selfish ways on the court made it so no other great players had any desire to play in Philly and created friction with every coach he played for in Philly and away from Philly. His 3 game circus in Memphis kind of tells you all you need to know about AI. Very selfish person.

Jaji
11-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Practice?

I didn't take that comment the way most of you took it. To me it sounded like he was saying "Why are you asking me about practice? Wouldn't you rather talk about a game?" That's why he said "who cares about practice?"

In other words: How many FTs did Kobe shoot at practice yesterday? Who cares!

Trouble87
11-27-2009, 08:15 AM
he isn't dead.... and his career isn't over

todu82
11-27-2009, 09:43 AM
His pratice comments. Also the fact that he may be one of the best players NBA history to never win a title.

20R8ersfaN08
11-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Practice

mser58
11-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Allen Iverson will always stick to me as the player who led the Sixers in a magical run in 2000-2001

He electrified this city like no other, he had very little offensive talent around him and essentially put that entire group on his back and took them to the finals.

Iverson had his problems, but he is truly one of the best to ever play.

MetsAllTheWay
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
01 playoffs is what I'll remember from him. Pretty much got the Sixers to the finals by himself. Topped off by the stepping over Lue

m26555
11-27-2009, 01:05 PM
why not? would any player be as good as they currently are if they didnt have their current level of self confidence? basketball isnt always about skill or hustle.
So, you're saying his talent level comes almost exclusively from his ego? According to that logic, if I'm the cockiest guy in the world, I could go out on an NBA floor and drop 30 PPG.

Double_R
11-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Who are the 10 guys that remember him as a cancer?

You all must have started watching basketball in the last couple of years.

There needs to be more options to pick from b/c none of those are what he really is.
I will remember him as the most dominant 6 footer to play the game. An absolute joy to watch, the guy who carried mediocre teams to contenders every night.

Hellcrooner
11-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Who are the 10 guys that remember him as a cancer?

You all must have started watching basketball in the last couple of years.

There needs to be more options to pick from b/c none of those are what he really is.
I will remember him as the most dominant 6 footer to play the game. An absolute joy to watch, the guy who carried mediocre teams to contenders every night.
im fed up of that stupid thing.

Isiah Thomas led the pistons TO BACK TO BACK titles, check what his height was.

also i would want people to check bob cousys height or calvin murphys.

and if everything is about scoring, go check world b free

Raidaz4Life
11-27-2009, 01:53 PM
ehhhh I never really cared for him and never will

Hellcrooner
11-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I swear people underrate Karl Malone out the wazoo
or elgin baylor, or barkley, or ewing or gervin ot stockton.

iverson is in the list of the webbers, english etc who didnt win a title, in any case.

smith&wesson
11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
i will remember him in the next jersey he wears.

arkanian215
11-27-2009, 03:11 PM
LOL..your a joke..i have great memories of ai..one is not even concerning him playin on the court..that memory is of him paying for a funeral of a young gentleman because he was shot wearing an allen iverson jersey..you are an arrogant ***********..btw i see your a lil florida gator fan huh?? ROLL TIDE, come dec 5th tebow gets blasted than i can say good ridance so that i don't have to hear about him being a scrub in the NFL..trust me the NFL is better off without tebow...

would you say he isn't a cancer?:laugh:

arkanian215
11-27-2009, 03:27 PM
really meh fg% for his career but probably cuz he's a little man compared to other nba players. im surprised he hasnt broken down.

Jaji
11-27-2009, 11:51 PM
would you say he isn't a cancer?:laugh:

You must have just started watching basketball 2 years ago. You missed a great career. A HOF career.

phlp_bj
11-27-2009, 11:55 PM
his killer crossover on antonio daniels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6hYoq3Go

djeller1139
11-28-2009, 12:05 AM
I'll remember him as my FIRST favorite basketball player, and one of the most exciting and talented players in the NBA.

tr3ymill3r
11-28-2009, 12:20 AM
AI should be everyone's favorite player on the forums. He's under 6 ft and competed, I'll remember his sick crossovers and no matter what anybody told him what to do or how to play, he still went out there and did it his way. Granted it may not have worked out, but at least he didn't have to pretend to be something he wasn't.

Jaji
11-28-2009, 12:22 AM
his killer crossover on antonio daniels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwc6hYoq3Go

Man that was vicious! He crossed him twice! Too many AI highlights. A lot of crossovers but let's not forget he could JUMP too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozb-h1Kj5es&feature=related

Jaji
11-28-2009, 12:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO3T6mh5tGw

Hellcrooner
11-28-2009, 12:31 AM
since ai oficialy departer memphis.

Memphis 5-1 record.....

go figure.

Kyben36
11-28-2009, 12:33 AM
As a looser, Im sorry, but this guy had a chance to go to a wining team and get a chance at a ring, instead, he goes to the griz for minutes and playing time, just a looser choice to me, a player who cared about wining would have taken that chanceinstead, he wants to be remembered for a stat filler, and thats fine, but not the way I would want to be remembered,

Jaji
11-28-2009, 12:46 AM
As a looser, Im sorry, but this guy had a chance to go to a wining team and get a chance at a ring, instead, he goes to the griz for minutes and playing time, just a looser choice to me, a player who cared about wining would have taken that chanceinstead, he wants to be remembered for a stat filler, and thats fine, but not the way I would want to be remembered,

AI had one of the biggest hearts I've ever seen. To say he didn't care about winning is ludicrous. He signed with Memphis because they offered him a contract. He was still coming off for them. Bottom line is no one wants this guy anymore and that's what's baffling.

mzgrizz
11-28-2009, 01:57 AM
I will remember him as the 34 yr old former great who couldn't stand to wait and get reconditioned to the game before *****ing for minutes. I mean, look at what Tinsley did tonight in our WIN at Portland tonight......veteran leader who is coming off the bench and playing and scoring and leading the younger guys......AI; if you're out there, I hope you see what you could have been....Memphis was and still is the only team to take a chance on you at this point in your life and you crapped on us and also on yourself. Maybe someone else will answer you, but since you've been gone. we've been winning.And that is ALL it is.

blastmasta26
11-28-2009, 02:06 AM
I will remember him as the dude that crossed up Jordan.

Jaji
11-28-2009, 02:29 AM
I will remember him as the 34 yr old former great who couldn't stand to wait and get reconditioned to the game before *****ing for minutes. I mean, look at what Tinsley did tonight in our WIN at Portland tonight......veteran leader who is coming off the bench and playing and scoring and leading the younger guys......AI; if you're out there, I hope you see what you could have been....Memphis was and still is the only team to take a chance on you at this point in your life and you crapped on us and also on yourself. Maybe someone else will answer you, but since you've been gone. we've been winning.And that is ALL it is.

You sound like you just bought an Iverson Grizzlies jersey 2 weeks ago lol.

ink
11-28-2009, 02:59 AM

Good post.

ko8e24
11-28-2009, 03:15 PM
I will remember him as the guy who ended his career with the same team that he started his career with. Allen Iverson starring in...THE PRODIGAL SON.

mzgrizz
11-28-2009, 11:15 PM
You sound like you just bought an Iverson Grizzlies jersey 2 weeks ago lol.

Not me , baby.....they are shipping out the 3000 giveaway #3 Iversons to some African country for charity purposes. As for me, I don't need a player jersey....that's for impressionable adolescents.:cool:

Raps18-19 Champ
11-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Coming back less than a week after retiring.

Sounds like a new record.

WhiteSoxGod
11-29-2009, 12:09 AM

LMAO :laugh: Are you serious? Why would you bring up the National Champion Florida Gators or Tim "Heisman" Tebow? This has nothing to do with them. LOl you just got offended and try to attack my favorite team the gators but I unlike you feel no need to defend them. Also I am an arrogant blah blah blah?? How is that, because I know as we all do A.I. is a cancer and a selfish bastard. How does that make me arrogant? Do you even know the meaning of that word? AND Do you remember why the young man was shot? Go back and read why he was shot, the kid was a thug too. Regardless none of that matters all that matters is that A.I. was a disease. He gave and continues to give the NBA a bad name. He has great skill and is very athletic but vastly overrated. He was flashy sure but that doesn't mean he is hall of fame (which he is not). In terms of his character it is very poor. Horrible teammate and definitely a wife-beating thug. Facts are facts and those are facts not opinions. As far as Tebow goes this A.I. shouldn't even be spoken in the same sentence as Tim Tebow in terms of character. Tim Tebow is a model human being and a GREAT Role model. I wouldn't want my worst enemy or my dog taking after Allen Iverson. He is a HORRIBLE role model and an example of what is wrong with America and the world: Selfishness, unsportsmanlike, bad attitude, accepts no responsibility, no leadership qualities, and refuses to listen to authority. It's a shame because honestly A.I had and probably still has talent but it was wasted by him immature attitude and his blatant disregard for anybody but himself. His narcissistic ways just finally caught up with him. Oh and since he retired the Bobcats are 5-1 and even beat Cleveland. The only way he can bring a team together is by leaving that team.

**Side note: Riddance is spelled with 2 'd's. and playing has 'g' in it.

Rosh
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Hi is a HORRIBLE role model and an example of what is wrong with America and the world: Selfishness, unsportsmanlike, bad attitude, excepts no responsibility, no leadership qualities, and refuses to listen to authority. It's a shame because honestly A.I had and probably stills has talent but it was wasted by him immature attitude and his blatant disregard for anybody but himself.

**Side note: Riddance is spelled with 2 'd's. and playing has 'g' in it.

You're not exactly perfect yourself there, Einstein.

Jamiecballer
11-29-2009, 03:47 AM
in a couple years, i won't. not literally of course. but he's not worth remembering for all of the reasons already stated.

Hellcrooner
11-29-2009, 03:55 AM
yes you willl and will get vry angry when some 15 year old in a forum goes and say he was a role player or that he is not btter than x fashion of the day player.

abe_froman
11-29-2009, 04:01 AM
yes you willl and will get vry angry when some 15 year old in a forum goes and say he was a role player or that he is not btter than x fashion of the day player.

this

Fireworld
11-29-2009, 06:08 AM
"practice" speech.

Lakers2000
11-30-2009, 12:10 AM
I will always consider him a 76er.

RaptorizedKevin
11-30-2009, 01:47 AM
id remember him as cancer because he destroyed the very talented detriot pistons. and the guy seeking attention by complaining and faking a retirement.

WhiteSoxGod
11-30-2009, 03:21 AM
You're not exactly perfect yourself there, Ininstein.

Nice retort love how you challenged my points....:rolleyes:

LA_Raiders
11-30-2009, 03:46 AM
great selfish player = cancer

one of the best Crossover ever if not the best...remember MJ???

loveofthegame87
11-30-2009, 04:01 AM
I have a tape when AI crossed over MJ not once but twice and you can hear Phil telling Mike to get on him.

69centers
11-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Great thread. How about, loser, selfish, ball hog, loser, selfish, ball hog. In no particular order. Not sad to see him go. Was never a fan.

rapjuicer06
11-30-2009, 10:59 AM
i'll remember him dominating from the guard position in a big mans game. while vastly undersized, he still did one hell of a job and is a HOF no question. one of the most exciting players to ever play. not a fan of his personality, but a big fan of his game. one of the best to play the game. top 20 player of all time

AIverson
11-30-2009, 05:56 PM
The greatest player ever.

Not counting MJ and other greats.

clehmun
11-30-2009, 06:16 PM
The greatest player ever.

Not counting MJ and other greats.

i agree. if you don't count all the players better than iverson, he is easily the best player ever.

Sly Guy
11-30-2009, 09:31 PM
him and carter going head to head in the playoffs, both going for 50 point nights and having it all come down to a last second play.

Ironman5219
11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
selfish "me first" loser... good riddens!