PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Playoff Teams

ChiTownPacerFan
11-26-2009, 12:35 AM
It seems to me that Washington, Charlotte, Detroit, Indiana, Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Philadelphia are all legitimate candidates for the bottom three seeds in the East. That is eight teams contending for three spots; so, which three teams do you see making it, and why?

daleja424
11-26-2009, 12:44 AM
chicago, toronto, and then I dunno (but right now looks like Mil)

HoopsDrive
11-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Toronto and Chicago for two spots. Last one for me is either the Bobcats or Bucks.

what54!?
11-26-2009, 12:51 AM
chicago- they play well enough for that spot

Toronto- just better than the other teams there

Mil- playing great ball

ChiTownPacerFan
11-26-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm surprised that you guys are sold on Toronto. For the record, Toronto is 7-9, and the only team giving up more PPG than the Raptors is Golden State. I agree they have a potent offense, but what makes you think that they can play good enough D to get into the playoffs. Right now teams are shooting 47% against them, and they are only forcing 11 turnovers a game. I'm not hating on Toronto, I'm just looking for some justification.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 12:58 AM
New Jersey

HoopsDrive
11-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Toronto has too many offensive options not to get into the playoffs. They had 9 new players coming into this season and their schedule so far has been absolutely brutal with a West coast trip to begin the season. Their record doesn't actually reflect how well they can actually play.

The offense will carry the Raps into the playoffs and there they will falter again in the 1st round due to their absolutely atrocious defense... 116 points to the Bobcats? wtf...

ChiSox219
11-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Raptors
Bulls
Pacers

MrFastBreak
11-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Chicago
Toronto
Philly

These are the only teams I think can win 40+ games. That's enough to get into the playoffs.

ManRam
11-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Chicago will be the 6th seed.

I think it will come down to Indy, Toronto, and Charlotte. If Charlotte can find scoring, I like their chances. If Toronto can find defense, they're a lock. Indy is a quietly solid team.

Chronz
11-26-2009, 01:23 PM
So were assuming Miami is a lock now?

HoopsDrive
11-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Wade and a weak bottom half conference will do that apparently.

ManRam
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I think Miami is more of a lock than any of the other teams after the top 4.

defender4m
11-26-2009, 02:05 PM
its all about the nets

The_905
11-26-2009, 02:18 PM
not to be a homer but the raps have had the second toughest schedule thus far in the season, before they played the bobcats and pacers this week they had already played the cavs, magic twice, the spurs, mavs, suns, nuggets, even utah and new orleans away.

I feel the raps are at the very least making the playoffs, it's up to their d how high of a seed they can be..

6. Toronto
7. Chicago
8. Indiana

sofargone
11-26-2009, 02:24 PM
its all about the nets

if they continue the pace they are on, then theres no stopping them. i wouldnt be surprised if they end up anywhere from 4-6th seed.

HoopsDrive
11-26-2009, 06:17 PM
if they continue the pace they are on, then theres no stopping them. i wouldnt be surprised if they end up anywhere from 4-6th seed.

I don't think so.

After they beat the NBA record for longest losing streak they are gonna go undefeated for the rest of the season... and finish as the 1st seed.

Sadly for them, the Knicks will also make it into the playoffs as the 8th seed and unfortunately, they're gonna go all the way.

That's right folks.

Wilson
11-26-2009, 07:34 PM
It will be cool if Charlotte get there. They looked like a really exciting team when they were whooping on the Lakers (:pity:), it would be cool to watch them in a big game against a different team...

GodsSon
11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
i think Toronto will be higher then 6th and nab the 5th...but keeping on track with the thread...

Toronto
Chicago
Philly

MaHaRaJaH
11-26-2009, 09:43 PM

They DO have a Perfect Record...

LanceUpperCut
11-26-2009, 09:53 PM
I really don't see how Miami is a lock at all. I think Charlotte will uprise people SJax was a great trade for them.

smith&wesson
11-26-2009, 10:10 PM
orlando
atlanta
boston
cavs
miami
toronto
chicago
charlotte

Raph12
11-27-2009, 03:03 AM
This will be the standings from 1-8 at the end of the season IMO:
1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Miami
6. Milwaukee
7. Chicago
8. Indiana

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 03:25 AM
1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Miami
6. Milwaukee
7. Chicago
8. Indiana

Toronto is definately better than the last 3, and is probably even with miami....i dont see how u can put the last 3 over toronto...

Raph12
11-27-2009, 03:36 AM
Toronto is definately better than the last 3, and is probably even with miami....i dont see how u can put the last 3 over toronto...

I have always believed strongly in defense, something the Raptors don't really care for to say the least. I had them at #9 before the season began and they haven't done anything to make me change my mind, therefore they do not make my imaginary playoffs.

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 03:37 AM
I think it will be...

1. Orlando (obvious)
2. Boston (obvious)
3. Cleveland (obvious)
4. Atlanta (obvious)
5. Miami - cause of wade
6. Toronto - too much offense
7. Washington - they will get on track once their team is FINALLY HEALTHY
8. Chicago - decent team

-Indiana just isn't good enough, but they'll be close
-Bobcats I think will be in the same situation as last year, where they're close but just dont make it...
-Milwaukee WILL fall off soon due to Bogut injury
-Philly is too injury prone
-Detroit i think will finally trade either rip, prince, or both then they won't have enough talent to make it

ChiTownPacerFan
11-27-2009, 03:39 AM
So has everyone completely written off Washington? I feel like they will be competitive if they ever get healthy. Remember, they still have a very formidable big three in Arenas, Jamison, and Butler. They also have a bunch of solid guys like Blatche, Boykins, Foye, and Miller, and I think Flip is a decent coach. So, why can't they make the playoffs. BTW I'm saying, (6)Chicago, (7)Washington, (8)Indiana.

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 03:40 AM
I have always believed strongly in defense, something the Raptors don't really care for to say the least. I had them at #9 before the season began and they haven't done anything to make me change my mind, therefore they do not make my imaginary playoffs.

I know exactly what u mean on the defense part, as i am a fan and watch all raps games, but i still dont think in any way that indiana or milwaukee is better than them,,,i think the high power offense is enough to get them past the weaker east teams...and plus it is a new team assembled together pretty much with 9 new players....i think by december they can be real dangerous....i think they can easily challenge miami for 5th

Raph12
11-27-2009, 04:21 AM
I know exactly what u mean on the defense part, as i am a fan and watch all raps games, but i still dont think in any way that indiana or milwaukee is better than them,,,i think the high power offense is enough to get them past the weaker east teams...and plus it is a new team assembled together pretty much with 9 new players....i think by december they can be real dangerous....i think they can easily challenge miami for 5th

Milwaukee has Jennings, Redd and Bogut; Indiana has Granger, plus Dahntay Jones and Roy Hibbert, who have both had career years thus far. Miami has Wade and JO who's been playing outstandingly, while Beasley and Chalmers have shown signs of great impovement; Chicago has D-Rose (still recovering from injury), Deng has returned and Noah is another MIP candidate.

IMO Miami would tear Toronto up, Chicago will stay in the thick of things as they start to pick it up around January and I'm banking on the Bucks and Pacers well-rounded games to oust the Raptors' strictly offense-oriented game.

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-27-2009, 06:06 AM
6. Toronto
7. Chicago
8. Milwaukee

BHF
11-27-2009, 06:25 AM
1. Orlando
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Atlanta
5. Miami
6. Milwaukee
7. Chicago
8. Indiana

OMG :facepalm:

ChiTownPacerFan
11-27-2009, 06:34 AM
OMG :facepalm:

Care to expand on that facepalm?

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Milwaukee has Jennings, Redd and Bogut; Indiana has Granger, plus Dahntay Jones and Roy Hibbert, who have both had career years thus far. Miami has Wade and JO who's been playing outstandingly, while Beasley and Chalmers have shown signs of great impovement; Chicago has D-Rose (still recovering from injury), Deng has returned and Noah is another MIP candidate.

IMO Miami would tear Toronto up, Chicago will stay in the thick of things as they start to pick it up around January and I'm banking on the Bucks and Pacers well-rounded games to oust the Raptors' strictly offense-oriented game.

like i said before, i think milwaukee will definately fall off....this is a surprise start and plus bogut is injured too now meaning they have ABSOLUTELY no inside game. the roster is even worse than last year's roster so i dont see how they keep up their play from their good start. Miami may edge toronto by a few games cuz they have Wade, and jones may be havin a career year so far, but it was only because murphy was hurt. his 17 ppg average will surely go down now that murphy is back. hibbert will be affected by murphy's return too. and plus we already killed indiana once this year. Chicago is decent too but they just do not have enough scoring to keep up with toronto in my mind...i'm just saying...in the end of december we will probably be talkin about this again, and i guarantee everyone's mind will be changed about toronto. remember we have 9 new players and the 2nd hardest schedule in november...the roster of Bosh, Bargnani, Turk, Calderon, Bellinelli, Jack and Wright is better than the roster of any of those other 3 teams...i dont see how toronto won't make the playoffs with a roster like that ESPECIALLY in the east...if we were talkin the west, i would have a different opinion though. but i think toronto will make the playoffs 100% sure....i can bet my house on it lol thats how sure i am

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
actually toronto beaten all those teams by double digits except for milwaukee cause we never played them yet

GodsSon
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM

and you realize we've already beaten both of those teams? leading by over 20 at one point in both games...i guess THEY couldnt handle TO, not the other way around

HiphopRelated
11-27-2009, 01:57 PM
and you realize we've already beaten both of those teams? leading by over 20 at one point in both games...i guess THEY couldnt handle TO, not the other way around
healthy Miami beats Toronto

J_M_B
11-27-2009, 02:04 PM

Toronto beat Miami without two key role players in Udonis Haslem and Quetin Richardison. The bench had provided no scoring or defense. Leaving the game pretty much to the starters. Mario Chalmers and Dwyane Wade eached had 30 points, Jermaine O'Neal 17, Beasley 21, and James Jones 5.

Toronto had a really good team and I think is the 6th seed, but that could've of been a different game.

GodsSon
11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Toronto beat Miami without two key role players in Udonis Haslem and Quetin Richardison. The bench had provided no scoring or defense. Leaving the game pretty much to the starters. Mario Chalmers and Dwyane Wade eached had 30 points, Jermaine O'Neal 17, Beasley 21, and James Jones 5.

Toronto had a really good team and I think is the 6th seed, but that could've of been a different game.

It could have been, because we could have and should have stepped on your throats and not allowed you to bring the game back to a 1 point lead...with that said, our defence is suspect, but i think TO is a better team with more depth then the Heat (obviously we'll both be biased)

J_M_B
11-27-2009, 02:15 PM
At the end of the season, I think the standings would look something like this

1.Boston
2.Orlando
3.Cleveland
4.Atlanta
5.Miami
6Toronto
7.Chicago
8.Milwaukee
-----------
9.Washington
10.Charlotte
11.Indiana
12.Detroit
13.Philadephia
14.New York
15.New Jersey

HiphopRelated
11-27-2009, 02:17 PM
It could have been, because we could have and should have stepped on your throats and not allowed you to bring the game back to a 1 point lead...with that said, our defence is suspect, but i think TO is a better team with more depth then the Heat (obviously we'll both be biased)
Toronto doesn't have the defense to step on anybody's throat

GodsSon
11-27-2009, 02:21 PM
Toronto doesn't have the defense to step on anybody's throat

I'll take a W any way i can get it...blowout or not

JOSKOMANG4
11-27-2009, 02:31 PM
1) MAGIC
2) CELTICS
3) CAVALIERS
4) HAWKS
5) RAPTORS
6) SIXERS(WELCOME BACK A.I (i HOPE)
7) BUCKS
8) BOBCATS

1ST RD:

MAGIC/BOBCATS- MAGIC IN 6
CELTICS/BUCS- CELTICS IN 4
CAVS/ SIXIERS- CAVALIERS IN 6
RAPTORS/HAWKS- HAWKS IN 7

CONFERENCE SEMI'S:

HAWKS/MAGIC- HAWKS(UPSET) IN 7
CAVS/CELTICS- CELTICS IN 6

EAST FINALS: REMATCH FROM 2008-2009 EAST SEMI'S

CELTICS/HAWKS- CELTICS IN 6

J_M_B
11-27-2009, 02:32 PM

There is no doubt, that Toronto has more depth than Miami. I just believe Miami has the better team.

One, Miami has Dwyane Wade. As well as a rejuvenated Jermaine O'Neal, a young and improving core of Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, and Daequan Cook. Plus a couple of some veterans like Udonis Haslem and Quetin Richardison. They have a bright future with four draft choices this season and the most cap space in the league.

Toronto has a lot more depth and scorers than Miami does, but they don't see the desire to play defense. They have a great starting five and solid bench. If they play defense, then they are better than Miami, but till then I'll take Miami.

GodsSon
11-27-2009, 03:03 PM
There is no doubt, that Toronto has more depth than Miami. I just believe Miami has the better team.

One, Miami has Dwyane Wade. As well as a rejuvenated Jermaine O'Neal, a young and improving core of Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, and Daequan Cook. Plus a couple of some veterans like Udonis Haslem and Quetin Richardison. They have a bright future with four draft choices this season and the most cap space in the league.

Toronto has a lot more depth and scorers than Miami does, but they don't see the desire to play defense. They have a great starting five and solid bench. If they play defense, then they are better than Miami, but till then I'll take Miami.

Fair enough

arkanian215
11-27-2009, 03:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings?page=2

imo milwaukee is being overhyped right now. jennings is beasting but if you look at the bucks sos10, the record of the last ten opponents against the bucks, they are expected to beat their opponents. .380 isnt exactly the most challenging schedule. then again the nets record definitely pulls it down. but still it is among the lower sos10's in the entire league.

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 05:03 PM

Rejuvenated Jermaine O'neal?? Why does everyone keep saying that? He's putting up pretty much the same #s as last year...

dtmagnet
11-27-2009, 05:08 PM
As a Raptors fan I had myself a Jim Mora moment watching that Bobcats game, "Playoffs?" We need to tighten up our D and fast, depending on if and when we can will decide our seed.

GodsSon
11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Rejuvenated Jermaine O'neal?? Why does everyone keep saying that? He's putting up pretty much the same #s as last year...

lol +1...i've seen that phrase thrown around a lot on these boards

Chronz
11-27-2009, 05:13 PM
What are you guys talking about, whens the last time Jermaine had an offensive rating of 115?

Sadds The Gr8
11-27-2009, 05:24 PM
lol +1...i've seen that phrase thrown around a lot on these boards

lol yea same all of a sudden everyone thinks he rejuvenated...they prolly never saw him in toronto that's why...he's the same player he was last year...i guess this means there's A LOT of miami fans on these boards...