PDA

View Full Version : Wade's Free Agency Could End With Dwight in Orlando

JordansBulls
11-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Wade's Free Agency Could End With Dwight in Orlando (http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/11/25/wades-free-agency-could-end-in-orlando/)

"If I could pick one player in the league today to play with and most people think I'd say LeBron James I would pick Dwight (Howard)," Wade told FanHouse Wednesday after practice at Amway Arena. "I'd love for that to happen at some point. Dwight is already close right here in Orlando. People who say it couldn't happen (us playing on the same team), they don't know. I've learned in this league that anything is possible."

Wade and his Heat teammates are in Orlando to play the Magic Wednesday night. He and Howard spent considerable time together last summer at the Olympic Games, then this summer filming both a T-Mobile commercial and a movie that will be released soon.

Wade already played in Miami with former Magic center Shaquille O'Neal, and they won the 2006 NBA title together. Howard has replaced O'Neal -- now in Cleveland -- as the league's best big man. Although Wade won the league's scoring title last season, the Heat have struggled since O'Neal's departure in 2008.

"I've played with a dominant center before, and there's nothing like it. It changes the whole game. It's why I'd love to play with Dwight. He's a phenomenal center who has only just scratched the surface of where he'll be," Wade said. "And he's the type of guy you'd really like to be around."

http://www.simnet.is/arnarfb/Wade.jpg
http://www.simnet.is/arnarfb/Wade2.jpg

cmellofan15
11-25-2009, 06:17 PM
This would be very close to Shaq and Kobe.

SteveNash
11-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Now all Orlando has to do is clear about 50 million in cap space...

LayZbone
Who wouldn't want to play with Dwight? Too bad it's impossible.

Here's another question. Who wants to play with D-Wade? Cause Miami ACTUALLY has the cap room to make it happen.

Kakaroach
This would be very close to Shaq and Kobe. Exactly what I thought when I first saw this. Cool jersey switches as well.

sofargone
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
is this actually possible?

dudeonthemoon
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
orlando would have to clear some cap space but they would be fun to watch

Iodine
11-25-2009, 06:24 PM
And I am pretty sure most presidents would like to have Ghandi as the secretary of state. to bad it wont happen

bigsams50
11-25-2009, 06:25 PM
is this actually possible?

exactly what i was thinking

Deezy Dee 24.
What a team that could be. Move Carter to Sf and Lewis to Pf again.

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

king4day
"I've played with a dominant center before, and there's nothing like it. It changes the whole game. It's why I'd love to play with Dwight. He's a phenomenal center who has only just scratched the surface of where he'll be," Wade said. "And he's the type of guy you'd really like to be around."

Sounds like he inadvertantly threw Jermaine O'Neil under the bus here.

king4day
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

That starting lineup alone will put the Magic above the cap.
Wade can say what he wants, but barring a trade, there's no chance in hell it happens in the near future. Certainly not this offseason.

sofargone
11-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Sounds like he inadvertantly threw Jermaine O'Neil under the bus here.

i was thinking the same thing actually, but you cant compare jermaine oneil to dwight and you definitely cant compare him to shaq

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 06:32 PM
:speechless: I would cry is this happened. Hey if anything, we could do a S&T deal with the Heat.

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 06:33 PM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

Carter and either Rashard or Nelson would easily be gone.

ManRam
11-25-2009, 06:34 PM
There is absolutely no way it will happen after this year. No chance whatsoever. The Magic wont have cap space for a long, long, long time.

runforrestrunx9
11-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Carter and either Rashard or Nelson would easily be gone.

probly all three

i.got.the.nutz
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM

LOL no.

ManRam
11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
LOL no.

I agree. Neither are as good as their respective match...not at all.

ChiSox219
11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
There is absolutely no way it will happen after this year. No chance whatsoever. The Magic wont have cap space for a long, long, long time.

Sign and trade.

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
probly all three

Naw doubt it. Acutally it would have to be either Rashard or Carter and Nelson. All three would be about 45mill lol.

Storch
11-25-2009, 06:47 PM
nelson and vince for dwade sounds like a great deal for both sides.

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 06:50 PM
I wish it would happen but highly doubt it. Miami wanted a pick to even let us sign SVG. I doubt they would S&T him to Orlando.

But I won't rule it out till he actually signs somewhere. Because it would be better for them to get something in return then let him go for free unless they keep that cap space for some other FA, but who would go with no Wade?

what54!?
11-25-2009, 06:50 PM
and with what money? :laugh2:

it that did happen though that would be a beaast combo. they would be the new penny and shaq

MiamiHeat
11-25-2009, 06:51 PM
nelson and vince for dwade sounds like a great deal for both sides.

:laugh2:

:speechless: I would cry is this happened. Hey if anything, we could do a S&T deal with the Heat.

what could Orlando possibly offer other than Dwight?

when does Dwight Howard become a free agent? :cool:

ManRam
11-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Sign and trade.

Still don't see it happening.

If Miami loses Wade, I don't think they will want to rebuild around Rashard or Vince. Neither probably appeal to them much. I also don't see them trading him to Orlando of all teams. Wade + Dwight means bad news for them. An in-state, in-division rival is not who you will want to trade him to.

They can get better deals, ones that revolve around young players, high draft picks (something we can't offer) etc.

Not in a million years will they trade Wade to us. I wish...but I'm also not a dumb-dumb.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-25-2009, 06:52 PM
That starting lineup alone will put the Magic above the cap.
Wade can say what he wants, but barring a trade, there's no chance in hell it happens in the near future. Certainly not this offseason.

Yeah i know that, im just sayin...:eyebrow:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-25-2009, 06:57 PM

There's such thing called Sign and trade

ManRam
11-25-2009, 07:00 PM

No ****.

Read my other post. Miami wouldn't ever deal him to Orlando, especially since Orlando doesn't have much to offer that is appealing to a team that would be rebuilding.

sNaKeS
11-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Magic trade carter and gortat and a draft pick for wade. I'm sure wade would take a small paycut to win more titles.

Iodine
11-25-2009, 07:01 PM

WHO THE **** WOULD MIAMI WANT??

Shard, Vince, and Nelson?

If miami was to do a S&T they could get so much more

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 07:01 PM

what could Orlando possibly offer other than Dwight?

when does Dwight Howard become a free agent? :cool:

Not soon enough.

:dance:

$ NyC $
11-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Doesn't Dwight become a FA in 2011? So what if Wade means Dwight goes 2 Miami...not the other way around

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Doesn't Dwight become a FA in 2011? So what if Wade means Dwight goes 2 Miami...not the other way around

4 more years.

29$JerZ
11-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Well if Wade plans to leave this summer who knows?

VC as an Expiring + whoever could possibly get it done os Miami wouldn't lose Wade for nothing.

Very unlikely however.

DR. Pepper
11-25-2009, 07:17 PM
wade and lebron in miami is 2ce as likely

Deezy Dee 24.
11-25-2009, 07:22 PM
wade and lebron in miami is 2ce as likely

Wade and Lebron would work out for maybe 5 games
You can't put a superstar like Wade and a superstar like Lebron on the same team. Both want the ball and want to be the man. Maybe in their older age when all they want is a championship (second for Wade ;)) and dont care about being top scorer.

Ray_R
11-25-2009, 07:27 PM
im not going to lie he does look good in blue

blah-blah
11-25-2009, 07:29 PM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

woahhhhh

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-25-2009, 07:30 PM
WHO THE **** WOULD MIAMI WANT??

Shard, Vince, and Nelson?

If miami was to do a S&T they could get so much more

if wade wants to leave to magic, they need to do a sign and trade otherwise they are screwed

ManRam
11-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Well if Wade plans to leave this summer who knows?

VC as an Expiring + whoever could possibly get it done os Miami wouldn't lose Wade for nothing.

Very unlikely however.

There is no reason to sign and trade for an expiring contract. None what-so-ever.

jsumadchat
11-25-2009, 07:33 PM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

lol RIDICULOUS. forget the allstar team, this looks like the ALL-DECADE team.

MiamiHeat
11-25-2009, 07:38 PM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

yeah and then
the heat trade Quinn for CP3 and Dorell Wright for Lebron James, and after that we trade Cook for Kobe Bryant, JO for Al Jeff. And to top it off Udonis Haslem for Chris Bosh

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Al Jefferson

:up:

ManRam
11-25-2009, 07:42 PM
yeah and then
the heat trade Quinn for CP3 and Dorell Wright for Lebron James, and after that we trade Cook for Kobe Bryant, JO for Al Jeff. And to top it off Udonis Haslem for Chris Bosh

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Al Jefferson

:up:

Seriously. Some people here are nuts. If the Magic get Wade (not going to happen), they wouldn't keep Vince, Shard, Dwight AND Jameer. People are crazy.

King P
11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
*Biggie Smalls voice*

IT WAS ALL A DREAM!!!
:sleep:

what54!?
11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
yeah and then

PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Al Jefferson

:up::drool:

superkegger
11-25-2009, 07:50 PM
I heard Tupac is still alive.

Iodine
11-25-2009, 07:56 PM

Yeah the reason its not out more is that he legally changed his name to crystal McGee Swanson got a sex change tricked for like 5 years then gave birth to a CHristian Smith. Sad story really

superkegger
11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Yeah the reason its not out more is that he legally changed his name to crystal McGee Swanson got a sex change tricked for like 5 years then gave birth to a CHristian Smith. Sad story really

Brandon Jennings.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Doesn't every star player who get along want to play with each other?

GodsSon
11-25-2009, 09:53 PM
not happening EVER

Anon
11-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Wouldn't be a good fit for us. He cannot shoot the three.

dodie53
11-25-2009, 10:26 PM
wade and filler for nelson and lewis

daleja424
11-25-2009, 10:36 PM

u really have nothing we would want except Howard...

MiamiHeat
11-25-2009, 10:43 PM
wade and filler for nelson and lewis

and you had the nerve to put filler for the Heat

:pity:

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 10:45 PM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

I really hope this happens.
If everyone can just have paycuts, then they can automatically win a championship.
Nelson - 5 mil, Wade - 15 mil, Carter - 10 mil, Lewis - 10 mil, Howard - 15 mil then they wouldn't go over the cap.
Too bad they want more money than championships.

MTar786
11-25-2009, 10:49 PM

NO WAY. Shaq in his prime was MUCH better than dwight now and even next year. kobe back then was probably on the same level as dwade is now.. so nope.. no where near shaq and kobe. if those two played together they'd need a good squad full of talent and a pretty good sf.. like a battier

fishfan79
11-25-2009, 11:31 PM
howard is welcome to come to miami anytime

LayZbone
11-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Fitting that MIA gets the win tonight over their FLA rivals. Wade doesn't need Dwight when he's got Beasley, UD, JO!!! :D

Kidding...I'd obviously swap em all for D12 right now. Just excited about our win tonight.

sofargone
11-25-2009, 11:59 PM
he is :shrug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42tioFCpJGw&feature=related

JordansBulls
11-26-2009, 12:53 AM

Vince

what54!?
11-26-2009, 12:54 AM
Vince
who's gonna be 33 years old? no thanks

Deezy Dee 24.
11-26-2009, 01:08 AM

Whos still bad to the bone? yeah

*Superman*
11-26-2009, 01:34 AM

Im sure you rather have talent back rather then let him walk for free.

JordansBulls
11-26-2009, 01:37 AM

Vince and Jameer then.

G-Menfan4lyfe
11-26-2009, 01:46 AM

Magic dont have the cap space to sign Wade straight up so why would the heat sign and trade? He's not gonna request that so why would they do it?

D Roses Bulls
11-26-2009, 01:55 AM

not exactly. they have vince carter for one more year and could use him in a sign and trade or trade gortat. this is very possible and if this happens the magic will be unstoppable

*Superman*
11-26-2009, 02:00 AM
Magic dont have the cap space to sign Wade straight up so why would the heat sign and trade? He's not gonna request that so why would they do it?

See the nice things about S&T is that the OTHER team signs the player and trades him to the team he wants to go to. Well obviously he would request to go to the Magic thus why it would happen.

DamnGoat
11-26-2009, 02:03 AM
I like how the thread title implies that this has a realistic shot of happening...:laugh2:

They'd be an amazing duo, probably win a few championships, but it won't happen...not unless Orlando is dumb enough to trade Dwight or they can clear a ton of cap space before this offseason (and chances are they cannot).

SchyGuy11
11-26-2009, 02:03 AM
I am a bulls fan, but my favorite player in the league is dwight howard. My second favorite player.....dwayne wade, if this happened i would move to orlando and become a die hard magic fan.

G-Menfan4lyfe
11-26-2009, 02:35 AM
I am a bulls fan, but my favorite player in the league is dwight howard. My second favorite player.....dwayne wade, if this happened i would move to orlando and become a die hard magic fan.

What if Miami trades for Howard because somehow Van Gundy and Pat Riley are in cahoots? Would you then move to Miami and become a diehard Heat fan?

Yankee Lifer
11-26-2009, 03:01 AM

PG- Jameer Nelson
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Vince Carter
PF- Rashard Lewis
C- Dwight Howard

Unstoppable, but since basketball players actually get payed real money and there is a salary cap you can keep trying to make these trades happen on playstation.

SteveNash
11-26-2009, 03:14 AM
not exactly. they have vince carter for one more year and could use him in a sign and trade or trade gortat. this is very possible and if this happens the magic will be unstoppable

Okay, so in order for the Orlando Magic to sign Wade, they either have to clear $50 million in cap space. Or get Riley to start smoking crack....

Anon
11-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I do not see this happening but not because of the salary cap. NBA fans need to forget about the salary cap. It means nothing. Orlando was over the cap going into the off season and brought in: Vince Carter, Brandon Bass, Ryan Anderson, Matt Barnes and Jason Williams. We are now 35 million over the "cap." The only teams the cap stops are those who do not want to go into luxury tax territory. We are not one of them.

MiamiHeat
11-26-2009, 12:10 PM
there's no way this happens, Wade will resign with Miami

/thread

ManRam
11-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Whos still bad to the bone? yeah

But he'll be 34. If they are trading Wade, they'll want young player to rebuild with, and a guy who isn't basically an expiring contract. No way they want Vince. No way.

If you let him go you can go after a ton of FAs (they'll have a ****-ton of cap), instead of a 34 year-old player who you can't rebuild around. It would be a lost season, without much more hope for the future. They'll let him walk, re-sign him, or S&T from something that might be of any value down the road...like draft picks (ours will suck), or good young talent.

_Supreme_
11-26-2009, 12:44 PM
How more pathetic and desperate will the media get in their attempts to get people to read their garbage?

So now Wade is going to Orlando because he complemented Dwight on being a great player.

I guess the "Wade to New York" and "Wade to Chicago" must have gotten too boring for the time being, huh?

Next week he will say something nice about Chris Paul and it will be "Wade might be going to New Orleans"

And God forbid he might complement Kobe Bryant on anything. "Wade to LA Wade to LA!".

Bottom line is:

The media is garbage, and all of these pathetic losers should be lined up and have their sorry arses whipped until they find something actually interesting to write instead of their constant tabloid monkey crap.

ManRam
11-26-2009, 12:48 PM
How more pathetic and desperate will the media get in their attempts to get people to read their garbage?

So now Wade is going to Orlando because he complemented Dwight on being a great player.

I guess the "Wade to New York" and "Wade to Chicago" must have gotten too boring for the time being, huh?

Next week he will say something nice about Chris Paul and it will be "Wade might be going to New Orleans"

And God forbid he might complement Kobe Bryant on anything. "Wade to LA Wade to LA!".

Bottom line is:

The media is garbage, and all of these pathetic losers should be lined up and have their sorry arses whipped until they find something actually interesting to write instead of their constant tabloid monkey crap.

Great post...

Better sig.

showtym24
11-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Yea because wade will sign for the mininum. He's gonna beat a heat or bull.

Gambeezy
11-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Magic trade carter and gortat and a draft pick for wade. I'm sure wade would take a small paycut to win more titles.

Seems like fair value :facepalm:

asmarks18
11-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Wade+Dwight= 82-0.