PDA

View Full Version : Report: AI retires

ko8e24
11-25-2009, 03:38 AM
On 710 ESPN Radio in Los Angeles, after the Lakers vs Knicks game at Staples Center, Kobe Bryant and Spike Lee came on to speak about the Kobe Doin' Work DVD (which released today).

Kobe was asked about AI and how the Knicks declined to sign him. He was asked whether AI was done....basically he said that he's a huge fan of AI, and if used the right way, could help a team. The way it worked out well for him in Philadelphia with the 76ers, he was allowed to do what he did best, which was scoring. In the other systems he was in (Denver, Detroit, Memphis), he was not being allowed to do what he did best.

According to the best player in the game and a former b-ball rival of AI......IVERSON IS NOT DONE.

And according to Spike Lee, he's disappointed in the Knicks banking on Lebron in 2010. He said it was horrible that the Knicks did not sign Iverson, and said it was basically BS that Walsh used the excuse that signing Iverson would deter the development of young guys like Danillo Gallinari and Tony Douglas.

So question is, if a team wants purely a scorer, and if that team signs Iverson, will Iverson be able to revamp his career to some level of respectability?

Thoughts.

dodie53
11-25-2009, 03:43 AM
AI should swallow his ego abit

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 03:54 AM
AI should swallow his ego abit

ganun?
wala akong pakielam.
Ang yabang yabang mo akala kong sino.
Hindi ka naman mas magaling kay Allen Iverson!

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 03:57 AM
I still don't understand how not one team can open up a spot for AI. He can still ball better than half the league.

B.JenningsMVP
11-25-2009, 03:58 AM
The Knicks shouldve signed A.I.
He'd avg like 10000000000000 pts there lol

rocky4104
11-25-2009, 04:20 AM
ganun?
wala akong pakielam.

pare, cool ka lang.

what he means is if iverson would only accept a supporting role, teams will line up to him because of his ability to score - he can still shoot it up with the best of them - heck i would welcome him in phoenix - instant offense on the bench! :)

mjt20mik
11-25-2009, 04:21 AM
ganun?
wala akong pakielam.

No way...

Pinoy?

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 04:41 AM
pare, cool ka lang.

what he means is if iverson would only accept a supporting role, teams will line up to him because of his ability to score - he can still shoot it up with the best of them - heck i would welcome him in phoenix - instant offense on the bench! :)

joke lang yun.
haha

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 04:41 AM
No way...

Pinoy?

are you?

GspLAL
11-25-2009, 04:49 AM
I still don't understand how not one team can open up a spot for AI. He can still ball better than half the league.

This isn't the reason why no one signs him, everyone knows he can ball, it's his attitude and the way he thinks that turns owners off on signing him. He thinks he's above the team. I will agree though he kinda got jipped in Memphis, they told him he would start.

skratcher
11-25-2009, 05:38 AM
joke lang yun.
haha

tama na yan. :)

Yeah, I think AI has a lot left. But he will never be as explosive as before.

barreleffact
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
i been saying for a while if AI can accept a bench role for LA....watch out. LA's bench would catapult to bein better than some starting units. as of now, LA's bench sux...plz AI...want a ring

JordansBulls
11-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Source: Bostonherald (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20091125no_big_plans_for_allen_iverson_yet/)

"We have had internal discussions about (Iverson)," team president Danny Ainge said, "but a decision like this has to be unanimous, and it wasn't."

In order to sign Iverson, Boston would have to either trade or cut a player. At this point, it hasn't gotten that far.

There are question marks surrounding his cost and if he would be willing to come of the bench for the Celtics.

"Those are all things to be considered, but we never got to the point where we discussed them with Allen or his agent," Ainge added.

bigsams50
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
If he would accept a lesser role it would be good for them, but he wouldnt

$ NyC $
11-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Actually AI and his agent have stated that he is willing to come off the bench and accept a lesser role for a championship contending team. They should go for it, and then maybe go for the Nocioni trade that would make them DEADLY.

C. Wallace
PF. Davis
SF Nocioni/Daniels
SG AI/Daniels/House
PG AI/Daniels/House

HoopsDrive
11-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Nao da pra entender metade da coisa que esses porras escreveram aqui meu deus...

Yes, AI is not done yet. It will take a while but one team will sign him sooner or later.

Kakaroach
So they thought about it, but decided against it. I'm sure lots of teams did that. Would have sure been interesting to see him with all of those veterans though, wonder if it would have ended up any different than Starbury last year.

DitchDat
don't do it Danny he's a cancer

Wilson
11-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Glad to hear that me and Kobe are on the same page :cool:

:p

If your team is looking for a scorer, it should absolutely look at Iverson. I think he still has a bit left.

Kakaroach
11-25-2009, 12:01 PM
If Kobe thinks he isn't done then why doesn't he convince the Lakers to re-sign him? I don't know where he would fit in now to be honest other than NY unless he changes his attitude.

tbone2171
11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
When did the Lakers ever sign him in the first place?

If Kobe thinks he isn't done then why doesn't he convince the Lakers to re-sign him? I don't know where he would fit in now to be honest other than NY unless he changes his attitude.

Wilson
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM

Iverson is good if you're looking for scoring, but the Lakers don't need that.

Kakaroach
11-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Iverson is good if you're looking for scoring, but the Lakers don't need that. True that, but I really don't see him going anywhere now. Unless he comes off the bench, he's as good as retired.

Edwin
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
AI was nice in Denver, they just never could get to the next round.lol. Last year in Detroit, it was horrible. He did not fit in with that team. Detroit was a playoff caliber team(always in the top 3) and to see them diminish like that by just adding A.I. and getting rid of billups was unbelievable. I dont care if you say its because they traded billups, but AI WAS a monster. If you have AI, Rasheed, Rip, Tayshaun, Mcdyess this team should have been good. That whole team had playoff experience, so that team should have done better than they did that year.lol. It scares other teams to sign him becuz it look like AI destroyed that dynasty, and they dont want thim destroying theirs. But A.I. is still good, i think he would fit in with the bobcats or Houston. This is just my opinion.

FOBolous
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
he still got a lot of game in him...the problem is that he STILL wants to be THE MAN. at this point of his career...he can't be "the man" any more. He either have to be the 2nd option, the 3rd option, or in a lot of cases on winning teams, the 6th man and he doesn't want to be any of those 3...he wants to be the 1st option and the 1st option only.

sofargone
11-25-2009, 12:55 PM
ganun?
wala akong pakielam.
i know eh?

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 01:03 PM
ganun?
wala akong pakielam.

wtf.

Raph12
11-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Walsh has gone crazy, his team is just gonna return to the lottery and since they gave away their pick, they will still be **** and no way in hell Lebron will want to go there.

2010-11 Knicks 20-62, book it.

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Walsh has gone crazy, his team is just gonna return to the lottery and since they gave away their pick, they will still be **** and no way in hell Lebron will want to go there.

2010-11 Knicks 20-62, book it.

:speechless: lol

dhype14
11-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Imagine Ai changes his mind and play for the lakers even playing in the 2nd unit just to get a ring. hollyyyy shi**tt

RaiderLakersA's
11-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Interesting thought: would you rather have AI on your team in short spurts or Shaq?

Silent
11-25-2009, 02:13 PM
now we need some pinays:clap:

RaiderLakersA's
11-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Imagine Ai changes his mind and play for the lakers even playing in the 2nd unit just to get a ring. hollyyyy shi**tt

I don't know AI, but from what I hear, he wants to be "The Man." I don't know if he'd care to be "The man playing next to The Man" in Kobe Bryant.

But imagine the sales pitch. The Lakers sends a replica Championship ring to AI with the note, "Play for us and you won't ever have to pass...on this." With the Lakers, PJ would de-emphasize bench player vs. starter and stress key minutes by quarters.

arkanian215
11-25-2009, 02:59 PM
+1. he's a cancer

Carey
11-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Miami could use his scoring off the bench, its gonna take a unique situation, he needs he ball in his hands, he's not a spot up shooter so he doesnt fit offenses easily

RocketsRule
11-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't be a smart move on the Celtics part. They already have a championship caliber team so no need to make risky moves like this.

thephoenixson28
11-25-2009, 03:04 PM
don't do it Danny he's a cancer Says the guy with the marbury avatar

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Says the guy with the marbury avatar

pwned

Reddd
11-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Says the guy with the marbury avatar

Ouch, nice one:laugh2:

unwantedplayer
11-25-2009, 03:13 PM

why not? Marbury was a cancer and he didn't cause a ruckus when he was at Boston. I think A.I. could fit perfectly off the bench with the celtics.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-25-2009, 03:15 PM

lol obviously youve ony been paying attention to AI the last year, and didnt his first 12 years.

dont type dumb things you weirdo!:mad:

Fresno
11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
This would be a very good signing by the Celtics, they tried to do the same thing last year with Marbury but he had obviously lost his scoring touch and was out of shape for most of his time during the regular season.

Iverson could come in and become the 6th Man scoring boost the Celtics need, he has as much if not more left in the tank than Ray Allen who's been declining and struggles with his shot. Lowering Ray Allen's minutes will be crucial for the Celtics as he is always worn out by the Playoffs.

2nd team:
SG-House
SG-Iverson
SF-Daniels
PF-Davis
C-Sheed

That would be the best bench in the NBA, and Iverson could come in and provide an energy burst off the bench as a 6th man along with proving a scoring boost.

I honestly don't see Iverson causing problems with the Celtics.

Fresno
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
why not? Marbury was a cancer and he didn't cause a ruckus when he was at Boston. I think A.I. could fit perfectly off the bench with the celtics.
Exactly.

Marbury came into Boston and fit in with the team, the only problem was he was not in basketball shape after missing about 13 months and his shot was off.

Iverson didn't cause problems in Detroit, with everything that happened it seems like everybody on that team had problems with Curry which led to him being fired.

Iverson didn't cause problems in Denver either, the Nuggets were a 50 win team when he was there.

People have read way too much into Iverson's incident with the Grizzlies, a team that was going nowhere.

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Exactly.

Marbury came into Boston and fit in with the team, the only problem was he was not in basketball shape after missing about 13 months and his shot was off.

Iverson didn't cause problems in Detroit, with everything that happened it seems like everybody on that team had problems with Curry which led to him being fired.

Iverson didn't cause problems in Denver either, the Nuggets were a 50 win team when he was there.

People have read way too much into Iverson's incident with the Grizzlies, a team that was going nowhere.

Agreed.
I still praise him just as much as I did in the past.
I wouldn't suddenly hate on him because he cannot accept a bench role.
What happened to the decade where he played basketball?
It's the people around him that bring him down.
Lakers should just consider signing him.

rapswin98
11-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Its too bad he wants to be a starter, he would be able to do what he does best off the Lakers bench.

Raidaz4Life
11-25-2009, 04:37 PM
If anyone should consider signing him its the Lakers and their God awful bench.

ZebraCity916
11-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I could see him on the Celtics. The Celtics would be scarier then they already are if they got AI. I don't see him being a cancer in Boston cause I'm sure that the Big 3 and AI have mutual respect for each other. Not sure about Rondo though.

rapswin98
11-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Where are they getting all this cash?

ZebraCity916
11-25-2009, 04:45 PM
^^^^I believe they're paying out the *** cause with the player they have there's no way they're not over the cap.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Pj Brown, Marbury, and Moore. Its like they feel they have to take in all washed up old players. Now A.I. Whatever works for them.

bigsams50
11-25-2009, 05:11 PM
Pj Brown, Marbury, and Moore. Its like they feel they have to take in all washed up old players. Now A.I. Whatever works for them.

PJ worked out great for them. Marbury and Moore not so much. If AI is willing to come off the bench and play limited minutes, Boston should jump on that

Deezy Dee 24.
11-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah but we Grizzlies told him straight up before we signed him that he would come off the bench and he said ok and he still cried like a *****. i used to be an AI fan but now i honestly cant stand the guy

BkOriginalOne
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Iverson will be on a playoff roster that is for sure. But I think that Knicks should have taken him, or that he should sign with a contender and come off the pine.
Celtics, Cavs.
Miami, Charlotte, Spurs, Jazz, Hornets.
Even Phili could use him if they pushed Lou to the pine.

SteveNash
11-25-2009, 05:42 PM

Because Marbury never was anywhere near the cancer AI was. Marbury accepted his role. While AI says he'll come off the bench now, it won't take long for him to be outplayed by everyone on the roster and then cry about his minutes. No way should the Celtics even bother with him as they already have a superior player to AI in Lester Hudson.

BkOriginalOne
11-25-2009, 05:46 PM
I have always thought AI would do well playng with these great PGs.
He would work very well coming off the pine as the 1st guard in Utah, and would thrive playing off of DWill and alongside Brewer when he could dominate the ball.

The Hornets could use a guy who can score points and give hope to a falling season in New Orleans.
I know both teams have young guards, but AI shoudnt be overlooked.

Sidenote: Knicks are foolish.

SteveNash
11-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Because AI makes teams worse not better.

Kakaroach
11-25-2009, 05:49 PM
lolwut Yeah, why hasn't KOC offered AI a contract yet? I mean, he's the typical Jerry Sloan player and is willing to come off the bench. Sorry if I came off a little rude, but unless AI drastically changes his attitude, the Jazz won't even consider giving him a call.