PDA

View Full Version : Okc thunder playoffs?

dsickich123
11-25-2009, 02:16 PM
The Thunder have been pretty impressive this year...taking the Lakers into overtime...wins over San Antonio and Orlando...and a big win over the Jazz and Heat recently...

They have a record of 8-7 as of now...

It seems as if their defnse has really stepped up this year...

Doe Durant, Green, Westbrook, and Harden lead this young team into the playoffs THIS YEAR?

Shady66
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
If Utah and New Orleans continue to struggle throughout the year, then probably

Kakaroach
11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
If they play the way they did last night in Utah and shoot the ball that well, then they have a great chance.

bctgg27
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM
It's a possibility. Would be a big step for them.

dsickich123
11-25-2009, 02:25 PM
I really hope so....young team that is so fun to watch...

what54!?
11-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I picked them to be the 8th seed this year and I still stand by that. Durant is definitely an all-star this year, green has been solid, westbrook has improved, and harden has been great off the bench. The only problem with this team is that they can't get a win streak going. I still think they squeeze in the playoffs

dsickich123
11-25-2009, 02:39 PM
yeah...they cant get a win streak...they alternate wins and losses...but, on the other hand, they have had a pretty tough schedule...

Carey
11-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Being a Thunder fan im going to say yes we will get the 8th seed but im still on the fence, we still turnover the ball a little too much, and we still rely heavily on jumpshots because we dont have a post presence. With all that said i think we play playoff defense and James Harden is a wildcard because he's playing more aggressive and is capable of giving us double figures any given night off the bench, as well as Serge Ibaka's development.

dsickich123
11-25-2009, 02:44 PM
They are very streaky...but so is every young team...it is tough to say...but looking at the competition...The Hornets, or Jazz are really the only two teams we have to worry about, and IMO thunder better than both...

arkanian215
11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
it's possible. i like their youth but i think eventually it'll ruin them. they dont seem to have a legit center although i really like nenad and serge ibaka.

arkanian215
11-25-2009, 02:46 PM
and yeah... james harden will be god.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-25-2009, 03:13 PM
i was really impressed when they met with the lakers

15 blocks,nasty ****

td0tsfinest
11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
ye but they also lost to the clippers and the kings. If the thunder want to make the playoffs they need to win those games. Western Conference is immensely tough but they got some good young talent.

jimbobjarree
11-25-2009, 03:38 PM
If they continue to shoot as insanely hot as they did last night they're in with a shout. I really think its another Portland scenario of 2 years ago, when they were like 8th seed at Christmas and all this blazermania hubbub started up again, and then they cooled off alot and didnt make it, I think OKC will do that.

you got San Antonio to come through, and I think Utah when they get their shooters back will be a different team and will be better. OKC will be there next season without a doubt, this season I will be impressed if they clinch 8th. Although if Utah still cant hook it up and the Spurs continue with injuries who knows.

If OKC had a dominant post player they would be a mid playoff team IMO, wether that be center or PF, which makes me wonder would you guys sacrafice a player like Green, who with Durant around will always be playing out of position, for someone like Boozer who will get you to the playoffs sooner with you guys being able to afford to sign him on in the future?

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 03:54 PM
I hope they do, and Utah and Jazz don't.

Carey
11-25-2009, 03:56 PM
^I dont think so, Green is still growing as a player i think the model for him is Antwan Jamison, he'll continue to improve his mid range game, he has gotten stronger but will never be physically imposing, we will get a back to the basket player very soon with the assets we have but not moving Green to do it, maybe at some point he moves to a 6th man role but i think they get a guy who can play with Green

jimbobjarree
11-25-2009, 05:04 PM
what else have you got to trade for that type of player though presuming you wont give up Harden, Westbrook, Green and Durant, and FA being a long shot. Without a type of player like that, like Booz who provides everything you need and provides another leader along with Durant, I dont see you making the playoffs this season unless the Spurs continue to have horrid injury problems and the Hornets dont get CP3 back till too late.

jimbobjarree
11-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I hope they do, and Utah and Jazz don't.

well thats muppet of the week award sewn up

Kakaroach
11-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I hope they do, and Utah and Jazz don't. Yes Utah and Jazz will not make the playoffs. But seriously, unless they continue to shoot at a ridiculous pace, I don't think OKC makes the playoffs.

Carey
11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
what else have you got to trade for that type of player though presuming you wont give up Harden, Westbrook, Green and Durant, and FA being a long shot. Without a type of player like that, like Booz who provides everything you need and provides another leader along with Durant, I dont see you making the playoffs this season unless the Spurs continue to have horrid injury problems and the Hornets dont get CP3 back till too late.

We have 5 draft picks this summer, for a team already loaded with young talent i doubt we keep all these picks, we have a couple expiring contracts, already have plenty of cap space, we have options thru trade, free agency and sign and trade. We have what we need to acquire a post presence, this organization is trying to build a consistent winner that can compete every year so they'll be very methodical.

Deezy Dee 24.
11-25-2009, 05:35 PM
We aren't 15 games in the season.
C'mon now.

jimbobjarree
11-25-2009, 05:42 PM
We have 5 draft picks this summer, for a team already loaded with young talent i doubt we keep all these picks, we have a couple expiring contracts, already have plenty of cap space, we have options thru trade, free agency and sign and trade. We have what we need to acquire a post presence, this organization is trying to build a consistent winner that can compete every year so they'll be very methodical.

wow I was unaware you had 5 picks (all 1sts?)

I still dont see you getting that type of player unless you grossly overpay, but then you have to think of durant, westy and green's extensions over the next few years. The only one really available is Booz (I dont count West cus he's not a post presense and overated), it'd be a risk but worth it for both teams, but I understand your willingness to keep hold of Green.

Carey
11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
wow I was unaware you had 5 picks (all 1sts?)

I still dont see you getting that type of player unless you grossly overpay, but then you have to think of durant, westy and green's extensions over the next few years. The only one really available is Booz (I dont count West cus he's not a post presense and overated), it'd be a risk but worth it for both teams, but I understand your willingness to keep hold of Green.

2 1st, and 2nd from Minnesota which will be like a late first, and 2 more 2nd's. Besides the obvious names people know we still have Serge Ibaka, Byron Mullens, DJ White and Kyle Weaver as young guys we are developing. I'd be suprise if we kept more then two of those picks. We'll package them, use expiring contracts to acquire a piece or two. We have the lowest payroll in basketball and we have more money coming off the books at the end of the year.

PartyManPat
11-25-2009, 08:36 PM
I think the Thunder can make the playoff's, Durant is a stud

dubh46
11-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Carey is going to call me out, but unless we make a trade we will not make the playoffs this season. I think we will be close to .500 but just under. I think next year we make a run for the playoffs. I would like to see us pick up a nice "back to the basket big" either pf or center. I really like this team but no playoffs this year without a trade or two.

GodsSon
11-25-2009, 10:37 PM
i can see them getting the 8 spot

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 10:40 PM
well thats muppet of the week award sewn up

I'm sorry, I have a thing against Mormons.

Punkindrublic03
11-25-2009, 10:50 PM
This thread is heart breaking

sofargone
11-25-2009, 11:21 PM
like kevin garnett, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

dsickich123
11-26-2009, 03:39 PM
i think that they can make the playoffs without that back-to-the-basket big. BUT, i think if they really want to be a contender in the playoffs, they do need that big...

As for signing a free agent/trading someone, I would be very weary on this. We have a young rebuilding team and are still set for the FUTURE....signing an older player to play post would only benefit in short-tern while we may have to give up one of our long term pieces due to trading or money...

Boozer, on the other hand, may still be a good pickup becasue he has a lot more years....

The other question is that the minutes that Serge Ibaka has beeen in the games, he plays very well. Plays big and tough and if a great defensive big...Could he eventually be our answer?

Gators123
11-26-2009, 03:42 PM
I think they can.

Wilson
11-26-2009, 03:44 PM
I think they have a shot. I wanted to put on a bet that they'd make the play-offs but I couldn't find anywhere in England that would take it. The only one they were offering was that they'd win the conference, which I wanted no part of.

dsickich123
11-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah that is a tough division...Denver, Portland, OKC, and Utah....no chance there....Denver and Portland are too much....