PDA

View Full Version : Mavs lose.....

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Mavs lose to the Warriors @ home with the Warriors only playing 6 PLAYERS!

Just take a look @ the minutes played by some people.

Rad- 48
Morrow-48
Ellis-40+

I think the lowest was like 35 min. This also comes with Nelson away with pneumonia.

Spurred1
11-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Yep-Mavs stunk it up.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-25-2009, 02:50 AM
saw that before, amazing lol

EternalLakeShow
11-25-2009, 02:51 AM
i had a feeling the warriors might play real well with nelson being out sick
but damn with only 6 players 1 of being vlad rad

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 02:57 AM
I saw the highlights. The Mavs were up by like 9-10 with 6-8 left in the game. Warriors came back and really took this game. Curry was great.

GoatMilk
11-25-2009, 03:17 AM
first team since 1952 to win with 6 players (ESPN)

IDB Josh M
11-25-2009, 03:20 AM
GS seems to have Dallas's number. Remember the playoffs from a couple years ago?

ChiSox219
11-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Morrow is so sick.

Punkindrublic03
11-25-2009, 03:34 AM
Wowzers... Seriously Dallas? You let the Warriors smack you at home w/o their head coach and a 6 man rotation? Yikes.

Mavrix
11-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Mavs didn't play 3 starters.

montazingmvp
11-25-2009, 03:52 AM

hardly a valid excuse when the warriors only has 6 players available.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

:facepalm:

_KB24_

Please don't tell me your going to defend them? Its the Warriors......scratch that, it's HALF the Warriors.........

ChiSox219
11-25-2009, 03:55 AM

The Warriors played Vlad Radmanovic for 48 minutes...

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 04:02 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

mjt20mik
11-25-2009, 04:15 AM

LMAO. My cousin said the same thing. Why can't people like you just admit your team got outplayed. Not having 3 starters is barely an excuse playing a team that only had 6 players (1 of them being brand new to the team and 2 of them getting inconsistent minutes).

theuuord
11-25-2009, 04:25 AM
why did the Warriors only play 6?

caseyv415
11-25-2009, 04:25 AM

Nope, They played 4, if you count Q then 5
Q.Ross G
D.Nowitzki
D.Gooden
R.Beaubois
J.Kidd
J.Terry
vs
Mikki Moore- LoL
Randolph/RadMan
A. Morrow
M. Ellis
S. Curry

caseyv415
11-25-2009, 04:26 AM

Injuries/Illness'
Maggette was hurt too but suited up to meet the league min 7 players in uni

Mavrix
11-25-2009, 04:26 AM
LMAO. My cousin said the same thing. Why can't people like you just admit your team got outplayed. Not having 3 starters is barely an excuse playing a team that only had 6 players (1 of them being brand new to the team and 2 of them getting inconsistent minutes).

Both Josh Howard and Shawn Marion would be the 2nd best player on the GS roster behind Ellis, and the best defenders on their respective team. Our 3 starters > there 6-7 players. Most of their injured players aren't even in their rotation anyway. I don't know why they didn't play Maggette.

theuuord
11-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Injuries/Illness'
Maggette was hurt to but suited up to meet the league min 7 players in uni

but eight players (the minimum) had to have been suited. who was the other?

mjt20mik
11-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Both Josh Howard and Shawn Marion would be the 2nd best player on the GS roster behind Ellis, and the best defenders on their respective team. Our 3 starters > there 6-7 players. Most of their injured players aren't even in their rotation anyway. I don't know why they didn't play Maggette.

Yeah. I'm just trying to understand how not having Howard and Marion is an excuse. You guys played a 6 man team, and lost. Mikki Moore, Randolph and Morrow were barely getting minutes (consistent ones at least) prior to this game.

mjt20mik
11-25-2009, 04:33 AM

F Chris Hunter

abe_froman
11-25-2009, 04:37 AM
shouldnt be surprising,they have talent..its everything else thats the bad part

robbnen#31
11-25-2009, 04:39 AM

To give you a summary:

-CJ Watson has the swine flu
-Andris Biedrins has been out for basically the entire season with a back/core muscle issue of some sort
-Turiaf has been out all year with a knee problem
-Brandon Wright had a tear in his labrum and had surgery
-Azubuike was playing great then he ****ed up his knee and he's out for the year
-Raja Bell is getting surgery on his wrist, he played 1 game injured only because the warriors needed him to suit up to be eligible to play
-Maggette has a strained hamstring and missed the mav game, but suited up

Leaving them with: Curry, Ellis, Morrow, Vlad Rad, Moore, Randolph, and some new d-league guy they signed (Hunter- I think that's his name)

Randolph came off the bench all though he would be starting at the 4 if Biedrins/Turiaf weren't both hurt so he's playing the 5 temporarily, leaving the other 5 too start. Moore shouldn't be in the NBA- although his style fits in with Oakland, and Vlad Rad is nothing more than somebody to come off the bench.

-but lol at the excuse the mavs only played 3 starters, so did the warriors and the other 2 guys starting were moore and vlad rad
- also hopefully the warriors can find Nelson a 1 way ticket to Maui, let Smart take over

Spurred1
11-25-2009, 04:48 AM

:pity:

That excuse doesn't work when the other team is completely depleted. Mavs were morons and thought this would be an easy win for them. They played no defense and let the Warriors get whatever they needed. They totally fell into the fast smallball trap the Warriors laid for them. There is no excuse for that loss.

Credit to the Warriors for the win. And damn the Mavs.

John408
11-25-2009, 05:38 AM
The only player on the Warriors that would be a starter on other teams is Ellis. Everyone else on the warriors would ride the bench elsewhere...Mentioning that Dallas didnt play 3 starters is ********. Not only did the warriors have only 6 players, they were missing their head coach as well. LOL..and they were playing away in Dallas. Dallas had a complete advantage over the Warriors and still got beat. LOL.

Spurred1
11-25-2009, 05:41 AM
I think Nelson being apart from the team probably helps. He's not playing mind games or engaging in the soap operas with them. The assistant coach is just letting them play-esp. Monta.

skratcher
11-25-2009, 06:23 AM

Dude, you still had Dirk, Jet, and J-Kidd.

The Mavs played well, but the Warriors played even better down the stretch.

lakersfan211
11-25-2009, 07:24 AM
mavs have always been mentally weak so it really dont suprise me , thats why they will never win a championship .

DenButsu
11-25-2009, 08:03 AM
I think Nelson being apart from the team probably helps. He's not playing mind games or engaging in the soap operas with them. The assistant coach is just letting them play-esp. Monta.

No doubt. The GSW FO should make that a permanent reality. Amazing they haven't already.

JKiddFan4Life
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
Mavs lose to the Warriors @ home with the Warriors only playing 6 PLAYERS!

Just take a look @ the minutes played by some people.

Rad- 48
Morrow-48
Ellis-40+

I think the lowest was like 35 min. This also comes with Nelson away with pneumonia.
Wow, you're going to post this in the NBA forum, that's classless man! Anyone can lose to a bad team from time to time. I believe Charlotte had LA's number last year. Perhaps, the Mavs were mentally unprepared, thinking they would easily wipe the floor with a 6 player team. Again, classless...

Iron24th
11-25-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow, you're going to post this in the NBA forum, that's classless man! Anyone can lose to a bad team from time to time. I believe Charlotte had LA's number last year. Perhaps, the Mavs were mentally unprepared, thinking they would easily wipe the floor with a 6 player team. Again, classless...

How is this classless? It's just amazing how a team can lose to a six players rotation team,no disrespect.

force_within
11-25-2009, 11:30 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
excuses!!!!

really was surprised when i saw the boxscores....all of the 6 players played at least 30 minutes...

JKiddFan4Life
11-25-2009, 11:30 AM
How is this classless? It's just amazing how a team can lose to a six players rotation team,no disrespect.
This isn't the first time an underdog (although extreme in this situation) has defeated a better team. Golden State outplayed us, plain and simple, why is this newsworthy? It just seems like some underlying hatred from the guy that posted this. We suffered the loss, believe me, everyone knows how badly we played. But it's one game out of 82.

gcoll
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't see the need for a thread on this. **** like this happens sometimes.

Oh. Wait. I get it. The Mavs were ahead of the Lakers in the standings.

HoopsDrive
11-25-2009, 11:35 AM
If it happened to any other top team like the Lakers, Celtics or Magic people would be talking about it too, perhaps even more.

Like you said, it's no big deal but people love when stuff like this happens against any team.

Reality is, the Mavs lost to a 6-man rotation with only one player that would be a regular starter on another team (Ellis) and I don't think that's ever happened before... holy ****

#1Mavericksfan
11-25-2009, 11:46 AM
If it happened to any other top team like the Lakers, Celtics or Magic people would be talking about it too, perhaps even more.

Like you said, it's no big deal but people love when stuff like this happens against any team.

Reality is, the Mavs lost to a 6-man rotation with only one player that would be a regular starter on another team (Ellis) and I don't think that's ever happened before... holy ****

Really?....because the Bobcats OWN the Lakers and nobody even want to talk about that....when was the last time the Lakers beat the Bobcat in the season?

HoopsDrive
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Really?....because the Bobcats OWN the Lakers and nobody even want to talk about that....when was the last time the Lakers beat the Bobcat in the season?

The Lakers didn't get beat by a team with a 6-man rotation, with only one perennial starter and without their head coach (which is arguably a good thing but w.e).

The circumstances are different. The Mavs had a huge advantage, even with some of their starters gone, over the Warriors.

Had the Lakers lost to a Bobcats team with Gerald Wallace and only 5 other bench players people would be talking about it too.

sofargone
11-25-2009, 12:17 PM

stop whining, the bobcats must have had more than 6 players playing. stop complaining.

nrwskinny
11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Its the West--GS is bound to lose the next game by 20!!!

wileyisTOFU
11-25-2009, 12:23 PM
This isn't the first time an underdog (although extreme in this situation) has defeated a better team. Golden State outplayed us, plain and simple, why is this newsworthy? It just seems like some underlying hatred from the guy that posted this. We suffered the loss, believe me, everyone knows how badly we played. But it's one game out of 82.

werd up

Mavrix
11-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Nope, They played 4, if you count Q then 5
Q.Ross G
D.Nowitzki
D.Gooden
R.Beaubois
J.Kidd
J.Terry
vs
Mikki Moore- LoL
Randolph/RadMan
A. Morrow
M. Ellis
S. CurryHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Drew Gooden, reigning 6th man Jason Terry, and Q Ross are NOT starters

PG: Kidd
SG: Josh Howard
SF: Marion
PF: Nowitzki
C: Dampier

The bold are your starters bud. Don't get **** twisted.

theuuord
11-25-2009, 02:24 PM

are the mavs really a team that incites a lot of hatred? I just thought it was a really strange loss. It's true that underdogs win often, but a team that only played six players hasn't won in almost 40 years. That's newsworthy, whether it happened to your team or mine.

Shady66
11-25-2009, 02:25 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Drew Gooden, reigning 6th man Jason Terry, and Q Ross are NOT starters

PG: Kidd
SG: Josh Howard
SF: Marion
PF: Nowitzki
C: Dampier

The bold are your starters bud. Don't get **** twisted.

Im pretty sure hes saying who played the majority of minutes vs GS.

astrosmaniac
11-25-2009, 02:25 PM

the warriors had to sign a d-leaguer and dress and injured player, they still won

astrosmaniac
11-25-2009, 02:26 PM

they signed a d-leaguer to sit on the bench

Mavrix
11-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Im pretty sure hes saying who played the majority of minutes vs GS.

Nah that's not what he's saying. Quinton Ross didn't even play in the 2nd half from being injured.

Shady66
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Nah that's not what he's saying. Quinton Ross didn't even play in the 2nd half from being injured.

O haha well then hes just an idiot lol

astrosmaniac
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM

this is newsworthy because it is the 1st time it has happened in 57 years, so yes it deserves a thread in the main forum and is in no way classless

BlondeBomber41
11-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Its this simple... the Mavs had a 9 point lead in the 4th, went absolutely cold and the Warriors hit everything they put up. That simple, they played better when the game was on the line and congrats to them.

Spurred1
11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
mavs have always been mentally weak so it really dont suprise me , thats why they will never win a championship .

Sigh...

Mavs have always been mentally weak so it really doesn't surprise me. That is why they will never win a championship.

Oh, wait..you don't care nothing about grammar...

theuuord
11-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Sigh...

Mavs have always been mentally weak so it really doesn't surprise me. That is why they will never win a championship.

Oh, wait..you don't care nothing about grammar...

grammar nazis are so much more annoying than bad grammar that you can understand.

pebloemer
11-25-2009, 03:48 PM
are the mavs really a team that incites a lot of hatred? I just thought it was a really strange loss. It's true that underdogs win often, but a team that only played six players hasn't won in almost 40 years. That's newsworthy, whether it happened to your team or mine.

I think that fact that it hasn't happened since 1952 makes the thread incredibly newsworthy.

That being said the title of the thread and many posts turn it into a Mavs bashing thread rather than appreciating the quality of play those 6 players were able to sustain over the course of the game. The title "Mavs lose..." puts the focus of the thread in the wrong direction in my opinion.

thedfactor
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
grammar nazis are so much more annoying than bad grammar that you can understand.i concur. And about the game, any Mavs fan ought to be upset, it was a lackluster performance last night. Golden State had just six guys play, but this is the NBA and you can't take nights off, which looked like Dallas did. Never take a team for granted, especially not the Warriors. The Mavericks should want to own the GSW every time they play for the embarrassment they caused in the 07 playoffs, even if most that We Believe team is no longer there.

Bounce back game in H-Town, let's do it.

Toenail Clipper
11-25-2009, 04:00 PM

It's not the team that incites hatred, it's the idiots who makes dumb excuses when in reality, Mavericks had the advantage.

CityofTreez
11-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Mavericks. :facepalm:

They have a funky roster, but they'll make playoffs this year. You win some, You lose some

Giants-49ers-Ws
11-25-2009, 04:33 PM
great win W's..keep it up, we own dallas

Warriorsforlife
11-25-2009, 04:43 PM
let the haters hate. this is bigger news than most of the other bs threads I see. Warriors have chemistry now that jacks gone plain and simple you get rid of a cancer the body gets back to normal. they've played well the last 4 games games win or loose. They will be a force to reckon with especially when we get the other half of our players back.

asmarks18
11-25-2009, 05:27 PM
I was pretty pissed off about that game last night. But there is not excuse about what happened. Our team with 3 important players out is still good enough to defeat a team just playing 6 players. We were up by 9 late in the 4th and we just let this one get away. Not only did The Warriors play just 6 players. The Mavs also had 3 days of rest. Which makes it even worse. Dirk went into the 4th with 28 points and the offense kept running through Terry instead of Dirk. Just poor executing by us on the offensive end not getting Dirk the ball and poor transition defense. Golden State capitalized on our mistakes and hit their shots. It was disappointing but **** happens.

Vinny642
11-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Mavs are alright but this isnt a good sign

cmellofan15
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
The Warriors should play with this roster every game.

The_Mac22
11-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Yea it was a great game.

Go dubs! :D

Mavrix
11-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Mavs are alright but this isnt a good sign

lol one game without 3 starters? get the **** out of here. were 10-4 and we haven't been healthy all year. don't get your panties in a wad because your hornets aren't making the playoffs.

Mavrix
11-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Why is no one posting anything about the same 8 man roster beating Portland a couple of nights ago?

sofargone
11-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Why is no one posting anything about the same 8 man roster beating Portland a couple of nights ago?

did 6 players play in that game?

DallasMavsGuy
11-25-2009, 06:01 PM
They lost their focus, they were stupid and lost it. Lets get over it. Just like we do with every other team in the league when they lose.

sofargone
11-25-2009, 06:06 PM
They lost their focus, they were stupid and lost it. Lets get over it. Just like we do with every other team in the league when they lose.

yeah cuz everyone is always against the mavericks :facepalm:

Webelievegs!
11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Not to mention that the refs were trying to win the game for the Mavs....

asmarks18
11-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Not to mention that the refs were trying to win the game for the Mavs....

Oh god heres this guy again. The refs weren't be biased towards us or favoring us. You won. Be happy about that.

asmarks18
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
yeah cuz everyone is always against the mavericks :facepalm:

Sometimes it sure does seem that way. The disrespect the Mavs get, especially Dirk has been made clear by the NBA fans and the media. At least thats how I see it. The media hates on the Mavs as a team and organization and the fans hate on Dirk.

mp3
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
pretty funny how every mavs fan on here is acting like the mavs played terrible, and giving the warriors no credit. You guys are still mad about 07:facepalm:. stop crying :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

sofargone
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Sometimes it sure does seem that way. The disrespect the Mavs get, especially Dirk has been made clear by the NBA fans and the media. At least thats how I see it. The media hates on the Mavs as a team and organization and the fans hate on Dirk.
there are players and teams that are more hated than the mavs, i assure you that.

asmarks18
11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
pretty funny how every mavs fan on here is acting like the mavs played terrible, and giving the warriors no credit. You guys are still mad about 07:facepalm:. stop crying :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

We are all over the 07 choke job. If you need to hear it.....Props to your team. Ellis and Curry duo killed us and your team played with some guts with 3 of your guys playing 48 minutes. And we did play terrible, no way should we have lost that game. Not executing our game plan on the offensive end and not getting back on defense is not acceptable.

asmarks18
11-25-2009, 06:29 PM
there are players and teams that are more hated than the mavs, i assure you that.

Name one. Maybe the Knicks?

MiamiHeat
11-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Lawlzzzzzz

BlondeBomber41
11-25-2009, 08:15 PM

You won because the Mavs played terrible AND because the Warriors played great... If the Mavs had played like the game meant anything to them they would of won.

DenButsu
11-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Okay, I didn't close this at first just on the grounds that it is somewhat remarkable that any team using just 6 players could beat any team with a record as strong as Dallas'.

But I think all the points that could be made have been, and there's just too much bashing going on. This thread has run its course.

/closed