PDA

View Full Version : VC Interviewed (Nov 23): Shocking answers about Toronto. JThompson Lied?

ThuglifeJ
11-24-2009, 06:57 PM
http://my.thescore.com/courtsurfing/archive/2009/11/23/vc-where-it-all-started.aspx

"Saturday evening, Vince Carter’s teammate Rashard Lewis retweeted something that seemed a little fitting for the occasion of his teammate’s return to Toronto:
@Rashard_Lewis: RT @RevRunWisdom: Those who hate must have once loved very deeply."

On coming back to Toronto and facing the boos:
"It's whatever. I don't get caught up in that…. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, to their feelings. It's just unfortunate that it's a false misconception of what really happened. I choose not to really get caught up in it. I just let the chips fall as they may and continue to live my life and play my career. I still enjoy coming back here playing and being a part of all of this. It doesn't bother me."

Does it fuel him?:
"Of course it fuels you. When they don't do it now, that's when I play my worst games. A couple of times I have come here and I haven't played as well, and the boos weren't as loud. I enjoy this part of the game. It's unfortunate, like I said, but one day, everybody will get it. Everybody will understand."

On his rookie season:
"I tell you, my rookie year, I just was trying to make my mark. Just to show I'm very capable of playing here and then I got my opportunity here with coach Butch Carter. I had a lot of great veterans with Oak, Kevin Willis, Doug Christie and Dee Brown. I had so many guys that really helped, showed me the way. I was just looking forward each and every night to proving my point, more so. Coming in I was drafted fifth, but for my teammates and the coaching staff, they were more disappointed that I wasn't in the rookie of the year talk sooner than I was. I'm a patient person. I've realized that all things happen for a reason and the second part of the season, it was just a whole different ballgame. We had Toronto rocking."

Going in a different direction from the team, and the arrival of Chris Bosh:
"Chris came in as a rookie, seeing him being a young excited guy, he was an ACC guy so I took to him and he deserved being the feature guy here. He did. It was just the way things worked out as that. He was developing, young, up-and-coming and you can see who he is now. They wanted him to grow and flourish and I understood that. There were never any bad feelings toward the organization or him. It's a business decision and that's the way it goes sometimes. I get it. I think the fans sometimes, may not understand that but it kind of came off as I didn't want to be here. That's not what it was. It was moving in different directions. At some point, people will see that. It worked out. I was able to go somewhere else and do what I needed to do and Chris was able to grow, flourish and become a perennial all-star."

In order to "let it go" does the Raptors franchise need to reach a higher level of success than they had with him?:
"I don't know. I think it takes for people to understand what it's all about, what actually happened. They look at me as the person that hates Toronto, and I love Toronto to death. I don't know. [As someone] who didn't want to be here. It wasn't that, they were just moving in another direction and they felt Chris Bosh was the way they wanted to go. I was like, 'Hey I understand that.' I didn't want to be a problem in the locker room, which I guess everybody thought that I would be. No, I was encouraging him and kind of helping him learn what it takes to handle himself on and off of the court as the go-to guy, as the marquee name and I think it's really helped him today."

The player Bosh has turned out to be:
“I knew he had it. He definitely had a potential. That's why I think they chose to make that decision, hoping that he'd grow into the guy that he is today. He was a smart kid, he really wanted to get better, wanted to learn and I'm happy for him."

On the infamous John Thompson interview:
"It's unfortunate that it happened that way. It wasn't even about that. It was about playing in the summer. It was about working out.”

Was Thompson interview footage edited wrong?:
“It was edited totally wrong. It's just crazy. The question was about the preparation in the summer and how I go about it. I said some people have to work a lot harder, train a lot harder in the summer to fine tune their game. I put my time in all year, I don't try to work out as hard in the beginning of the summer as everyone else would do for the rest of the summer. The middle and to the end of the summer is when I would start putting my work in, but it came out as I wasn't trying hard in the game. How the hell could I not try hard in the game when I'm one of the focal points of the team, here and everywhere I played? It just did not make sense to me. I think that's where the whole misconception started because it was like, 'Oh I didn't play hard in the game,' the question was how did I approach my summer workouts, you know? So, it was just crazy."

Will it become important for him, to one day have a better reception from Toronto fans:
"I think as the years go by, it will change. Meaning, it will become more important because I have no ill feelings here. I will always remember where it started. I remember that first practice, Butch Carter pulling me aside, saying 'we're going to show the world what you can do,' I remember the second practice, Charles Oakley pulled me aside and was like, 'I'm going to help you be the rookie of the year.' This is where it all started. This is where I got the opportunity to showcase who I was. I was the fifth pick but I wasn't even considered as a rookie of the year in the first half of that season. You always remember that. I had six great years. I learned the game from here. I really don't understand where it all comes from. I think it's a misconception of some things that hopefully will come to the light one day."

Reporter: "To talk to his teammates today, Carter has evolved as a player and as a leader. When the Magic were in town a few weeks ago, J.J. Redick, coming off of a career night had high praise for Carter, calling him the most down-to-earth NBA player he’d ever played with."

..From another source:video
Does it hurt? The boos?
"I mean of course it does, I played 6 years here. Not just on the court but with the community as well."
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/vince2000006_jpg.jpg

WeaponXXX
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
I will review the JT interview. If this is true, I will put down my heavy heavy hatred for this guy. And no lie, it is quiet true that he gets booed so hard because he was loved so much.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Yea you stupid Raptors haters.

It was 6 years ago. Let go.

HoopsDrive
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
The fans that go to the ACC can hate him and everything but by now they should realize that by booing him when he's in town, facing the Raps... you're just helping VC's team, whether it was the Nets or, more recently, the Magic.

I still remember this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5opCD6Rm0&feature=related

dtmagnet
11-24-2009, 07:45 PM
It's definitely true, the hate he gets from Toronto fans is because at one time we loved him so much. If what he is saying is really true then it changes my perspective as a Raptors fan for sure.

DWT
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
"It's unfortunate that it happened that way. It wasn't even about that. It was about playing in the summer. It was about working out.”

“It was edited totally wrong. It's just crazy. The question was about the preparation in the summer and how I go about it. I said some people have to work a lot harder, train a lot harder in the summer to fine tune their game. I put my time in all year, I don't try to work out as hard in the beginning of the summer as everyone else would do for the rest of the summer. The middle and to the end of the summer is when I would start putting my work in, but it came out as I wasn't trying hard in the game. How the hell could I not try hard in the game when I'm one of the focal points of the team, here and everywhere I played? It just did not make sense to me. I think that's where the whole misconception started because it was like, 'Oh I didn't play hard in the game,' the question was how did I approach my summer workouts, you know? So, it was just crazy."

I don't see him saying that JT lied, just that it was edited in a way that put a spin on his answers that weren't intended.

The way Vince carries himself is what leads some people to think he just doesn't care or try. He's always been a very laid back person leading people to view it as lack of effort.

He was the best player to wear a Raptors jersey so far. Fans need to realize that and get over it.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't see him saying that Thomson lied, just that it was edited in a way that put a spin on his answers that weren't intended.

That's pretty much lying.

ManRam
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Thompson himself has said that things were taken out of context and wildly misrepresented.

Thompson later even said Carter’s words were unfairly reported:

“But shortly after Carter arrived in New Jersey in December 2004, many people labeled him a slacker because of comments he made during a TNT interview in which he seemed to suggest that he did not always work his hardest in Toronto.

John Thompson, the current TNT analyst and the former Georgetown basketball coach who conducted the interview, said he felt people misinterpreted Carter’s words.

“That boy never said to me, ‘Coach, I just laid down and quit,’ ” Thompson said in a telephone interview last week.

“I was embarrassed and felt awful about it for his sake, because I knew what he was communicating to me. I think he was more expressing a desire of wanting to do better, as we all do.”
http://dimemag.com/2008/05/the-vince-carter-apologist/

DWT
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
That's pretty much lying.

Thompson wasn't or isn't responsible for final cut and what is aired or the context it is aired in. He did his interview and put it in the hands of the producers.

clutchski
11-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Most people boo because it's fun, not because we absolutely HATE Vince Carter. It's almost like an electric boo, like you're compelled in the crowd mass to do it.

DWT
11-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Most people boo because it's fun, not because we absolutely HATE Vince Carter. It's almost like an electric boo, like you're compelled in the crowd mass to do it.

Most people boo because they don't know any better and follow along with 19,020 other people because they think that's what they should be doing.

clutchski
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Most people boo because they don't know any better and follow along with 19,020 other people because they think that's what they should be doing.

People aren't blatant idiots as you make them out to be, people do it because it's fun.

dtmagnet
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
People aren't blatant idiots as you make them out to be, people do it because it's fun.

I think you should change that to, "Not all people are blatant idiots..." For sure there are lots of Raptors fans that go to games and never saw Vince play a game in a Raptors jersey, yet still boo him along with the crowd.

clutchski
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM
I think you should change that to, "Not all people are blatant idiots..." For sure there are lots of Raptors fans that go to games and never saw Vince play a game in a Raptors jersey, yet still boo him along with the crowd.

Fair enough :D

*Superman*
11-24-2009, 09:28 PM
The fans that go to the ACC can hate him and everything but by now they should realize that by booing him when he's in town, facing the Raps... you're just helping VC's team, whether it was the Nets or, more recently, the Magic.

I still remember this:

Wow that was just pure awesomeness.

SaimoNETS
11-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Wow that was just pure awesomeness.

if you like that one, you'll like this one too. its on the game-winner he hit last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvPIlAL8xQw

Raps18-19 Champ
11-24-2009, 10:09 PM
if you like that one, you'll like this one too. its on the game-winner he hit last year.

That video edit so sick.

ThuglifeJ
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsF4b7V_e0c&feature=related

here's a better version if you don't like the special effects.

marvILLous
11-24-2009, 10:33 PM

omg i was at that game haha best ball game i ever seen.. still love vc no matter what :D

mjt20mik
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah. I was upset when that interview came out, but you know what, whether it be true or false, I still think that he's done way more for this organization than fans credit.

Rego247
11-24-2009, 11:00 PM
http://my.thescore.com/courtsurfing/archive/2009/11/23/vc-where-it-all-started.aspx

"Saturday evening, Vince Carter’s teammate Rashard Lewis retweeted something that seemed a little fitting for the occasion of his teammate’s return to Toronto:
@Rashard_Lewis: RT @RevRunWisdom: Those who hate must have once loved very deeply."

On coming back to Toronto and facing the boos:
"It's whatever. I don't get caught up in that…. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, to their feelings. It's just unfortunate that it's a false misconception of what really happened. I choose not to really get caught up in it. I just let the chips fall as they may and continue to live my life and play my career. I still enjoy coming back here playing and being a part of all of this. It doesn't bother me."

Does it fuel him?:
"Of course it fuels you. When they don't do it now, that's when I play my worst games. A couple of times I have come here and I haven't played as well, and the boos weren't as loud. I enjoy this part of the game. It's unfortunate, like I said, but one day, everybody will get it. Everybody will understand."

On his rookie season:
"I tell you, my rookie year, I just was trying to make my mark. Just to show I'm very capable of playing here and then I got my opportunity here with coach Butch Carter. I had a lot of great veterans with Oak, Kevin Willis, Doug Christie and Dee Brown. I had so many guys that really helped, showed me the way. I was just looking forward each and every night to proving my point, more so. Coming in I was drafted fifth, but for my teammates and the coaching staff, they were more disappointed that I wasn't in the rookie of the year talk sooner than I was. I'm a patient person. I've realized that all things happen for a reason and the second part of the season, it was just a whole different ballgame. We had Toronto rocking."

Going in a different direction from the team, and the arrival of Chris Bosh:
"Chris came in as a rookie, seeing him being a young excited guy, he was an ACC guy so I took to him and he deserved being the feature guy here. He did. It was just the way things worked out as that. He was developing, young, up-and-coming and you can see who he is now. They wanted him to grow and flourish and I understood that. There were never any bad feelings toward the organization or him. It's a business decision and that's the way it goes sometimes. I get it. I think the fans sometimes, may not understand that but it kind of came off as I didn't want to be here. That's not what it was. It was moving in different directions. At some point, people will see that. It worked out. I was able to go somewhere else and do what I needed to do and Chris was able to grow, flourish and become a perennial all-star."

In order to "let it go" does the Raptors franchise need to reach a higher level of success than they had with him?:
"I don't know. I think it takes for people to understand what it's all about, what actually happened. They look at me as the person that hates Toronto, and I love Toronto to death. I don't know. [As someone] who didn't want to be here. It wasn't that, they were just moving in another direction and they felt Chris Bosh was the way they wanted to go. I was like, 'Hey I understand that.' I didn't want to be a problem in the locker room, which I guess everybody thought that I would be. No, I was encouraging him and kind of helping him learn what it takes to handle himself on and off of the court as the go-to guy, as the marquee name and I think it's really helped him today."

The player Bosh has turned out to be:
“I knew he had it. He definitely had a potential. That's why I think they chose to make that decision, hoping that he'd grow into the guy that he is today. He was a smart kid, he really wanted to get better, wanted to learn and I'm happy for him."

Will it become important for him, to one day have a better reception from Toronto fans:
"I think as the years go by, it will change. Meaning, it will become more important because I have no ill feelings here. I will always remember where it started. I remember that first practice, Butch Carter pulling me aside, saying 'we're going to show the world what you can do,' I remember the second practice, Charles Oakley pulled me aside and was like, 'I'm going to help you be the rookie of the year.' This is where it all started. This is where I got the opportunity to showcase who I was. I was the fifth pick but I wasn't even considered as a rookie of the year in the first half of that season. You always remember that. I had six great years. I learned the game from here. I really don't understand where it all comes from. I think it's a misconception of some things that hopefully will come to the light one day."

Reporter: "To talk to his teammates today, Carter has evolved as a player and as a leader. When the Magic were in town a few weeks ago, J.J. Redick, coming off of a career night had high praise for Carter, calling him the most down-to-earth NBA player he’d ever played with."

..From another source:video
Does it hurt? The boos?
"I mean of course it does, I played 6 years here. Not just on the court but with the community as well."
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/vince2000006_jpg.jpg

yeaa right blame it on the editing...im sure when he tipped off the sonics what play we were gonna run in the last...that was editing too right? even reggie and ray allen admitted to this...saying he wasnt gonna dunk anymore sayin dunking was overated that was editing too right? yea i loved vince as much as the next guy man..but he acts like his **** dont stink....its funny how he made it out that we were gonna nurture bosh and there wasnt gonna be room for him in the locker...buddy u demanded a trade..u wanted out..u got it so dont ***** and moan that its the editing and where was this starting revalation 5 years ago? please man spare me this contrived ********

Sly Guy
11-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Yea you stupid Raptors haters.

It was 6 years ago. Let go.

6 years to come up with the right words.

Sorry, anyone who says they aren't giving 100%, who fall to suspect injuries, who check out of the franchise before being moved out is someone deserving of my disapproval.

These are professional athletes. They have the privilege of being paid millions of dollars to play a game they love. To knowingly not show up every night is shameful.

And this isn't just a Toronto fan hating on Carter because of the situation. Look at SJax in GS right now. I have the same distaste for him and his situation and why I would not want to see him in a Raptor uniform either. If when all is said and done GS fans want to boo and jeer SJax the way we do vince, I will not tell them to stop. I won't tell them to 'get over it', as a hometown fan, you love your team, you love your players, and if they turn their back on you, you have a right to let them know.

AK-50
11-24-2009, 11:42 PM

I still remember this:

why!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i saw that very play in my sleep for almost a whole week

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 12:01 AM
Vince Carter- The greatest Raptor of All-Time.......

Believe me, I was in TO(Sauga') when he was traded and the amount of contrast in a day that took place was amazing. People LOVED him and the day he was traded, I was just in utter shock to see what the city had to go through. I really think that their disappointment turned into anger and the media hyped up his return to the ACC. One of the most emotion-filled games I ever went to.

PS. In a way this reminds me of the whole Shaq leaving LA scenario which I also went through.... :sigh:

Halladay
11-25-2009, 12:10 AM
Carter's motivation, or lack their of, is still questionable to me. Faking all those "injuries" is what mad me mad and only seemed to add fuel to the fire. Raps fans would welcome him back with open arms but he's an opponent like every other opposing player. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth when I think about the guy.

3neSoulja
11-25-2009, 12:32 AM
I hope you guys are having fun booing Vince cause he keeps beating us

sofargone
11-25-2009, 12:33 AM
i would boo him i were at the orlando game, i booed TJ ford at tonights game lol

SA5195
11-25-2009, 12:34 AM
I still love him to death as the best player to ever wear a raps uniform.

But he still did some stuff, and yes I know it was 6 years ago, but he went to the sonics bench, and told them what play the raps were gonna do.

He also went to his graduation, the day when it was basiclly the franchises most important day. We were one game away from the ECF, but he decided to go to his grad.

But he's probably the best toronto had.

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 12:42 AM
I still love him to death as the best player to ever wear a raps uniform.

But he still did some stuff, and yes I know it was 6 years ago, but he went to the sonics bench, and told them what play the raps were gonna do.

He also went to his graduation, the day when it was basiclly the franchises most important day. We were one game away from the ECF, but he decided to go to his grad.

But he's probably the best toronto had.

You can't use that with any valid points. It was his mom's dream for him to graduate and I think this was a great decision on Carter's part. He did fly back to Philly and was literally inches away from sending them to the ECF. If he made it, people would be calling it a "truly inspirational" moment.

Raph12
11-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Carter seems like a very down-to-earth guy, I met him in Toronto back when he was a rookie and again in Orlando recently, I can honestly say that the rise to stardom has not affected this guy like it has others.... he's a great guy and Raps fans need to let go.

ldc62
11-25-2009, 02:02 AM
yeaa right blame it on the editing...im sure when he tipped off the sonics what play we were gonna run in the last...that was editing too right? even reggie and ray allen admitted to this...saying he wasnt gonna dunk anymore sayin dunking was overated that was editing too right? yea i loved vince as much as the next guy man..but he acts like his **** dont stink....its funny how he made it out that we were gonna nurture bosh and there wasnt gonna be room for him in the locker...buddy u demanded a trade..u wanted out..u got it so dont ***** and moan that its the editing and where was this starting revalation 5 years ago? please man spare me this contrived ********

Reggie Evans and Ray Allen never admitted to it. They said they wouldn't talk about it. But you obviously don't know anything about the nba because every team knows what the other team's plays are, FACT. Vince said dunking was overrated on the day of the Wizards game and I know for a fact that he dunked a lot during that game... Looks like some fans just wanna continue to hate.

x15jordanx23
11-25-2009, 04:13 AM
im a huge vince fan and i have been since he entered the league.. i think its unfair to criticize his decision to go to his grad before the game in philly.. the guy still dropped 20 points and came up one shot short.. You cant knock a guy for going to get his degree, that's totally unfair... And do you guys know for a fact that the injuries vince had were faked? so your telling me the arthoscopic knee surgery he had wasn't warranted? get outta here.. what a joke..

DWT
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM

That's pretty much admitting that they have no idea why they are booing, they just do it because it's fun?

SVG was, in my estimate, completly bang on when he said that most people that boo him now probably never even saw him play while in Toronto.

The booing of ex players is the most idiotic thing that Raptors fans do and a good reason why they don't get respect on this site, any other or by the media.

Raptors fans need to get over themselves and stop playing the why don't you love me anymore routine that they've been doing since Damon and TMac left.

todu82
11-25-2009, 09:38 AM
I think the Raptor fans should let it go. He was traded from the team 5 or 6 years ago and they're still booing him. It's time to move on. It's so bad with the hatred of Carter up here in Canada that whenever he plays against Toronto the sportscasters call Carter Public Enemy #1.

LanceUpperCut
11-25-2009, 10:56 AM
I let it go but any way you wanna look at it he did screw over are franchise. Vince and Bosh would of been a killer duo but instead Vince makes it sound like there could only be one of them. Why all the love for Vince now that he's in Orlando, I did nt hear any of this **** for the last 3 years in NJ. I remeber rumors of Vince getting traded to Cleveland for a 1st a couple other guys but that first would of been LBJ.

King P
11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
I wonder who's more hate in Canada, Vince Carter or Shawn Michaels? lmao

amoore87
11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
vincanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raptors fans better adore him like philly should with ai

*Superman*
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Yeah like I have seen all the videos before but I could watch it over and over because its pretty crazy stuff right there. VC VS Canada.

jmastert
11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Gotta love VC

arkanian215
11-25-2009, 02:08 PM
VC was the reason why we had any of our wins last year.

smith&wesson
11-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I for one did not get upset with carter. carter wanted to win. managment was just not out to win in toronto at that time. after 6years that became obvious to carter. when they could have hired dr j to be our gm. they hired rob babcock. thats what put carter over the edge. because instead of shwing vince that we wanted to win, we showed him we were content with selling tickets via the "carter" name. at that time i was emberassed to be a raps fan because of management. rob babcock was an emberassment to the nba.

carter
thank you for putting toronto on the map.
thank you for entertaining us for 6 and a half years.
thank you for knowing how to stick it to managment when they really didnt give two ***** about you or the fans or winning.
i almost wished you did it to the leafs.

Chronz
11-25-2009, 03:37 PM
6 years to come up with the right words.

Sorry, anyone who says they aren't giving 100%, who fall to suspect injuries, who check out of the franchise before being moved out is someone deserving of my disapproval.
Then you must hate alot of NBA legends. You dont know the whole story, it didnt take 6 years for the right words to pop up, it took 6 years for you to know about them. Thats how far back from reality you really are, well not just you the general public doesnt know **** of what happened, they just want to follow the hazing mob.

These are professional athletes. They have the privilege of being paid millions of dollars to play a game they love. To knowingly not show up every night is shameful.

LMFAO just gos to show how little you know, these guys are more than professional athletes, when your management is profiting simply from your presence on the team and they return that effort with negligence, you have a right to care about your job situation, especially when your as important as Vince. What Vince did is no different than any other star who needed to find a way out did.

And this isn't just a Toronto fan hating on Carter because of the situation. Look at SJax in GS right now. I have the same distaste for him and his situation and why I would not want to see him in a Raptor uniform either. If when all is said and done GS fans want to boo and jeer SJax the way we do vince, I will not tell them to stop. I won't tell them to 'get over it', as a hometown fan, you love your team, you love your players, and if they turn their back on you, you have a right to let them know.

Only he didnt turn his back on the fans, he turned his back on the ****** management that failed him. Why would you side with management that has long since left, over the guy who carried your franchise and made it possible for you to have a team to root for. Its telling that some fan with absolutely no information about what actually transpired inside the organization wants to hold a petty grudge, while new management wants to honor the guy for what he built.

HMMMM yea I think your in the wrong buddy. You dont know jack about what happened, just following the crowd. Look at Stephen Jackson, he signed that extention like last summer its an albatross of a contract, hes a nobody player who had the chance to leave whenever he wanted. Only choosing to leave once he was gauranteed that money. Thats far worse than Vince enduring years of malpractice from his bosses, carrying the franchise and building it up. I really doubt you know the games history if your holding such a petty grudge over the best player whos ever laced them up for Toronto.

RaptorsFanatic
11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Vince has been, is, and will be the reason Toronto is on the map in terms of basketball. I don't care what anyone says. Coming from a die hard Raptors fan, I think what he has done for my franchise is amazing.

I personally dislike most Raptors fans to be honest. Most of them are bandwagon, they will cheer and boo what's the latest trend, and will support when they win and will hate them when they lose. There are only a handful of Raps fans out there who will be down through thick and thin.

After six years, I think my fellow fans should just let it be and fall back. Vince is the reason the Raptors are here, and why we are even considered to have some sort of buzz in a predominant American fan based league.

I think a lot of the people that boo Carter at the ACC are just followers to the ones who used to boo before, whom I think have given up (well, I hope so). As I said, most Raps fans have no knowledge of the basketball world, they are like bees, wherever they find something sweet, they will be there.

Kudos to Vince for being a sportsman throughout his career.

P.S. I really don't intend to bash my fellow fans, but it is something I've wanted to get out of my chest for a while.

rabzouz 96
11-25-2009, 08:14 PM
I for one did not get upset with carter. carter wanted to win. managment was just not out to win in toronto at that time. after 6years that became obvious to carter. when they could have hired dr j to be our gm. they hired rob babcock. thats what put carter over the edge. because instead of shwing vince that we wanted to win, we showed him we were content with selling tickets via the "carter" name. at that time i was emberassed to be a raps fan because of management. rob babcock was an emberassment to the nba.

carter
thank you for putting toronto on the map.
thank you for entertaining us for 6 and a half years.
thank you for knowing how to stick it to managment when they really didnt give two ***** about you or the fans or winning.
i almost wished you did it to the leafs.
this