PDA

View Full Version : who has stepped up this year and who has taken a step back

spreadeagle
11-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Stepped up
Greg Oden "looks like he's turning into the player ppl thought he could be,if he stays healthy"
Joakim Noah "off to a great start"
Andrew bogut "sucks he got hurt"
Andrea Bargnani "starting to get some double doubles and grabbing some boards,ranked like 15 in fantasy numbers"
Roy Hibbert "with Troy Murphy back his numbers could shrink but great start"

Taken a step back
Derrik Rose "Teams have exposed the fact he doesn't have much of a jump shot"
Dwight Howard "constant foul trouble"
David West "what happend to him this year?"
Al Jefferson "still looks like hes lost a step after his Knee surgery"

Leave any you think I missed

Kyben36
11-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Deng has been realy good. Like, worth his contract good. He has like 25 tonight against portland. I agree with your list, including rose, however, I think he is coming back form his injury, so we will have to see. but he is seeing alot of atention now too.

spreadeagle
11-24-2009, 01:23 AM
Deng has been realy good. Like, worth his contract good. He has like 25 tonight against portland. I agree with your list, including rose, however, I think he is coming back form his injury, so we will have to see. but he is seeing alot of atention now too.

Ya I grabbed up Deng in my fantasy leagues,hes putting up huge numbers.I remember a few yrs back Kobe said he wouldnt come there,when he was looking for a trade if Deng was part of the deal cause he wanted to play with him

Raph12
11-24-2009, 02:03 AM
My perspective on your selections:
Greg Oden - Defense has improved drastically, while his offense looks slightly refined in the early going
Joakim Noah - Playing out of his mind right now, seems to be the only Bulls player who benefited from Gordon's absence
Andrew bogut - Always been solid when healthy
Andrea Bargnani - Nothing too surprising here
Roy Hibbert - Terrific start to the season, an MIP frontrunner atm
Derrick Rose - Ankle injury may be holding him back or the loss of a scorer to deter to has hurt him more then he's letting on
Dwight Howard - Plays great when on the court, but can't adjust his game to the calls being called against him, then frustration sinks in and he fouls out
David West - The loss of CP3 and addition of Okafor has made him the odd man out
Al Jefferson - Still recovering from surgery

GoatMilk
11-24-2009, 02:43 AM
Andrew Bynum is showing why the Lakers gave him that contract.

Dahntay Jones stepped up huge. Wow. what a steal Indy got. He got even better on D too

Litchris12
11-24-2009, 02:59 AM
chris duhon - worst player ever i dunno what happened to him

chris douglas-roberts - a big surprise in the way hes playing now

spreadeagle
11-24-2009, 03:14 AM
My perspective on your selections:
Greg Oden - Defense has improved drastically, while his offense looks slightly refined in the early going
Joakim Noah - Playing out of his mind right now, seems to be the only Bulls player who benefited from Gordon's absence
Andrew bogut - Always been solid when healthy
Andrea Bargnani - Nothing too surprising here
Roy Hibbert - Terrific start to the season, an MIP frontrunner atm
Derrick Rose - Ankle injury may be holding him back or the loss of a scorer to deter to has hurt him more then he's letting on
Dwight Howard - Plays great when on the court, but can't adjust his game to the calls being called against him, then frustration sinks in and he fouls out
David West - The loss of CP3 and addition of Okafor has made him the odd man out
Al Jefferson - Still recovering from surgery

Oden 25 and 12 tonight.87% FG and 83% FT!

spreadeagle
11-24-2009, 03:16 AM
chris duhon - worst player ever i dunno what happened to him

chris douglas-roberts - a big surprise in the way hes playing now

I heard Duhon likes the NY night life ALOT lol

Raph12
11-24-2009, 03:29 AM
Oden 25 and 12 tonight.87% FG and 83% FT!

I said his defense has improved drastically, while his offense looks slightly refined... I stand by that statement.

spreadeagle
11-24-2009, 03:37 AM
I said his defense has improved drastically, while his offense looks slightly refined... I stand by that statement.

I didnt think he had it in em,I thought hed be a bench player.Hes surprised me a lot

BkOriginalOne
11-24-2009, 04:48 AM
Stepped Up.
Melo
CDR
Noah
Bogut
Bargz
Josh Smith
Brooks
Ariza
Hibbert

Step Back.
Hedo
D. Howard
Chris Duhon

GspLAL
11-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Seems like Duncan has taken a step back but that was somewhat expected I guess because of age.

SirCarlton
11-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Stepped up
Greg Oden "looks like he's turning into the player ppl thought he could be,if he stays healthy"
Andrea Bargnani "starting to get some double doubles and grabbing some boards,ranked like 15 in fantasy numbers"

Taken a step back

ur a complete idiot derrick rose's jumpshot is alot better than last year if u check real stats...ur a complete moron sorry but his problem is no 3 pt shooter so defenses dont have to extend therefore leading to clogged lanes where he is best...idiot...delete ur account and stop making assumptions in which you have no idea

TheKing23
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Seems like Duncan has taken a step back but that was somewhat expected I guess because of age.

Really...?

He's averaging 18 PPG, 11 RPG, 3 APG, on 51% shooting and he's 9th in the league in efficiency at 24.7 which is above both Kobe and Wade.

force_within
11-24-2009, 10:42 AM

agree!

Tmac,lt,berkman
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Stepped Up.
Melo
CDR
Noah
Bogut
Bargz
Josh Smith
Brooks
Ariza
Hibbert

Step Back.
Hedo
D. Howard
Chris Duhon

add david west and al jefferson to the step taken back list.

BoratSagdiyev
11-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Luollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Lost Art
11-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, no Andrew Bynum? He's putting up 20 & 11 and has been the best C in the league thus far. I'd say that's stepping up.

jim51990
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Melo has really step up he made it 4 truly great players in stead of 3

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Stepped up

Taken a step back

Lol who are you quoting?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
and you forgot Melo.

Tha Truth
11-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Surprised nobody has said Bosh.

He's in beast mode right now!

ManRam
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't think Duncan has fallen.

He's 5th in PER. He's scoring 18 points, 11 rebounds and 1.6 blocks. He's shooting 52%. None of which are really big drop offs if at all.

arkanian215
11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
he is showing some good post moves. i rarely get a chance at watching blazers games but he was impressive in the games i saw recently.

arkanian215
11-24-2009, 01:38 PM
cdr?:clap:

arkanian215
11-24-2009, 01:39 PM
yeah he's playing with a bad knee and still doing pretty well stats-wise.

rhymeratic
11-24-2009, 02:30 PM
How is Gallinari not mentioned for step up....

Chronz
11-24-2009, 02:38 PM
I don't think Duncan has fallen.

He's 5th in PER. He's scoring 18 points, 11 rebounds and 1.6 blocks. He's shooting 52%. None of which are really big drop offs if at all.

I thought they were just keeping his minutes down, even though they were .500 so I figured they were fine with losing so long as the new core got acclimated to eachother. Then they started to get alittle more serious, Duncan started dominating again but the team was still batting .500. You could chock that up to injuries I suppose but at the same time, those injuries never stopped Duncan from dominating defensively. When the Spurs would lose it would be because they lacked the offensive ability. Right now they are losing some of these games because of their defense. Meanwhile Duncan is sporting the sickest offensive rating of his career.

At first I thought it was a byproduct of them limiting Duncans minutes in early going, I remember them rating worse then. And while the on-court data suggests its true, the defensive efficiency levels arent where theyve been in years past. Could it be that the Spurs are making the transition into an offensive team?

LA_Raiders
11-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Bynum is Top 3 C so far this year...

Artest is still lost with the Lakers Offence, he is step back so far...IMO

King P
11-24-2009, 04:16 PM
surprised nobody mentioned Rafer Alston taking a step back. Skip has taken 5 steps back.

kArSoN RyDaH
11-24-2009, 04:42 PM
andrew bynum? hes playing up to the high expectations of all laker fans and everyone really.

Ballah0liC1
11-24-2009, 05:00 PM
as a rockets fan im kinda annoyed brooks or ariza havent been mentioned but i quess ariza is garbage because he was a backup on the championship lakers.
Rockets,were talking about rockets oh no we cant do that im so sorry guys for being rude and talking about the rockets

pebloemer
11-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Stepped Up.
Melo
CDR
Noah
Bogut
Bargz
Josh Smith
Brooks
Ariza
Hibbert

Step Back.
Hedo
D. Howard
Chris Duhon

as a rockets fan im kinda annoyed brooks or ariza havent been mentioned but i quess ariza is garbage because he was a backup on the championship lakers.
Rockets,were talking about rockets oh no we cant do that im so sorry guys for being rude and talking about the rockets

I found mention earlier in the thread for you :).

I was going to put Brooks and Ariza as players who've taken a step up as well. BKOriginalOne, I like your addition of Josh Smith as well.

Ballah0liC1
11-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I found mention earlier in the thread for you :).I was going to put Brooks and Ariza as players who've taken a step up as well. BKOriginalOne, I like your addition of Josh Smith as well.

oh thanks i missed it

Ansy
11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Bynum
Oden
Melo
Joakim Noah
Really took steps forward.

Rose and Howard are the two that come to mind as falling short of expectations this year. Howard I'm not worried about: his numbers aren't low in an absolute sense, they're just low compared to the expectations he has set for himself with his excellent play over the past few years. He's been very consistent that past few years and he should get back on track.

Rose on the other hand hasn't looked that good. I'm sure he'll be fine in the long-run because he has a lot of talent and is big for a PG but he really needs to get his efficiency up. A True Shooting% below 0.500 is really bad for someone who is supposed to be a premier scorer.

IndiansFan337
11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Duncan has not stepped back. He's had his minutes limited.

CDR, Melo, Noah, Oden, Bosh & Josh Smith have stepped up.

Dwight Howard, Artest, Derick Rose & Nate Robinson have all taken a step back thus far this season.

JayW_1023
11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Dirk.
Melo.
Noah.
Grant Hill.

Great to see Grant Hill still playing well and staying healthy in the twilight of his career. He has been underrated for Phoenix.

CityofTreez
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM
step back: all those respectfully mentioned

1) Nate Robinson. Haven't seen one game w/ him already and he was great when he started. Thought this year was a career year lock, maybe not?

step up
A week ago, i would of said Jason Thompson, but as of late, he's playing real young :facepalm:. he had 6 games with 20 pts & 10 reb. he might of taken a step back, but he will have more steps up comapred to down.

ldc62
11-25-2009, 02:15 AM
How about a team one to rep the players on the team

Stepped Up: Atlanta Hawks

Stepped Down: Hornets (They have been winning without Paul, but don't expect it to last)

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Brooks
Ariza
Bynum
Noah
Jones
Oden
Bosh

Those are the ones right out of the top of my mind.

Step back:
Hedo
West
To an extent Dwight
Jefferson

nipo10847
11-25-2009, 03:00 AM
How is Gallinari not mentioned for step up....

:confused::confused::confused:

BHF
11-25-2009, 03:07 AM
why are you people saying hedo? he is doing just fine

Niro
11-25-2009, 05:07 AM
it seems like ellis stepped up since jackson is gone he is playing great (beside his turnovers)

Statik1
11-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Anyone say Chris Kaman ? I never thought I would say it but yeah he has stepped up 20 ppg