PDA

View Full Version : Al mvp

chikiML
11-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Who I WANT to get it: Derek Jeter

Who I think DESERVES it the most: Miguel Cabrera's

Most overrated as a candidate: Joe Mauer (the guy was a DH for 28 of 105 games he started!!!!!!)

Remember when Ortiz had an amazing MVP type of the season he wasn't considered by most because he was mostly a DH. So, different standards now???

yanks19791024
11-23-2009, 10:01 AM

Most overrated as a candidate: Joe Mauer (the guy was a DH for 28 of 105 games he started!!!!!!)

Remember when Ortiz had an amazing MVP type of the season he wasn't considered by most because he was mostly a DH. So, different standards now???

:facepalm:

mark1125
11-23-2009, 10:27 AM

Mauer deserves it and will most likely win it. I have no complaints if he does. I am not a Twins fan, but I like Mauer.

As for who I don't want......anyone from the Yanks or Red Sox.

NYNJ30
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM

If I'm not mistaken, he was actually a DH for 28 of the 133 games he started (105 at C, 28 at DH). To me that actually shows how valuable he is. Catchers never start every game, but he is important enough in that lineup that the Twins could never give him a full day off. The only chink in his armor is the month he missed at the beginning of the year.

That being said, Mauer deserves it hands down (coming from a Yankee fan).

natelpete
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM

that was a ridicilously ******** post... do you know how much harder catching 1b??

joe mauer deserves it hands down

DaSox_05
11-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Joe Mauer

/Thread

K Thx Bye

Havoc Wreaker
11-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Way to make a bad first impression :clap: