PDA

View Full Version : If the Bucks kept...

Toenail Clipper
11-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Charlie Villanueva, Ramon Sessions, and Richard Jefferson, how good would they be since they're already third in the east without those three players?

PG - Brandon Jennings/Ramon Sessions
SG - Michael Redd
SF - Richard Jefferson
PF - Charlie Villanueva
C - Andrew Bogut

Mavrix
11-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Pretty good, maybe 4th or 5th in the east behind the Orlando, Boston, and Cleveland but I doubt Jennings would be this good with them in the lineup.

Brew Crew
11-22-2009, 09:45 PM
WOW! This has to be a record number of Bucks-related threads in the NBA forum in the history of PSD.

They would suck. They'd have no defense. Everyone would want to be shooting and we probably wouldn't have seen Jennins break out with Ramon and Ridnour taking minutes. Bogut wouldn't be effective either since CV and Jefferson would be doing all the shooting (add Michael Redd to the list when not crippled). The only guy that wouldn't really be effected by this is Luc Richard because he has been destined to find tons of time with the way he hustles for everything.

To add to that...We'd be have Jefferson's contract of 2 years $29 million and we would've had to sign either Ramon Sessions to a new deal worth $4 million a year and Charlie V (Who was way overpaid for) for something around 6 million. Signing guys to those deals would've only tied us up more financially for even longer.

AWC713
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
they might not have even drafted jennings if they still had this group

Shahrose
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Pretty good, maybe 4th or 5th in the east behind the Orlando, Boston, and Cleveland but I doubt Jennings would be this good with them in the lineup.

yea i agree. Jefferson would have the ball for more time then Jennings

SirCalvin81
11-22-2009, 10:04 PM
WOW! This has to be a record number of Bucks-related threads in the NBA forum in the history of PSD.

They would suck. They'd have no defense. Everyone would want to be shooting and we probably wouldn't have seen Jennins break out with Ramon and Ridnour taking minutes. Bogut wouldn't be effective either since CV and Jefferson would be doing all the shooting (add Michael Redd to the list when not crippled). The only guy that wouldn't really be effected by this is Luc Richard because he has been destined to find tons of time with the way he hustles for everything.

To add to that...We'd be have Jefferson's contract of 2 years $29 million and we would've had to sign either Ramon Sessions to a new deal worth $4 million a year and Charlie V (Who was way overpaid for) for something around 6 million. Signing guys to those deals would've only tied us up more financially for even longer.

i love it. i hate wen people do that what if ****

KayNti
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Bucks got rid of a lot of point guards everyone was question them but now, I guess they got their man. From ford to Ridnour (although he's still there) to Mo Williams to Ramon Sessions and now Brandon Jennings... That's just to say in life, you just cant settle with what u have lol

dodie53
11-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Jennings will not improved in that line up

Jacob K.
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM
it would be a good fantasy team,

twoearl
11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
not much. maybe a 6th or 7th seed in the playoffs...

Kakaroach
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
If they wanted to draft a PG, then don't re-sign Sessions. But the move I was really wondering at was why they chose not to re-sign Charlie Vill, even after getting rid of Jefferson. He's much better than Hakim Warrick, so it was a huge down-grade. Get rid of Jefferson and Sessions, but re-sign Charlie Vill.

knickerbockerny
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Jenning probably would not have emerged as quickly, taking a back set to the others because of his rookie status. The real reason that we are season this sort of dominance from Jenning is because of injuries to Bucks star players. He is now their go to player with Bogut and Redd out and he is killing folks.

prodigy
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Mo williams also. Thay had some good players.

hgtiger32
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
If they wanted to draft a PG, then don't re-sign Sessions. But the move I was really wondering at was why they chose not to re-sign Charlie Vill, even after getting rid of Jefferson. He's much better than Hakim Warrick, so it was a huge down-grade. Get rid of Jefferson and Sessions, but re-sign Charlie Vill.

Charlie V didn't know what the word "defense" meant...plain and simple it was all about defense and Charlie's lack of it

superkegger
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Here's the thing. It's not just about talent on paper. These guys, for the most part, have to have some kind of bond and like for eachother. You can't just assemble a bunch of talent and think it's going to work. We can see that with the Memphis Grizzlies. A lot of talent, and on paper it looks pretty good. But it doesn't work as the Grizzlies blow major ***. I know in some cases, if you throw together enough talent (like the Shaq-Kobe and Phil Lakers) it can work, but it has to pretty much be other wordly talent that is good enough that personality conflicts and the like can be overlooked, but as we know, it eventually will boil over and make the team implode.

Especially with a coach like Scott Skiles. He has a system, and that system has been a large part of their success this year. The players there have bought into the system, and that's why they're such a good defensive team, and it's resulted in wins so far (granted they've had one of, if not the easiest schedules so far).

But you need players who fit your system, and who want to be in that system. Villanueva, Jefferson and Sessions simply don't fit into that system, and while it was perhaps foolish to let them go for basically nothing, it still makes sense, because they're hemoraging cash, and if it weren't for Herb Kohl's deep pockets, they'd be screwed. They are rebuilding, make no mistake on that, they just happened to hit the jackpot in Jennings.

But you have to have guys that want to win above all else, and guys who fit the style and system you're playing. Just putting together talent on paper doesn't necessarily lead to any success.

Kakaroach
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Charlie V didn't know what the word "defense" meant...plain and simple it was all about defense and Charlie's lack of it I can understand that, but I still think he is very good in Skiles' system, as he proved last year, and is loads better than Warrick.

sugarrayray
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
signing sessions and charlie V would have been dumb, but we still should have kept jefferson. he tries hard, played in all 82 games last season, and is a good scorer. he would be a great veteran to help jennings too. i would have soo much rather kept jefferson than redd. If we had jefferson right now we would actually be a pretty damn good team.

kingcanadian409
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
i myself am a pistons fan and i give all credit of the bucks success to john hammond who in part helped builed who the pistons were in 04'

sugarrayray
11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Here's the thing. It's not just about talent on paper. These guys, for the most part, have to have some kind of bond and like for eachother. You can't just assemble a bunch of talent and think it's going to work. We can see that with the Memphis Grizzlies. A lot of talent, and on paper it looks pretty good. But it doesn't work as the Grizzlies blow major ***. I know in some cases, if you throw together enough talent (like the Shaq-Kobe and Phil Lakers) it can work, but it has to pretty much be other wordly talent that is good enough that personality conflicts and the like can be overlooked, but as we know, it eventually will boil over and make the team implode.

Especially with a coach like Scott Skiles. He has a system, and that system has been a large part of their success this year. The players there have bought into the system, and that's why they're such a good defensive team, and it's resulted in wins so far (granted they've had one of, if not the easiest schedules so far).

But you need players who fit your system, and who want to be in that system. Villanueva, Jefferson and Sessions simply don't fit into that system, and while it was perhaps foolish to let them go for basically nothing, it still makes sense, because they're hemoraging cash, and if it weren't for Herb Kohl's deep pockets, they'd be screwed. They are rebuilding, make no mistake on that, they just happened to hit the jackpot in Jennings.

But you have to have guys that want to win above all else, and guys who fit the style and system you're playing. Just putting together talent on paper doesn't necessarily lead to any success.

i agree with u on everything but one thing. why doesnt jefferson fit in to that system? also im pissed that hammond didnt trade either villanueva or sessions at the deadline last year knowing he wasnt gunna resign them. he might have thought he was resigning sessions, but no way was he keeping charlie V

superkegger
11-23-2009, 12:19 AM
i agree with u on everything but one thing. why doesnt jefferson fit in to that system? also im pissed that hammond didnt trade either villanueva or sessions at the deadline last year knowing he wasnt gunna resign them. he might have thought he was resigning sessions, but no way was he keeping charlie V

Jefferson came into the league as a defender, but developed into a slashing scorer. He started to get that love of scoring in 04-05, and his defense started to slip then, and since 06-07 he hasn't put in that much effort ont he defensive end. He just didn't fit in on a rebuilding Bucks team. He's older, basically a good 3rd option for a good team scoring wise, who doesn't put much stock in defense. He can fit in on a good team in that role, but in Milwaukee, he's more like a first option, or opton 1a or 1b or whatever even if Bogut and Redd are healthy. And that's simply not a role he can fulfill with any degree of success. Even if Redd and Bogut are healthy.

But more than anything else, he's got a big contract that he isn't worth, and with the Bucks not being profitable, it makes no sense to pay him that kind of money on a rebuilding team.

What the Bucks are doing is a very big surprise, but they're still in the midst of rebuilding. They may well make the playoffs, who knows, but what I do know is, with the roster they had last year, they were going nowhere.

I agree with you on Hammond, and not trading those guys for something. Letting them go for nothing seems dumb. Especially since they showed zero interest in signing either. Oh well.

I guess my overall point is, the Bucks, while feeling good about their Jennings pick when they made it, weren't expecting this kind of success this year. They simply weren't. And sometimes you just have to gut a team, even of your other young pieces and start over when things aren't going well. Sessions and Villanueva simply didn't fit, so he let them go their way. Jennings just happens to be torching and allowing this team to be better than they really are at the moment.

Giantwarrior
11-23-2009, 12:35 AM
who cares...

Raph12
11-23-2009, 01:40 AM
They don't need that many scorers, what they need is an athletic wing, another low post threat, solid defenders all-around and a deeper bench.

ChiSox219
11-23-2009, 01:43 AM
They should've kept Ramon Sessions, 4 yrs $16m is dirt cheap in the NBA, even in this economic climate. Jefferson didn't really fit with the team so it was good to move him. Charlie V is nice on offense but is terrible on defense. I dunno, their alternatives at PF aren't better than CV right now, but he got a lot more money than Sessions.

Toenail Clipper
11-23-2009, 02:07 AM
who cares...

about the disgruntled Warriors? No one.

KingsMadness44
11-23-2009, 04:21 AM
its probably just on this website but the Bucks r becoming the most overhyped team in the NBA.......and im not hating on there success its jus so early in the season and i keep seeing all these threads about the Bucks

maybe they will prove me wrong but i really do not see them doing very well down the stretch....... just my opinion

sofargone
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
theyd be better now. with all those other scorers on the team jennings probably never would have shown how good he is. he would be like the 3rd option (MAYBE 2nd)

sofargone
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
its probably just on this website but the Bucks r becoming the most overhyped team in the NBA.......and im not hating on there success its jus so early in the season and i keep seeing all these threads about the Bucks

maybe they will prove me wrong but i really do not see them doing very well down the stretch....... just my opinion
but do you see them making playoffs? at the beginning of the year i thought they would be either 14th or 15th in the east (between them and New jersey) but now i see them as maybe the 8th seed. i dont see them doing well down the stretch though. id like to see how they do on a west coast road trip.

ValuePick
11-23-2009, 04:25 PM

this

i myself am a pistons fan and i give all credit of the bucks success to john hammond who in part helped builed who the pistons were in 04'

and this.

links136
11-24-2009, 05:59 PM
for all the success they've had, had any of their praisers looked at the bucks sos? They haven't just had the easiest schedule in the nba, they've had the easiest by a HUGE margin. Their RPI only ranks 20th. They've done well but they still have alot to prove.