PDA

View Full Version : Shot Blocker

ImNotBiased
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes, we all know the Nets have the worst record in the NBA, but is anyone surprised that Brook Lopez leads the NBA in blocked shots? He almost has a complete block/game more than Dwight Howard.

Who do you think will ultimately lead the NBA, after 82 games, in blocks/game? Please write and explain your prediction.

Tom Leykis
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
man. I knew he was going to be next big center when i saw him and his brother dominate at Stanford

HouRealCoach
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Im surprised but I dont think it will last but if it does I wont be THAT surprised

Gambeezy
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Surprised, but he probably would rather have a win than the blocks title.

Kakaroach
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
He showed signs of this last year, I wouldn't be that surprised if he has the block title.

SirCalvin81
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
is he blocking his own teammates shots cuz they havent won a game yet

Raph12
11-23-2009, 01:36 AM
I think Dwight will win it in the end, keep in mind this guy can get 10 blocks on any given night, but Lopez has been solid thus far.

Shady66
11-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Not really suprised, did a decent job blocking last year, and is playing more minutes and getting better this year.

SirCarlton
11-23-2009, 01:48 AM
i thought iverson was in the lead

Raph12
11-23-2009, 02:32 AM
i thought iverson was in the lead

He is for 3pt%... 1 of 1 :speechless:

AccUrSeD
11-23-2009, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I am surprised that a Center is leading the league.........

madiaz3
11-23-2009, 03:02 AM
he needs to make up for how many shots he takes a game somehow

azkarraga
11-23-2009, 03:23 AM
There's still too many games...

ImNotBiased
11-23-2009, 10:57 PM
he needs to make up for how many shots he takes a game somehow

He's attempting 14.5 shots/game while making 47% of them. Not sure he needs to "make up" for anything. He seems to be a franchise center on a horrible team.

ImNotBiased
11-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I am surprised that a Center is leading the league.........

I don't care what position the player is, the position is not in question. Dwayne Wade has what, 1.2 blocks/game? It's not the point or the question.......................................... .................................................. ................................

runforrestrunx9
11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
is he blocking his own teammates shots cuz they havent won a game yet
says the lions fan

Ray_R
11-23-2009, 11:05 PM
im not as surprised but i knewwould be in the top 5

Rome
11-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Not surprised. Happy, he's on my yahoo team :) He'll be top 3 all year.

deuces
11-23-2009, 11:28 PM
dj mebhenga will eventually takeover

madiaz3
11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
He's attempting 14.5 shots/game while making 47% of them. Not sure he needs to "make up" for anything. He seems to be a franchise center on a horrible team.

47% is not good for a center, especially a player that takes the most shots for the team.

To put this into perspective, Kobe shoots at a higher % than Brook.

Dwight, Oden, Marc Gasol are all over 61%
Nene, Bynum, Perkins are all over 55%
Jermaine, Bogut, Hibbert, Lee are all over 52%.

The only center who scores about similar ppg and with the same below average FG% is Andrea Bargnani, but his EFG% (55%) is so much higher because many of his points come from three pointers...

AllTheWay
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Well he should get alot of opportunities seeing how bad his team is.

SaimoNETS
11-24-2009, 12:02 AM
47% is not good for a center, especially a player that takes the most shots for the team.

To put this into perspective, Kobe shoots at a higher % than Brook.

Dwight, Oden, Marc Gasol are all over 61%
Nene, Bynum, Perkins are all over 55%
Jermaine, Bogut, Hibbert, Lee are all over 52%.

The only center who scores about similar ppg and with the same below average FG% is Andrea Bargnani, but his EFG% (55%) is so much higher because many of his points come from three pointers...

that makes no sense. since he takes the most shots on the team, isnt it expected for his FG% to be lower than usual?

and all of those centers you named there, except for a few, are not the first options of their team, unlike Lopez, so they carry a smaller load, take less shots, which leads to a higher %.

xanderyear
11-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I think the only shocking player to be in the top 10 is Hibbert. Everyone else is more or less expected up there, just maybe a different order.

madiaz3
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
that makes no sense. since he takes the most shots on the team, isnt it expected for his FG% to be lower than usual?

and all of those centers you named there, except for a few, are not the first options of their team, unlike Lopez, so they carry a smaller load, take less shots, which leads to a higher %.

All the centers who take as many shots (13+) shoot it better, Bynum, Bargs, Lee, Kaman (16FGA but 53%), and Dwight (but he shoots way less.)

You can still compare a "first option" center to second options if they are both still taking ~14 shots a game.

I used "first option" because we'll see how he plays when Harris continues to play and we'll see if Lopez's FG% will increase.

arkanian215
11-24-2009, 12:26 AM
lots of nets fans know that his fg% is "low" cuz he's floating around too much. he has to do better.

sofargone
11-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I don't care what position the player is, the position is not in question. Dwayne Wade has what, 1.2 blocks/game? It's not the point or the question.......................................... .................................................. ................................

are you having your period?

GodsSon
11-24-2009, 12:59 AM
barring injury, i'll say old man Oden will lead the L in blocks at seasons end

ManRam
11-24-2009, 01:21 PM
I didn't predict he would, but I'm not surprised. Didn't know how to vote. I also bet the majority of the 15 that voted that they "predicted" him to lead the league didn't actually ;) Poor poll choices though.

He's a great shot-blocker. I don't think he's the best and I don't think he'll finish the season as the best. But who knows.

arkanian215
11-24-2009, 01:34 PM
why wouldnt you expect hibbert to be there? aint he 7'2? id expect anyone above 7ft to have a chance at top 10.

Netslunatic76
11-24-2009, 02:41 PM
All the centers who take as many shots (13+) shoot it better, Bynum, Bargs, Lee, Kaman (16FGA but 53%), and Dwight (but he shoots way less.)

You can still compare a "first option" center to second options if they are both still taking ~14 shots a game.

I used "first option" because we'll see how he plays when Harris continues to play and we'll see if Lopez's FG% will increase.

You're coming off as a hater. I'm not sure if you've watched the games, but Lopez has had to force a lot of shots. He was taking way more jump shots than he did last year because he and CDR were the only scoring threats and shots in the paint dont come easy when you're being double and triple teamed. I expect his FG% to go back up now that Devin Harris is back.

JayW_1023
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm liking the fact that guys like Chris Kaman, Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol and Andrew Bynum are playing well with a polished back to the basket game...meanwhile Dwight Howards game looks as unpolished and fundamental-less as last season...

Orlando fans must really be frustrated by Dwight Howards sllllloooowww developement, most notably on offense. Once his hops diminish, Howard must work on fundamentals or he'll gradually disappear into obscurity from franchise player to servicable role player.

Howard is such a tease...just when you think his court awareness improves witha great game...he can lay a few stinkers in succession just as easily. Sigh and another sigh.