PDA

View Full Version : is it possible for the red sox to get

sox04rR
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
agon and king felix/SP

they have clay, bowden, kelly, navaro, price, anderson, bard, tazawa, westmorland, rizzo, fuentos

i dont want a bias opinion thats y its not in the red sox forum

brewersfan729
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
agon and king felix/SP

No.

MooseWithFleas
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
^ This guy is correct.

dtmagnet
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
They'd be so depleted from giving up young talent, their farm would be gone along with young players like Elsbury.

Jack of Blades
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
No lol.

bosox3431
11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
this is embarassing

Ty Fast
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
king felix is a free agent so that is why they will at least listen to offers for him. if they trade him or not is a another question.

Havoc Wreaker
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
agon and king felix/SP

they have clay, bowden, kelly, navaro, price, anderson, bard, tazawa, westmorland, rizzo, fuentos

:pity:

Joksomang might be able to cook up one of his video game trade ideas for you.

Strike89
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
There's too much talent to be given up for the Red Sox to acquire both players. They don't have enough prospects to do both plus they seriously deplete their farm and depth even if they do have them.

No either way.

bagwell368
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
would have been slaughtered in the Red Sox forum by everyone older then 17.

the sox have some $$, but a depleted system. If they can get Holliday, Alex G, Soriano, another SP, and RP - then they could deal a package (Papelbon, Buchholz, MDC, Kelly, Kalish) in a 3 way they might be able to snag Doc.

Failing that, get Holliday, wait for the 4 bad contracts to run out, and maybe sign another premium FA and make a major deal to set up for '11.

sguglie2
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Is it possible? Sure. Trade Clay, Kelly, Westmoreland, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Youk, Bard, Lester, Iglesias, Anderson, Piemental, Navarro, etc.

But no, never will happen. Doubtful that either one happens on its own. Felix would cost too much just for him, AG is slightly less but still exorbitant. Post it in whatever forum you feel like the answer is no.

MelanconMadness
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
It works. When I turn force trades on in MLB 09 the show, so I can't see why it wouldn't. Just get selig to turn force trades on and you could get both for your 2 worst prospects

NYY NYJ NYK
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
agon and king felix/SP

No.

Defiantly have the chip to get 1 though.

Rogi10
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
It works. When I turn force trades on in MLB 09 the show, so I can't see why it wouldn't. Just get selig to turn force trades on and you could get both for your 2 worst prospects

He speaks the truth.

Pujols, Carpenter, and Holliday in exchange for Dirk Hayhurst, Fair deal.

championships
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Just buy eveybody like the yanks:eyebrow:

Burkey3472
11-22-2009, 11:50 PM
:pity:

Brett19
11-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Just buy eveybody like the yanks:eyebrow:

Good one. :clap:

swagga81
11-23-2009, 12:09 AM
i agree also no to much prospects

kj244
11-23-2009, 12:22 AM
SD has no reason to trade AGON. He is still under control for a few years, is inexpensive, and is the face of their franchise. No deal.

King Felix is a tremendous talent. I think that Seattle will make every effort to resign him. If not, they will require a kings ransom in return. Not sure that Boston has the pieces. And, if by some chance they do land him, all they do is replace Buckholtz with Felix in the rotation while weakening their bullpen and having no cards left to strengthen their offense.

I believe their offense is their weak spot, not the rotation. They need a real #3 and #4 in that line up. If these needs aren't addressed, they will fall out of playoff contention in the east. Too many players that are showing their age and/or not strong defensively. Kinda reminds me of the Yankees with Giambi on 1st.

Ty Fast
11-23-2009, 12:29 AM
SD has no reason to trade AGON. He is still under control for a few years, is inexpensive, and is the face of their franchise. No deal.

King Felix is a tremendous talent. I think that Seattle will make every effort to resign him. If not, they will require a kings ransom in return. Not sure that Boston has the pieces. And, if by some chance they do land him, all they do is replace Buckholtz with Felix in the rotation while weakening their bullpen and having no cards left to strengthen their offense.

I believe their offense is their weak spot, not the rotation. They need a real #3 and #4 in that line up. If these needs aren't addressed, they will fall out of playoff contention in the east. Too many players that are showing their age and/or not strong defensively. Kinda reminds me of the Yankees with Giambi on 1st.

AGON is under contract for 2 more years.

11-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Possible? Sure as long as the Red Sox are willing to empty their farm system of all their top prospects and also give up Bard, Lester, Ellsbury, and Buchholz. Going to happen? No. Also when King Felix becomes a free agent the Yankees are going to dump so much cash on him that he's going to use $100 bills to wipe his ***.

SB75
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
NOPE..... Theo wouldn't give up all that.

Flamarlins21
11-23-2009, 01:03 AM
He speaks the truth.

Pujols, Carpenter, and Holliday in exchange for Dirk Hayhurst, Fair deal.

Well shoot, if they're gonna do that, maybe they can trade Jeff Bailey to Florida for Hanley Ramirez. We need a first baseman.

gglwebster
11-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Felix is not a free agent and is not for trade.... Check your facts please first guys. Don't bother quoting or responding, I won't check this joke of a thread again.

eztmac1
11-23-2009, 03:00 AM
If the question is whether or not they have the talent to acquire both the answer is yes their farm system is probably deep enough. If you're asking whether or not Theo is willing to part with all of those guys the answer is undoubtedly no. When people are laughing and saying no you are not considering the ML talent... I can almost guarantee a Ellsbury, Buccholz and two mid-level prospects would get a deal for Felix and Bard, Kotchman, etc, etc, etc would get AGon.

ellesmeire
11-23-2009, 06:33 AM
**** the yankees+RSX, baseball is broken until we can get a frickin salary cap, at least a soft one, until then the rich will get richer and the poor get ****ed...

btw agon is goin to the WSX, and felix isnt goin anywhere :D

todu82
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
No, I think they'll only get 1 of those players if they get any of them at all.

TragicallyHip
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM
agon and king felix/sp

no.