PDA

View Full Version : What is up with them Hornets?(part 2)

Vinny642
11-21-2009, 11:39 PM
What is up? We have just won 3 in a row, 3-2 Overall with our new head coach and without Chris Paul.

We have just beat the top team in the East and West. Darren Collison and Marcus Thorton are looking great. West is still being the West that we had to start the season but with more blocking. Okafor is rebounding! Peja is hot.

Can we continue our success, and if so how long?
Until Chris Paul comes back?

ALSO- Chris Paul is looking happy, real happy, I don't think he wants to leave, but hey that is just my opinion.

Kakaroach
11-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Its really weird, their playing better without CP3. I saw most of the game against the Suns, and Okafor looked great, and Peja returned to the great shooter that he is. Maybe when CP3 comes back they can make a solid playoff push.

Vinny642
11-21-2009, 11:45 PM
Its really weird, their playing better without CP3. I saw most of the game against the Suns, and Okafor looked great, and Peja returned to the great shooter that he is. Maybe when CP3 comes back they can make a solid playoff push.

I hope, but I am liking the improvement form Collison and Thorton, they are beasts, 22 and 11 from Collison today, and he was nice defensively.

Thorton was 21 Points off the bench.

tr4shb0t
11-21-2009, 11:54 PM
I think Paul being out has helped more than the firing of Scott. Obviously they aren't better without Paul but guys are stepping up because they know they have to. It's good to see them playing with more energy though.

Vinny642
11-21-2009, 11:58 PM
I think Paul being out has helped more than the firing of Scott. Obviously they aren't better without Paul but guys are stepping up because they know they have to. It's good to see them playing with more energy though.

Your right.
Thorton is now averaging 11.6 PPG
Collison is now averaging 10.8 PPG amd 3.9 APG

They stepped up big, West though has to be more efficient but he is rebounding and playing blocking so I can fault him entirely.

Shady66
11-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Their playing with more heart, and desperation

superkegger
11-22-2009, 12:00 AM

It's one of those things that happens sometimes. The star goes down and guys step up in his absence, making you wonder (very briefly wonder) if they're better without him. They're not of course, but because guys have to, they've stepped up and made the most of the situation. I think it's one of those, if we can hold down the fort while he's gone, we will be ok.

You gotta wonder though, if Paul doesn't come back in 2 weeks and its more like 4 or whatever, how long they can keep it up. It's an obvious observation, but the longer he's out, the worse. Not just because he's so good, but because it's unlikely these guys can keep it up at this level.

For example, as much as I love Brandon Jennings, part of his success is that teams don't know how exactly to play him yet. Once teams see more and more tape on him, they'll be able to key in on him better. Same in this situation, teams don't know how to exactly key in on this squad, because they've never seen them play really. So, the longer Paul is out, and the longer these guys are forced to play bigger minutes, the harder it is going to be for them to keep it up.

tr4shb0t
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Yea I guess its similar to the Rocket's situation with Yao being injuerd. Everyone else just realizes they gotta step up and can't ride the superstar any more.

Vinny642
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
It's one of those things that happens sometimes. The star goes down and guys step up in his absence, making you wonder (very briefly wonder) if they're better without him. They're not of course, but because guys have to, they've stepped up and made the most of the situation. I think it's one of those, if we can hold down the fort while he's gone, we will be ok.

You gotta wonder though, if Paul doesn't come back in 2 weeks and its more like 4 or whatever, how long they can keep it up. It's an obvious observation, but the longer he's out, the worse. Not just because he's so good, but because it's unlikely these guys can keep it up at this level.

For example, as much as I love Brandon Jennings, part of his success is that teams don't know how exactly to play him yet. Once teams see more and more tape on him, they'll be able to key in on him better. Same in this situation, teams don't know how to exactly key in on this squad, because they've never seen them play really. So, the longer Paul is out, and the longer these guys are forced to play bigger minutes, the harder it is going to be for them to keep it up.

I agree with this also, I can handle missing Paul for a week or two, as long as they remaining players play with heart and they win.
If we start losing then we are gonna need Paul back.

The players that I am not worried about are Collison, Thorton, Songailia, and Okafor

The players I am worried about form game to game is West, D Brown, Posey, Peja.

Browm has been extremely inconsistant, Peja has been on fire as of late but started iffy,

I am just gonna enjoy our success and hope it continues.

ChiSox219
11-22-2009, 04:48 AM
It helped that the Hornets got to play just 3 games in 7 days and all three were at home.

I don't put much stock into the win against the Hawks who had to play back to back and travel to New Orleans, the Hawks demolished the Hornets by 23 just one week ago.

I do think they have some young talent that is stepping up and when CP3 returns they will be a better team than they were two weeks ago, but I don't think they are a playoff team.

DerekRE_3
11-22-2009, 05:35 AM
The same thing happened to the Kings when Kevin Martin went down. After that happened we won 4 straight.

braveniler58
11-22-2009, 05:43 AM
The Suns overlooked them, and so did the Hawks. New Orleans took advantage.

Tblaze
11-22-2009, 08:10 AM
It happens ALOT of times. I remember portland losing Roy last year, and they completely crushed the Celtics the next game without him... You see this happen very often with teams who rely on 1 or 2 stars alot... The first few games they play with alot more heart and are capable of doing alot of damage... however in the long run this will fade and they will start losing...