PDA

View Full Version : T-Mac & Iverson to NEW ORLEANS = the solution???

Ganzo747
11-21-2009, 07:31 PM
It has been reported that Tracy is more then ready to start playing again, although the Rockets feel otherwise - this has led to tense conversation with Rick Adelman. It seems obvious T-mac is not very happy about the rockets not wanting him back. We all the know the situation about Allen Iverson, but it seems to me, he might be a perfect fit here playing the "Sg" position witch leads to a fast paced game, that Chris paul, a.i, and t-mac seem to all ENJOY!!

How do we get mcgrady? SIMPLE we trade peja and mo pete http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine. The trade is successful and works for both teams. ALL WE DO THEN IS NEGOTIATE A CONTRACT WITH A.I.

CAN ANYONE IMAGINE A LIKE UP THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS:

Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, David West, Emeka Okafor

If the front office wants to make this team better SOMETHING DRASTIC NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Source: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/commen...on-298187.html

Vinny642
11-21-2009, 07:35 PM
i DOUBT we get TMac for not trading West or Okafor

*Superman*
11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Fail.

kEviN21
11-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Would be nice but the Rockets would rather hold onto him for his huge expiring contract or buy him out than pick up bad players with worst contracts

thedfactor
11-21-2009, 07:45 PM
I feel bad for NO fans if you think that's the solution

xHTOWN713x
11-21-2009, 07:57 PM
fail.

epic.

rapswin98
11-21-2009, 07:58 PM
this deserves :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mjt20mik
11-21-2009, 08:02 PM
this deserves :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

And people were wondering if the "Nate Robinson almost scoring on his own net" topic was thread worthy.

Legitimate
11-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I brought this up with one of my friends the other day but a simliar trade scenerio, one that trades peja and posey and a first for Tmac. That would be cool havin tmac with paul.

BIGBREED
11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
What part of "DEPRESSION" don't you guys don't understand? TMac deals w/ Depression, plus he has a bad back! Nobody wants him, he's done. This is not XBOX360 people.........

[THE HORNETS ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!]

Chapin78
11-22-2009, 06:16 PM
No way we pull off a trade for T-Mac if it doesnt involve something that will benefit them and Peja and MO doesn't. I don't know if the Hornets are a playoff team but we need to shake things up and see what we actually have to move forward.

BIGBREED
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
No way we pull off a trade for T-Mac if it doesnt involve something that will benefit them and Peja and MO doesn't. I don't know if the Hornets are a playoff team but we need to shake things up and see what we actually have to move forward.

Have you even seen the Hornets play since the Byron Scott firing? I think not! Before you comment on the Hornets, you should look at them play. You are still saying that they need to shake things up! Explain that to me please! How do you shake up a NBA roster w/o evaluating what you already have. The Hornets have only played 14 games. And don't say that we need a SG, bcuz we already drafted/trade for one "SG- Marcus Thornton"

- 3 game winning streak, beating the Clippers, Suns, and Hawks
- we just lost to one of the hottest teams in the East, Miami Heat by 1 pt(damn David West)
- we are competing in close games w/o CP3

LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE...
SG- Marcus Thornton is a poormans "Dwayne Wade"
PG- Darren Collison is a poormans "Tony Parker"

[THE HORNETS ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM]

Vinny642
11-22-2009, 11:46 PM
Thorton is a great player, I am glad we stole him from the league and Collison is great too. Finally a good draft.

Chapin78
11-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Have you even seen the Hornets play since the Byron Scott firing? I think not! Before you comment on the Hornets, you should look at them play. You are still saying that they need to shake things up! Explain that to me please! How do you shake up a NBA roster w/o evaluating what you already have. The Hornets have only played 14 games. And don't say that we need a SG, bcuz we already drafted/trade for one "SG- Marcus Thornton"

- 3 game winning streak, beating the Clippers, Suns, and Hawks
- we just lost to one of the hottest teams in the East, Miami Heat by 1 pt(damn David West)
- we are competing in close games w/o CP3

LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE...
SG- Marcus Thornton is a poormans "Dwayne Wade"
PG- Darren Collison is a poormans "Tony Parker"

[THE HORNETS ARE A PLAYOFF TEAM]

Your reading comprehension is really poor! Go back to what I wrote it says "we need to shake things up and see what we have to move forward". I agree that dumping Scott might have been a good move. I think that we need to see what we have in other words we need to play guys like Collison and Thornton. Who are you to say what I have seen and haven't seen with the Hornets playing? Im as big of a Hornets fan as your are but your also talking out of your *** if you think Thornton and Collison are anywhere near Wade and Parker. A "poormans" is something a homer says to hype up his player. C'mon I like my guys too but you can't even go there with the sample size we have seen from these guys so far. Those guys are rookies and you are comparing them to the elite players in the league! They could and I hope they do develop into elite players but to compare them to Wade and Parker at this point in there young career is horrible. Those guys have played at elite levels for years now not just a handful of games. You may be putting to much on these guys to think that Thornton and Collison will lead us to the playoffs. Give them more then 3 games and evaluate them much later.

BIGBREED
11-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Your reading comprehension is really poor! Go back to what I wrote it says "we need to shake things up and see what we have to move forward". I agree that dumping Scott might have been a good move. I think that we need to see what we have in other words we need to play guys like Collison and Thornton. Who are you to say what I have seen and haven't seen with the Hornets playing? Im as big of a Hornets fan as your are but your also talking out of your *** if you think Thornton and Collison are anywhere near Wade and Parker. A "poormans" is something a homer says to hype up his player. C'mon I like my guys too but you can't even go there with the sample size we have seen from these guys so far. Those guys are rookies and you are comparing them to the elite players in the league! They could and I hope they do develop into elite players but to compare them to Wade and Parker at this point in there young career is horrible. Those guys have played at elite levels for years now not just a handful of games. You may be putting to much on these guys to think that Thornton and Collison will lead us to the playoffs. Give them more then 3 games and evaluate them much later.

Who am I? I'm a season ticket holder for the Saints and the Hornets! I know what I see on the court and I'm there feeling the buzz of excitement at the HIVE. Saying that you're a "Big Hornets Fan" means nothing to me, when you're giving the wrong info about the team.

- the shakeup of the team came when they fired Byron Scott, that allowed others/rookies to play
- for you to say that you hope our rookies can turn out to be good, tells me that you don't watch the Hornets(the rookies are really good)
- everyone can be compared to someone by their style of play; mel Kiper does it for the NFL draft!
- "poorman" means at the lowest level in that phase of comparison

The past 3 games(Sun, Hawks, Heat)

- Marcus Thornton{6th man off the bench} 21.3 pts 3rebs 1.6stls per/g( 9-15 3pt, 60.0% 3FG)
instant offense, slasher, loves to drive, loves contact, is a great 3pt shooter/can get "HOT" straight off the bench and takeover a game.

- Darren Collison{Starter} 16.0 pts 7.3 asst 4rebs (15-16 FT; gets to the freethrow line alot)
cat-like quickness that draws fouls; great penetrater w/ a tear drop shot(like Tony Parker), needs work on outside shot beyond the arch(like Tony Parker was)
-Darren Collison is so quick, he defended Phoenix SG-Leandro Barbosa on a great defensive stands at the HIVE! (NO ONE has ever done that in the NBA B4)

***Might I add, the rookies has only played actively in 4 games***

Ask the guys(vinny,spacemandave,jdizzle) who have seen them play, "Our Rookies are really good CHAPIN"

[SHOUT OUT TO tland22.....MARCUS THORNTON IS A BEAST!]

Chapin78
11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Who am I? I'm a season ticket holder for the Saints and the Hornets! I know what I see on the court and I'm there feeling the buzz of excitement at the HIVE. Saying that you're a "Big Hornets Fan" means nothing to me, when you're giving the wrong info about the team.

- the shakeup of the team came when they fired Byron Scott, that allowed others/rookies to play
- for you to say that you hope our rookies can turn out to be good, tells me that you don't watch the Hornets(the rookies are really good)
- everyone can be compared to someone by their style of play; mel Kiper does it for the NFL draft!
- "poorman" means at the lowest level in that phase of comparison

The past 3 games(Sun, Hawks, Heat)

- Marcus Thornton{6th man off the bench} 21.3 pts 3rebs 1.6stls per/g( 9-15 3pt, 60.0% 3FG)
instant offense, slasher, loves to drive, loves contact, is a great 3pt shooter/can get "HOT" straight off the bench and takeover a game.

- Darren Collison{Starter} 16.0 pts 7.3 asst 4rebs (15-16 FT; gets to the freethrow line alot)
cat-like quickness that draws fouls; great penetrater w/ a tear drop shot(like Tony Parker), needs work on outside shot beyond the arch(like Tony Parker was)
-Darren Collison is so quick, he defended Phoenix SG-Leandro Barbosa on a great defensive stands at the HIVE! (NO ONE has ever done that in the NBA B4)

***Might I add, the rookies has only played actively in 4 games***

Ask the guys(vinny,spacemandave,jdizzle) who have seen them play, "Our Rookies are really good CHAPIN"

[SHOUT OUT TO tland22.....MARCUS THORNTON IS A BEAST!]

WHOA you have season tickets to the Saints and Hornets!!! That means you must be the greatest ever all time fan!! If I could send you a cookie over the internet I would. First off don't start being an internet tuff guy with me. We are on the same side so your blabbering is going no where take that to the another forum.

Im not giving you any wrong info so where did that come from? I call it like I see it. I know that the rookies are playing well every Hornets fan knows that. Its a small sample size of what they have done so far is my point. You don't need to throw stats out there we all know what they are.

My point to all of this is that they are playing really well right now and I love it. They need to stay consistent with it over more time to start comparing them to the more elite players. Give them time Big B! Hell Stafford had 5 TD's yesterday but that doesn't mean Im going to compare him to Brees! Give them time brother.

BIGBREED
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
I hear what you are saying, but they are getting time right now. The one thing that you can't beat is playing experience and they are getting that right now for the playoffs! Thats when the season starts....in the Playoffs!
Would you say that PG-Brandon Jennings is a great rookie or PF-DeJuan Blair is a great rookie? Yes, because they're playing right now and putting up great stats and thats what our rookies are doing. Lets talk about our rookies being great, not just others. The time is NOW........SINK OR SWIM!

-Matthew Stafford is compared to Matt Ryan
-BIG BREED is compared to an "Internet Tuff Guy"

....and yes we are brothers my man!

Lo Porto
11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
The only way that Houston trades TMac to NO is if Okafor is in the deal. But still, I highly doubt that Houston takes Okafor AND either Peterson or Posey's contract. If NO had a nice $6-8 million expiring, Houston would probably take Okafor and that expiring for TMac. So I guess if NO could turn Posey into a similar contract that expires, TMac might be an option....

In reality, a trade that makes a lot of sense would be Okafor and Posey for AK47. AK makes the same as Okafor/Posey this year and next, but his contract is done after next year meaning that NO would clear up $20 million for the summer of 2011 which is the summer right before Paul has to make his choice of whether he's leaving or staying. The only players on the roster would be Paul, West, Collison, Wright, their 2010 rookie and maybe Thornton. NO would be able to go get any free agent they wanted to entice Paul to stay.

fredv
11-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Lol ^^ Op has no notion of contracts...

I'd do Tmac+Brooks+Landry+1st round pick for Paul+Bad contracts (such as peja).

Gives you huge cap relief and 2 young studs in Brooks and Landry. Then get rid of the rest of the big *** contracts of West and Okafor somewhere and start fresh. The 1st round pick is also valuable since I believe you guys are going to start rebuilding...

No one has mentionned trading Paul and I can understand your team definitely doesn't want to let him go he is amazing. But with financial problems and all that I could see the Hornets letting him go, or simply see Paul asking for a trade which would be worse.
I'm also crazy enough to mention Paul because Solomon has mentionned the Rockets are working the phones to grab a very good player, better than Chris Bosh. And for me, besides Paul, there aren't any better players than Bosh that could be available (LBJ, Kobe, Wade, Roy, Carmelo,... are not moving). I have no proof that it is Paul, but I for sure know that the Rockets where trying to pursue a PG in last years draft and Morey really wants that special guard. He probably dreams of CP3 at night.

Sports Illustrator
11-25-2009, 06:47 PM
I really have to question the source here.

But just to analytical purposes.
I don't know if there is anyone the Hornets may be willing to trade to the Houston Rockets other than Emeka Okafor. Even trading Emeka Okafor seems to be a little difficult considering the fact that the Houston Rockets happen to be in the Western Conference just like the New Orleans Hornets are. So with that said, they wouldn't be trading for T-Mac for his value as much, but more for his contract. I am sure they'd like T-Mac if he were 100% healthy, but they may already know that T-Mac may not come back 100% healthy. The last thing they'd want it to heavily rely on T-Mac, and then have him miss the playoffs due to injury purposes.

As for Allen Iverson, I highly doubt that the Hornets would want to mess with their team chemistry, none the less mess with Chris Paul's level of happiness with the team. Who would be the one to bring down the ball every time? If Allen Iverson were to be signed by the Hornets, the Hornets would face the same exact situation as did the Memphis Grizzlies. Allen Iverson will not recognize that he no longer is 25 years old. He is going to want the same amount of burn as Chris Paul. I am also sure that the Hornets wouldn't want a very small back-court throughout most of the game. I say that because there would be some mismatches on the defensive end of the floor.

ko8e24
11-25-2009, 09:29 PM
AI is retiring, so might as well change the title of this thread

ballpd05
12-02-2009, 03:05 PM
The only way that Houston trades TMac to NO is if Okafor is in the deal. But still, I highly doubt that Houston takes Okafor AND either Peterson or Posey's contract.

Houston would not take Okafor's big, long, ridiculous contract if they expect Yao to come back. They wouldn't want to be stuck with $20+ (maybe even 30+ million) tied up at center. And they love Scola and Landry so they wouldn't play both Okafor and Yao.