PDA

View Full Version : West conf leaders Suns/Mavs

Ebbs
11-21-2009, 04:50 AM
Who would have thought Mavs and Suns would be leading the conf after 13 games? I mean I may have said mavs win 70 this year but we all know that was a dream. Quite a story so far for both teams Marion and Howard have both been hurt on and off for the mavs. And no one expected anything from the suns.

abe_froman
11-21-2009, 04:53 AM
its early yet and will probably change,though both will be in playoffs

GoatMilk
11-21-2009, 04:57 AM
both have gotten off to great starts.

Dallas has a better shot at staying no. 2 than Phoenix though.
i think we all know who will finish no. 1 in the West...

Illuminati999
11-21-2009, 05:31 AM
Mavs - Not surprised at all, in fact I'm almost disappointed we aren't 11-2, damn Barea for missing 2 FTs at the end of the 4th quarter against NO. Naw, I'm joking kind of, I'm pleased.

Suns - Pretty surprised.

#1Mavericksfan
11-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm suprised Lakers fans are not hating on the Mavs and Suns......

thephoenixson28
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm suprised Lakers fans are not hating on the Mavs and Suns...... Just wait for it they will come

RaiderLakersA's
11-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm suprised Lakers fans are not hating on the Mavs and Suns......

Both teams are playing well and should be commended for fast starts. I disagree, though, that this was unexpected. I think everyone in the West expected the Mavs to compete for one of the best records. With the Suns, most would agree that the Shaq experiment was the snail in molasses that slowed them down. Once they reverted to form, they were still good enough to run and gun with the best of them.

That said, which of these two teams do you think will make it to the Western Conference Championship and win?

sofargone
11-21-2009, 01:18 PM
i knew dallas was gonna be good but as i said in another thread im surprised the suns are good.

Raph12
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
It may be too early to read too far into the rankings, but with that being said, these two teams are trying to make a statement in the league, as is Atlanta, which has been duely noted in most coaches' books I'm sure.

theimortalone
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Shaq just wasn't able to run and gun in Phoenix. As soon as he is gone Suns start the season 10-3.

Young2Kinsler
11-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Despite the Mavs record, they aren't playing consistant at all yet. I hope they get things right before they go the wrong way.

Ebbs
11-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Lol yea we should won in new orleans no doubt lol. Also though dirk has not played better in the clutch ever then he is now.

BlondeBomber41
11-21-2009, 04:24 PM
It may be too early to read too far into the rankings, but with that being said, these two teams are trying to make a statement in the league, as is Atlanta, which has been duely noted in most coaches' books I'm sure.

Time to add a Dallas Mavericks portion to your sig.

Kidd - Howard - Nowitzki - Terry - Marion works just fine.

Giants27
11-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Christ,We are only 13 games into the season. :facepalm:

Punkindrublic03
11-21-2009, 04:29 PM
im a laker fan i will let the mavs fans talk because they beat us but for the suns they should shut the **** up they got smashed on by the lakers so **** the suns and **** az

idiot

thedfactor
11-21-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm most impressed with the Hawks actually. Not shocked or anything, but only impressed because they have beaten some really good teams already and their team has really improved and matured. Adding Crawford and Joe Smith helps. Mavs and Suns are both quality teams, but I think the Mavs will go further.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-21-2009, 05:46 PM
doesn't matter, Lakers will be the 1st seed

Vinny642
11-21-2009, 05:54 PM
U kno whats funny, we beat the Mavs and Suns(regardless it took 2 games)
but they are playing great.

iggypop123
11-21-2009, 05:56 PM
if this was a strike season maybe it would be a big deal they lead this early, but this is 82 games. long season, besides we now have our health, nothing can stand in our way when we have health

BlondeBomber41
11-21-2009, 06:00 PM

Mavs beat themselves in that game clanking all those FT's and allowing you to drain the three to send it to OT.

Vinny642
11-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Mavs beat themselves in that game clanking all those FT's and allowing you to drain the three to send it to OT.

Well when you look at your schedule and you see the game that we played you, you see a L not a W!

HouRealCoach
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Suns have many good players that were in the wrong situations B4 but play better with Nash.... and Mavs would have been the Top Team if they had gotten Kaman in the offseason

Mavrix
11-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Well when you look at your schedule and you see the game that we played you, you see a L not a W!

Yup and that's all that matters. A win is a win.

As far as the Mavs and Suns go, I'm not too surprised with Dallas obviously. I had a feeling they would be the 2nd or 3rd seed in the west the entire off season. The Suns I'm very surprised with. I honestly didn't think they even improved in the offseason and I had them as the 8th seed in the west. They're playing great basketball and Nash is having an MVP type of year thus far.

Shady66
11-21-2009, 09:58 PM
I hate when lakers fans come in here and say, doesnt matter, lakers will be first. You probably will be first by the end of the year but wow, why hate on other teams and not even compliment of how well their playing.

Kevj77
11-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Not surprised these teams are doing better this year. The Mavs made some moves in the offseason. Suns improved just by getting rid of Shaq. He didn't fit their style at all. It was an addition by subtraction. They are back to playing Suns basketball.

Chacarron
11-21-2009, 10:10 PM
I hate when lakers fans come in here and say, doesnt matter, lakers will be first. You probably will be first by the end of the year but wow, why hate on other teams and not even compliment of how well their playing.

Lakers will be first, and I compliment both the Suns and Mavs for making the most of these first 13 games. :)

thephoenixson28
11-21-2009, 10:12 PM
im a laker fan i will let the mavs fans talk because they beat us but for the suns they should shut the **** up they got smashed on by the lakers so **** the suns and **** az This is funny cuz when we were talking about the suns had a back to back game and had tired legs laker fans said no excuses,but when they played denver the next day and got whooped on they said the same thing.**** the lakers and california

championships
11-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Enjoy, While you can;)

JJ_JKidd
11-22-2009, 01:38 AM
I support the Mavs and the Lakers and im pretty surprised abt Phx esp Frye and Dudley they are a great supporting cast. But still, just like what Brent Barry said during the Mavs preview, the Mavs may finish with a decent record after the regular season (same as Phoenix) but they are gonna fold in the playoffs. I mean, look at their big men-- Mavs have Damp and Phx has Amery (LOL) against the Lakers Gasol (and an improving Bynum). Enough said.

ManChild
11-22-2009, 02:04 AM
The maturity of lakers fans is just...

sdweston757
11-22-2009, 02:30 AM
this is why i hate the nba forum

EVERY SINGLE ****ING THREAD TURNS INTO THE LAKERS....

"i mean yeah the suns and mavs are each playing well, but it doesnt matter because were the best team in the west"
who the **** cares, thats not what the thread is about

drobe86
11-22-2009, 03:31 AM
Mavs are playing big time ball. Forget the haters, what the Mavs are proving it on the court this year. That speaks for something. The lakers look Tired. We'll see you in April

Rocktober2009
11-22-2009, 03:50 AM
Very suprised by both, alas is 13 games..

a lot more to play, things can and probably will change

thephoenixson28
11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
the lakers r going to smash on ur gay *** suns in the next three games and when playoffs come around i will like to see the suns play they lakers so the lakers wope on your suns another 4 times If we had david stern on our nuts we would have 16 championship too. Whatever jerry buss is doing behind close doors is working cuz he got a great trade and a championship out of it. A couple years ago you guys were crying about kobe now everyday I see kobe threads or if not a kobe thread you guys even mention him when the thread is not about him. This is why I hate L.A.

sunnydayin'zona
11-22-2009, 01:46 PM

you did, but about a week ago the suns beat you too, so its even there i guess.

the hornets are better than their record, and i could see the advantage in trading chris paul.

ElMarroAfamado
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
i give the suns credit for being where they are with
loui amundson and a guy named jared dudley on their team

ElMarroAfamado
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
If we had david stern on our nuts we would have 16 championship too. Whatever jerry buss is doing behind close doors is working cuz he got a great trade and a championship out of it. A couple years ago you guys were crying about kobe now everyday I see kobe threads or if not a kobe thread you guys even mention him when the thread is not about him. This is why I hate L.A.

mutual
:eyebrow:

dodie53
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
still very early.

gcoll
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
the lakers r going to smash on ur gay *** suns in the next three games and when playoffs come around i will like to see the suns play they lakers so the lakers wope on your suns another 4 times
What?

Anyway. Yup. Both off to good starts. Still early, but Christ. As a Suns fan, am I supposed to not be excited we've started 11-3?

Our biggest test on the early season comes early in December. We play Lakers (on another ****ing back to back), Dallas, Orlando, Denver, San Antonio, Portland....all in a row. Tough stretch. Only two of them are at home.

AllTheWay
11-22-2009, 11:53 PM
What?

Anyway. Yup. Both off to good starts. Still early, but Christ. As a Suns fan, am I supposed to not be excited we've started 11-3?

Our biggest test on the early season comes early in December. We play Lakers (on another ****ing back to back), Dallas, Orlando, Denver, San Antonio, Portland....all in a row. Tough stretch. Only two of them are at home.

Damn, that is a tough stretch....

theimortalone
11-23-2009, 02:05 AM
I swear to god so many Laker fans have no class. A thread about the Suns/Mavs and you guys turn it into a thread about the Lakers. This is NOT ABOUT THE LAKERS. I swear a lot of you guys are so classless. :pity:

Teeboy1487
11-23-2009, 02:17 AM
I'll say it. Both teams are playing well.. I kind of expected this from Dallas, but I'm quite surprise to see how well phoenix is playing. I'll give credit where credit is due. Both teams are off to good starts. Both of them keeping it up though remains to be seen, but both teams have look good in the games I've watched. I'm impressed.

The_Ocho_24
11-23-2009, 03:15 AM
theyll be right back where we all expected them to be in another 13 games lol... dont get too excited...

The_Ocho_24
11-23-2009, 03:31 AM
I swear to god so many Laker fans have no class. A thread about the Suns/Mavs and you guys turn it into a thread about the Lakers. This is NOT ABOUT THE LAKERS. I swear a lot of you guys are so classless. :pity:

no we arent... look at who theyve beaten lol... dallas:

clippers
toronto
minnesota
detroit
milwaukee
san antonio
sacramento

suns:

Clippers
warriors
twolves
washington
sixers
hornets
raptors
pistons

granted they each have a couple wins against a top tear team BUT... the majority of the teams they have played have been trash... wait till january to start a thread about a team playing well... i hate when people talk about teams collapsing... normally a team is either over hyped or overrated when they collapse like that... dont give them credit till they prove theyre worthy of it... thats why im not saying anything about any other team being the best or great right now...

BlondeBomber41
11-23-2009, 03:33 AM

clippers
toronto
minnesota
detroit
milwaukee
san antonio
sacramento

suns:

Clippers
warriors
twolves
washington
sixers
hornets
raptors
pistons

granted they each have a couple wins against a top tear team BUT... the majority of the teams they have played have been trash... wait till january to start a thread about a team playing well... i hate when people talk about teams collapsing... normally a team is either over hyped or overrated when they collapse like that... dont give them credit till they prove theyre worthy of it... thats why im not saying anything about any other team being the best or great right now...

Who have the Lakers played? Granted I havent looked at their full schedule but from my memory they have lost to all the good teams they have played except for the Suns. They lost to Houston, Dallas, Denver.... they have been great at beating up on bad teams but can they win a game against a good team?

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 04:24 AM

clippers
toronto
minnesota
detroit
milwaukee
san antonio
sacramento

suns:

Clippers
warriors
twolves
washington
sixers
hornets
raptors
pistons

Dallas beat the Lakers, Rockets, Spurs, Jazz, and an 8-3 Bucks team. All quality teams.

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Only quality teams Lakers have beat are the Hawks, Rockets, and Suns.

GoatMilk
11-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Only quality teams Lakers have beat are the Hawks, Rockets, and Suns.

they look pretty damn great now with Pau back.

enjoy your time tied with them

Kohaku
11-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Lol I did not expect the Suns to be in the top of the conference right now, but props.

NFLNBA
11-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Not really suprised at all what has happened so far!

Suns are usually always a good regular season team! There style just doesnt cut it in the playoffs

Mavs have a pretty good team that will make the playoffs but we will see them get taken out round 1 or 2 just like the Suns

Spurs on paper are a team that could take the Lakers and Nuggets to the limit but again there age and injuries will take a toll on them

Nuggets are the Lakers biggest threat just like last year, well rounded team just there SG position is weak

Lakers look to be dominate again since Gasol's return and Bynum looks like the guy the Lakers have been talking about.....can he stay healthy? Artest shut down Durrant looks to be getting comfortable

People its 12-14 games into the regular season can there really be suprises already? Remember the regular season and playoffs are different! You can beat a team on any given night with back2backs ect but when your in the playoffs playing a team in a 7 game series and the pace is A LOT slower its a whole different ball game! Suns 1st round exit, Mavs 2nd round exit

Nuggets vs Lakers WCF

Lakers vs Celtics Finals

stawka
11-23-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm wondering when the whole "Spurs are done" thing will start again? I've been saying it for the last 3 years and they're made me eat my words every time.

Are they done, or will they make a strong run to the Playoff's after the All-Star break?

stawka
11-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Double post

DodgerorLaker?
11-23-2009, 09:57 AM
This is funny cuz when we were talking about the suns had a back to back game and had tired legs laker fans said no excuses,but when they played denver the next day and got whooped on they said the same thing.**** the lakers and california

Calm down: You sound just as bad as this guy by sayin **** california.Don't hate on the most desired state to live in the United States.No excuses for getting killed by Denver! The real fans of the Champs don't make excuses.The only thing I would say that no Pau Gasol at the time makes everything a lot different for the Lakers.

aWiLL 20
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM
why even play a season when laker fans know the outcome?!?! lol

thephoenixson28
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Calm down: You sound just as bad as this guy by sayin **** california.Don't hate on the most desired state to live in the United States.No excuses for getting killed by Denver! The real fans of the Champs don't make excuses.The only thing I would say that no Pau Gasol at the time makes everything a lot different for the Lakers. I was the guy that said **** cali. Arizona and california go beyond just sports its about territory too.

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
they look pretty damn great now with Pau back.

enjoy your time tied with them

Who blew your team out? That's right.

Gibby23
11-23-2009, 12:38 PM

And?

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
And?

Your team got whooped. Blow out. Embarrasing much? :facepalm:

Gibby23
11-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Your team got whooped. Blow out. Embarrasing much? :facepalm:

My team still plays in June. Congrats on the highlight of your season, but you don't get a ring for a early November win, and this Mavs team won't be around when it matters in May/June, my team will.

DoubleDragon
11-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Just wait for it they will come

Interesting that Mav and Suns fans want to manifest Lakers fans ripping on them. Screwed if you do, screwed if you don't...

As a Laker fan, I for one am stoked that Dallas and Phoenix are bringing that old "pizzazz" back in the West (believe me, I was rooting for dallas to smack the snot out of the nuggs in the play-offs) and when Shaq became the weighted-down destroyer of the Suns exciting fast break style, even laker fans felt (a little) bad for 'em.

Sorry to disappoint you as a non-hater Laker fan. :rolleyes:
Hey, good basketball is good basketball.

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 01:35 PM
My team still plays in June. Congrats on the highlight of your season, but you don't get a ring for a early November win, and this Mavs team won't be around when it matters in May/June, my team will.

Alright Ms. Cleo. Unfortunately for your Lakers team, Dallas matches up extremely well. If a series were to unfold in the playoffs it would most likely go to 7 games.

Gibby23
11-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Alright Ms. Cleo. Unfortunately for your Lakers team, Dallas matches up extremely well. If a series were to unfold in the playoffs it would most likely go to 7 games.

Lakers in 5.

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Lakers in 5.

Hahaha, I'm sure you were thinking the same before playing the Rockets.

Gibby23
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Hahaha, I'm sure you were thinking the same before playing the Rockets.

Did it stop the Lakers from getting a ring?

Mavrix
11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Did it stop the Lakers from getting a ring?

No, but this is the 2009-2010 season. Stop living in the past.

Gibby23
11-23-2009, 05:17 PM
No, but this is the 2009-2010 season. Stop living in the past.

I think the Lakers will win it all this year also, if they don't it will not be because the mavs beat them. I like living in the past, because my team makes it possible for, while your team doesn't make it possible for you judging by the choke jobs in recent playoffs and finals to Miami and Dallas.

MTar786
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM

I applaud your love for your team.. but man, how many times have u mentioned u guys beat us? you go on as if you won the championship! but then again.. u guys havent had much to celebrate for in a long time. Plus you go on about blowing us out when our 2nd best player was injured and not even playing. your team and my team both still need to find themselves and work out on their chemistry. congrats to the suns and mavs. i kinda expected the mavs to be good. i expected the suns to be the 7th seed.. so you guys have REALLY surprised me.. BTW.. I do believe we blew u guys out only because u guys were on a back to back night. it would have been closer.. but now with pau.. its going to be different
im even more shocked by the spurs tho.. I expected a lot out of them.. atleast they're one less team to worry about :)

Bashna
11-23-2009, 09:39 PM
I applaud your love for your team.. but man, how many times have u mentioned u guys beat us? you go on as if you won the championship! but then again.. u guys havent had much to celebrate for in a long time. Plus you go on about blowing us out when our 2nd best player was injured and not even playing. your team and my team both still need to find themselves and work out on their chemistry. congrats to the suns and mavs. i kinda expected the mavs to be good. i expected the suns to be the 7th seed.. so you guys have REALLY surprised me.. BTW.. I do believe we blew u guys out only because u guys were on a back to back night. it would have been closer.. but now with pau.. its going to be different
im even more shocked by the spurs tho.. I expected a lot out of them.. atleast they're one less team to worry about :)

Well, i applaud him aswell. He's been arguing with an ignorant, tunnel-visioned Laker fan...The worst human imaginable basically...

Gibby, you're a complete homer...And it would benefit this thread TREMENDOUSLY if you left this thread.

Mavs and Suns are playing well, I'm expecting them to be 4 and 5 seeds respectively, potentially better for the Mavs if they don't have injuries. As for the Suns, we have an INSANELY tough schedule during December, if we come out ontop of that .700 or so, then i think we could grab a 3 or 4 seed, but my guesstimation ATM considering who has been playing well, and if it continues:

Lakers
Mavs
Suns
Nuggets
Blazers
Rockets
Jazz
Thunder

Mavrix
11-24-2009, 12:01 AM

Our second best player wasn't playing either.

Mavrix
11-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Well, i applaud him aswell. He's been arguing with an ignorant, tunnel-visioned Laker fan...The worst human imaginable basically...

Gibby, you're a complete homer...And it would benefit this thread TREMENDOUSLY if you left this thread.

Mavs and Suns are playing well, I'm expecting them to be 4 and 5 seeds respectively, potentially better for the Mavs if they don't have injuries. As for the Suns, we have an INSANELY tough schedule during December, if we come out ontop of that .700 or so, then i think we could grab a 3 or 4 seed, but my guesstimation ATM considering who has been playing well, and if it continues:

Lakers
Mavs
Suns
Nuggets
Blazers
Rockets
Jazz
ThunderNo Spurs?

Bashna
11-24-2009, 01:05 AM
No Spurs?

Well, currently they've been dealing with injuries, if that continues, i don't know if they'll make it...But if they bounce back like they usually do in febuary (Like i said that was based off the here and now) it'll probably look something more like:

Lakers
Mavs
Spurs
Suns
Nuggets
Blazers
Rockets
Jazz

Spurred1
11-24-2009, 01:16 AM
No Spurs?

Spurs should be there, Mavrix. As long as everyone is healthy by playoffs. Hopefully, that will be the case for all the teams. Don't see the Thunder making it, but who knows? Oh, wait-that IS why the games are played, right?
I don't see why a fan can't make a thread about the Suns/Mavs games so far. Most people probably expected the Suns to have serious problems regrouping and accomplishing anything.
Nobody is predicting that either Suns or Mavs will win anything but judging by some responses in here I'm guessing that no one but Lakers fans have the right to feel good about their teams.
(And I realize there are a lot of very normal sane Lakers fans here. The last part doesn't apply to you. You should know who you are.)

sunnydayin'zona
11-24-2009, 01:44 AM

clippers
toronto
minnesota
detroit
milwaukee
san antonio
sacramento

suns:

Clippers
warriors
twolves
washington
sixers
hornets
raptors
pistons

suns have beat the 8-3 twolves, celtics, heat, and rockets.

leftymo
11-24-2009, 02:50 AM
This isn't about the Lakers who are clearly the class of the west.

It's about the Mavs & Suns. The two teams that made basketball exciting to watch just a few years ago are back near the top of the standings (technically at the top).

Both teams have made minor changes that helped them tremendously, while other "supposed" contenders have regressed considerably. It's only 13 games into the season and injuries can affect anyone but as of right now, its nice to see a couple surprise upstart teams.

Are they title contenders? No of course not. But they will be solid top tier playoff teams. One or both might even finish ahead of the Lakers in the reg season which could help come playoff time.

Nirvanaskurdt
11-24-2009, 03:57 AM
I think the Suns Mavs and Lakers will all make the playoff and they will all be seeded highly and the payoffs will be great :)

As for some of you laker fans who are Dodger fans and I like and respect as Dodger fans.. now that I see your posts as Lakers fans.. wow.. its quite a difference and dissapoitning :pity:

#1Mavericksfan
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I think the Lakers will win it all this year also, if they don't it will not be because the mavs beat them. I like living in the past, because my team makes it possible for, while your team doesn't make it possible for you judging by the choke jobs in recent playoffs and finals to Miami and Dallas.

Didn't the Lakers have a 3-1 lead on the Suns in the playoffs in 2006 and choked?.....you probably don't remember that since Lakers fans choose to remember what they want to remember, the Lakers should have beat the Suns in the 2006 playoffs with them having a 3-1 lead.

Gibby23
11-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Didn't the Lakers have a 3-1 lead on the Suns in the playoffs in 2006 and choked?.....you probably don't remember that since Lakers fans choose to remember what they want to remember, the Lakers should have beat the Suns in the 2006 playoffs with them having a 3-1 lead.

The only difference between what the Mavs did and the Lakers did was the Lakers were the 7th seed and lost to the #2 seed. The Mavs were the #1 seed and lost to the #8 seed. We were just happy to be in the playoffs and take the Suns to 7, The Lakers were not expected to win, the Mavs were.

mrtrey1992
11-24-2009, 11:30 AM
is that a trick question phoenix

#1Mavericksfan
11-24-2009, 11:37 AM
The only difference between what the Mavs did and the Lakers did was the Lakers were the 7th seed and lost to the #2 seed. The Mavs were the #1 seed and lost to the #8 seed. We were just happy to be in the playoffs and take the Suns to 7, The Lakers were not expected to win, the Mavs were.

Here we go with the excuses Lakers fans like to make....when a team like your Lakers have a 3-1 lead there supposed to win the series since no questions asked and you called the Mavs "chokers", the Mavs never had a 3-1 lead against Golden State like the Lakers had over the Suns and the Lakers still loss.

Gibby23
11-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Here we go with the excuses Lakers fans like to make....when a team like your Lakers have a 3-1 lead there supposed to win the series since no questions asked and you called the Mavs "chokers", the Mavs never had a 3-1 lead against Golden State like the Lakers had over the Suns and the Lakers still loss.

Ok, you are right they choked. They also made up for it by getting that ring last year: Refer to my avatar.

TheHoopsProphet
11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Mavs and Suns have been tremendous, especially when you look at the fact that the Mavs have been playing without at least one top 3 player for the entire season. And the suns, who still play zero defense, are shooting on all cylinders. Unfortunately, I don't think this holds up for the suns. Offenses get inevitably get cold, and when your W's heavily rely on offense, it sets you up for some massive cold streaks, which could, in the end, make the suns a 5th seed at best. The mavs are still an enigma, and teams havent adjusted to their style yet, but once they do, mavs better adjust to the adjustment or prepare for a fall as well. Mavs will probably finish top 4 at worst, but in all likelihood, their only competition for the top 2 seeds are the Lakers and Spurs (and the spurs seem to be too old to care about getting top seedings, they just want to rest for the playoffs). Keep on truckin' Mavs/Suns.

king4day
11-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Mavs and Suns have been tremendous, especially when you look at the fact that the Mavs have been playing without at least one top 3 player for the entire season. And the suns, who still play zero defense, are shooting on all cylinders. Unfortunately, I don't think this holds up for the suns. Offenses get inevitably get cold, and when your W's heavily rely on offense, it sets you up for some massive cold streaks, which could, in the end, make the suns a 5th seed at best. The mavs are still an enigma, and teams havent adjusted to their style yet, but once they do, mavs better adjust to the adjustment or prepare for a fall as well. Mavs will probably finish top 4 at worst, but in all likelihood, their only competition for the top 2 seeds are the Lakers and Spurs (and the spurs seem to be too old to care about getting top seedings, they just want to rest for the playoffs). Keep on truckin' Mavs/Suns.

They aren't playing great defense, but they're playing the best D since Nash returned to the team.

TheHoopsProphet
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
They aren't playing great defense, but they're playing the best D since Nash returned to the team.

Perhaps statistically speaking yes. But I think they're improved "D" is a product of their incendiary offense. When you make baskets, the opposing team has less opportunities for fast breaks and easy baskets. When you're chucking up 3's and making them, opposing teams get sucked into it, and miss 3's and break up the flow of their offense. Not to mention the fact that athletes find it hard to not let their offense affect their defensive mentality. If things are going your way offensively, you will be more focused and enthusiastic to defend on the other side of the court.

Gibby23
11-24-2009, 12:15 PM

It might be the best since Nash returned, but 22nd in the NBA in Opp FG%, 25th in Opp PPG, 29th in Opp 3 point %, 21st in forcing turnovers, and 24th in defensive rebounding is nowhere near good or respectable.

Mavrix
11-24-2009, 03:13 PM

Weren't the Mavs the 6th seed last season and beat the Spurs in 5? No Ginobili, but Howard played on one ankle the entire series.

Wasn't Dallas the 7th seed the previous year? You have no room to say Dallas choked.

Gibby23
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Weren't the Mavs the 6th seed last season and beat the Spurs in 5? No Ginobili, but Howard played on one ankle the entire series.

Wasn't Dallas the 7th seed the previous year? You have no room to say Dallas choked.

Ok, I take the choke part back, but they did give away a title or 2 those 2 years.

Gibby23
11-24-2009, 03:23 PM
It might be the best since Nash returned, but 22nd in the NBA in Opp FG%, 25th in Opp PPG, 29th in Opp 3 point %, 21st in forcing turnovers, and 24th in defensive rebounding is nowhere near good or respectable.

Dallas is between 4 and 15 in these stats on D. I think they are a legit team that can contend. i don't think the Suns can contend because of the lack of D and rebounding.

Mavrix
11-24-2009, 03:34 PM
What's funny is Dallas has played the line up in my sig in only 2 games, and both games were blow outs against Houston and Toronto. Sadly Howard wasn't 100% when he came back so they're having him wait til he's perfect in mid December. Marion will either play tonight or in the next game and Dampier is fine, but they're trying to figure out what got him sick a few games ago. I honestly believe the Lakers will be the first seed in the west, and that Dallas will be 2-3 games behind them for the 2nd seed. Denver will get the 3rd seed and the Spurs will get HCA in the first round as the 4th seed against #5 Portland.

thephoenixson28
11-24-2009, 03:45 PM
It might be the best since Nash returned, but 22nd in the NBA in Opp FG%, 25th in Opp PPG, 29th in Opp 3 point %, 21st in forcing turnovers, and 24th in defensive rebounding is nowhere near good or respectable. The Suns play defense when it really counts in the 4th quarter. I'm not sure if you can find the stats but I'm pretty sure its respectable.

DirkIsTheBest
11-24-2009, 03:46 PM
What's funny is Dallas has played the line up in my sig in only 2 games, and both games were blow outs against Houston and Toronto. Sadly Howard wasn't 100% when he came back so they're having him wait til he's perfect in mid December. Marion will either play tonight or in the next game and Dampier is fine, but they're trying to figure out what got him sick a few games ago. I honestly believe the Lakers will be the first seed in the west, and that Dallas will be 2-3 games behind them for the 2nd seed. Denver will get the 3rd seed and the Spurs will get HCA in the first round as the 4th seed against #5 Portland.

Josh howard will never be healthy again. we should get rid of him.

JayW_1023
11-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Dirk is not a choker...he has lead his team deep into playoffs consistently as the main guy. He is still a top 10 player in this league. He has been torching the Spurs for years now while LeBron couldn't solve a championship caliber Spurs D when it mattered. What does the guy have left to prove?

Mavrix
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Josh howard will never be healthy again. we should get rid of him.

PSD should get rid of you. Howard is a 20 and 7 player when healthy, plus he has a 11 million dollar expiring contract.

Vinny642
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
PSD should get rid of you. Howard is a 20 and 7 player when healthy, plus he has a 11 million dollar expiring contract.

He is one of my favorite players, but 20-7 not on the Mavs anymore, not enough shots. More like 17-6

showtym24
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
You hear that buzz saw? Sounds like a healthy laker team.

Mavrix
11-24-2009, 09:27 PM
He is one of my favorite players, but 20-7 not on the Mavs anymore, not enough shots. More like 17-6

Well yeah not with Marion at the 3 now. But he's 20/7 on most teams and even better on mediocre teams like the Nets.

Spurred1
11-25-2009, 01:37 AM

Hey, every little bit helps. I'd be fine with 17-6 from him right now but...
I'd like Marion and Damp to return as well.

Hornies look they are regrouping a bit,btw.

leftymo
11-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Dirk is not a choker...he has lead his team deep into playoffs consistently as the main guy. He is still a top 10 player in this league. He has been torching the Spurs for years now while LeBron couldn't solve a championship caliber Spurs D when it mattered. What does the guy have left to prove?

As soon as I watched Dirk from his early years, I saw a very good player, HOF that will be good enough to never win a championship.

Right up there with Gary Payton (sans his Miami title), Karl Malone, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins...

Dallas and Phx are the same teams as they always have been. Not mentally tough enough to be serious title contenders but talented enough to win a lot of regular season games.

The only negative for them now, is that they are both on the older side of good. It's not like Nash, Kidd, Marion, Hill, etc... are in their prime.

_KB24_
11-25-2009, 02:26 AM

How about popping that bubbly in June?

This is the rare moment where I will defend Lebron. Lebron's 07 team was a joke. He did not choke. Dirk has choked. I don't care what you say and "the refs did this and that..." but he choked in the Finals and against the Warriors. Not to say other greats haven't choked, but he did as well.

GoatMilk
11-25-2009, 02:35 AM
Lakers are now officially first in the West after the Warriors beat the Mavs with only 6 players (lol)

DirkIsTheBest
11-25-2009, 06:23 AM

He will never get healthy again. and nobody wants him so his expiring is worthless.

Spurred1
11-25-2009, 06:30 AM
^Some team might want the expiring, get it? Howard will always have ankle issues, but he could probably be serviceable off the bench, playing limited minutes. Otherwise, he'll have flare ups again.

JayW_1023
11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
How about popping that bubbly in June?

This is the rare moment where I will defend Lebron. Lebron's 07 team was a joke. He did not choke. Dirk has choked. I don't care what you say and "the refs did this and that..." but he choked in the Finals and against the Warriors. Not to say other greats haven't choked, but he did as well.

Dirk was the reason that team was good in the first place...the real reason the Mavs failed was their overreliance on Dirk, not just as a scorer...but most notably as a playmaker.

Chronz
11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Shaq was able to run and gun in Phoenix. As soon as Porters gone Suns start the season 10-3.

Corrected for accuracy